Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,134 members, 7,845,775 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11836896 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) (9169) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
After the stakeholders meeting today, Premier league clubs have agreed to revert back to using up to three substitute players per match, with a maximum of seven substitutes on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
JayromWrites:

Concerning our local league

There are passionate Nigeria league fans out there

We might not be in our millions but we are not little

While in Uyo, i never missed any Akwa United or Dakkada FC's home match

I'm from the north but i follow Enugu Rangers, Enyimba and Vandrezzer FC on Facebook

I just pray the league is up and running

Kaduna United and Ranchers bees aff tayah me

E no go better for kada city sha
kada city no the try at all
Laslas na plateau united I dey support now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Lols What World cup performance? there's no reputation bro, He is now a shadow of the Musa that played in Russia.... I'd be surprised if he moves to Championship but the Premier league doesn't seem realistic at all

You'd be surprised what a good reputation can do for a player..
Musa has 4 world cup goals..he has played in Russia and the Eredivise...he has scored 9 goals and 12 assists in 48 games for Al Nasr as a winger.. He can get a move to a decent league in Europe...I can guarantee you that...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tammy said No. I moved on. Don't know the shots you talking about unless you being generalistic to several Nigerians' reaction. I understand even whites got involved when he began playing poorly for Chelsea and using that to racially abuse him. Now that's very wrong and immoral.

Back to Nigerians, Nigerians would always react. If Saka perhaps eventually says no today, expect another round of reaction from Nigerians. Nigerians generally don't handle rejection very well I'm afraid. Made my very good friend, TheGoodJoe fly to FINLAND to begin the process of becoming a "FINNISH CITIZEN" one time coz he was "FINNISHED" BY Billing's rejection and his toying with us. grin grin Lol

But as for me... I don't take these things to heart at all. I just see it as their choice and move on. Afterall, it is their lives and careers. Also, our national team isn't dead b'cos of their No.

And yes, eventually Osimhen proved himself the better player. He bagged 18 goals + 6 assists in all comps despite having 10 league games to play.
Tammy had a whole season and fell short by 1. He bagged 17 goals + 6assists. Also an impressive return overall but compared to a player who bagged more goals with 10 league matches to spare and couldn't play in them as the league got ended prematurely and refused to return like the others, then surely it shows one is definitely of a higher class. Finito. wink

IDENNAA:

That's why I don't lose sleep over foreign born because I don't need the heartache. Abraham was a good example to you guys. He even mocked Nigeria on the internet. You guys were going in on the guy and taking shots. It was hilarious grin

Eventually, Osimhen's performance sort of dwarfed him and KOMEKN chilled out.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Musa has 4 world cup goals..he has played in Russia and the Eredivise...he has scored 9 goals and 12 assists in 48 games for Al Nasr as a winger.. He can get a move to a decent league in Europe...I can guarantee you that...

D CV is dere... At times ,it goes beyond form

Some clubs too buy players based on deir past cv cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Corbo: "Osimhen has a 5.5 technique, but he will not end up like Lozano: I'll explain the reason"

The journalist and columnist of the newspaper La Repubblica, Antonio Corbo, expressed some considerations on the Neapolitan club.
Editorial board

5 AUG 2020 HOURS 18:40

Antonio Corbo has released some statements to the microphones of the radio program 'Marte Sport Live', a broadcast of in-depth analysis on the hot topics in the Neapolitan house related to the transfer market - and not only - broadcast daily on Radio Marte frequencies . These are his considerations entrusted to the Campania broadcaster: " Can Victor Osimhen end up like Hirving Lozano? No, because he has 5.5-6 of individual technique, but he has great physicality combined with speed and progression, unlike the Mexican".

Corbo then added: "Yes , this boy fits in well and is given exceptional guidance by the coach, with a coach who also gives him changes of pace and the right turns, then you will see that he will become a formidable counter-attacker. Like all young players, he has important potential, but we have to see how he evolves in his career ", concluded the editorialist of the newspaper ' La Repubblica', at the end of his radio intervention today.

(Translated with Google)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
komekn:

Do you really think that player selection and appraisal rests solely and entirely with Rohr.

In case that's what you think, you are in the dark.

Bring me to the light my brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
solonnachi:

But The Supernerd, Eze is feeling too pompous to play for Nigeria. Something tells me he will behave like VicMo even when he chooses to eventually play for Nigeria. No wonder Rohr is not too keen about him.

I must confess that Rohr is really trying. Keeping tabs on all these foreign born is not really easy. He really means well for Nigeria. Every role has become very competitive. He is not satisfied with his options. Still gunning for more stars. How I wish he can do the same for our league when it resumes.

Feeling too pompous while playing in the championship

Poor man okocha

He better plays for that england
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
This is exactly the power of having your players feature prominently in the Big leagues and seeing their market values rise with impressive showings in those big leagues. Ndidi and Osimhen are testament to this and are two of the biggest reasons we cracked that Top 20. Their market values skyrocketed recently. And I expect Chukwueze's market value to rise in due time as with a host of others.
Good for the players and good for the national team. We are getting there in terms of all round national team quality.

Agreed about ndidi and osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Agreed about musa bro

People should not be suprised for musa to easily get a team in europe top 5 leagues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
sheyishemba:

Thank God I pray the lad move to either Celtic or leed and make his senior Debut before france and England shook eye for hin matter.
Ejaria is not AMF but CMF onomah Is a natural AMF and will be in fierce competition with iwobi with that the AMF prob will be solved.

None of them are that good, Onomah has 4 goals in the Championship Iwobi has one goal in the premier league

I think with the inclusion of Ejaria we should do away with an AM and use 2 CMs instead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Jamilu Collins finished second for most duels won in the Bundesliga for the 2019/2020 season.

Source: Bundesliga.com

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Subzero047:

None of them are that good, Onomah has 4 goals in the Championship Iwobi has one goal in the premier league

I think with the inclusion of Ejaria we should do away with an AM and use 2 CMs instead

I agree I'm not sold out on that Onomah guy to be honest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Emmanuel Dennis and Terem Moffi got upgraded market values today according to Transfermrkt.

Dennis' Transfermrkt.co.uk's Market Value now stands at 16M€ (That takes him ahead of Iheanacho now whose own was raised from 12M€ to 15M€ after the conclusion of 19/20 EPL season).

While Moffi's now stands at 5M€.

This latest upgrade makes Dennis the third most valued player in the entire Jupiler League behind teammate, Krepin Diatta of Senegal (now 20M€ market value) and Jonathan David of KAA Gent (back to 25M€ market value).

Market values Belgium: David back to €25m - Focus on Kaboré, Badji & Moffi

Ahead of the cup final last weekend, football in Belgium has been interrupted since March. Ahead of the start of the Jupiler Pro League on the weekend, and despite the early cancelation of the last season, Transfermarkt has updated around 90 market values. The focus is on young players, some of whom have already been transferred, or players in the focus of a club in one of the top leagues.

The most prominent example is Jonathan David, KAA Gent continue to ask for €30 million, a demand a club from France could now fulfil. The 20-year-old Canadian striker wants to join LOSC Lille, who are reportedly willing to meet the asking price. The earning received from selling Victor Osimhen to Napoli could give Lille some room for negotiation, final talks are supposed to take place in the coming days. David's market value now returns to €25 million, the same value he had before the coronavirus market value cut in April.

At champions Club Brugge, in demand players Krépin Diatta (+€1m to €20m), Emmanuel Dennis (+€2.5m to €16m) and Clinton Mata (+€2m to €8.5m) are the biggest winners. The biggest standout player in the preseason was 18-year-old striker Youssouph Badji. Until the lost cup final the Senegalese forward was without a start for the first team, now Badji is considered a serious alternative for the first team. His market value, which was €150,000 is now €1.5 million with the potential of further growth down the road.

Two other African talents had a similar development ahead of the season cancelation.

Terem Moffi joined KV Kortrijk from Lithuania and scored four goals in seven games. Kortrijk have turned down an offer from France for the 21-year-old and will only allow the striker to leave should someone be willing to pay €5 million. As a result, his market value increased from €1.3 million to now €5 million.

|Source: Transfermarkt |

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
solonnachi:

Safarigirl!. Safari girl!! Why hast thou forsaken us

Lol....I have not forsaken you guys

I come her occasionally to see what is happening, but I don't post.

I've been really busy with work sef, call-to-bar is approaching, and money must be made for essentials.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Emmanuel Dennis and Terem Moffi got upgraded market values today according to Transfermrkt.

Dennis' Transfermrkt.co.uk's Market Value now stands at 16M€ (That takes him ahead of Iheanacho now whose own was raised from 12M€ to 15M€ after the conclusion of 19/20 EPL season).

While Moffi's now stands at 5M€.

This latest upgrade makes Dennis the third most valued player in the entire Jupiler League behind teammate, Krepin Diatta of Senegal (now 20M€ market value) and Jonathan David of KAA Gent (back to 25M€ market value).

Market values Belgium: David back to €25m - Focus on Kaboré, Badji & Moffi

Ahead of the cup final last weekend, football in Belgium has been interrupted since March. Ahead of the start of the Jupiler Pro League on the weekend, and despite the early cancelation of the last season, Transfermarkt has updated around 90 market values. The focus is on young players, some of whom have already been transferred, or players in the focus of a club in one of the top leagues.

The most prominent example is Jonathan David, KAA Gent continue to ask for €30 million, a demand a club from France could now fulfil. The 20-year-old Canadian striker wants to join LOSC Lille, who are reportedly willing to meet the asking price. The earning received from selling Victor Osimhen to Napoli could give Lille some room for negotiation, final talks are supposed to take place in the coming days. David's market value now returns to €25 million, the same value he had before the coronavirus market value cut in April.

At champions Club Brugge, in demand players Krépin Diatta (+€1m to €20m), Emmanuel Dennis (+€2.5m to €16m) and Clinton Mata (+€2m to €8.5m) are the biggest winners. The biggest standout player in the preseason was 18-year-old striker Youssouph Badji. Until the lost cup final the Senegalese forward was without a start for the first team, now Badji is considered a serious alternative for the first team. His market value, which was €150,000 is now €1.5 million with the potential of further growth down the road.

Two other African talents had a similar development ahead of the season cancelation.

Terem Moffi joined KV Kortrijk from Lithuania and scored four goals in seven games. Kortrijk have turned down an offer from France for the 21-year-old and will only allow the striker to leave should someone be willing to pay €5 million. As a result, his market value increased from €1.3 million to now €5 million.

|Source: Transfermarkt |

Covid been affect dennis market value before sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Agreed about musa bro

People should not be suprised for musa to easily get a team in europe top 5 leagues

We dey look na, I'll want to see the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Eberechi Eze On Nigeria Radar Ahead Of Premier League Transfer
James NaltonContributor
SportsMoney
World football writer
Eberechi Eze Nigeria QPREMPICS/PA IMAGES VIA GETTY IMAGES
More From Forbes

Queens Park Rangers star Eberechi Eze has raised the possibility of playing for Nigeria in the future, despite representing England at youth level.

The 21-year-old was born in the Greenwich borough of London, but is eligible for Nigeria through his parents.

He has made a handful of appearances for England’s U20 and U21 sides, but in a recent interview with FourFourTwo magazine, left the door open for a switch.

“I’m very happy to be part of England’s youth setup right now, but I enjoyed training with Nigeria,” he said.

“It’s a privilege to be involved with both, but I don’t want to make a decision yet – I just need to focus on QPR.”

Eze first trained with the Nigeria squad in March 2017, when they visited London for friendlies against Senegal and Burkina Faso at The Hive Stadium, home of Barnet FC and the London Bees.

The latter fixture was cancelled, meaning the group had an opportunity to make use of extra time on the training field, and to try to convince Eze to join them again in the future.

His form for QPR this season has attracted plenty of attention.

The exciting attacker has been on the radar of a number of top-tier clubs since impressing in a loan spell at Wycombe Wanderers during the 2017/18 season, and his recent performances mean he is almost guaranteed to join a Premier League side at the end of the season.

QPR’s progression hasn’t matched Eze’s, but he and a number of teammates have made them one of the most exciting teams to watch in the Championship.

They have the third-most productive attack in the division, and have scored more goals at home than any other side in the league.

A lot of this is down to Eze, who has 12 goals and eight assists in the Championship this season. He has shone alongside other young stars such as Nigeria-born winger Bright Osayi-Samuel, and Morocco youth international Ilias Chair, whose playmaking talents have become increasingly apparent throughout the campaign.

But the West London outfit have also conceded the third-most goals in the league, and have the worst home defensive record, level with bottom-of-the-table sides Barnsley and Hull City.

QPR’s director of football, Les Ferdinand, believes Eze has the potential to play for one of the top clubs in the country.

"I think if you look at his ability, I see him playing for one of the top six sides," Ferdinand told football.london.

"I see him playing for England or he can play for Nigeria as well, so we'll see him on the international scene because of his ability. He's certainly got the ability to do that.

"There's a few more bits and pieces to add to his game but those bits and pieces are going to come. He'll go all the way."

Ferdinand received several offers for his player in January and expects more once the season is over, but the demand for Eze’s services extends beyond club level onto the international scene

Being eligible for two nations can present a difficult choice, both culturally and professionally. Being raised by Nigerian parents will mean Eze has an affinity to his ancestry, but being brought up in England will mean he also has ties to his local area.

In terms of international success on a professional level, Nigeria have won three Africa Cup of Nations titles, most recently in 2013, while England are yet to win their equivalent, the European Championships. Though England do have a World Cup win to their name, it came in 1966, 54 years ago.

President of the Nigerian Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has commented on Eze’s talent, and believes the QPR man would improve the Nigeria team, were he to become part of the squad.

"We need to make a solid representation at Qatar 2022 and it starts with improving your squad with quality players like Eze," said Pinnick.

"Can you imagine a midfield with [Wilfred] Ndidi, [Joe] Aribo, [Peter] Etebo and Eze? It is one that will improve our squad.

"I had a positive meeting with Ebere Eze in London and I spoke to his parents as well.

"He requested for the chance to continue to focus on his club career which is going well so far, and that further progress will be made in due course

"But I am confidently hopeful that he will play for Nigeria soon.”

A call-up to the Nigeria squad in the near future wouldn’t be a surprise. Just as Premier League clubs will be looking to make a shrewd investment in a player from a lower division, Nigeria should be looking to reward Eze’s talent, and at the same time recognise his potential, with a senior cap.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Yes. You are right. But now he is back and have cracked top 5 Nigeria's most valuable even ahead of Iheanacho. That's something.

I expect more massive market value increases for our players by next summer. Things are looking up again for our Naija lads.

andrewbaba44:

Covid been affect dennis market value before sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Subzero047:

If we decide to do away with an AM,where do u now expect the team's creativity to come from?
The flanks??
We don't have Trent Arnold and Robertson o ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:
After the stakeholders meeting today, Premier league clubs have agreed to revert back to using up to three substitute players per match, with a maximum of seven substitutes on the bench.

They suppose settle for 4.

Smh. That 3 no dey sweet especially with injuries.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. You are right. But now he is back and have cracked top 5 Nigeria's most valuable even ahead of Iheanacho. That's something.

I expect more massive market value increases for our players by next summer. Things are looking up again for our Naija lads.

Good for naija football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
daveP:

Who go lose go still lose, if they have to modify any rule again it should be the offside rule... VAR is not helping matters with these mm offsides
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Who go lose go still lose, if they have to modify any rule again it should be the offside rule... VAR is not helping matters with these mm offsides
the small teams voted against 5

11 against
9 for

Obvious reasons that i agree with. But 4 was ok, should be okay.

Also gave youngsters playing time.

All 3 newly promoted sides voted against. Lwkm!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Di Marzio reported some hours ago of Atalanta's interest. They have made a bid for the player this morning.

Owngoalnigeria are reporting that Atalanta's bid reported 5 days ago has been rejected.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/08/06/atalanta-fails-with-first-bid-for-club-brugge-nigerian-forward-dennis-emmanuel/

Napoli have joined the race and are expected to make a 20M bid reports voetbal24
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
safarigirl:

Lol....I have not forsaken you guys

I come her occasionally to see what is happening, but I don't post.

I've been really busy with work sef, call-to-bar is approaching, and money must be made for essentials.

I'm so happy for you. Keep progressing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

If we decide to do away with an AM,where do u now expect the team's creativity to come from?
The flanks??
We don't have Trent Arnold and Robertson o ..

We have Ejaria and Aribo who are capable of creating on their own and contributing to the defensive duties as well

No 10s are outdated

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
daveP:

Yes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Joe Aribo starts as expected. Europa League Round of 16 action going down at Leverkusen's home ground. Leverkusen leads 3-1 on Aggr. This is the 2nd leg.

Game kicks off in about 38 mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Joe Aribo starts as expected. Europa League Round of 16 action going down at Leverkusen's home ground. Leverkusen leads 3-1 on Aggr. This is the 2nd leg.

Game kicks off in about 38 mins.

Do you have a working link sir?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) (9168) (9169) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.