Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,118 members, 7,867,228 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966947 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9261) (9262) (9263) (9264) (9265) (9266) (9267) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
IDENNAA:
This thread has been derailed and it's very sad and so disrespectful. You guys are European soccer addicts and I am not that why I visit this place to engage in discussions that deliberate on Nigeria football.

You guys could still take your discussions to European football threads but you chose to bring it here and enjoys our audience while the clubs you support has open thread and nobody visits them because you guys are not real fans. I create threads for European clubs and you can go there and slug it out.

For the past one week , most of you have been bombarding us with materials we dont need. It's painful and I will start reporting you and have you banned. This thread is for Nigeria soccer and related news. No ffucking Nigerian plays for Chelsea , Bayern Munich , Barcelona , PSG etc but you invaded our little space and turned it into European soccer trash can.
I dey tell you bro. The thing is annoying.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Clint02:
I dey tell you bro. The thing is annoying.

Don't worry, I can cure madness. I have cured few already

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Blueelf:

Again please report me to the mods

Cc thesupernerd

I beg y'all to report me

There's a thin line when discussing soccer

And right now, the biggest competition Jn world football is taking .place with huge surprises turning out, yet we should keep mute?

I'm in a bad mood today and any slowpoke that pomes me will have an earful

Please report me..

In fact, come to my house and seize all my gadgets and routers

Nonsense angry angry angry angry
Calm down.
I 8 2 say this,but it seems you're a barca fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lol...he's a red merseysider. Liverpool is in his DNA. grin

Clint02:
Calm down.
I 8 2 say this,but it seems you're a barca fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
komekn:

Leicester city got beat by League 2 Newport in the FA cup did that make Newport a better team.

MK Dons then in league one beat Manchester United well actually flogged them did that make them a better team.

AFC Wimbledon beat West Ham 4-2 last year did that make them a better team.

In a single leg cup game if you don't play well you loose. You do not get the opportunity to correct your mistakes and recover.

City lost the game from a very dubious offside foul goal and a very uncharacteristic goal keeping error. But all that, does not cover the fact City played poorly and had their strategy very wrong.

Lyon won the game.

So where is the argument?

On the night, lyon were better

Q.E.D
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol...he's a red merseysider. Liverpool is in his DNA. grin

Ok that's good,cuz I was about to suggest we isolate him,hold him up with chains,and place a big tears drum in front of him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Livingston vs Rangers - SPL action.

✔Efe Ambrose on the bench for Livingston.

✔Leon Balogun missing expectedly due to an injury. Out for 4-6 weeks possibly with a quadriceps strain injury.

✔Joe Aribo also missing due to a knock.

✔Calvin Bassey Ughelumba on the bench for Rangers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
IDENNAA:
Any other European nonsense I will report the person and have the post deleted and poster banned.

Take your European football madness to your clubs thread.

Again , this thread is strictly for Nigeria football including the NPFL. I love our local league but we rarely discuss it but every ffuckung day we read Messi , Guadiola or Ronaldo ad though they are Nigerians our have Nigeria players/ team mates. It's shows the depth of our inability to follow instructions and set rules.

Easy bro....
Calm down.....just calm down.

I understand how you feel.

You are right. This is a Super Eagles thread.
And for the so many years of activities on this thread over 90% of our discussions have been on Super Eagles players' performances both in the Super Eagles and at their respective Clubs.
I don't know for how long you have been following this thread but if you were ever here each time Rohr releases his team list, the Super Eagles related arguments here is always like this thread will catch fire. grin

However, due to non-national team activities you'll expect national team discussions to tone down.

To the best of my observations faithfuls here have managed to keep discussions going, especially relating to Nigerian players' performances in their respective clubs.

Let me also hint you that the NPFL is well represented here. Some of us here are die-hard fans of some Nigerian clubs. I am a die hard Enyimba fan. Infact I am more of an Enyimba fan than an Arsenal fan. You need to come and see the hot arguments here during NPFL and CAF Competitions. Those competitions are not on now, so we will hardly expect discussions on them.

Please don't condemn this thread based on the discussions of the last 24hrs because I can tell you it is just a one-off thing. Yes, the club banter has taken unnecessarily so long but just relax, the dust will settle.

We can only just pray that the pandemic goes away soon enough so that national team activities can resume. Then come back to this thread wink (The number 1 thread on Nairaland)

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Livingston vs Rangers - SPL action.

✔Efe Ambrose on the bench for Livingston.

✔Leon Balogun missing expectedly due to an injury. Out for 4-6 weeks possibly with a quadriceps tear injury.

✔Joe Aribo also missing due to a knock.

✔Calvin Bassey Ughelumba on the bench for Rangers.

Balogun already picking injuries in the carpenters league...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
I just tire. He is quite injury prone. When Balogun stays fit, he is one of our best in Europe, but his injury history is a worry for me going forward in the Super Eagles.

This kind of injury takes between a month and six weeks to heal so I naturally assume he will be out for that long unless he makes a bionic recovery.

Danielnino00:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I just tire. He is quite injury prone. When Balogun stays fit, he is one of our best in Europe, but his injury history is a worry for me going forward in the Super Eagles.

His kind of injury takes between a month and six weeks to heal so I naturally assume he will be out for that long unless he makes a bionic recovery.

Balogun is nearing his pension.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

His kind of injury takes between a month and six weeks to heal so I naturally assume he will be out for that long unless he makes a bionic recovery.

Well, these injuries may make him loss the starting shirt he just acquired at Rangers...

But I hope not..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Put this PSG team in the EPL, and watch them win the league back to back... Bayern would win the EPL 5 times in a row
Danielnino00:

I made a post here yesterday about the possibility of Lyon upsetting city,so I won't same the result shocked me...

Things like this happen..

I don't think people are looking down on the French league..
They are just saying the truth as it is...
The French league is the weakest among the top 5 leagues.

PSG have dominated the league since the Arabs took over, and to make it worse, they and other French teams don't post impressive results in European competitions like their English, Spanish and German counterparts.. so to some extent, the farmers league tag is justifiable grin

As for those people that predicted City to win, you can't blame them na grin .. city were clear favourites, all things considered...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Who's pained oga? i'm just stating the obvious as it is...

Liverpool can't beat this present bayern squad with this form.... Take it to the bank!
andrewbaba44:

Stop being pained okay ,this is football and city is out

You guys are yet to finish Tammy and osimhen arguement and you have jumped to Gabriel Jesus

Okay continue

All English team are outa and all Spanish teams

Anybody that calls the French league farmers league will have me to fight with

And komekn stop saying nonsense about the bundesliga from now on

Liverpool should have won this easily because they are the only team that can beat Bayern ,but they easily lost to Atm

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
What makes it delusional?
komekn:

Delusional
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
On Tolu Arokodare: Why he isn't in action right now as his side play

Ladies and Gentleman, there is fire on the mountain at Valmiera. Tolu Arokodare refused to train with the team or play today's game. He is trying to force a move to Anderlecht although the club, Valmiera say over 10 sides are interested in Tolu.

Tolu's agent is the same agent that Osimhen fired to bring in William D'avila (associate of Super Agent Jorge Mendes) and D'Amico.

Yep... Jean Benoit Czajka is his name. Osimhen's former agent who was fired in the course of the Napoli deal.

Below is the club's statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... This is him now.... Just glad Rohr has his eyes on him already.

The rate kids mature these days is so shocking. All of a sudden, I'm not so proud of sporting my baby-face look no more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Transfer news

Suleiman Abdullahi of FC Union Berlin has been loaned to Eintracht Braunschweig in Bundesliga 2 for the 2020/2021 season. He will wear the #20 jersey while out on loan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen. .
With the rising performance of all eligible NAIJA players currently, if I say we can comfortably partake in 3 concurrent tournaments and still perform excellently, am I on track or should I CALM DOWN?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Danielnino00:

He's just too fragile.

He's out of our friendly games for next month I believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Ladies and Gentleman, there is fire on the mountain at Valmiera. Tolu Arokodare refused to train with the team or play today's game. He is trying to force a move to Anderlecht although the club, Valmiera say over 10 sides are interested in Tolu.

Tolu's agent is the same agent that Osimhen fired to bring in William D'avila (associate of Super Agent Jorge Mendes) and D'Amico.

Yep... Jean Benoit Czajka is his name. Osimhen's former agent who was fired in the course of the Napoli deal.

Dude should calm down . There are more calmer ways to go about this. What he just did can tarnish the reputation he had already built in that league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

I dont understand fifa laws (i am not a lawyer) but maybe he and his agent should enter into some sort of negotiation with Almeria. Maybe after one season he can leave. The kid is still very young and should not be in a hurry. Does his agent know what he is doing or is his agent misleading him. Nigerian/African players seem to have problems with agents and other modalities including exploitation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

I don't like this. There's a history of players leaving their team in bad blood and have amounted to nothing ever since.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
And again you are not getting me. On UCL nights like Bayern 8-2 Barca, it is very okay to come in here and talk about it. No wahala. After that, it is buried and moved on from.

Today is Europa league night involving Man Utd and Sevilla. Discussions are bounds to arise and I am not against it. You guys can have your say. Infact, I already forsee a trolling battle breaking out here between La liga and the EPL during and after the Sevilla-Man Utd game. It's okay since it is happening today. But let us not overdo it since we also have threads created specially for these.

On UCL nights, same thing but again try to keep things to a minimum when necessary. I trust we all are matured enough to do that.

The fact it is the "in-thing" doesn't mean we should derail as we like. The in-thing now is even BBN, but it is not being brought here anyhow. We have a thread for that.

And again... most times when you guys discuss, You "Euro club fans" turn the thread into a Euro clubs banter house and that shouldn't be so. You guys are always measuring each other's dicks on whose club got the biggest dicks. You should keep that to a minimum. That is the point! Merci.

Please let this matter dir here

To each his own

Let anybody that feels like reporting do so

I am not holding your hands or buying data for you guys

All these Euro talk will die naturally after UEFA end but una no wan hear...then you guys can go and report

My last response on this sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
mostob:
Ladies and gentlemen. .
With the rising performance of all eligible NAIJA players currently, if I say we can comfortably partake in 3 concurrent tournaments and still perform excellently, am I on track or should I CALM DOWN?
you re on track

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
elunico:

I don't like this. There's a history of players leaving their team in bad blood and have amounted to nothing ever since.
Exactly bro... now if the transfer fails, the club will lose trust in him and refuse to play him again. I fear for what will then happen next.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
mostob:
Exactly bro... now if the transfer fails, the club will lose trust in him and refuse to play him again. I fear for what will then happen next.

Who are his advisers for God's sake? They might just ruin this lad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... This is him now.... Just glad Rohr has his eyes on him already.

He's not born in Nigeria, yeah?

If he were, people got don dey scream he's 25.

smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
1realBobby:
Put this PSG team in the EPL, and watch them win the league back to back... Bayern would win the EPL 5 times in a row

They will win the prrmier league back to back just like that?
Just because they made the champions league semi final for the first time since God knows when?
The joke is on you jefe...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Na wa o ..

He should take it easy o..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
mostob:
Ladies and gentlemen. .

3?

Calm down

(1) (2) (3) ... (9261) (9262) (9263) (9264) (9265) (9266) (9267) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), femicyrus(m), maidaboi(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.