Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,580 members, 7,854,486 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11893178 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) ... (16280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

He plays in a poor league, and is rated the same as Etebo, Semi Ajayi, Dessers and Ejuke. Must be some talent.

I've seen his clips, He is good and a transfer of 10m or around that will put him in the spotlight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2020
TBT

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Yes o, we might not be many but we exist
Last season I saw all Bendel insurance home matches and the complex was always packed with fans

It's just too bad that the league is retrogressing

The "there are no fans" excuse is so wrong

We exist

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2020
Kai havertz vs Joe Aribo today
Rangers lost 3-1 at home
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:
Kai havertz vs Joe Aribo today

Rangers lost 3-1 at home

Thought rangers won the first leg 3-2?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Thought rangers won the first leg 3-2?
No they lost 3-1, Aribo was substituted after 54mins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

No they lost 3-1, Aribo was substituted after 54mins
u mean the 2nd leg was played yesterday?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
charlesemeka85:
u mean the 2nd leg was played yesterday?

I was talking about the first leg, the second leg is 6pm today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Head coach Imama confident of Lifting Abia Warriors

August 06

Abia Warriors head coach Imama Amakapabo has stated that if things go the right way with the right resources, he will deliver as expected.

In a chat with brila, he expressed confidence in his aspirations to the club but warned that it won’t be accomplished without hard work and also the the idealism between himself and the management.
“Everybody dreams, it would be folly of myself and the management if we have this pact and we don’t aspire, but a lot of work had to be done and let’s not forget that this team had been able to sustain herself and they are one of those teams that have not gone to relegation after coming to the apex league.
However, they have been a mid-table team but with the harmony and unification of working with the management we will be able to go to the top, “he said.

Source: Abiawarriorsfc

Trophy repellant

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Rohr now concentrating on Josh Onomah since Ebere Eze's switch is taking time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - August 6

Belarussian Premier League

Umar Mohammed Bala (FK Slutsk) vs Belshina - Away game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Elohor Godswill Ekpolo (BK Hacken) vs IFK Norrkoping - Home game.

Ishaq Abdulrazak (IFK Norrkoping) vs BK Hacken - Away game.

Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) vs Ostersunds FK - Home game.

Moses Ogbu (AIF Mjallby) vs Sirius - Home game.

Uefa Europa league - Round of 16 2nd leg

Joe Aribo (Glasgow Rangers) vs Bayer Leverkusen - Away game.
(Leverkusen leads 3-1 on Aggr.)

**Leon Balogun and Calvin Bassey Ughelumba are not expected to feature as they were signed for the 2020/21 season.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
There is actually nothing like Ebere Eze's switch ongoing b'cos the lad hasn't even picked up the switch form. Rejected the chance to play for Nigeria against Brazil last year only to feature for England U-21 and get cap-tied.

Onomah is likely to begin his switch before Eze and thus may walk into the team before Eze even has a chance.
With Ejaria already close to being bagged, Onomah likely to follow and Iwobi still available, we are stacked in the #10 role. I don't think Eze may get a chance with us again unless he backtracks soon enough.

And I will say it again. We can bag Michael Olise now. Lad is as free as a bird and at 18, I already consider him a very fine prospect with huge potentials. I understand Rohr is on him shaa. Time will tell.

solonnachi:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
There is actually nothing like Ebere Eze's switch ongoing b'cos the lad hasn't even picked up the switch form. Rejected the chance to play for Nigeria against Brazil last year only to feature for England U-21 and get cap-tied.

Onomah is likely to begin his switch before Eze and thus may walk into the team before Eze even has a chance.
With Ejaria already close to being bagged, Onomah likely to follow and Iwobi still available, we are stacked in the #10 role. I don't think Eze may get a chance with us again unless he backtracks soon enough.

And I will say it again. We can bag Michael Olise now. Lad is as free as a bird and at 18, I already consider him a very fine prospect with huge potentials. I understand Rohr is on him shaa. Time will tell.

Bro u mean Rohr is monitoring olise? I pray we get the kid cus he is super talented

I still hv strong believe that eze will turn out for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Benfica has signed a new rightback in addition to 19yrs old, Tiago Tavares and first choice 29yrs old, Andre Almeida.

Time for Tyrone Ebuehi to say goodbye to Benfica.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Benfica has signed a new rightback in addition to 19yrs old, Tiago Tavares and first choice 29yrs old, Andre Almeida.

Time for Tyrone Ebuehi to say goodbye to Benfica.

He shud go bck to the eirdevisie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Yes. Rohr is aware of the lad.

As for Eze, it's not looking nice for now. With Ejaria coming in and Onomah to likely follow (once his switch process begins), I don't know if we would be so keen on Eze anymore. It's up to the lad now to reach out to us and assure us he has finally decided to play for us. Pinnick says after first contact is made with a player from now on, and we get a neutral reply, then it is the player that must reach out and indicate interest. Things are changing but time will tell.

charlesemeka85:

Bro u mean Rohr is monitoring olise? I pray we get the kid cus he is super talented

I still hv strong believe that eze will turn out for us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
The Super Eagles have been ranked among the 100 Most Valuable National Teams in the world with the Nigerian senior national side also making the top 20 list, Completesports.com reports.

According to Transfermarkt, the Gernot Rohr-led side is the second most valuable team on the continent of Africa with a valuation in the region of €216.65 million.

Nigeria’s Super Eagles currently occupy the 19th position in the world and second in Africa just behind fellow West African nation, Senegal with a monetary valuation of €319.78m.

The Three Lions of England are rated as the Most Valuable National Team in the world with a staggering monetary valuation of €1.12 billion ahead of second-placed France.

Brazil are third on €913.60m, Spain is fourth with a valuation of €735.40m while Germany, Belgium, Italy, Argentina, Portugal and the Netherlands are in the top ten.

Leicester City and Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi is currently Nigeria’s most valuable player after his market value increased by as much as €9million, from €36m to €45m.

He has 120 Premier League games under his belts across four seasons, scoring six goals. He finished second both as EPL’s top tackler and best interceptions this season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. Rohr is aware of the lad.

As for Eze, it's not looking nice for now. With Ejaria coming in and Onomah to likely follow (once his switch process begins), I don't know if we would be so keen on Eze anymore. It's up to the lad now to reach out to us and assure us he has finally decided to play for us. Pinnick says after first contact is made with a player from now on, and we get a neutral reply, then it is the player that must reach out and indicate interest. Things are changing but time will tell.

I pity that eze boi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Super Eagles’ captain, Ahmed Musa has told Saudi Arabia outfit, Al Nassr that he wants to return to the English Premier League, following interest from an unnamed team.

Nigeria media news, take with a pinch of salt grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

And I will say it again. We can bag Michael Olise now. Lad is as free as a bird and at 18, I already consider him a very fine prospect with huge potentials. [/b]I understand Rohr is on him[b] shaa. Time will tell.

Thank God I pray the lad move to either Celtic or leed and make his senior Debut before france and England shook eye for hin matter.
Ejaria is not AMF but CMF onomah Is a natural AMF and will be in fierce competition with iwobi with that the AMF prob will be solved.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

But The Supernerd, Eze is feeling too pompous to play for Nigeria. Something tells me he will behave like VicMo even when he chooses to eventually play for Nigeria. No wonder Rohr is not too keen about him.

I must confess that Rohr is really trying. Keeping tabs on all these foreign born is not really easy. He really means well for Nigeria. Every role has become very competitive. He is not satisfied with his options. Still gunning for more stars. How I wish he can do the same for our league when it resumes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
charlesemeka85:

The Super Eagles have been ranked among the 100 Most Valuable National Teams in the world with the Nigerian senior national side also making the top 20 list, Completesports.com reports.

According to Transfermarkt, the Gernot Rohr-led side is the second most valuable team on the continent of Africa with a valuation in the region of €216.65 million.

Nigeria’s Super Eagles currently occupy the 19th position in the world and second in Africa just behind fellow West African nation, Senegal with a monetary valuation of €319.78m.

The Three Lions of England are rated as the Most Valuable National Team in the world with a staggering monetary valuation of €1.12 billion ahead of second-placed France.

Brazil are third on €913.60m, Spain is fourth with a valuation of €735.40m while Germany, Belgium, Italy, Argentina, Portugal and the Netherlands are in the top ten.

Leicester City and Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi is currently Nigeria’s most valuable player after his market value increased by as much as €9million, from €36m to €45m.

He has 120 Premier League games under his belts across four seasons, scoring six goals. He finished second both as EPL’s top tackler and best interceptions this season

Really impressive

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
You are only repeating what I said in paraphrase. That's why I said Eze is not close at all. He rejected the chance to turn out for us only to choose the England U-21s. He made his choice and is now cap-tied. It's up to him now. Nigeria won't approach him again. Rohr has his eyes on others now.

Yeah, Rohr is trying in this regard. For the league, I hope his assistants can help out. Rohr cannot do everything. There are too many abroad alone to monitor.

solonnachi:

But The Supernerd, Eze is feeling too pompous to play for Nigeria. Something tells me he will behave like VicMo even when he chooses to eventually play for Nigeria. No wonder Rohr is not too keen about him.

I must confess that Rohr is really trying. Keeping tabs on all these foreign born is not really easy. He really means well for Nigeria. Every role has become very competitive. He is not satisfied with his options. Still gunning for more stars. How I wish he can do the same for our league when it resumes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Nothing to pity about him. He may yet turn out for them or make the Euros squad. Who knows? And if he doesn't, he has to live with it.

He made his choice and we can only respect it. If he backtracks and reaches out to us soon enough, then fine. But as things stand, Rohr has his eyes on others he believes are willing.

charlesemeka85:

I pity that eze boi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is exactly the power of having your players feature prominently in the Big leagues and seeing their market values rise with impressive showings in those big leagues. Ndidi and Osimhen are testament to this and are two of the biggest reasons we cracked that Top 20. Their market values skyrocketed recently. And I expect Chukwueze's market value to rise in due time as with a host of others.
Good for the players and good for the national team. We are getting there in terms of all round national team quality.

charlesemeka85:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
solonnachi:

Do you really think that player selection and appraisal rests solely and entirely with Rohr.

In case that's what you think, you are in the dark.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ejaria can play both CM and AM comfortably. A few times for Reading in the 2019/2020 season, he played behind the striker as the #10. His through ball passes are sumptuous and he recorded close to most throughball assists for Reading in the Championship. He can also play LM. Did so for Reading on a number of occasions especially when Olise started seeing more gametime.

Ejaria will provide cover both for the CM and AM positions. Onomah, should his switch begin will be coming in mainly as another AM option. There is Iwobi amd another long shot is Iheanacho who as SS can play decoy AM occupying that hole between the lines of the Opponent's DM and the Opponents' CBs. Nacho is more direct though and different from the others as AM options (the others are more natural AM players) so he will likely serve in a two man attack (3-5-2/4-4-2) or even a 4-4-1-1 (variants of 4-4-2/4-2-3-1).

As for Olise, yep. He is indeed on Rohr's radar now. We wait.

sheyishemba:

Thank God I pray the lad move to either Celtic or leed and make his senior Debut before france and England shook eye for hin matter.
Ejaria is not AMF but CMF onomah Is a natural AMF and will be in fierce competition with iwobi with that the AMF prob will be solved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Super Eagles’ captain, Ahmed Musa has told Saudi Arabia outfit, Al Nassr that he wants to return to the English Premier League, following interest from an unnamed team.

Nigeria media news, take with a pinch of salt grin

Don't doubt it...
His failed stint at Leicester notwithstanding,I believe Musa still has a good reputation in Europe... with his performance in Russia and at the world cup,he can still bag a move to a decent league in Europe if he wishes to return...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

That's why I don't lose sleep over foreign born because I don't need the heartache. Abraham was a good example to you guys. He even mocked Nigeria on the internet. You guys were going in on the guy and taking shots. It was hilarious grin

Eventually, Osimhen's performance sort of dwarfed him and KOMEKN chilled out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Odunayaw:
The private clubs in Nigeria planning to start their own league nko
no substance in that news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Don't doubt it...
His failed stint at Leicester notwithstanding,I believe Musa still has a good reputation in Europe... with his performance in Russia and at the world cup,he can still bag a move to a decent league in Europe if he wishes to return...

Lols What World cup performance? there's no reputation bro, He is now a shadow of the Musa that played in Russia.... I'd be surprised if he moves to Championship but the Premier league doesn't seem realistic at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
The Attackers with the most effective Counter-press in Ligue 1 for 2019/2020.

Osimhen is ranked so high up on both successful number of presses/90mins and high attacking pressures attempts/90 made.

And we can can see Jimmy Briand of Bordeaux also leading in this regards. Partly explains why he got the nod over Josh Maja sometimes and towards the last games before Covid ended the league prematurely.

Samuel Kalu is ranked pretty good on successful presses/90 but he doesn't make as much attacking pressing attempts/90. Shows that when he does make those presses, he comes out successful more than likely.

Courtesy: GetFrenchFootballNews

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) ... (16280) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), Christinu2, lovewins, enlady(f), jieta, Odunayaw(m), ezybaba(m), Joezinho, Elnino9(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.