Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,105 members, 7,867,176 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966798 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9260) (9261) (9262) (9263) (9264) (9265) (9266) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
@TheGoodJoe, ofcourse i don't think you are joking. Hold onto your offensive/possessive strategy, while others hold onto their defensive strategy. And don't tell us the former is superior to the latter, that's what i have a problem with, cos the only sure way to measure superiority, which could be momentary, is by winning. So from time to time if a less talented defensive team beats a far more talented offensive team i'll bring it to your notice. grin. I think we should just leave it here. One policeman is roaming the area. grin. He says we are derailing the thread and that's well taken.
TheGoodJoe:

The problem is that you think I am joking or playing games. I love City but I believe in playing football the possessive and offensive way. One person that increased my belief in it is Guardiola. I want him not to have that mentality.

So losing is taking in good faith. If we learn from it, it is a win situation.

Consoled with the fact that Rudi Garcia is going to the semi finals. Also Lyon. Not all that a sad story for me a footie fan.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Reading coach, Mark Bowen when asked if Fenerbahçe will sign his striker, Puscas, "I don't think Puscas will go anywhere, he will stay with us. You have already written that Fenerbahçe will loan Iheanacho".

According to Digisport, Fenerbahce will receive 16M for Muriq from Lazio then pay 12M to loan Iheanacho for 2 seasons, paying 50% of his wages.

It's still not clear how this will be done with Iheanacho's contract expiring in 2 years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
This Edo man, you too allow now. You dey add petrol to the fire. Before you encourage am, you first put sand for him eyes. Typical Nigerian man. cheesy
Edopesin:

cheesy
Lmao if you don't know what to say kindly keep mute and let the smart ones converse and argue instead of picking quarrel every now and then na

I'm not against your reporting though, more power to your elbow cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
Excellent point. I'll admit i am culprit as well grin. But you too post content na, we go comment. But honestly we are not discussing the NPFL cos it's quite substandard. Sad but true. We'll do better. Calm down. grin.

It doesn't matter whether NPFL is substandard or not the thread has to be respected.

Isnt it funny how we criticize our leaders for not doing well but at the same time couldn't keep simple rules....lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Very true. We do need each other don't we? Some of us have to bring the others to order. cheesy
IDENNAA:

It doesn't matter whether NPFL is substandard or not the thread has to be respected.

Isnt it funny how we criticize our leaders for not doing well but at the same time couldn't keep simple rules....lol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
IDENNAA:

Again , for the last time ,keep quiet! You can keep your conversation but when you quote me try to sound like a proper human....otherwise , keep quiet!
grin
Ok sir I'm sorry for sounding like an improper human

[s]resists the urge to say take your own advice[/s]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Gaziantep have started negotiations to make Olarenwaju Kayode's deal permanent. The 27 year old who is on loan from Shakhtar enjoyed his best season in 3 years, scoring 10 goals and supplying 6 assists.

According to Fanatik, Goztepe are now favourites to sign Kayode after they progressed in talks with Shakhtar Donetsk. Goztepe wants to complete all transfer by the end of this week.

Also, Stoke City very likely will announce Mikel tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
This Edo man, you too allow now. You dey add petrol to the fire. Before you encourage am, you first put sand for him eyes. Typical Nigerian man. cheesy

he has a point now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
19 year old Tolu Arokodare has been voted by fans and journalists as the best player in the Latvian league for the month of July.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
JayromWrites:

Lyon Won the game because they were the better team

Nobody asked Sterling to goofed
Or Gabriel to take the Tammy's challenge serious
Or for Ederson to turn into prime Karius

Lyon for the first 30 minutes were better and also after Man city equalized, Lyon came out to play

Football is not all about possession mbok

Put the ball in d fucking net

Leicester city got beat by League 2 Newport in the FA cup did that make Newport a better team.

MK Dons then in league one beat Manchester United well actually flogged them did that make them a better team.

AFC Wimbledon beat West Ham 4-2 last year did that make them a better team.

In a single leg cup game if you don't play well you loose. You do not get the opportunity to correct your mistakes and recover.

City lost the game from a very dubious offside foul goal and a very uncharacteristic goal keeping error. But all that, does not cover the fact City played poorly and had their strategy very wrong.

Lyon won the game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
19 year old Tolu Arokodare has been voted by fans and journalists as the best player in the Latvian league for the month of July.

Well deserved
14 goals and 2 assists in 14 matches

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
Very true. We do need each other don't we? Some of us have to bring the others to order. cheesy

At least , we still have sensible people around. Not some inferior minded eeidiot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
IDENNAA:
Any other European nonsense I will report the person and have the post deleted and poster banned.

Take your European football madness to your clubs thread.

Again , this thread is strictly for Nigeria football including the NPFL.
I love our local league but we rarely discuss it but every ffuckung day we read Messi , Guadiola or Ronaldo ad though they are Nigerians our have Nigeria players/ team mates. It's shows the depth of our inability to follow instructions and set rules.

Your perception is not fact.

This thread is primarily about the SE and where do 100% of our players play and where will 99% of our players recruited to play in the SE, come from ❓.

We have not in the last 2/3 decades ever had any significant number of local based players in the SE.

So you are effectively talking a load of Balderdash.

If you want to talk about the NPFL go and start a discussion thread to do that, but don't enforce a pack of untruths, misinformation and disinformation, to promote your own SELF- BIRTHED AGENDA.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Edopesin:

Well deserved 14 goals and 2 assists in 14 matches
Haaland-esque stats tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
@TheGoodJoe, ofcourse i don't think you are joking. Hold onto your offensive/possessive strategy, while others hold onto their defensive strategy. And don't tell us the former is superior to the latter, that's what i have a problem with, cos the only sure way to measure superiority, which could be momentary, is by winning. So from time to time if a less talented defensive team beats a far more talented offensive team i'll bring it to your notice. grin. I think we should just leave it here. One policeman is roaming the area. grin. He says we are derailing the thread and that's well taken.

Over the years, for decades, the most successful teams are the possessive - offensive ones. From National to club football. If winning is what you want to use as yardstick, you have your answer.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Odunayaw:
Haaland-esque stats tongue
True and he's younger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am watching Inter Milan vs Rennes U19.

There is a Nigerian player running the midfield looks promising his name is Ugochukwu.

If l was oyibo I would feel a bit peeved because apart from the goalkeeper for Rennes all the players are African origin.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
IDENNAA:

I have sent messages and I hope the moderator restores order. Most of these guys don't even know the current NPFL Champions but it's ok. The problem, however is when their debates derails this thread. Let them go to their threads, full stop

Please report me to the mods

I'm begging you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
IDENNAA:
Any other European nonsense I will report the person and have the post deleted and poster banned.

Take your European football madness to your clubs thread.

Again , this thread is strictly for Nigeria football including the NPFL. I love our local league but we rarely discuss it but every ffuckung day we read Messi , Guadiola or Ronaldo ad though they are Nigerians our have Nigeria players/ team mates. It's shows the depth of our inability to follow instructions and set rules.

Again please report me to the mods

Cc thesupernerd

I beg y'all to report me

There's a thin line when discussing soccer

And right now, the biggest competition Jn world football is taking .place with huge surprises turning out, yet we should keep mute?

I'm in a bad mood today and any slowpoke that pomes me will have an earful

Please report me..

In fact, come to my house and seize all my gadgets and routers

Nonsense angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Yes. Rohr knows about this one and I have mentioned him before. He is Lesley Ugochukwu. Signed a pro contract with Rennes just recently. A ball playing CDM likened to Camavinga in some aspects.

komekn:

There is a Nigerian player running the midfield looks promising his name is Ugochukwu.

If l was oyibo I would feel a bit peeved because apart from the goalkeeper for Rennes all the players are African origin.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why are you hyperventilating? Today is Europa league Matchday so what's the deal? Others saw it and understood but you are screaming. Na wa for you. Lollll grin

Blueelf:

Cc thesupernerd

I beg y'all to report me

And right now, the biggest competition Jn world football is taking .place with huge surprises turning out, yet we should keep mute?

Please report me..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Why are you hyperventilating? Today is Europa league Matchday so what's the deal? Others saw it and understood but you are screaming. Na wa for you. Lollll grin

Bro, no be like that Jo

This is a football thread and it is fin to banter each other and discuss issues affecting UEFA clubs

How many of us don't wish our players play in the champions league?

You self, see it from our point of view

But resorting to empty and childish threats is what I won't take from anyone

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
komekn:

Ugo is a baller

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Reading coach, Mark Bowen when asked if Fenerbahçe will sign his striker, Puscas, "I don't think Puscas will go anywhere, he will stay with us. You have already written that Fenerbahçe will loan Iheanacho".

According to Digisport, Fenerbahce will receive 16M for Muriq from Lazio then pay 12M to loan Iheanacho for 2 seasons, paying 50% of his wages.

It's still not clear how this will be done with Iheanacho's contract expiring in 2 years.

It's simple, Nacho signs a contract extension before the loan move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
But the matter is simple. You guys keep derailing and overderailing. No one says dont discuss European club football but you should be matured enough to know when to end it and draw the line. At the end of it all, This is the Super Eagles thread.

We have other Euro clubs threads on NL if you want to extend the European football discussions for days. That is the point.

You club fans have turned the thread into a Euro clubs banter house and that shouldn't be so. You guys are always measuring Each other's dicks on whose club got the biggest d*cks. You should keep that to a minimum. That is the point! Merci.

Blueelf:

Bro, no be like that Jo

This is a football thread and it is fin to banter each other and discuss issues affecting UEFA clubs

How many of us don't wish our players play in the champions league?

You self, see it from our point of view

But resorting to empty and childish threats is what I won't take from anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
ChrisKels:

Ugo is a baller

Lol... This is him now.... Just glad Rohr has his eyes on him already.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
But the matter is simple. You guys keep derailing and overderailing. No one says dont discuss European club football but you should be matured enough to know when to end it and draw the line. At the end of it all, This is the Super Eagles thread.

We have other Euro clubs threads on NL if you want to extend the European football discussions for days. That is the point.

See we are humans and its natural to get seduced by the spur of the moment things

When UEFA ends, things will go back to normal and I will start working on my carpentry list again grin

Its only natural for people to discuss the in-thing ..

What we should hope for is for our players to start turning out regularly for UEFA clubs

And besides I'm sure the ratio of Naija to UEFA pages on this thread is large.

Common, you guys should relax and let us enjoy this

Its not every time one sees two French and German clubs in the semi finals of UEFA champions league

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
And again you are not getting me. On UCL nights like Bayern 8-2 Barca, it is very okay to come in here and talk about it. No wahala. After that, it is buried and moved on from.

Today is Europa league night involving Man Utd and Sevilla. Discussions are bounds to arise and I am not against it. You guys can have your say. Infact, I already forsee a trolling battle breaking out here between La liga and the EPL during and after the Sevilla-Man Utd game. It's okay since it is happening today. But let us not overdo it since we also have threads created specially for these.

On UCL nights, same thing but again try to keep things to a minimum when necessary. I trust we all are matured enough to do that.

The fact it is the "in-thing" doesn't mean we should derail as we like. The in-thing now is even BBN, but it is not being brought here anyhow. We have a thread for that.

And again... most times when you guys discuss, You "Euro club fans" turn the thread into a Euro clubs banter house and that shouldn't be so. You guys are always measuring each other's dicks on whose club got the biggest dicks. You should keep that to a minimum. That is the point! Merci.

Blueelf:

See we are humans and its natural to get seduced by the spur of the moment things

When UEFA ends, things will go back to normal and I will start working on my carpentry list again grin

Its only natural for people to discuss the in-thing ..

What we should hope for is for our players to start turning out regularly for UEFA clubs

And besides I'm sure the ratio of Naija to UEFA pages on this thread is large.

Common, you guys should relax and let us enjoy this

Its not every time one sees two French and German clubs in the semi finals of UEFA champions league

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
komekn:

Your perception is not fact.

This thread is primarily about the SE and where do 100% of our players play and where will 99% of our players recruited to play in the SE, come from ❓.

We have not in the last 2/3 decades ever had any significant number of local based players in the SE.

So you are effectively talking a load of Balderdash.

If you want to talk about the NPFL go and start a discussion thread to do that, but don't enforce a pack of untruths, misinformation and disinformation, to promote your own SELF- BIRTHED AGENDA.

You wrote a multitude of nonsense like always. If what you wrote up there made sense to you then you have a deeper problem. If you want to talk about European football then I can open a thread right away and point you to it. This thread has title and so are others and if you could comprehend basic English then the rules should be clear.

And, since you want to display your stubbornness I will fix it. Always writing bunch of incomprehensible texts that never made sense.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Blueelf:

Cc thesupernerd

I beg y'all to report me

Please report me..

Its not anybody's business you are in a bad mood. Grow up and stop behaving like a child. It's ok to discuss European soccer for a minute but in past one week this place had turned into what we didnt want, a thread for European soccer. Bringing your personal issues online speaks volume....we all have problems but tone it down.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please , who is the Super Mod and how do I reach him ? I left Nigeria to hustle abroad because our leaders ran the country down but even worse are the youths. Senseless set of punks that only show their strength online.

I guess the only language a black man understands is hostility. How can a simple instruction create so much anger ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
And to be honest, it is only TheGoodJoe and to some extent, Danielnino00 who bring in quality discussions when we digress to Euro clubs football. (Icon4s and Tbaba1234 also. They are old regulars here who hardly bring in their club football discussions too but when they do, they try to keep things short and make the discussion quality. They are die-hard Arsenal fans. Let me not also forget another old regular, BascoVanVeli who is a Barca fan but most of you all just don't know b'cos he also doesn't derail with unnecessary talks about his club here. Only a few times has he mentioned his team but he has given more time to discussing Local football news from Naija here more than anyone and the rest of you Barca fans think you are more Catalan than him. Chriskels is another Barca fan but doesn't digress much to his club...although Chris gives more time to trolling Ighalo than digressing to Barca grin ).

The rest of una na just to dey troll and banter each other anyhow here as if this place na Euro Clubs beer parlour and banter house. Most of y'all discussions on Euro football is always about we are better... We had better players than you bla bla bla... Always measuring your club's dicks against each other. That is not helpful at all for this thread and it makes this place some kind of Mini-Euros club banter house.

This is the truth and I kindly suggest we try keep things along more informative and enlightening discussions even in the spirit of digression into Euro club discussions.

On Matchday, ofcos... Banter as you like but let it end that day. No need dragging it into the rest of the week on a thread that is meant for Naija Football. Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9260) (9261) (9262) (9263) (9264) (9265) (9266) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femicyrus(m), Goke7, Ikanium(m), Giv3n and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.