Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11740555 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9161) (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ejaria..all motion and no movement.... of what what use is dribbling the grass round and round....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin this man I will not kill me here...Westin Ighalo do you, beside am not a fan of his...thou he performed for naija but think he could have done better especially during critical moments (Argentina comes to mind again..posh).
ChrisKels:
So far... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
NO
ChrisKels:

Richie is that you? grin

Retired Ikenga?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
ChrisKels:
So far... grin

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Fifa clearance is a simple process,yes... but when the parties involved start acting up,it gets complicated..

That's why it took us almost a year to get Aina cleared...

It was gross incompetence by the NFF that caused the unnecessary delay.

Not the process management.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
I feel sorry for Ighalo right now. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Ighalo starts

He should get me a brace to complete my sweet day

If I say A

You say B

Another man say F

Omo na u sabi.... grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
So there's another Nigerian in Hammarby IF rank??

Nnonyelu Dovin Oliver
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
ChrisKels:

If I say A

You say B

Another man say F

Omo na u sabi.... grin

Lol

Warey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
Transfer talk. Speculation.

Napoli said to be preparing a €30m bid for Chukwueze. Problem is, Chukwueze has a buy out clause of over 3X this figure in €100m. Villarreal will not even open the gate for Napoli with €30m

"Napoli after the purchase of Victor Osimhen, continues its market research quietly, despite the attention currently focused mainly on the Champions League (Saturday the second leg of the round of 16 against Barcelona) and on the sales.

The Neapolitan club, among the various names, according to what our editorial team collected, would also have set its sights on Samuel Chukwueze, a 99 'class jewel from Villarreal. Right wing of left-handed foot, it has all the characteristics that go perfectly with the type of game of the coach Gennaro Gattuso, thanks to his ability to converge towards the center and go shooting with his natural foot.

Dribbling funamboloci, nicknamed the "Nigerian Robben", very close friend of Osimhen, is considered among the best prospects on the international scene.

It will not be easy to snatch it from Villarreal, which asks for a sum of at least 30 million euros to let it leave: contract in place until 2023.

For now, therefore, a simple request for information, the idea tickles DS Cristiano Giuntoli who with his collaborators is looking for the most suitable profiles ready to take up the heavy legacy of Josè Maria Callejon (even if with characteristics different from Spanish) .

Further on we will find out if there will be something more concrete or it will have been one of the many names probed, as usual, remembering that the transfer market is still very long."

https://www.lebombedivlad dot it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Transfer News Done Deal.

Chukwubuike Junior Adamu (19) Centre-Forward signed permanently with RedBull Salzburg

Redbull Salsburg introduce their young guns:

Adamu Junior Chukwubuike unveiled.

Alongside Bryan Okoh and Karim Adeyemi, Adamu Chukwubuike cut their teeth with Liefering FC in the Austrian 2nd division.

Chukwubuike Adamu was transferred and signed permanently with the Bundesliga side to a 3 year contract on the 1st of August. He is a previous Under 19 player for Austria whilst born in Kano

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
komekn:

It was gross incompetence by the NFF that caused the unnecessary delay.

Not the process management.

How did you know that??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
ChrisKels:

If I say A

You say B

Another man say F

Omo na u sabi.... grin
Agbaya grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
sheyishemba:

I'll prefer Celtic to leed coz of game time and his development moreover there will be less pressure
The dude is a gem very technical player.
very technical player with sweet left foot. He is similar to aribo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
2lola:
Transfer talk. Speculation.

Napoli said to be preparing a €30m bid for Chukwueze. Problem is, Chukwueze has a buy out clause of over 3X this figure in €100m. Villarreal will not even open the gate for Napoli with €30m

"Napoli after the purchase of Victor Osimhen, continues its market research quietly, despite the attention currently focused mainly on the Champions League (Saturday the second leg of the round of 16 against Barcelona) and on the sales.

The Neapolitan club, among the various names, according to what our editorial team collected, would also have set its sights on Samuel Chukwueze, a 99 'class jewel from Villarreal. Right wing of left-handed foot, it has all the characteristics that go perfectly with the type of game of the coach Gennaro Gattuso, thanks to his ability to converge towards the center and go shooting with his natural foot.

Dribbling funamboloci, nicknamed the "Nigerian Robben", very close friend of Osimhen, is considered among the best prospects on the international scene.

It will not be easy to snatch it from Villarreal, which asks for a sum of at least 30 million euros to let it leave: contract in place until 2023.

For now, therefore, a simple request for information, the idea tickles DS Cristiano Giuntoli who with his collaborators is looking for the most suitable profiles ready to take up the heavy legacy of Josè Maria Callejon (even if with characteristics different from Spanish) .

Further on we will find out if there will be something more concrete or it will have been one of the many names probed, as usual, remembering that the transfer market is still very long."

https://www.lebombedivlad dot it

I pray the transfer pulls through cus i foresee samu doing well in the colors of napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by feelme2020: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
ABOUT HENRY ONYEKURU

1. Monaco will be foolish to let him go. I saw the Monaco website and he was highly rated just January this year.
2. He must have an incompetent agent, with good marketing he can easily go to mid table teams in france, italy and spain
3. From his stats, i think he is better than Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon, Rohr doesn't give him a chance because we have started having many quality players
4. He may be the most underrated Nigerian player for now.
5. If given a chance he will make it in Monaco.
6. They understand his talent in Turkey that is why they appreciate him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
sheyishemba:

Exactly i just pray he should move to one outta d duo
It nice to have you back bro.

Hope so too. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:23am On Aug 06, 2020
ChrisKels:
Like this now, BBnaija dun deny us of Safarigirl grin

Lol...

I miss international football, I no go lie.

Can't wait for October

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 06, 2020
2lola:
Transfer News Done Deal.

Chukwubuike Junior Adamu (19) Centre-Forward signed permanently with RedBull Salzburg

Redbull Salsburg introduce their young guns:

Adamu Junior Chukwubuike unveiled.

Alongside Bryan Okoh and Karim Adeyemi, Adamu Chukwubuike cut their teeth with Liefering FC in the Austrian 2nd division.

Chukwubuike Adamu was transferred and signed permanently with the Bundesliga side to a 3 year contract on the 1st of August. He is a previous Under 19 player for Austria whilst born in Kano

Another potential watched the dude severally damn clinical and physical
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2020
Chukwueze and Take Kubo fighting for the first team place grin

https://twitter.com/CrisCVF_/status/1291128507419045888?s=19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:12am On Aug 06, 2020
safarigirl:

Lol...

I miss international football, I no go lie.

Can't wait for October

Safarigirl!. Safari girl!! Why hast thou forsaken us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2020
feelme2020:
ABOUT HENRY ONYEKURU

1. Monaco will be foolish to let him go. I saw the Monaco website and he was highly rated just January this year.
2. He must have an incompetent agent, with good marketing he can easily go to mid table teams in france, italy and spain
3. From his stats, i think he is better than Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon, Rohr doesn't give him a chance because we have started having many quality players
4. He may be the most underrated Nigerian player for now.
5. If given a chance he will make it in Monaco.
6. They understand his talent in Turkey that is why they appreciate him

Monaco is a selling club sir

Sell one talent and get another one immediately

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Giving a player game time doesn't equate to development..
Ibe never did anything spectacular with the game time he got at Liverpool under Klopp and Rodgers... unlike Sterling that came from the academy to the first team and cemented a starting spot with impressive performance..
Ibe had potentials but Rodgers never harnessed them..neither did Klopp.. So he doesn't count at all..

Its funny you when you say "he has been a shaodw of his former self" because his former self wasn't really shining... Selling him to Bournemouth for £15m was simply a good piece of business..it is what Liverpool are good at..
Danny Ward made leee than 10 appearance for Liverpool as a backup goalkeeper but was sold to Leicester for €14m ..

As for Iheanacho,his career wasn't dead... He was just struggling to fit into Peul's conversatiive system of play until Rodgers came in and changed it...
Unless you can point out certain aspects of Iheanacho game that has changed or improved since Rodgers came in,u can't really say he "developed" him...

Iheanacho's positional awareness has improved drastically. Before bis use of space was terrible, rushing into tight corners and ruining the chances of getting passes. Now he attacks spaces with great awareness.

Iheanacho also improved tremendously in his defending from the front. This was a bad side of his sthle before. Now he will be a toast for managers who want attsckers that can contribute towards winning the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2020
Rangers International On Preparation For The Resumption of the League

With the expected start of the 2020/2021 football season in a few weeks’ time (Covid-19 Pandemic allowing), the management of multiple Nigeria league and challenge cup champions, Rangers International F.C have sounded it clear that the team are set to challenge on all fronts.

In an exclusive session with RangersMedia, the G.M/CEO of Rangers, Davidson Owumi, stated that with the expected retention of the majority of players that defended the colors of the club last season, the management is confident of making the club numerous supporters proud.

“I am sincerely glad with the way we are going about our preparations for the fast-approaching football season. Our coaching crew is at work and will soon come up with a list of players retained and those that will bid us bye for the season. For management, it is our belief that a handful of quality legs will be sourced to fill noticed areas of lapses in the team,” stated Owumi.

On the list of players that made the cut from the previous season, the former NPL boss, said,“As stated earlier, the coaches are working round the clock to ensure that the best legs are retained from the players that defended our colors last season as well as getting just a few more to add to the team for the new season. A comprehensive list of players to defend our colors will be made public as soon as the coaches complete their work in that regard.”

@Rangersint on Twitter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:33am On Aug 06, 2020
The private clubs in Nigeria planning to start their own league nko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:
Rangers International On Preparation For The Resumption of the League

With the expected start of the 2020/2021 football season in a few weeks’ time (Covid-19 Pandemic allowing), the management of multiple Nigeria league and challenge cup champions, Rangers International F.C have sounded it clear that the team are set to challenge on all fronts.

In an exclusive session with RangersMedia, the G.M/CEO of Rangers, Davidson Owumi, stated that with the expected retention of the majority of players that defended the colors of the club last season, the management is confident of making the club numerous supporters proud.

“I am sincerely glad with the way we are going about our preparations for the fast-approaching football season. Our coaching crew is at work and will soon come up with a list of players retained and those that will bid us bye for the season. For management, it is our belief that a handful of quality legs will be sourced to fill noticed areas of lapses in the team,” stated Owumi.

On the list of players that made the cut from the previous season, the former NPL boss, said,“As stated earlier, the coaches are working round the clock to ensure that the best legs are retained from the players that defended our colors last season as well as getting just a few more to add to the team for the new season. A comprehensive list of players to defend our colors will be made public as soon as the coaches complete their work in that regard.”

@Rangersint on Twitter

Concerning our local league

There are passionate Nigeria league fans out there

We might not be in our millions but we are not little

While in Uyo, i never missed any Akwa United or Dakkada FC's home match

I'm from the north but i follow Enugu Rangers, Enyimba and Vandrezzer FC on Facebook

I just pray the league is up and running

Kaduna United and Ranchers bees aff tayah me

E no go better for kada city sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2020
Odunayaw:
The private clubs in Nigeria planning to start their own league nko

The teams have not released any public statement to confirm or deny the rumours, they're reportedly supposed to resume late October
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:45am On Aug 06, 2020
JayromWrites:

Concerning our local league

There are passionate Nigeria league fans out there

We might not be in our millions but we are not little

While in Uyo, i never missed any Akwa United or Dakkada FC's home match

I'm from the north but i follow Enugu Rangers, Enyimba and Vandrezzer FC on Facebook

I just pray the league is up and running

Kaduna United and Ranchers bees aff tayah me

E no go better for kada city sha

Yes o, we might not be many but we exist
Last season I saw all Bendel insurance home matches and the complex was always packed with fans

It's just too bad that the league is retrogressing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2020
Het Nieuwsblas reports that FC Midtjylland have rejected an unacceptable bid of 3.5M for Player Of The Year, Frank Onyeka.

Not only do they want more than double the offer, but the player is rated 4M on Transfermarkt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Omanambala:

If you had any shame you wouldn't be here. What sort of man are you ?? Nawaa ooo

You think I am done ?

I am going in sequence that way sane minds can see through you

No vex oga mi, daalu. Abeg, take some music to cool down. I recommend Olamide's Science Student or Reminisce's Diet.

Peace and One Luv.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Het Nieuwsblas reports that FC Midtjylland have rejected an unacceptable bid of 3.5M for Player Of The Year, Frank Onyeka.

Not only do they want more than double the offer, but the player is rated 4M on Transfermarkt.

Club Brugge is such a cheapskate club, 3.5M?
They can surely do better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Club Brugge is such a cheapskate club, 3.5M?
They can surely do better

He plays in a poor league, and is rated the same as Etebo, Semi Ajayi, Dessers and Ejuke. Must be some talent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9161) (9162) (9163) (9164) (9165) (9166) (9167) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), PurpleHouse(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.