Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11746902 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8680) (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
i will be surprise if he move
Edopesin:

But las las it will be funny if he doesn't move from Lille after all these rumours
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

What is the point of this your argument?

You use 'We' when talking about the Super Eagles, but how many of their games have you gone for, even when it's in your backyard?

Is fandom by buying tickets and going to games? Someone is supporting a team from Nigeria, and you are asking if he has season tickets, does he live in England? How will he have season tickets?

The way you try to demean people sometimes, in your quest for whatever, is very disgusting.

He has as much right as anyone else to use WE for a team he supports. If Liverpool comes down to Nigeria and he has an opportunity to watch them, you think he won't? You think people in Nigeria that buy these club jerseys and spend their money to watch the games of these clubs do not have the right to use WE, when referring to clubs they support? Don't clubs make money from TV rights? Who do you think pays for these rights? Fans with season tickets?

What exactly are you getting at, by trying to ridicule his use of the term?

His comment really surprised me.

Maybe he can help me get a UK Visa so I can visit Anfield grin .
Seems like he has developed a penchant for showing off.. like he did with Chriskels the other day .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:
una go just come Buhari internet, dey give us lines like say na through window we dey watch ball.

Osimhen, poacher? Make we forget all those through balls e dey give Lille players? Or the two assists he recorded in one game? Please, we should be lenient in assessments. Osimhen isn't just a poacher and he does more than just scoring.

First of all, Osimhen had no game where he recorded two assists, all his 4 assists are spread over 4 games.
Being a poacher doesn't mean you shouldn't have assists, it means you pass to your teammates.
Also being a poacher is not a bad thing, especially for young strikers. In fact all strikers start as poachers before advancing to more complete forwards.

Take nothing from Osimhen, he is the best striker in his age group, way better than Haaland, but all this opinions arose when someone compared him to Firmino.

It's okay to applaud our players but don't overrate them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
elyte89:

grin oga it remains a bad analogy, it took u several hours to respond to my post thinking of what u right still u came up with nothing

So u expected a rohr to give osimhen a chance in d super eagles set up when he's still finding his feet in his career path @ chaleroi over already established players in super eagles set up with d likes of ighalo,nacho and co, .I maintain my stand when ighalo was playing for d national team,osimhen was not even in d picture let alone of comparing both

I could remember on dis thread den when we compare ighalo and nacho.....osimhen was never in d pictureI was in Iggy camp wyle some where in nachos camp even though both strikers where misfiring den smiley...so in a nutshell.. Ighalo retired,osimhen took over cool

It took me several hours to reply to your post because I had other things to do.... And u didn't reply my question on Taiye Taiwo because u had nothing to say,so the time thing isn't relevant..

Come o,did u just say Ighalo was an established player in the national team? We all know why Ighalo was recalled to the super eagles in the first place.... Rohr already invited Osimhen when he was at Wolfsburg,so he definitely had him in mind..

Any other coach could have tried Osimhen after Ighalo and Iheanacho were misfiring.. but Rohr didn't... Even Ighalo himself has repeatedly thanked Rohr for keeping faith with him..

Sometimes,it's not about the player's performance but the coach's preference..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
waffiboi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx7ujfA4YkY

Gernot Rohr should look at this prospect. Much better attacking midfielder than Iwobi. On the same level as ejaria. Will become a better AM than Ebere Eze in future.

Just like that?

The disrespect for Iwobi

Wetin e do una?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Following up from last week, China Okoroji bagged two assists today for Regensburg in their 3-0 home win vs 5th place Darmstadt 98. Both from corners kicks.

Lad now stands on 1 goal and 5 assists in 30 Bundesliga.2 games.

TheSuperNerd:
In Bundesliga 2 earlier today, Felix Agu played 90mins for Osnabruck while Chima Okoroji played 74 mins for Regensburg.

Game ended 2-2 between both sides with Osnabruck at home.

Felix Agu is primarily a fullback, LB/RB and rightfooted but played Right wing today.

Chima Okoroji is a left footed LB and played LB.

Agu has 6 assists from 23 bundesliga.2 games.

Okoroji has 1 goal, 3 assists from 29 bundesliga.2 games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

They are very different kind of strikers is my point, you hinted at the firmino trait that makes Osimhen one of the most sort after strikers and the first screenshot clearly shows that Osimhen doesn't just hang around the last defender but also tries to the ball in Midfield

That's not what I want you to notice. You claimed Firmino is all pass and no scoring and I showed you the heat map to see where Firmino gets majority of the ball compared to Osimhen.

Firmino almost never enters the box, except this season, while Osimhen is always in the box.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
PREACH!

safarigirl:

What is the point of this your argument?

You use 'We' when talking about the Super Eagles, but how many of their games have you gone for, even when it's in your backyard?

Is fandom by buying tickets and going to games? Someone is supporting a team from Nigeria, and you are asking if he has season tickets, does he live in England? How will he have season tickets?

The way you try to demean people sometimes, in your quest for whatever, is very disgusting.

He has as much right as anyone else to use WE for a team he supports. If Liverpool comes down to Nigeria and he has an opportunity to watch them, you think he won't? You think people in Nigeria that buy these club jerseys and spend their money to watch the games of these clubs do not have the right to use WE, when referring to clubs they support? Don't clubs make money from TV rights? Who do you think pays for these rights? Fans with season tickets?

What exactly are you getting at, by trying to ridicule his use of the term?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Please I think you mistake Felix Agu For Chima Okoroji.

Felix is still on 6 assists and will play again Sunday.

Okoroji's two assists today just got him up to Five assists for the league season in addition to his 1 goal.

As for Zaidu Sanusi being an upgrade on Collins, I don't know. Lad is fast and good going forward but has problems defending. He is a good ball crosser and create chances but his primary duty which is defending, he's not so great at it. Perhaps he will improve with time.
Okoroji looks decent and a little more balanced to me than Zaidu and can grow into that upgrade but time will tell.

As for Felix Agu, he is the versatile one.

dymusty86:
C. Okoroji with 2 assists for Jahn Regensburg today making it 8 assists so far. Very good for a wing back. I think okoroji and sanusi are an upgrade on Collins

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Post stats of players and see who is starting games, but here you are posting news stating aguero wanna leave city because he is being benched by jesus

If to say i get strenght go dey bring out stats like forgiveness, this argument go don end since

Smh

Hahahahahahahaha....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
waffiboi:

he is not academy player. he plays first team for PSV. Far better team than everton

Yes, you're right. PSV far better than Everton and Noni far better than Iwobi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

That's not what I want you to notice. You claimed Firmino is all pass and no scoring and I showed you the heat map to see where Firmino gets majority of the ball compared to Osimhen.

Firmino almost never enters the box, except this season, while Osimhen is always in the box.

I also said his passes and tackles are his stats and these tackles obviously in the Midfield, explains the heatmap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
It won't be funny. If Victor doesn't move, it will be because he made that decision not to move or the interested clubs just didn't meet Lille's valuation of the lad.

Besides, my personal preference is for Osimhen to stay one more season at Lille before making the jump to an Elite side. But it's still okay if he leaves now for a bigger side than Lille with assurance of playing time and maybe European football too but that's second to what I personally prefer for the lad.

In the end, the decision is Victor's and knowing how focused a lad he is and how tough and super his mentality is, I know whatever decision he makes after he's done burying his dad will be great for him.

Edopesin:

But las las it will be funny if he doesn't move from Lille after all these rumours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

First of all, Osimhen had no game where he recorded two assists, all his 4 assists are spread over 4 games.
Being a poacher doesn't mean you shouldn't have assists, it means you pass to your teammates.
Also being a poacher is not a bad thing, especially for young strikers. In fact all strikers start as poachers before advancing to more complete forwards.

Take nothing from Osimhen, he is the best striker in his age group, way better than Haaland, but all this opinions arose when someone compared him to Firmino.

You honestly rate Osimhen ahead of Haaland? That is an interesting take. Well I feel Haaland is better due to his all-round play and use of space. Especially his dashes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

ABOMINATION!

So you will pick Osimhen over Halland
You even said he is way better

bro you just disrespected Ragner

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
It won't be funny. If Victor doesn't move, it will be because he made that decision not to move or the interested clubs just didn't meet Lille's valuation of the lad.

Besides, my personal preference is for Osimhen to stay one more season at Lille before making the jump to an Elite side. But it's still okay if he leaves now for a bigger side than Lille with assurance of playing time and maybe European football too but that's second to what I personally prefer for the lad.

In the end, the decision is Victor's and knowing how focused a lad he is and how tough and super his mentality is, I know whatever decision he makes after he's done burying his dad will be great for him.

Most top teams that are rumoured to have expressed interest have top strikers that Osimhen might not start ahead of them including Napoli that seem to be closer than anyone with Mertens (If he doesn't move) and Millik

I would also prefer he stays one more season as he just arrived Lille and hasn't even played a full season yet. The best decision IMO is for him to stay

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

My opinion is the same as your, i want him to stay one more season.

Trust me thats the best thing to do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
sheyishemba:

rohr called Collins when he was in second German division same with ogu who play for isreali league same with okoye and uzoho who plays in 4 tier in Germany and Cyprus respectively
Rohr even called Felix agu from second division
Just like rohr said on channels it not bout the club but the quality of the player

Where is your sense of humor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Most top teams that are rumoured to have expressed interest have top strikers that Osimhen might not start ahead of them including Napoli that seem to be closer than anyone with Mertens (If he doesn't move) and Millik

I would also prefer he stays one more season as he just arrived Lille and hasn't even played a full season yet. The best decision IMO is for him to stay

Me i already said that to bench milik will be hard, not that he cant be benched, but milik is doing well for him self

Well as for me he should stay one more season at lille

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

Do you mean a TV fan or fan that comes to games, involved with the club as an official fan club member, occasional associated engagement with coaches and other staff, etc

Because "WE" is very ambiguous.

So he has to be a seasoned ticket holder or a stake holder as the case may be, for him not to be an inconsequential fan before you?

You are such a small man, if you were white, you probably would have been one hell of a skinhead.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
waffiboi:

Gernot Rohr should look at this prospect. Much better attacking midfielder than Iwobi. On the same level as ejaria. Will become a better AM than Ebere Eze in future.

Decent player, here. But the disrespect to Iwobi is too blatant.
Iwobi one of the most forward thinking player in the world.

Dude, this kid is not even better than Saka. When you talk of Nigerian wonderkids than can become world beaters you mention 'Karim Adeyemi'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

His comment really surprised me.

Maybe he can help me get a UK Visa so I can visit Anfield grin .
Seems like he has developed a penchant for showing off.. like he did with Chriskels the other day .

That boy is so bereft of senses. He came with all his shoulders so puffed up, I had him on his balls and made him pay for his stupidity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
waffiboi:

is not a bold statement. its a fact

Better than Iwobi, same level with Ejaria, will be better than Eze

Are you joking grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
waffiboi:

he is not academy player. he plays first team for PSV. Far better team than everton

You must be smoking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
First of all, Noni will need a switch and before that happens, we need to be sure he wants to turn out for us.

Secondly, lad is still young. 18 in fact and has only less than 200 Eredivisie minutes under his belt. His time will come but he needs to break through at PSV too.

Furthermore, he is more of a left footed right winger who can also play as an AM and even though this lad is on our scouting database, truth is finding another winger is not exactly a priority but if we get assurance of such quality lads willing to play for us after they must have been contacted or have reached out themselves, then fine, moves will be made to begin their switch.

Also, what lad is doing now at 18 majorly for PSV youth, Iwobi did same at same age for Arsenal U-21 and U-23 scoring goals and taking up a few assists along the way. At age 19, Iwobi got his first EPL goal and scored again the following match day still at 19.

I've been following Madueke and have even given him some good mentions on this thread many pages back. Did it during preseason before 2019/2020 season began even. No doubt the lad got real talent and is a baller but compared to Iwobi, Noni is still a learner. Iwobi is on a far higher level right now compared to Madueke and even Ejaria and the lad are not mates so he cannot be on same level with Ejaria. He isn't even better than Eze and Eze is 21 (would be 22 by June 29).

Could he be better than Ebere in future considering they have a four years difference? Well, time will tell. He does have the talent to rise but right now, dude is not on the level of an Iwobi, Ejaria and even Eze. He needs to prove himself in the Eredivisie. He is 18 but his mates like Mohammed Ihattaren who is also 18 is already making strong marks on the Eredivisie.

I like Noni and also feels he got real talent but this is some serious overhype. Let's be guided.

waffiboi:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

It's okay to applaud our players but don't overrate them .

See this nigga grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

You honestly rate Osimhen ahead of Haaland? That is an interesting take. Well I feel Haaland is better due to his all-round play and use of space. Especially his dashes.
Edopesin:

ABOMINATION!

So you will pick Osimhen over Halland
You even said he is way better

bro you just disrespected Ragner

Haaland is a phenomenal player, I agree, but he is overrated.

Let's check the stats...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Haaland's all round play is a bit overrated to me sha.

I prefer him to Osimhen because his combination of pace, power and lethal finishing excites me more. I like all rounders but strikers with those 3 attributes get me hyped up for no reason...i.e Batistuta, etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Firmino almost never enters the box, except this season, while Osimhen is always in the box .

Exactly, Firmino is an attacking midfielder on the pitch but a striker by name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I understand from inner sources that Osimhen to Napoli is very likely (if not already) done and dusted. Demanded assurance of a starting place put in his contract.
Napoli got a strong reference about Victor when they contacted Victor's former coach at Charleroi, Patrice Mazzu, and that further helps cements Victor's worth in the transfer game.

4million Euros annual salary excluding Bonuses.

Five years deal. 60million Euros transfer fee which easily makes him Nigeria's most expensive signing of all time.
(Truth is I see him breaking this again or any other transfer price a Nigerian could go for in future if all goes well, and I believe it will, for him at Naples when time comes to make the move to a true elite clubside).

This transfer to Napoli is my second preference for him this summer as I would have firstly preferred him staying one more season at Lille and going for an even higher price. But like I already said before, both choices are good enough. It's only that one is my first and the other my second in terms of preference. I wish Victor the very best in his continued walk up the ladder of club football.
Napoli will hopefully be a bigger step forward to the class of the Elite for Osimhen.

Dr 2 Know see how you disgrace yourself with your "inner sources" what a comedy .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Haaland is a phenomenal player, I agree, but he is overrated.

Let's check the stats...

Bro no check stats o grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8680) (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), KpagoGIN(m), waffiboi, elyte89, sojious, Timixion and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.