Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,395 members, 7,850,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11863889 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8684) (8685) (8686) (8687) (8688) (8689) (8690) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

e too easy na why our fellow Nigerians dey chop bench left and right there grin

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Speaking of Ehizibue, he is for now, recorded to be faster in the bundesliga than Davies who showed how much a "slowbie" Haaland is in the Dortmund vs Bayern game. Awwwwww grin grin Ndo ooo... Now scram. I'm done. Loooolll

Guy why are you slapping yourself with your facts grin Aren't you dizzy by now?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
The bolded is part of the exact signs of how you know you are talking to a Football ignoramus. Lol. grin

Edopesin:

haaland's goal ratio also surpasses that of Messi and Ronaldo at 19 cheesy

this is fact

You had to go and look for an Ancient offside crooner to prove your point with a modern striker but still shot yourself in the foot lmfao

Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Subzero047:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Yes bro

Why won’t he deliver at bvb?

He would

And he’s he is a good player

You all saw what jovic did with Frankfurt ,but same can’t be said of Madrid ,thou they aren’t giving him game time sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No compare Aguero playing for atm then with haaland okay

Laliga hard then

Nobody said haaland won’t deliver in the German league ,no Dey lie ok

Talents full Dortmund

ah ah
dem talk am o, they said he was overrated like they're saying now bro

Liverpool fans finish am

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/liverpool/liverpool-fans-discuss-erling-braut-haaland-after-champions-league-clash

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I am not "some people" thankfully and I have quite a sound knowledge of football in that era. So yeah, His stats matter even today.

I am one of those people. I don't take his stats too serious.

We don't agree, no bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Since I couldn't find competitive stats for Haaland, I decided to pitch Osimhen against the best young strikers in the world. Rashford has played more games on the wings and doesn't qualify.

Osimhen is the youngest of the six which are Mbappe, Lautaro Martinez, Gabriel Jesus, Timo Werner and Moussa Dembele. League stats only.

Goal contribution per minute ratio: Osimhen ranks 5th best in this aspect. Better than only Martinez. Werner is on another level here.

Importance to Team
Rating: How does the player rate among teammates?
Timo Werner and Osimhen are the only ones that are rated the best in their team, the rest have at least one player better than them.

Goal contribution Percentage: How much goal responsibility is the striker shouldering for his team?
Osimhen absolutely smashes it here. His team has scored just 35 goals and he has contributed 17, which is almost half of the team's goal. He is followed closely by Timo.

First goal: This is important because some players score when their team is leading, others score to equalize. But the opener/first goal in a match is very important because it determines where the momentum will fall.
Martinez has scored 8 openers in just 20 games, followed by Osimhen's 9 in 25,then Werner's 9 in 29.

Holding On To the Ball: How well does a player hold up the ball before opponent pounce. Osimhen is the 3rd hardest player to disposesss behind Werner and Mbappe.

MOTM Awards: This is important because some players rack up stats over poor performances. A player might be scoring but not playing well.
Osimhen ranks 3rd with 4 MOTM, behind Werner(10) and Mbappe(6)

Defensive Contribution - Pressure: How much times has the striker pressured opponents to make decisions. Osimhen is nightmare to defenders always keeping them on their toes with 439 presses, followed by Martinez (385) and Werner(380)

STRIKING ABILITIES
Finishing: How much of the player's shot troubles the keeper?
Osimhen is the worst of the six when it comes to finishing, more than half of his shots won't trouble GKs. Jesus, Werner & Mbappe are most accurate.

Expected Goals: How much goal has the striker scored compared to what his chances?
Werner turns stone to bread here. He is supposed to have scored 20 goals but has 25, followed by Dembele who turned 11 goals into 16. Jesus wasted 3.2 goals followed by Osimhen who threw 2 goals away.

Aerial Prowess: How much headers do they win?
Osimhen is almost two times better than the next player, Moussa Dembele.

Osimhen comes out 3rd in this stats even though he plays in an average team. Bring on the Haaland.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahaha... Is it my fault that Osimhen's top speed isn't known thanks to the media's one sided overhype over a white kid. I bet if Osimhen was white, we wouldn't be having this talk . Same Sky sports would have put out their idea of Osimhen's speed rating overtime but didn't bother. But thanks Goodness for EA Sports.

And sorry man... Nothing sound flies with you. EA Sports stats flies with people and bodies that matter in football so your quabblings don't matter at all. All you can do is talk. Lol. Doesn't change the simple fact that Osimhen is faster....85>>>>>82. Sorry kid.

Goodnight.

TheSuperNerd:

Speaking of Ehizibue, he is for now, RECORDED to be faster in the bundesliga than Davies
who showed how much a "slowbie" Haaland is in the Dortmund vs Bayern game. Awwwwww grin grin Ndo ooo... Now scram. I'm done. Loooolll

Look at this man embarrassing himself grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
The bolded is part of the exact signs of how you know you are talking to a Football ignoramus. Lol. grin

Try again bro cheesy
your insults going past me, I'm sure by now you will realize that I seldom give shallow jabs

As per argument, if you cannot prove me wrong then go and Sleep na

hehe

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
It's fine. I've met people who don't rate Pele at all, calling him a farmer who played against Farmers. Lol... So yeah, it's fine. The difference here is Information. wink

Utonwanne:

I am one of those people. I don't take his stats too serious.

We don't agree, no bad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

Dr 2 Know see how you disgrace yourself with your "inner sources" what a comedy .

You are too childish boy, was this dump really necessary?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Does it take a genius to know that The Bundesliga is not Sky sports? grin

Sky Sports and most media didn't bother talking up Osimhen's speed. But ohhh they took it on with Haaland.

There, I've helped your brain unclog that info making it rack so much. Loooolll. What a zero minded fellow. Hahahahahaha

Subzero047:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
Subzero047:

The guy needs to rest his brain, this argument is overworking it

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
I guess dropping a part of teenage Pele's stats in that much detail wasn't more than enough for your shallow mind. I know when I am talking to a Football ignoramus and you mister, are one. No hard feelings. It is just what it is. grin

Edopesin:

Try again bro cheesy
your insults going past me, I'm sure by now you will realize that I seldom give shallow jabs

As per argument, if you cannot prove me wrong then go and Sleep na

hehe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
Leave that one Chris. He's already been taken care of. Lol.

ChrisKels:

You are too childish boy, was this dump really necessary?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
elyte89:

grin oga it remains a bad analogy, it took u several hours to respond to my post thinking of what u right still u came up with nothing

So u expected a rohr to give osimhen a chance in d super eagles set up when he's still finding his feet in his career path @ chaleroi over already established players in super eagles set up with d likes of ighalo,nacho and co, .I maintain my stand when ighalo was playing for d national team,osimhen was not even in d picture let alone of comparing both

I could remember on dis thread den when we compare ighalo and nacho.....osimhen was never in d pictureI was in Iggy camp wyle some where in nachos camp even though both strikers where misfiring den smiley...so in a nutshell.. Ighalo retired,osimhen took over cool

Actually Rohr view was that Osimhen did not have the physicality to compete in the AFCON he was not in the picture at that time.

However, with the untimely and unexpected retirement of Ighalo Victor became number in the absence of any real competition, that may now change when not if , Ighalo returns.

But its all good for the SE competition does not decrease quality it increases it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen like costa ? I no gree

Costa is too rugged and troublesome Abeg

In the whole of league one there are more than 400 players, do you know that Osimhen has committed the 2nd most fouls? A striker with 59 fouls! And you speak of troublesome?

He is one of the most aggressive striker I have seen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I guess dropping a part of teenage Pele's stats in that much detail wasn't more than enough for your shallow mind. I know when I am talking to a Football ignoramus and you mister, are one. No hard feelings. It is just what it is. grin

Lols choose to believe what you want man but if you still avoid giving his goal ratio then you certainly chose the ignoramus hat from the store cheesy

Give me Goal ratio or go to sleep boy grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

He has not developed anything, he has always had it. He likes to throw his knowledge of the whole of England in our faces, while still assuming he knows Nigeria as well as we do.

That's how he is, he thinks he's better than others because he lives abroad and purportedly knows all the black players in England and their parents.

He is asking "are you a fan in the sense that you speak with club officials?" As if fans can just walk into Old Trafford and ask for Ed Woodward. I wish that clown emoji was on nairaland

That guy like I always say here is nothing but a wannabe who is here craving for cheap attention whilst mesmerizing the lowlifes who come here to massage his balls to feel alive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
It's fine. I've met people who don't rate Pele at all, calling him a farmer who played against Farmers. Lol... So yeah, it's fine. The difference here is Information. wink

Not Information.

PERCEPTION!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Just need to point out that Osimhen bears no resemblance to Costa at all. Costa is all brawn and not much brains. But Osimhen is power, technique, Speed, and explosiveness combined into one. He is similar in several manners to Drogba. Not Costa.

And Haaland is more similar to Zlatan. Not Lewandowski. Lewandowski could play SS and AM as a young forward. Haaland can not play AM. He strives more as target man kinda striker but he is more mobile than a traditional target man.

Haaland has no shot power compared to Zlatan.
If you mean height? Okay.
But shot power, shooting from distance, heading ability, strength, pace there is no comparison, man.
Haaland is not a target man, Dortmund never deploy strikers as target men.

For Osimhen to Drogba, I knew a lot of people would say this, but Osimhen's aggressiveness is off the chart and that tips him towards Costa. When he matures, sure thing he is a Drogba incarnate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
grin
Edopesin:

Where is your sense of humor
grin
Edopesin:

Where is your sense of humor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

So you will take Costa ahead of Lewandowski? funny shii

someone has 23 goal contributions in 16 appearances in the Bundesliga and you're looking for XP

Goals are not everything, man, a good player is more than goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
@bolded... Exactly my last words to you but the fact remains the fact.

Meanwhile it's funny. You asked for Pele's stats at 19 and I gave you his stats at 17, 18 and then 19 and all others all in one post.

Pele at 19 had those stats I dropped which showed the % of his team's goals he was directly responsible for. Won a world cup. And went on world tours with Santos taking on the best in Europe at the time.

You asked for Pele's stats at 19, I dropped it. You shifted to goals ratio just to prolong talk b'cos you got no substance whatsoever to offer and crowned it by saying Pele is an ancient offside crooner not even knowing that there was offside in Pele's time.

You don't know that "The offside rule" was introduced in 1925 (Pelé born in 1940) and actually inhibited attackers more until 1990, when FIFA changed the rule to mean that an attacker level with the 2nd last defender were onside. But previously they were judged to be offside.

I say again... And it is certified. You are a Football Ignoramus. I'm done with schooling your ass kiddo. Bye now. wink

P.S: For any other questions your ignorant mind has on Pele... Please reference this fine thread on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/SelecaoTalk/status/1251863371168788485?s=19

It was put together after much research and reference to some sites and the history books. Seek knowledge man and you won't be embarrassing yourself at every turn. Ciao.

Edopesin:

Lols choose to believe what you want man but if you still avoid giving his goal ratio then you certainly chose the ignoramus hat from the store cheesy

Give me Goal ratio or go to sleep boy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Does it take a genius to know that The Bundesliga is not Sky sports? grin

Sky Sports and most media didn't bother talking up Osimhen's speed. But ohhh they took it on with Haaland.

There, I've helped your brain unclog that info making it rack so much. Loooolll. What a zero minded fellow. Hahahahahaha

Oh Skysports are racist because they didn't show Osimhen's top speed, okay grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Haaland has no shot power compared to Zlatan
But shot power, shooting from distance, heading ability, strength, pace there is no comparison, man.

For Osimhen to Drogba, I knew a lot of people would say this, but Osimhen's aggressiveness is off the chart and that tips him towards Costa. When he matures, sure thing he is a Drogba incarnate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbcQSXCfk8

Watch from 3:10, how is that for shot power grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

ah ah
dem talk am o, they said he was overrated like they're saying now bro

Liverpool fans finish am

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/liverpool/liverpool-fans-discuss-erling-braut-haaland-after-champions-league-clash

Leave Liverpool fans

They might be pained he scored against them

Or am I wrong ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
@bolded... Exactly my last words to you but the fact remains the fact.

Meanwhile it's funny. You asked for Pele's stats at 19 and I gave you his stats at 17, 18 and then 19 and all others all in one post.

Pele at 19 had those stats I dropped which showed the % of his team's goals he was directly responsible for. Won a world cup. And went on world tours with Santos taking on the best in Europe at the time.

You asked for Pele's stats at 19, I dropped it. You shifted to goals ratio just to prolong talk b'cos you got no substance whatsoever to offer and crowned it by saying Pele is an ancient offside crooner not even knowing that there was offside in Pele's time.

You don't know that "The offside rule" was introduced in 1925 (Pelé born in 1940) and actually inhibited attackers more until 1990, when FIFA changed the rule to mean that an attacker level with the 2nd last defender were onside. But previously they were judged to be offside.

I say again... And it is certified. You are a Football Ignoramus. I'm done with schooling your ass kiddo. Bye now. wink

While writing this essay you didn't even bother add the goal ratio for Pele at 19 cheesy

The ignoramus hat fits you perfectly

Hold this bro cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

you can compare costa's aggressiveness to osihmen
but osihmen Is more discipline than Costa and still dey chill pass but Costa nah gangster he is the true definition of war he is a fight he is a liquid metal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Haaland's shot power is as good as Zlatan's. That one is not even meant to be up for debate. Heading ability, well he is still developing but he got the height for it. I already said his aerial prowess is not so great for now compared to Osimhen who is not as tall as Haaland.

And no, I didn't say Haaland is outrightly a target man. I said he is a targetman kinda striker but has the mobility not associated with traditional target men. Perhaps I should paraphrase. What I mean is this, Haaland is a striker that has got the traits of a target man but also got good enough speed to function as a poacher and mobile forward in that central role. He is also a sharpshooter with incredible shot power. His goal vs PSG is just a glimpse of how powerful his strikes can be. Even at the U-20 WC, a few of his 9 goals packed power in its execution.

On Osimhen, well I see your angle as regards Costa but fine that you also see the Drogba traits in the lad.

Funny enough, these two players (Zlatan and Drogba) are Haaland's and Osimhen's idols.

TheLoneCitizen:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Maybe you should help me process a visa to the UK...

I have no idea where you live, I had presumed that you lived in the UK or at least Europe, with your use of the word "WE" implying some level of acquaintance with Liverpool and or inside knowledge.

Not anymore, I had assumed at one stage TheGoodJoe was in Manchester with his love of Man city and quite extensive knowledge.

It seems my assumption about your residency may be wrong, but my view on Keita remains the same.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Leave Liverpool fans

They might be pained he scored against them

Or am I wrong ?

He scored
some claimed he is too slow

(1) (2) (3) ... (8684) (8685) (8686) (8687) (8688) (8689) (8690) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), etebefia, femianski, EEGA, kellycute(m), Jefersoun, Pidginwhisper, Odunayaw(m), Nomyth and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.