Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11644892 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9547) (9548) (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2020
lloydtruth:
I have a feeling that after the matches against Ivory coast and Tunisia, players like Saka and Eze will make their national team decision known.
As a result of the outcome of the matches I guess.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2020
Unnecessary indeed,

thats how people shout and complain. When a certain young and inexpeirence Enyeama was include in our WC squard then, the rest, its say is now History

bro left the guy abeg

Odunayaw:
Calling Tijani at this time just puts unnecessary pressure to "achieve" quickly on the boy's small shoulders.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2020
spot on. Azeez should have been in the main callups while frank stays with the standbys. For Tijani like you rightly said he just wants to blood in a promising young player into the national team. at the end of the day we can disagree on some names but respect the coaches decision.
BascoVanVeli:

I don't agree with Azeez not making the team but rohr is only doing for Tijani what he did for Osimhen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2020
Who else noticed this guy at Rosenberg..... Samuel...
Good winger
Always starting for Rosenberg
Been following him for the past 3years
Still, he doesn't get called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2020
sheyishemba:

Yh etebo is a CMF but he has been playing as a DMF most times for Nigeria
Nigeria only had a Good CMF in aribo see his crazy runs to the box ....why would rohr drop azzez the dude had an assist in last match against Lesotho
His overall performance was still good.... Why tijani or frank over azzez A danish player over LA Liga player. Thats really unfair.
Back to nacho...nacho had a good season 2019/2020 he scored 10 goals and made 4 assists in 1000+ minutes but that doesn't reduce anything from maja who had 8 goals and 3 assists with 800+ minutes he had a good Goal per minute ratio than nacho and also remember he has stamped his feet for Bordeaux this season when nacho is busy sitting on the bench.
Nice points bro. But Come to think if it. Who would you bet on to give Osimhen and Dessers a run for their money?

One of One of those two players is clearly better and experienced than the other. You know whom it is.

So if you're saying Maja should be in Nacho's place in the bid to battle Osimhen and Dessers then you're not being honest.

Its either they both make the list or Nacho beats him to it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2020
Hahahahahaha chaiii,
Nne you ehn, biko sorry for Tijani ooo,

kaii Snap and go home, las las the pic will be gracing +nsta, Twitter, Fb, and Snapchat

trust you are doig greatm been a while

safarigirl:

Somebody that will come and snap picture and go back home. Who dey pressure am?

Which small shoulders he get? No be the one wey I dey see so? E small reach Ansu Fati own? Which kain talk be this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:
Good winger
are u his agent ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:
Good winger
Haven't you realized that at this era of Nigerian football there will surely be those doing well but yet to be called up.

Talent too much na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
spot on. Azeez should have been in the main callups while frank stays with the standbys. For Tijani like you rightly said he just wants to blood in a promising young player into the national team. at the end of the day we can disagree on some names but respect the coaches decision.
what's TJs Position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2020
seankafor:
aforbear was right when he called most guys here beer parlour analysts embarassed
Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:
Good winger

Samuel Adegbenro is this ur nairaland moniker, confess now before I find out myself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2020
temi1290:

Samuel Adegbenro is this ur nairaland moniker, confess now before I find out myself
cheesy You wan catch your guy for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2020
DM but can play CMD. he's not the finished article but sometimes it's good to get promising talented players early into the national team.

MetalJigsaw:
what's TJs Position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:39am On Sep 22, 2020
let them be. they have had to endure Uzoho and Akpeyi's strong face for sometime so a little eye candy won't kill grin

safarigirl:
Meanwhile, Naija girls have discovered Okoye

They are sexualizing ya boy on Twitter grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2020
temi1290:

grin Yes sir... I want to play for the super eagles.... Please tell Rohr about me

On on a serious note, it's time that guy gets called up....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2020
Thank you.

As already mentioned in some of my previous posts. Tobias didn't make the list b'cos he withdrew from the squad for some reasons of doubt. He told the coach he feels he isn't ready yet to commit at senior level.

On Ehizibue, he had passport issues no thanks to the Covid pandemic which really affected several activities and that denied him his invite. I expect he would make subsequent lists, perhaps from the November fixtures.

On Osigwe, he is decent but the younger ones called up are also decent and got really fine potentials with higher ceilings for improvement too. So that's the case here as Rohr has been monitoring these lads for a while. Some longer than others.

You are welcome. wink

solonnachi:

Good job The Supernerd. Please do you know why Tobias Lawal and Kingsley Ehizibue dropped? Why is Sebastian Osigwe not even considered for SE? Is he that bad?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2020
Well, for me, it is a fair list considering that it is for the two friendlies.

Good also to note that the new invitees are mostly young players. Way to go for Sustainability.

On Samson Tijani, well, it may seem too early for his invite but I must also say that Tijani is a huge potential. His style of play at that U17 was ahead of his age. Well I am not too surprised about his invite. Rohr knows best.

Some have complained about Azeez being put on standby rather than making the main squad. This is just a friendly. Some older players had to be put aside so as to able to accommodate the new invites. Azeez will likely make the AFCON qualifiers squad.

For the Goalies section, hmmm......I don't see Okoye as much of a good goalie. A Chance for Alampasu to prove his worth. Yakubu also has a chance if he can live up to expectations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
DM but can play CMD. he's not the finished article but sometimes it's good to get promising talented players early into the national team.

His club ?.. Sorry I'd have checked google but for bad network.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2020
geonyte:
are u his agent ?

Nope

I think he deserves a chance too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2020
No pressure. There is a plan in place as Osimhen also got this privilege before he rose to become the Linchpin and top talisman he now is.

Odunayaw:
Calling Tijani at this time just puts unnecessary pressure to "achieve" quickly on the boy's small shoulders.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

This is not about Zuby but about an ineffectual midfielder in our fold. Ndidi must go !
Go where? Are you serious?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2020
he's signed to RB Salzburg but currently on loan to fellow Austrian Bundesliga side Hartberg.
MetalJigsaw:
His club ?.. Sorry I'd have checked google but for bad network.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

grin Yes sir... I want to play for the super eagles.... Please tell Rohr about me

On on a serious note, it's time that guy gets called up....

With the current wingers Nigeria parades, Samuel will have to do a lot e.g moving to a descent team in a top league before he can get a call up.So brotherly,perish that thought
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:00am On Sep 22, 2020
Subzero47:

You should actually put Azubuike on fraud watch because he rarely starts for his club nowadays

Istanbul Bathsheba grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2020
Ramon Azeez should have made the main list and not the stand by list, the Super Eagles are playing two friendly matches and have the opportunity to substitute 7 players in each match, so I don't see the reason Azeez not making the main list.

The current Super Eagles team have little creativity or no creativity in the midfield aside Iwobi, so Azeez who is a CMF in the La Liga should have made the main list to supplement Iwobi's creativity in the midfield.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

Sorry , best tackler and blocker. Never the best DM. If he was the best why aren't top clubs tabling offers for him. Ndidi is a center back but you will learn soon....bobos wey go ball put sand for him eye don dey show small small. Ndidi is stifling our midfield flow. Nigga can't ball !
is he that bad Seriously??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 11:03am On Sep 22, 2020
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze has been named to the La Liga Team of the Week by Whoscored.com following the conclusion of the matchday two fixtures.

The Super Eagles star impressed as the Yellow Submarine registered their first win of the season, beating SD Eibar 2-1 with the number 11 providing an assist for the equaliser netted by Gerard Moreno.

In a 4-4-2 formation, Chukwueze lined up alongside William Carvalho (Real Betis), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad) and Darwin Machis (Granada) in midfield.

The Diamond Academy product completed three take-ons against Eibar, a joint game high figure along with Moreno; made three key passes; played two shots none of which hit the target.

He managed one tackle over the course of 85 minutes he spent on the pitch and was accurate in 63.6 percent of his passes; won one aerial duel and made 39 touches.

Chukwueze is in line to be named in the Nigeria squad for their upcoming friendlies against Ivory and Coast in Austria next month.

Igho Kingsley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
he's signed to RB Salzburg but currently on loan to fellow Austrian Bundesliga side Hartberg.
Then he's really a green horn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2020
Naija Players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - Sept.22

UCL Qualifying Playoffs - 1st leg

Peter Olayinka (Slavia Prague) vs FC Midtjylland - Home game.

Frank Onyeka, *Ayo Simon Okosun (FC Midtjylland) vs Slavia Prague - Away game.

Karim Adeyemi (RB Salzburg) vs Maccabi Tell Aviv - Away game.

Anderson Esiti (PAOK Saloniki) vs FK Krasnodar - Away game.

Slovakian Fortuna Super Liga

Matthew Yakubu, GK (SKF Sered) vs AS Trencin - Home game.

Philip Azango, Reuben Yem, Ahmad Ghali, Abdul Zubairu (AS Trencin) vs SKF Sered - Away game.

English League (Carabao) Cup - 3rd Round

*Semi Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion) vs Brentford - Home game.

Tom Dele-Bashiru (Watford) vs Newport - Away game.

Odion Jude Ighalo (Manchester Utd) vs Luton Town - Away game.

EFL Trophy - Group stage

Emeka Obi, Viv Solomon Otabor (Wigan) vs Liverpool U-21s

Czech Cup - 2nd round

Ubong Moses Ekpai, Fortune Akpan Bassey (Dynamo CB) vs Baník Sous - Away game.

Bonus:

China - CSL

*Obafemi Martins (Wuhan Zall FC) vs C.D. Lifan FC - Away game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2020
Dailymail reporting that Fulham are interested in Ademola Lookman of RB Leipzig. Looking to bring him in on loan with an option to buy.

Time will tell if it pans out right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2020
Speaking of Creativity, you guys should relax.

Aside Iwobi, we also have an Iheanacho who can play behind the striker and I am hoping Rohr can try that at some point during any of the two friendlies.

Also, our creativity won't rest on Iwobi alone, we also have Chukwueze, Kalu and Ejuke in the team who are creative attacking wingers. If you saw our games against Ukraine and against Brazil, we troubled those teams more through the wings. Aribo's first NT goal especially came about by the creative genius of Samuel Kalu. Never forget that!

Ejaria coming in will give us more creative options but his papers are still with FIFA for now. His process is close to being wrapped up but right now, we wait.

Additionally, Jordan's and Akpoguma's papers are also still with FIFA so their debuts for us will come a little later only after their Switch is done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
but but calling Alampasu is not sentiments grin

guy just unlook it doesn't worth it

Who should be called ahead of Alampasu?

Is it Okoye that played in the third tiers of Bundesliga?

You better begin to reason well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9547) (9548) (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m), ddone and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.