Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,255 members, 7,864,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11952134 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9258) (9259) (9260) (9261) (9262) (9263) (9264) ... (16369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2020
Eizzy003:
Please which of you have info about the nairaland FPL

Go to eurosoccer section.

The thread is pinned to the first page
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2020
Eizzy003:
Please which of you have info about the nairaland FPL

Go to the Chelsea thread and ask of Ibime

They are registering for the new season atm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Man city spent almost a billion in 3 years and city fans would still say they don't spend big. Don't forget city never sold a player for a high amount compared to the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool.

Cc goodjoe

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2020
2 champions league courtesy of arguably the greatest midfield ever assembled. Honestly, his teams at Bayern and now at Man City have been largely underwhelming in the champions league. That's my point. Fair enough we can't take away those two champions league from him. You do need very good players to win. So if you win with a team perhaps consisting of multiple generational talents, how about you do it with a fairly talented side against Lyon? I have been on the fence on this "Guardiola is a fraud thing" grin but now i do think he's is a tad overrated.
andrewbaba44:

He has 2 champions league and many achievement ,many coaches will pray to have what he has achieve and they might not have it till they end their coaching career so it’s painful cheesy

It’s not easy to use the goat to win the champions league as you have seen how Barca could not utilize that since ,take a clue from last season bottling

Guardiola has 2 champions league and you can’t take it away from him

All English teams are out just as the Spanish so there will be no noise grin

Come next season laliga will still be rated the best league in the world

Nobody should come and insult the French league here anymore ,as a 7th place team from France best one of the most feared English team grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
2 champions league courtesy of arguably the greatest midfield ever assembled. Honestly, his teams at Bayern and now at Man City have been largely underwhelming in the champions league. That's my point. Fair enough we can't take away those two champions league from him. You do need very good players to win. So if you win with a team perhaps consisting of multiple generational talents, how about you do it with a fairly talented side against Lyon? I have been on the fence on this "Guardiola is a fraud thing" grin but now i do think he's is a tad overrated.

You can’t take away his 2 champions league from him and you can’t remove him from one of the greatest ever only behind sir Alex Ferguson

Deal with that

He is better than your favorites grin

And lastly your favorites might never have his achievement ,maybe that’s why you guys are pained cheesy

I told you guys to troll Guardiola as you like ,don’t edit for ucl as he ain’t going to win It even thou I am supporting it

He is a fraud but e Dey mentor your favorite coaches and they are dying to achieve what he has achieve in the game cheesy

Una go tire then una go find another thing

You can troll the good joe and not me grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Well it his team was quite inferior to Enrique's but you can equally say he bottled it. grin. Nobody places Velverde in Guardiola's class anyway.
andrewbaba44:

What about velverde that was close last season after Beating Liverpool 3-0 in the first leg semi finals ?

The goat was on fire last season that he had to take the ballon d or
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
Well it his team was quite inferior to Enrique's but you can equally say he bottled it. grin. Nobody places Velverde in Guardiola's class anyway.

Valverde is better than Guardiola because he is no fraud like Guardiola grin

Maybe I need new lines of the fraudiola trolling cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2020
I am sorry Man, you just mentioned my favourite, Sir Alex. You don forget say i be Man Utd fan. It's a good thing with all you failings you recognize greatness. Good thing. grin. He's definitely second behind Sir Alex for the number of major trophies won. But we can fairly say his first few were handed to him on a platter. For the others he kind of bought them. grin
andrewbaba44:

You can’t take away his 2 champions league from him and you can’t remove him from one of the greatest ever only behind sir Alex Ferguson

Deal with that

And lastly you favorites might never have his achievement ,maybe that’s why you guys are pained cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:29am On Aug 16, 2020
I think that fraud thing is kind of a banter. I won't call him a fraud. But is he overrated? Yeah, a little. That's not too much to say, abi? grin
andrewbaba44:

Valverde is better than Guardiola because he is no fraud like Guardiola grin

Maybe I need new lines of the fraudiola trolling cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:30am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
I think that fraud thing is kind of a banter. I won't call him a fraud. But is he overrated? Yeah, a little. That's not too much to say, abi? grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
I am sorry Man, you just mentioned my favourite, Sir Alex. You don forget say i be Man Utd fan. It's a good thing with all you failings you recognize greatness. Good thing. grin. He's definitely second behind Sir Alex for the number of major trophies won. But we can fairly say his first few were handed to him on a platter. For the others he kind of bought them. grin

You for kuku no rate Ferguson and said he should have gone outside united to win others trophies

If you are big you are big bro

Which failings again bros ? I am not bias with my judgement

Those people trolling Guardiola should come here and tell me their coach is greater than pep grin

Guardiola is only rated behind sir Alex Ferguson and that’s the fact grin

Fraudiola #

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:40am On Aug 16, 2020
If i care about this moving thing, Messi shouldn't be my GOAT. I mean if you treat me well, and i am fairly content why won't i stay? When i no be Olosho like Ronaldo. grin. That "failngs" comment na joke i beg. We all have our shortcoming. grin
andrewbaba44:

You for kuku no rate Ferguson and said he should have gone outside united to win others trophies

If you are big you are big bro

Which failings again bros ? I am not bias with my judgement

Those people trolling Guardiola should come here and tell me their coach is greater than pep grin

Guardiola is only rated behind sir Alex Ferguson and that’s the fact grin

Fraudiola #
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
If i care about this moving thing, Messi shouldn't be my GOAT. I mean if you treat me well, and i am fairly content why won't i stay? When i no be Olosho like Ronaldo. grin. That "failngs" comment na joke i beg. We all have our shortcoming. grin

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Samuel Chukwueze can go to Barcelona now. The reason is that Barca is in A revolution and they will want young and cheap players and he fits the bill.
They are in a situation in whuch they have to go back to the grassroots (maybe la masia) and sell their stars. Samuel Chukwueze could be an option as he is young and has some la liga experience and he is relatively cheap and they can easily mould him

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Philosopher1979:
Samuel Chukwueze can go to Barcelona now. The reason is that Barca is in A revolution and they will want young and cheap players and he fits the bill.
They are in a situation in whuch they have to go back to the grassroots (maybe la masia) and sell their stars. Samuel Chukwueze could be an option as he is young and has some la liga experience and he is relatively cheap and they can easily mould him

With Dembele in the team?

Dembele is injury prone, yes, but he's adamant on not leaving either.

Samu is also playing from the right, Messi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:

The way you people dey take share this "overrated" tag.

He's the most decorated manager in Europe, probably the world, but he's overrated.

That's right....

Messi is overrated for not leaving la liga also, he's overrated for not winning with Argentina.

De Lima is overrated for not winning UCL also.

Bla bla bla.

Make we hear word biko.

He's overrated, yet, all of your clubs would scramble to sign him the moment he's up for grabs.

Overrated indeed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
barackodam:

The way you people dey take share this "overrated" tag.

He's the most decorated manager in Europe, probably the world, but he's overrated.

That's right....

Messi is overrated for not leaving la liga also, he's overrated for not winning with Argentina.

De Lima is overrated for not winning UCL also.

Bla bla bla.

Make we hear word biko.

He's overrated, yet, all of your clubs would scramble to sign him the moment he's up for grabs.

Overrated indeed

They are just trolling bro

They all know the truth on their minds
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Philosopher1979:

But Barca will make an offer first before you can say if he should go there or not

And there is a trinaco and Ansu fati any reasonable coach will be willing to give a chance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Deal with that

And lastly your favorites might never have his achievement ,maybe that’s why you guys are pained cheesy

I told you guys to troll Guardiola as you like ,don’t edit for ucl as he ain’t going to win It even thou I am supporting it

He is a fraud but e Dey mentor your favorite coaches and they are dying to achieve what he has achieve in the game cheesy

Una go tire then una go find another thing

You can troll the good joe and not me grin

lmao. he's not mentoring anybody. he and Hushpuppi are in the same business. he's clearly a fraud

pep can never win the UCL with the Porto and inter team Mourinho used
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Olulong:

lmao. he's not mentoring anybody. he and Hushpuppi are in the same business. he's clearly a fraud

Dry troll

Learn from blueelf grin

Fraudiola #
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
Excuses upon excuses. If you had played your normal game? Man, where do you come from en? What does that even mean? You got undone by a less talented Lyon team. Such an overrated gaffer in Guardiola. He was handed a fairly easy match up and he fumbled it. Shaking my head at your unnecessary attention to details.

I think misconception is regular when it concerns my comments. Maybe due to ideas people have created around me.

I am proud of Lyon. I have loved them since the time of Ben Arfa and Benzema. For Christ sake, even though we lost, there is a big part of joy for them too.

I also am a huge fan of Rudi Garcia from when he was coaching Hazard and Gervinho in Lille. So I am okay losing.

I also believe Guardiola made a big mess of the Match because he has made us a fan of playing on the full offensive. We have literally done it all the time he was here.

Why he tinkered with the formation to play 3 central defenders and two dmfs remains a mystery and disappointing.

For that alone, I think we deserve to lose the game to kill that orientation growing in his mind.

My take, Guardiola was scared of Bayern Munich after they destroyed his beloved Barcelona in such manner. The last thing he wanted was to get something similar and was testing a defensive tweak he would approach the Bayern game and it backfired.

So I am not bitter that we lost. I am bitter that the referee and VAR officials decided to carryout such a corrupt act by allowing an illegitimate goal stand.

This needs to stop because it is ruining the beauty of the game. The target of Manchester City needs to stop. It is so unfair.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edopesin:
It's been a while but I have finally forgiven him

so you held a grudge for a decade?

Oboy your own strong sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edopesin:

As if you will win the World Cup if he had score that goal

Don’t be surprise to loose that game if he had scored ,because the game will be different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edopesin:

Yakubus blood doing the lords work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Blueelf:
thegoodjoe dey disappoint me sha

Your arguments are illogical and lack validity upon close scrutiny

Chai, i didn't know you'll stoop so low as to entertain thoughts of conspiracy bodering on unintelligent conclusions

Once again, I am disappointed..but what can one expect from a fanboy of fraudiola

Take a cue from andrewbaba44 and take your L in peace, suck it up and move on.

Nobody likes crybabies

Shebi your entertaining football has brought you one carling cup after spending huge on transfers grin grin

You're lucky you didn't go trophyless cheesy

Abi, EPL has an agenda against City too

You must be the most delusional sports fan on Nairaland now

Argue with me and expect more killshots

angry angry angry angry

My point is simple. The blatant cheating of Manchester City needs to stop.

We get repeated illegitimate calls that we Manchester City fans are used to it. We expect it most time and it is a dent to the football game.

From a penalty given for a tackle outside the box (Demichelis vs Messi)
Llorente Handball goal allowed.
Son offside goal allowed
Fabinho goal after a clear handball from Trent Arnold
Yesterday, a clear offside interference and foul but the goal stood.
An illegal ban from the champions league by UEFA.

All these against one club and you call it excuses?

That is unfair and makes wonder why people are quick to support injustice against others.

This is unfair and needs to stop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
I tell people and I repeat. I am first a football fan before a Manchester City fan. Guardiola opting for a defensive tweak was something that should never happen again.

I have made my stance against it clear and for the sake of football, I am glad we lost.

Guardiola is an icon of possessive attacking football and should kill the fear of losing to adopt a defensive approach.

I want us playing an all or nothing game always. So please the idea of me giving excuses we lost is not valid because that is not my position at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingphilip:
so you held a grudge for a decade?
Oboy your own strong sha
You'd have probably gotten the joke if I had added the laughing emoji
my bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
I hate cheating so much and detest the way Manchester City is being treated unfairly by UEFA. It is clear. You can even see clubs coming together to write to UEFA to support their corruption against City.

People cheered the unfair ban of Manchester City. This is due to their hatred of the club.

What has City done wrong? We pay clubs above fair prices for their players. We develop kids and send them off as quality players to have better life. We carryout charity programs. Develop the community and even help bail a bank during the financial crisis.

We are not in debt like other clubs. We inject money into football while other clubs take out from the clubs.

Even if you hate City, you should hate injustice.

My point is simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Who was the ref in that City match and more annoying who was the VAR ref angry angry angry
Dembele fouled Laporte, Ekambi stepped over a ball in the offside position and with VAR the blind bats failed to see what was wrong in the move to the 3rd goal!
This is preposterous and clearly shows that UEFA is using and will continue to use VAR to favour teams of its choice all in the name of money.
Its such a sad quarter final horrible refereeing which makes a complete shambolic use of VAR. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
To be honest, from the moment I saw your midfield three of Gundogan, Fernandinho and Rodri coupled with De Bruyne being played further forward as RW, I asked myself if Pep came to defend as well. Lol

It is the weirdest midfield three I have ever seen him use in a long while.

Anyway, it is what it is and he lost kinda deservedly b'cos Lyon gave as good they got. Meanwhile find some hot cane for Sterling.

TheGoodJoe:

I think misconception is regular when it concerns my comments. Maybe due to ideas people have created around me.

I am proud of Lyon. I have loved them since the time of Ben Arfa and Benzema. For Christ sake, even though we lost, there is a big part of joy for them too.

I also am a huge fan of Rudi Garcia from when he was coaching Hazard and Gervinho in Lille. So I am okay losing.

I also believe Guardiola made a big mess of the Match because he has made us a fan of playing on the full offensive. We have literally done it all the time he was here.

Why he tinkered with the formation to play 3 central defenders and two dmfs remains a mystery and disappointing.

For that alone, I think we deserve to lose the game to kill that orientation growing in his mind.

My take, Guardiola was scared of Bayern Munich after they destroyed his beloved Barcelona in such manner. The last thing he wanted was to get something similar and was testing a defensive tweak he would approach the Bayern game and it backfired.

So I am not bitter that we lost. I am bitter that the referee and VAR officials decided to carryout such a corrupt act by allowing an illegitimate goal stand.

This needs to stop because it is ruining the beauty of the game. The target of Manchester City needs to stop. It is so unfair.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Eddie Newton Trabzonspor interested in Ejaria

Sauce: fotospor.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
The question is why would UEFA be out to get Man City?
City were just unfortunate nothing more, if Sterling had buried that equalizer it would have been a totally different story and the game could have gone either way

(1) (2) (3) ... (9258) (9259) (9260) (9261) (9262) (9263) (9264) ... (16369) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 123jamessmith, omotems, Napoleon55(m), TheGoodJoe(m), daveP(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.