Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11749402 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) (8687) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chukwunedum150(m): 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Just heard this Hertha Berlin defender Jordan Torunarigha is a Nigerian.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Awoniyi played all 90 minutes today as Mainz won 2:0

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Jamilu Collins also played all 90 minutes as Paderborn drew to Leibzig 1:1

Ademola Lookman didn't see a minute of gametime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lol.... Moronic attempt to score. grin Are you so dumb you don't understand that transfer news could go south at anytime? Didn't Mikel grant an interview in Man Utd colors only to deny he ever wanted to go to Man Utd? Lol.

Mister Attention seeker, the information got out from people close to Victor and my close inner sources picked up on it. Nothing was officially signed. Afterall, same sources told me that Ariyo Igbayilola was not Osimhen's agent and that has been confirmed true indeed. Whatever happened is b'cos word got out to the mainstream media even when nothing was officially signed. People wanted to be the first to break the news and that soured everything. So nothing spoil. Try again next time. Lol

komekn:

Dr 2 Know see how you disgrace yourself with your "inner sources" what a comedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Haaland is a phenomenal player, I agree, but he is overrated.

Let's check the stats...

singing

Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do
Look what you just made me Ooh,
look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look

Halland 19 years-108games 62goals 16assists
Osimhen 21 years- 90games 38goals 10assists

This Viking and Osimhen have very bright futures
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Haaland's biggest strength is his finishing, he doesn't miss chances, but his all-round play is not as good.
It would have been great to use his stats at Salzburg but these are unavailable, so also are Osimhen's stats at Charleroi.

Also Haaland hasn't played enough games, meaning the stats would be in his favour.

But even Norwegians know that Haaland is overrated. Yes he has contributed 12 goals in 8 apps, but Osimhen smothers the lad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Haaland's biggest strength is his finishing, he doesn't miss chances, but his all-round play is not as good.
It would have been great to use his stats at Salzburg but these are unavailable, so also are Osimhen's stats at Charleroi.

Also Haaland hasn't played enough games, meaning the stats would be in his favour.

But even Norwegians know that Haaland is overrated. Yes he has contributed 12 goals in 8 apps, but Osimhen smothers the lad.

seems you came late to the internet party

All the stats are available sir
Check Transfer market and Whoscored
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
chukwunedum150:

Yes, the potential heir to Balogun in the nearest future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
He is right to take Osimhen ahead of Haaland just as someone else is right to take Haaland over Osimhen. Both are generational talents so preference for who is better is allowed. I consider both at par.

And I think you really overhype Haaland's all-round play. Haaland is a super finisher, has power and technique but his all-round play is not up there. He is not even a pressing machine compared to Osimhen.

In terms of using or attacking Space, Haaland is very good but so also is Osimhen. Osimhen is the pressing King of Ligue 1. Does it even better than Mbappe.

Haaland is also not the kind of striker that will fall to the wings, constantly seeking out space to exploit when crowded out in the center but Osimhen is the striker that can use the wings to evade his markers.

If na pace, Haaland does not come close to Osimhen.
If na Height, Haaland trumps easily and is a better target man than Osimhen but despite Haaland's height, Osimhen still commands better aerial prowess.

Hold up play, both are good. Passing in the final third, Haaland edges.

I don't want this to turn into a debate but there are attributes where both players have it over each other but the player with the better all-round attributes between the two is definitely Osimhen. No question about that.

In the end, I repeat, I consider both at par b'cos I consider both to be generational talents.

TheGoodJoe:

You honestly rate Osimhen ahead of Haaland? That is an interesting take. Well I feel Haaland is better due to his all-round play and use of space. Especially his dashes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yes he is. We have given him mention here multiple times.

chukwunedum150:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

seems you came late to the internet party

All the stats are available sir
Check Transfer market and Whoscored

When I said stats, I meant detailed stats like 'Shots per goal' 'XG' 'Big chances missed'. No one covers Austria.

I have seen Haaland play and boy is fast. But Osimhen is something else.

Haaland is like Lewandoski. Osimhen is like Diego Costa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

Do you mean a TV fan or fan that comes to games, involved with the club as an official fan club member, occasional associated engagement with coaches and other staff, etc

Because "WE" is very ambiguous.

Good to see how your idiocy got schooled by the likes of Safari and Chris for this absolutely moronic post of yours. grin

This happened and you think you can come my way seeking some cheap redemption. Lol

Komekn... Remember I showed you your lies and how you constantly derided and degraded our Naija homegrown talents... But like a coward, you didn't reply the posts anymore. You didn't face it like a man. grin Instead you chose cowardly evasion and ran off this thread for days hoping all will forget that episode. Man... We don't forget ooo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

His comment really surprised me.

Maybe he can help me get a UK Visa so I can visit Anfield grin .
Seems like he has developed a penchant for showing off.. like he did with Chriskels the other day .

He has not developed anything, he has always had it. He likes to throw his knowledge of the whole of England in our faces, while still assuming he knows Nigeria as well as we do.

That's how he is, he thinks he's better than others because he lives abroad and purportedly knows all the black players in England and their parents.

He is asking "are you a fan in the sense that you speak with club officials?" As if fans can just walk into Old Trafford and ask for Ed Woodward. I wish that clown emoji was on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
chukwunedum150:

Welcome to the thread. It is clear from this post, that you have not been with us all this time.

TheSuperNerd will show you around, Joebie will help you with some drinks, don't mess with Andrew, and Yarayara is moving about with a harmful weapon, so, please, avoid him as well.

Once again, welcome to the thread, my brother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
He is right to take Osimhen ahead of Haaland just as someone else is right to take Haaland over Osimhen. Both are generational talents so preference for who is better is allowed. I consider both at par.

And I think you really overhype Haaland's all-round play. Haaland is a super finisher, has power and technique but his all-round play is not up there. He is not even a pressing machine compared to Osimhen.

In terms of using or attacking Space, Haaland is very good but so also is Osimhen. Osimhen is the pressing King of Ligue 1. Does it even better than Mbappe.

Haaland is also not the kind of striker that will fall to the wings, constantly seeking out space to exploit when crowded out in the center but Osimhen is the striker that can use the wings to evade his markers.

If na Height, Haaland trumps easily and is a better target man than Osimhen but despite Haaland's height, Osimhen still commands better aerial prowess.

I don't want this to turn into a debate but there are attributes where both players have it over each other but the player with the better all-round attributes between the two is definitely Osimhen. No question about that.

In the end, I repeat, I consider both at par b'cos I consider both to be generational talents.

For a start, Haaland's top speed is 36km/h while Osimhen is 35km/h.

Let me drop some excerpts from total football analysis magazine;

While he is good in the air as well – he has a success rate of 41% for aerial duels this season – his primary weapon is his pace and movement to get in behind defenders.

One of Haaland’s best attributes is his movement off the ball. He is constantly on the move looking for space, and usually tries to make runs off the shoulder of the last defender to go through on goal. Allied with his pace, this makes him a fearsome proposition for opposition defenders.

Allied to his movement is his creativity – both on and off the ball. In addition to having scored 28 goals so far this season, the Norwegian also has five assists, pointing to his ability to fashion chances for his teammates.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/haaland-tactical-analysis-scout-report-tactics

This is not a post on who is better but to highlight qualities of Haaland I feel are overlooked which play a big part to his success.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Subzero047:

You must be smoking

No be ordinary weed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

These shots will give you an idea how insanely fast Haaland could be when on his devastating sprints.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

When I said stats, I meant detailed stats like 'Shots per goal' 'XG' 'Big chances missed'. No one covers Austria.

I have seen Haaland play and boy is fast. But Osimhen is something else.

Haaland is like Lewandoski. Osimhen is like Diego Costa.

So you will take Costa ahead of Lewandowski? funny shii

someone has 23 goal contributions in 16 appearances in the Bundesliga and you're looking for XP

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Haaland is a phenomenal player, I agree, but he is overrated.

Let's check the stats...

I don’t think he is overrated yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

These shots will give you an idea how insanely fast Haaland could be when on his devastating sprints.

I'm crying

Haaland is Messi as a natural striker
He is a joy to watch

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

I'm crying

He is a joy to watch

Don't you ever compare undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Utonwanne:

Only time will tell but Edopesin has a strong point though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Utonwanne:

Bad Energy

Kindly show me where else I've compared today or move ahead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Bad Energy

Kindly show me where else I've compared today or move ahead

Good Energy.... I'm moving ahead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Haaland's top speed is 36km/hr yet he is not in the Top 5 bundesliga fastest of all time which has our own EHIZIBUE clocking in at 35.85 km/hr in third position abi. Na so.

Osimhen's speed vs Valencia was never even recorded but he was mentioned as clocking speed as if he were Usain bolt. His speed shows while in Belgium was never also taken into accounts but it is clear from reputable and trusted gamer stats franchises like EA Sports and Konami which are painstakingly accurate when it comes to player speed stats that Osimhen is faster than Haaland.

Osimhen's speed-shows overtime reveal he is the faster of the two. Haaland clocks 36km/hr yet Davies caught up with him so easily and Davies is also not in Bundesliga Top 5 fastest of all time. Sir Goodjoe... Fear God! grin

And I could also drop Statistical notes on Osimhen written by various sites but my point is clear. Osimhen commands the better all-round attributes. Both are excellent talents and I consider them to be at par. Haaland has his strengths but so does Osimhen and Pace is not an area Haaland edges over Osimhen.

TheGoodJoe:

For a start, Haaland's top speed is 36km/h while Osimhen is 35km/h.

Let me drop some excerpts from total football analysis magazine;

While he is good in the air as well – he has a success rate of 41% for aerial duels this season – his primary weapon is his pace and movement to get in behind defenders.

One of Haaland’s best attributes is his movement off the ball. He is constantly on the move looking for space, and usually tries to make runs off the shoulder of the last defender to go through on goal. Allied with his pace, this makes him a fearsome proposition for opposition defenders.

Allied to his movement is his creativity – both on and off the ball. In addition to having scored 28 goals so far this season, the Norwegian also has five assists, pointing to his ability to fashion chances for his teammates.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/haaland-tactical-analysis-scout-report-tactics

This is not a post on who is better but to highlight qualities of Haaland I feel are overlooked which play a big part to his success.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chukwunedum150(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

Welcome to the thread. It is clear from this post, that you have not been with us all this time.

TheSuperNerd will show you around, Joebie will help you with some drinks, don't mess with Andrew, and Yarayara is moving about with a harmful weapon, so, please, avoid him as well.

Once again, welcome to the thread, my brother.
I'm not new here though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Only time will tell but Edopesin has a strong point though.

I rate haaland too but not exaggerate.

Just like you said, only time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Drop shots of Osimhen and compare. You overrate Haaland's speed very clearly. Davies gave us a fine idea of how fast Haaland is. grin And Davies is not even among the Top 5 Bundesliga fastest.

Also, EA Sports settles it and affirms Osimhen is faster than Haaland. Their stats for player attributes especially when it comes to physicality, speed and shooting are world renowned.

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
chukwunedum150:
I'm not new here though

And you've not heard of Torunarigha here? That's so weird.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

So you will take Costa ahead of Lewandowski? funny shii

someone has 23 goal contributions in 16 appearances in the Bundesliga and you're looking for XP

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

I'm crying

He is a joy to watch

Haaland is CR7, not Messi. Even Haaland says he models his style to CR7, not Messi.

Make una no dey force Messi name everywhere. No be only "Messi as a natural striker" undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chukwunedum150(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

And you've not heard of Torunarigha here? That's so weird.
i've been hearing about felix uduokhai than him anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) (8687) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, AndSunGorilla and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.