Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,494 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11856756 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) (8687) (8688) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Drop shots of Osimhen and compare. You overrate Haaland's speed very clearly. Davies gave us a fine idea of how fast Haaland is. grin And Davies is not even among the Top 5 Bundesliga fastest.

Also, EA Sports settles it and affirms Osimhen is faster than Haaland. Their stats for player attributes especially when it comes to physicality, speed and shooting are world renowned.

Not me. Dailymail. Either way, I think his tactical and technical attributes are high under appreciated.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
A snippet of an article about Osimhen, from 2 months ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

Haaland is CR7, not Messi. Even Haaland says he models his style to CR7, not Messi.

Make una no dey force Messi name everywhere. No be only "Messi as a natural striker" undecided

Does CR7 have haaland's pace? No

He is my Messi as a natural striker, this is my opinion and not a fact

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Haaland is overrated they said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Does CR7 have haaland's pace? No

He is my Messi as a natural striker, this is my opinion and not a fact

Ok.

Glad that the actual person has identified his own model.

Haaland is just an upgrade of CR7. He hits hard and fast, e no get time to dribble 50 people before he scores.

It's fine sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Haaland's top speed is 36km/hr yet he is not in the Top 5 bundesliga fastest of all time which has our own EHIZIBUE clocking in at 35.85 km/hr in third position abi. Na so.

Osimhen's speed vs Valencia was never even recorded but he was mentioned as clocking speed as if he were Usain bolt. His speed shows while in Belgium was never also taken into accounts but it is clear from reputable and trusted gamer stats franchises like EA Sports and Konami which are painstakingly accurate when it comes to player speed stats that Osimhen is faster than Haaland.

Osimhen's speed-shows overtime reveal he is the faster of the two. Haaland clocks 36km/hr yet Davies caught up with him so easily and Davies is also not in Bundesliga Top 5 fastest of all time. Sir Goodjoe... Fear God! grin

And I could also drop Statistical notes on Osimhen written by various sites but my point is clear. Osimhen commands the better all-round attributes. Both are excellent talents and I consider them to be at par. Haaland has his strengths but so does Osimhen and Pace is not an area Haaland edges over Osimhen.

Not running down Osimhen in anyway. We already know the tactical attributes of Osimhen even from his U17 days. Same with his pace and technique. I am just pointing out that some of Haaland's attributes are unappreciated.

Also even Werner has pulled off speed close to bolt. However, guys like him are appreciated as pacy players but Haaland does not get that rep regularly. Also his work rate sometimes go under the radar but that is a big part of why he finds himself in space to score.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

When I said stats, I meant detailed stats like 'Shots per goal' 'XG' 'Big chances missed'. No one covers Austria.

I have seen Haaland play and boy is fast. But Osimhen is something else.

Haaland is like Lewandoski. Osimhen is like Diego Costa.

Osimhen like costa ? I no gree

Costa is too rugged and troublesome Abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:
Haaland is overrated they said

To be fair, I feel Osimhen will pull off similar numbers to Haaland if he was at Dortmund, due to their style of play and creative players. However, I do not think he will do better. I rate Haaland higher but it is a preference. I have a soft spot for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

Welcome to the thread. It is clear from this post, that you have not been with us all this time.

TheSuperNerd will show you around, Joebie will help you with some drinks, don't mess with Andrew, and Yarayara is moving about with a harmful weapon, so, please, avoid him as well.

Once again, welcome to the thread, my brother.

Lol

Ahh safari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
I don't care what Daily mail said. The fact remains he is not even in Bundesliga Top 5 fastest which shows even EHIZIBUE at 35.85km/hr is faster than him. This makes the 36km/hr very very debatable.

Thanks goodness for renowned stats game franchises like EA Sports and Konami. Osimhen's base card shows a pace of 85 and Haaland's based card show a pace of 82.

Osimhen is faster and have shown this overtime. I won't take an overhyped report over proper stats collectors like Bundesliga Stats and EA Sports stats well renowned the world over. EA Sports stats are also used to determine the world's strongest and most physical footballers b'cos those stats are not made up. They are all well measured and documented.

I repeat, Haaland's pace is overrated. He is fast but not as fast as hyped.

TheGoodJoe:

Not me. Dailymail. Either way, I think his tactical and technical attributes are high under appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

I'm crying

Haaland is Messi as a natural striker
He is a joy to watch

Audio Messi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thank you for this Safari.

As if we no dey watch ball again. Imagine someone trying to limit Osimhen's touches in the final third only to "within the box". Osimhen is always on the move and uses the space outwide and in the center to get up and down the final third. Lad touches the ball and gets involved on the ball across the final third yet,like the article said, he doesn't even need to be so heavily involved to prove lethal. That's part of the unpredictability of Victor.

safarigirl:
A snippet of an article about Osimhen, from 2 months ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I don't care what Daily mail said. The fact remains he is not even in Bundesliga Top 5 fastest which shows even EHIZIBUE at 35.85km/hr is faster than him. This makes the 36km/hr very very debatable.

Thanks goodness for renowned stats game franchises like EA Sports and Konami. Osimhen's base card shows a pace of 85 and Haaland's based card show a pace of 82.

Osimhen is faster and have shown this overtime. I won't take an overhyped report over proper stats collectors like Bundesliga Stats and EA Sports stats well renowned the world over. EA Sports stats are also used to determine the world's strongest and most physical footballers b'cos those stats are not made up. They are all well measured and documented.

I repeat, Haaland's pace is overrated. He is fast but not as fast as hyped.

Sky Sports Austria report that the Man United-linked goalscorer reached the speed of 36 km/h in the last fixture of the local league. Not too shabby for a 1,94 m striker.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/manutd/en/news/2020-03-06-erling-haaland-comes-close-to-alltime-speed-records-who-says-tall-strikers-cant-run/

He pulled it off when he was at Salzburg.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

To be fair, I feel Osimhen will pull off similar numbers to Haaland if he was at Dortmund, due to their style of play and creative players. However, I do not think he will do better. I rate Haaland higher but it is a preference. I have a soft spot for him.

I don't don't know any established striker that did better than haaland at age 19, he deserves all the hype he is getting

Osimhen is prolly the best at his age currently but better player pass better player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Just need to point out that Osimhen bears no resemblance to Costa at all. Costa is all brawn and not much brains. But Osimhen is power, technique, Speed, and explosiveness combined into one. He is similar in several manners to Drogba. Not Costa.

And Haaland is more similar to Zlatan. Not Lewandowski. Lewandowski could play SS and AM as a young forward. Haaland can not play AM. He strives more as target man kinda striker but he is more mobile than a traditional target man.

TheLoneCitizen:

When I said stats, I meant detailed stats like 'Shots per goal' 'XG' 'Big chances missed'. No one covers Austria.

I have seen Haaland play and boy is fast. But Osimhen is something else.

Haaland is like Lewandoski. Osimhen is like Diego Costa.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Audio Messi grin

grin

No homo but my love for that guy ehn

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Congratulations but it doesn't change anything. EA Sports also recorded his pace stat at RB Salzburg. His RB Salzburg base card for pace was 81. Now at Dortmund it is 82.

Osimhen's base card at Lille for pace is 85. That says it all. Osimhen is clearly faster.

EA Sports stats (World renowned) >>>>>>> Media talk.

TheGoodJoe:

Sky Sports Austria report that the Man United-linked goalscorer reached the speed of 36 km/h in the last fixture of the local league. Not too shabby for a 1,94 m striker.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/manutd/en/news/2020-03-06-erling-haaland-comes-close-to-alltime-speed-records-who-says-tall-strikers-cant-run/

He pulled it off when he was at Salzburg.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Just need to point out that Osimhen bears no resemblance to Costa at all. Costa is all brawn and not much brains. But Osimhen is power, technique, Speed, and explosiveness combined into one. He is similar in several manners to Drogba. Not Costa.

And Haaland is more similar to Zlatan. Not Lewandowski. Lewandowski could play SS and AM as a young forward. Haaland can not play AM. He strives more as target man kinda striker but he is more mobile than a traditional target man.

Lol baba say costa no get much brains ,maybe na the fear factor make am be who him be

Agreed about the zlatan part ,they can only play as CF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Haaland is a target man albeit a very fast one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Congratulations but it doesn't change anything. EA Sports also recorded his pace stat at RB Salzburg. His RB Salzburg base card for pace was 81. Now at Dortmund it is 82.

Osimhen's base card at Lille for pace is 85. That says it all. Osimhen is clearly faster.

What I think EA Sport worked on is average speed. While I pointed on top speed achieved. Yes, Osimhen is a speed weapon but Haaland is also devastatingly fast.

Another clip shots.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

Ok.

Glad that the actual person has identified his own model.

Haaland is just an upgrade of CR7. He hits hard and fast, e no get time to dribble 50 people before he scores.

It's fine sha.

Well Zlatan is his Idol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

I don't don't know any established striker that did better than haaland at age 19, he deserves all the hype he is getting

Osimhen is prolly the best at his age currently but better player pass better player

Pele wasn't an out and out striker sef but he did more than this at age 19.

But talking of actual strikers... Ronaldo De Lima laughs in Portuguese. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Herbiedeen(m): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

is this a joke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
safarigirl:

What is the point of this your argument?

You use 'We' when talking about the Super Eagles, but how many of their games have you gone for, even when it's in your backyard?

Is fandom by buying tickets and going to games? Someone is supporting a team from Nigeria, and you are asking if he has season tickets, does he live in England? How will he have season tickets?

The way you try to demean people sometimes, in your quest for whatever, is very disgusting.

He has as much right as anyone else to use WE for a team he supports. If Liverpool comes down to Nigeria and he has an opportunity to watch them, you think he won't? You think people in Nigeria that buy these club jerseys and spend their money to watch the games of these clubs do not have the right to use WE, when referring to clubs they support? Don't clubs make money from TV rights? Who do you think pays for these rights? Fans with season tickets?

What exactly are you getting at, by trying to ridicule his use of the term?

Agreed without reservation grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Haaland pulled it off again in the Champions league against PSG. Guy is a beast.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Mbappe nko ?

Wayne ajibade Rooney ?

Sergio obinna Aguero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Bia Oga Goodjoe... Be fair and drop clip shots of Osimhen's speed showings too naa. You are talking Haaland/Osimhen in pace and you seem to be only analysing Haaland in clip shots. In short, drop the one showing his Sprint combined with the technique to bring down that long ball with his chest while on the run for his first Ligue 1 goal. Also the one where he ran from behind and outpaced two Valencia defenders near the centre circle area for his goal at the Mestalla.

And nothing like think... EA Sports dropped "accurately" his pace level. And the pace levels show Osimhen is surely faster.

As for Top speed, it is still debatable b'cos no one bothered to speed-check Osimhen's speed showcase in the UCL vs Valencia nor his speed adventures in Belgium. But EA Sports dropping 85 on Osimhen shows the lad could have even attained higher top speeds across several games compared to Haaland.

TheGoodJoe:

What I think EA Sport worked on is average speed. While I pointed on top speed achieved. Yes, Osimhen is a speed weapon but Haaland is also devastatingly fast.

Another clip shots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Mbappe nko ?
Wayne ajibade Rooney ?
Sergio obinna Aguero
What's all this na grin
Rooney facial features fit Taju or Sikiru sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
All this media over-hype is one sided. No one even bothered to clock Osimhen's wicked speed showing vs Valencia.

But thank God for EA Sports. Haaland's pace is 82. Osimhen's pace is 85. That shows unbiasedly and accurately their pace level. Haaland is a beast, yes...Osimhen is also a beast.
Haaland is fast but Osimhen is simply faster. Chikena.

Haaland is fast yet Alphonso Davies whose speed is not even yet in Bundesliga's top 5 fastest easily caught up with him from several meters behind and stole the ball like he wasn't even there. Please let's go easy on this hype. grin

TheGoodJoe:

Haaland pulled it off again in the Champions league against PSG. Guy is a beast.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Pele wasn't an out and out striker sef but he did more than this at age 19.
But talking of actual strikers... Ronaldo De Lima laughs in Portuguese. grin

Abeg bring pele's stat at 19 cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Mbappe nko ?

Wayne ajibade Rooney ?

Sergio obinna Aguero

As in eh Andy. Suddenly amnesia has taken over some that they forget strikers who really killed it even before age 20.

Loooll... Mbappe KOLAWOLE Lottin.

Sergio fit be like a Calabar or Ibom man. grin He should be Sergio Akpan Aguero.

Wayne fit be Wayne "Isi ewu" Rooney. grin

Lol... You are doing well. grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Mbappe nko ?
Wayne ajibade Rooney ?
Sergio obinna Aguero
Haaland has better goal ratio than them cheesy
go check

(1) (2) (3) ... (8682) (8683) (8684) (8685) (8686) (8687) (8688) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, 123jamessmith, TheGoodJoe(m), Christinu2, humility33(m), vivlyviv, Lawag3, Meliforme, gbengaolu360, Suzzytee05(f) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.