Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,693 members, 7,844,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11828079 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) (9011) (9012) ... (16233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

When I was at the arguement i disagree to that

If dem call Jesus grade A striker then wetin make we call Suárez lewandowski cavani benzema Aguero ?

Coz the likes of Suarez belongs to grade A strikers doesnt mean gabby shouldn't be in the list he has over achieved considering his age ....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
Joebie:
What do you expect? The day K. Nwakali gets a 8.0 rating what will be he tagged if he is already considered among the elite midfielders? Even several adjectives have been used for the way he passes the ball etc. Maybe someday he will be praised for the way he strolls into the pitch when he is subbed in. Wetin we never see for here?

Forget whatever grievances you may have against anybody, if any. Be honest, did anyone here call K Nwakali an elite midfielder? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Is he faster or stronger or more clinical? What does Jesus offer to the Man city team?

The guy's name plays better football than he does

What is faster in terms of poaching goal

Osimhen is even faster and stronger than Luis Suarez and benzema does that make him a better striker than them ?

You cannot just come and say a striker who scored 13 goals in the French is better than someone who is proven in the epl and most of his goals are even crucial to his team winning the epl

If osimhen does well in the seria A and get goals like 14 15 upward for 2 seasons then I will consider him being better than Jesus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Is gabby a grade B striker he is the number for one of the best footballing nation in the world he has been glorious in big competition mention them champion league , premier league and even in the international scene for Brazil .... I hardly find an african player that can start for Brazil national team he has achieved many feat that most of the so world class players have not achieved when they were young give respect to whom it deserved ...he has given aguero the fiercest competition in his entire career ...he has been really generally consistent and am damn sure if Jesus is a Nigeria many of you will having been tipping him for baloon Dior
And no disrespect to osihmen he was fantastic in Belgium awesome in france Now he is going Napoli osimhen has not achieved 1/10 of what Jesus has achieved how many has goals osi scored in champion league, he is still a prospect and a prodigy I actually rate as a grade b striker with the likes of haaland , Tammy greenwood and Martinez and other young strikers making it big at the top 5 competitions in europe

@bolded

Are you fvcking serious?

Bro do you type out of your azz or what?

What the actual fvck?

So salah, aubemeyang, mane, koulibali, partey or ndidi can't start in Brazil's squad?

The sort of nonsense you guys type here shaa

You think aubemeyang won't bench his azs in or what?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Coz the likes of Suarez belongs to grade A strikers doesnt mean gabby shouldn't be in the list he has over achieved considering his age ....

Gabby is not even half their level

Put Gabriel Jesus behind grade A

It’s an insult to those world beaters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Actually in the actual world you must street hoodlums or hooligan considering the jargons that comes from your mouth
Coz firmino is a bouncer ode oponu oshiiii

But those are typical gutter languages of street urchins, and hooligans. Since you the one exhibiting it here, then, don't you think it is already obvious who the hoodlum is? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
What is grievance? Prove I have a grievance with anyone here. Just one moniker.

modified
Saying his stats is typical of an elite midfielder suggests so.

ChrisKels:

Forget whatever grievances you may have against anybody, if any. Be honest, did anyone here call K Nwakali an elite midfielder? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

@bolded

Bro do you type out of your azz or what?

What the actual fvck?

So salah, aubemeyang, mane, koulibali, partey or ndidi can't start in Brazil's squad?

The sort of nonsense you guys type here shaa

Ndidi start in Brazil while playing for Leicester ?

You must be kidding me ,maybe casemerio is a basketballer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Maybe I am wrong ,but I just feel pep doesn’t like black player

If you are a black player then you must be so good to convince pep ,maybe you must be world class ,Eg yaya toure,seydou Keita

Why did pep not give nacho a chance ? He rather went to purchase Jesus from Brazil

Nacho will be a better player than Gabriel Jesus if pep believed in him

Una don start again....

For what we have seen, Gabriel is better than Nacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
i swear of late you hv been very annoying
ChrisKels:

Hahahaha Emeka nwanne m nwoke, I honestly can't tell why I find it really hard to have a go at you, mana nsogbu adighi grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
Joebie:
What is grievance? Prove I have a grievance with anyone here. Just one moniker.

modified
Saying his stats is typical of an elite midfielder suggests so.

Did you see "if any" at the end of the statement? Well that is a different story.

Now, tell me, how does it suggest so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

What is faster in terms of poaching goal

Osimhen is even faster and stronger than Luis Suarez and benzema does that make him a better striker than them ?

You cannot just come and say a striker who scored 13 goals in the French is better than someone who is proven in the epl and most of his goals are even crucial to his team winning the epl

If osimhen does well in the seria A and get goals like 14 15 upward for 2 seasons then I will consider him being better than Jesus

Does Gabriel Jesus show up in top matches or does he stat pad against relegation teams or lower league teams? He is no different to Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Joebie:
Everything still culminates at the AFCON and WC. That's the main reason why we are here. The results will speak for the quality we have.

I already have a mental note on it, we've seen people downplay promising youngsters like Haaland, Vinicius, Tammy, Felix, Calvert and now Jesus just to prove points lmao

Comedy Central

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
I'm saying with all the praise singing, we want to see that translate to performance when it matters most. And we are most concerned about our national teams. If it were club football alone I won't even be on this thread. There are several threads with football club fans on them. Consider the title of this thread. If Zaidu for example is the best LB, let him bring that to the NT.

andrewbaba44:

How do you mean by this statement ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Even this season there has been rotation between the duo you cant say Gabriel is a bench warmer and likewise you can't say aguero is a starter

Aguero is the undisputed starter and since his injury Man City have lost three of their last 9 matches that shows you the drop in quality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
For WC everybody go show face, although I know most here are concerned more about bragging rights in Africa.
Edopesin:

I already have a mental note on it, we've seen people downplay promising youngsters like Haaland, Vinicius, Tammy, Felix, Calvert and now Jesus just to prove points lmao

Comedy Central

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
Utonwanne:

Una don start again....

For what we have seen, Gabriel is better than Nacho

I did not say nacho is better than Jesus

I said if pep had believed in nacho then I think he be the better striker bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
charlesemeka85:
concentrate on your dick sucking job. slowpoke!

Nwokem

Wetin dae happen naa....

Person no fit give him opinion ? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
charlesemeka85:
i swear of late you hv been very annoying

I no annoying pass you, but I just dey bear am. Guy we must not always agree, thats something you ought to understand. Seriously, the way you just dey rain abuses on me just dey make me SMH. Man let go off the bitterness, bants are what they are. Kwusi iwu onwe gi n'ala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Does Gabriel Jesus show up in top matches or does he stat pad against relegation teams or lower league teams? He is no different to Iheanacho

Well me I have said mine

I am sure if you are from Ivory Coast you would have rated Nicolas pepe ahead of sterling mane and co

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Atlanta, Real Madrid, Everton, Leicester and Crystal palace are not relegation teams

Gabriel Jesus is what Iheanacho might be with a little bit of effort

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Utonwanne:

Nwokem

Wetin dae happen naa....

Person no fit give him opinion ? grin grin

Nna nekwa m nsogbu oo undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
2lola:
I just read somewhere now that China will have the broadcasting right of NPFL with a worth of 200million dollars( highest in Africa).
How true is this someone should confirm

this is quite a new but a screenshot would do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
First, let me ask you what is the meaning of elite?

ChrisKels:

Did you see "if any" at the end of the statement? Well that is a different story.

Now, tell me, how does it suggest so?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

In short gabby is better osihmen abegi no start anoda nacho is better mbappe here ohhh
Gabby is currently having a fierce competition with aguero ...Gabby now start, leaving aguero on the bench sometimes the difference is clear even gabby is rated more than firmino in Brazil abegi the class is different gabby is a Grade A striker set awon lewandoski but osihmen is a prospect in Grade B striker set awon greenwood and co.

I don't agree with you sir.

Jesus is not Grade A, Greenwood is not same set with Victor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol was there a time we even have 10 players in the whole of seria A ? Let alone players in top clubs

1. Obiora Nwankwo

2. Stephen Ayodele Makinwa

3. Obafemi Martins

4. Odion Ighalo

5. Christian Obodo

6. Victor Obinna Nsofor

7. Daniel Adejo

8. Ikechukwu Kalu

9. Joel Obi

10. Michael Odibe

E.t.c

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
isan:
Super eagles strikers power ranking

Osimhen
Simmy nwako
Dessers
Iheanacho
Nwakeme
Sadiq
Onuacchu

Who is Simmy Nwankwor?

Oga remove Simmy from the List

And what is Onuachu doing in the list?

They are Nigerian doesn't make them SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Edopesin:

Atlanta, Real Madrid, Everton, Leicester and Crystal palace are not relegation teams

Gabriel Jesus is what Iheanacho might be with a little bit of effort

Iheanacho scored against Roma, Tottenham, Man U,Chelsea, in Man city you will get multiple chances to score against top teams and Jesus is ghosting in those matches

Jesus is not a top player as you think he is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
quickberry:

1. Obiora Nwankwo

2. Stephen Ayodele Makinwa

3. Obafemi Martins

4. Odion Ighalo

5. Christian Obodo

6. Victor Obinna Nsofor

7. Daniel Adejo

8. Ikechukwu Kalu

9. Joel Obi

10. Michael Odibe

E.t.c

Which of these ones played for a top club at the same time ?

The ones on top clubs where not regulars self

Obafemi Martins is the only regular player there ,then I will manage Joel obi

None of the rest played for top clubs and they where not even playing at the same period
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Well me I have said mine

I am sure if you are from Ivory Coast you would have rated Nicolas pepe ahead of sterling mane and co

Why would I do that? I watch ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Ndidi start in Brazil while playing for Leicester ?

You must be kidding me ,maybe casemerio is a basketballer

Same Brazil called up Wesley and Douglas Luiz in Aston Villa. Same Brazil called up Andreas Periera of Man Utd while he was in Valencia.

With Performance like this season Ndidi will definitely make Brazil squad, might not start tho

Brazil do not have the quality of players like they use to posses before.

BTW if Ndidi was a Brazilian with his performance at Leicester City, do you think he will still be at Leicester??

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Iheanacho scored against Roma, Tottenham, Man U,Chelsea, in Man city you will get multiple chances to score against top teams and Jesus is ghosting in those matches

Jesus is not a top player as you think he is

I thought you said he doesn't score against top teams? I only gave instances of this season while Iheanacho's instances are probably in the space of well, his career

Jesus is a top player and comparing him Osimhen might be a little bit better though I know you won't change your mind, I'd advise you watch Jesus play more frequently

(1) (2) (3) ... (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) (9011) (9012) ... (16233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, superbloke(m), Marjoribanks, geonyte(m), foxman04, Yachambliss(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.