Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,068 members, 7,845,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11835050 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) (9169) (9170) ... (16236) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Owngoalnigeria are reporting that Atalanta's bid reported 5 days ago has been rejected.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/08/06/atalanta-fails-with-first-bid-for-club-brugge-nigerian-forward-dennis-emmanuel/

Napoli have joined the race and are expected to make a 20M bid reports voetbal24
napoli again he should not think of going there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Former Captain of Austria National team, Christian Fuchs has labelled Iheanacho "The Best Penalty Taker I've Seen".

Fuchs, at 34, is one of the oldest active players in the league and has played in 8 different teams in his career yet rates Iheanacho as an unbelievable penalty taker.

In his club career, Iheanacho has only played two penalties. And yes, he scored both.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Subzero047:

We have Ejaria and Aribo who are capable of creating on their own and contributing to the defensive duties as well

No 10s are outdated

In 36 championship games,Ejaria got 5 assists and created less than 1 chance per game according to sofascore stats..
Aribo himself is kind of better..

No.10s aren't outdated.. some teams just find an alternative style of play that doesn't require having a no.10 .

If you think a midfield combo of Ejaria and Aribo will create a lot of chance for us,you are mistaken...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Elohor Ekpolo starts for BK Hacken vs Norrkoping.
While, 18yrs old Midfielder, Ishaq Abdulrazak of Norrkoping starts from the bench.

Also in the Swedish Allsvenskan, 20yrs old highly rated Youngster, Alhassan Yusuf starts for IFK Goteborg vs Ostersunds FK (Jordan Attah's former side).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Eric Garcia is close to a move from Manchester City to Barcelona to replace Pique.

That means Adarabioyo might be back up defender for Manchester City. The player has been talking tough about breaking into the first team, wants to be EPL and UCL winner as well as club captain in 5 years. All this after a fine loan spell at Blackburn.

At this rate Nigeria might find it difficult to poach him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
maidaboi:
napoli again he should not think of going there

What's wrong with Napoli?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Former Captain of Austria National team, Christian Fuchs has labelled Iheanacho "The Best Penalty Taker I've Seen".

Fuchs, at 34, is one of the oldest active players in the league and has played in 8 different teams in his career yet rates Iheanacho as an unbelievable penalty taker.

In his club career, Iheanacho has only played two penalties. And yes, he scored both.

I can totally understand why he would say that. Nacho never missed for Nigeria also. He does the little pause like Bruno and Jorginho but he doesn't hop with his.

I remember Pellegrini telling Sterling to give a penalty to Iheanacho against his wife Aston Villa grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

I've seen his clips, He is good and a transfer of 10m or around that will put him in the spotlight

In my experience video clips are indicative and can easily be contrived, l never conclude on a player based on video clips.

However, if those clips are of individual games not a collection of games compressed into one video. Then you have a more comprehensive view.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Eric Garcia is close to a move from Manchester City to Barcelona to replace Pique.

That means Adarabioyo might be back up striker for Manchester City. The player has been talking tough about breaking into the first team, wants to be EPL and UCL winner as well as club captain in 5 years. All this after a fine loan spell at Blackburn.

I know that you've made a mistake because you know Tosin is a defender.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Elohor Ekpolo starts for BK Hacken vs Norrkoping.
While, 18yrs old Midfielder, Ishaq Abdulrazak of Norrkoping starts from the bench.

Also in the Swedish Allsvenskan, 20yrs old highly rated Youngster, Alhassan Yusuf starts for IFK Goteborg vs Ostersunds FK (Jordan Attah's former side).

I remember him very well.

He came highly recommended but could not cut it in league one with kick and rush Fleetwood town.

A lot of players that can't make it even at English non league consider the Nordic leagues as an option.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
'Kelechi's Never Missed A Penalty' - Ndidi Names Iheanacho As Leicester's Top Man When It Comes To Spot Kicks

Wilfred Ndidi has argued that his international teammate Kelechi Iheanacho is Leicester City's top player when it comes to taking penalty kicks, and it has been echoed by Austrian left-back Christian Fuchs.

Since Iheanacho arrived at the King Power Stadium from Manchester City, the Foxes have been awarded 21 penalty kicks, but the Super Eagle appears to be way down in the pecking order of spot kick takers.

Premier League Golden Boot winner Jamie Vardy is the designated penalty taker, scoring 14 out of 17, while James Maddison, Ayoze Perez and Demarai Gray have been chosen to take the rest.

When asked to name the Leicester City player he'd back to score a decisive kick, Ndidi was quoted as saying by Leicestershire Live:
"Kelechi’s never missed a penalty. I’ve never seen him miss a penalty," to which Fuchs agreed.

Perez doubted Ndidi, saying : "When is he even taking penalties?"

Ndidi replied: "You’ve not seen him? He never misses," before Fuchs added: "He’s unbelievable. The best penalty taker I’ve seen."

Iheanacho scored the winning penalty for Leicester City against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Carabao Cup in September 2018.

*Igho Kingsley

Photo Credit : lcfc.com

Source: ANS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

That means Adarabioyo might be back up striker for Manchester City. The player has been talking tough about breaking into the first team, wants to be EPL and UCL winner as well as club captain in 5 years. All this after a fine loan spell at Blackburn.

City is sigining a cb dis summer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
komekn:

In my experience video clips are indicative and can easily be contrived, l never conclude on a player based on video clips.

However, if those clips are of individual games not a collection of games compressed into one video. Then you have a more comprehensive view.

Sylvester Emeka Igbonu while speaking to Brila Yesterday said and i paraphrase "I got a call from Sunday Oliseh while at Denmark, he said he saw my CLIPS and felt i will add something to the super eagles"

People watch Clips Bro

Even though i also feel it's not the best way of ascertaining how good a player is

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

So it seems that Christian Fuchs know a lot better than Pep, Shakespeare, Puel and Brendan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
komekn:

I know that you've made a mistake because you know Tosin is a defender.
That's what the post said: Tosin is a defender.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
charlesemeka85:

They already did...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
charlesemeka85:

After Nathan Ake?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

In 36 championship games,Ejaria got 5 assists and created less than 1 chance per game according to sofascore stats..
Aribo himself is kind of better..

No.10s aren't outdated.. some teams just find an alternative style of play that doesn't require having a no.10 .

If you think a midfield combo of Ejaria and Aribo will create a lot of chance for us,you are mistaken...

What do you prefer Aribo and Ejaria creating chances or Iwobi?

Both of them have higher numbers than Iwobi and contribute more defensively, they also make the team more balanced and relieve the defensive workload on Ndidi

And yes No 10s are outdated you will struggle to find a top team using that system
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
maidaboi:
kada city no the try at all
Laslas na plateau united I dey support now

I remember when Plateau United played against Akwa starlet at Nest of Champions

It seemed i was the only plateau united fan that day grin

The match finished in a draw

It was fun really
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
komekn:

So it seems that Christian Fuchs know a lot better than Pep, Shakespeare, Puel and Brendan.

He is his teammate..
He watches him regularly in training and on the pitch as much as Puel, Shakespeare and Rodgers...

And BTW,it was an opinion...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
komekn:

They have their reasons

You know better than Fuchs and Ndidi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
JayromWrites:

Sylvester Emeka Igbonu while speaking to Brila Yesterday said and i paraphrase "I got a call from Sunday Oliseh while at Denmark, he said he saw my CLIPS and felt i will add something to the super eagles"

People watch Clips Bro

Even though i also feel it's not the best way of ascertaining how good a player is

It depends on how the clips are made.

For instance, if l want to find out about a player I'll go to the club video analyst. And say give 10 minutes 10 minute clips of Nnamdi Brown. I can then have a good idea about the player, what he die with the ball and what he does when he doesn't have the ball.

Finally, knowing how things work in Nigeria and Oliseh penchant for players deals through his preferred agent. That's not a good example to justify clips in professional football management.

But clips that people talk about predominantly here it seems are the clips based on a collection of games compressed into a clip or clips.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
Subzero047:

What do you prefer Aribo and Ejaria creating chances or Iwobi?

Both of them have higher numbers than Iwobi and contribute more defensively, they also make the team more balanced and relieve the defensive workload on Ndidi

And yes No 10s are outdated you will struggle to find a top team using that system
I will prefer Aribo partnering Ndidi with Iwobi or Eze as a 10... Ejaria isn't a chance creator...go and check his stats..

Your last statement is funny,cus the last time I checked, Kevin De Bryune is currently the best playmaker in the world and he playa for Man City..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
JayromWrites:

They have their reasons

You know better than Fuchs and Ndidi?

Do they know more than the entire coaching staff at Leicester all KC past managers and present manager.

As well as all of his current team mates.

Finally, what else do you expect Ndidi to say, no matter what the truth is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Valencia have enquired about Chukwueze according to villarrealusa.com. The club value the player at €40M but have set his starting price at €25M because of the economic situation caused by coronavirus.

Another site, lebombedivlad.it., have confirmed Chukwueze's value to be 25M, more than half of his release close.

This is their statement via Brilla,

“Atalanta has overtaken Napoli in the race to sign Boga, valued at €30m, but the Partenopei believe they can get Chukwueze for €25m if they don’t get Boga.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

After Nathan Ake?
yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Another site, lebombedivlad.it., have confirmed Chukwueze's value to be 25M, more than half of his release close.

This is their statement via Brilla,

“Atalanta has overtaken Napoli in the race to sign Boga, valued at €30m, but the Partenopei believe they can get Chukwueze for €25m if they don’t get Boga.”
mk samu join Napoli joor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

I will prefer Aribo partnering Ndidi with Iwobi or Eze as a 10... Ejaria isn't a chance creator...go and check his stats..

Your last statement is funny,cus the last time I checked, Kevin De Bryune is currently the best playmaker in the world and he playa for Man City..

Aribo is actually hindered creatively in sitting behind for defensive duties alongside Ndidi, Man city can afford to do it because De Bruyne is a top class creator and Iwobi is not De Bruyne, it would actually make sense for Ejaria to partner Aribo in midfield to create and defend equally

As for you saying Ejaria is not a creator that is a lie

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
komekn:

It depends on how the clips are made.

For instance, if l want to find out about a player I'll go to the club video analyst. And say give 10 minutes 10 minute clips of Nnamdi Brown. I can then have a good idea about the player, what he die with the ball and what he does when he doesn't have the ball.

Finally, knowing how things work in Nigeria and Oliseh penchant for players deals through his preferred agent. That's not a good example to justify clips in professional football management.

But clips that people talk about predominantly here it seems are the clips based on a collection of games compressed into a clip or clips.

Do you know that professional clubs use Football Manager games to me scout players?

And do you know that Football Manager in turn encourages players to send clips of them in training to update attributes in the game?

If they use games why can't they use videos?

https://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/how-the-football-manager-video-game-became-a-real-life-football-manager-1321062

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51904874

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

What's wrong with Napoli?
nothing

(1) (2) (3) ... (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) (9169) (9170) ... (16236) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, viccy12, solonnachi, bennie1980(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.