Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643551 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

While Okoye was playing in the German third tier,where was Alampasu? undecided

Why don't you Google and stop asking silly question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
just free him when it's his favorite player he cooks up all sort of funny excuses

Free yourself from prejudice before you advice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
Icon4s:
Well, for me, it is a fair list considering that it is for the two friendlies.

Good also to note that the new invitees are mostly young players. Way to go for Sustainability.

On Samson Tijani, well, it may seem too early for his invite but I must also say that Tijani is a huge potential. His style of play at that U17 was ahead of his age. Well I am not too surprised about his invite. Rohr knows best.

Some have complained about Azeez being put on standby rather than making the main squad. This is just a friendly. Some older players had to be put aside so as to able to accommodate the new invites. Azeez will likely make the AFCON qualifiers squad.

For the Goalies section, hmmm......I don't see Okoye as much of a good goalie. A Chance for Alampasu to prove his worth. Yakubu also has a chance if he can live up to expectations.
My grouse is that I don't see John Ogu, Ogenyi, ajagun, azubuike, the hot striker in Turkey on the list. No local player ke, when rabiu mohammed, that kano pillars striker that went for confederate cup are still playing. What about Sokari, ezekiel ajayi, the guy in cadiz, and even the oga patapata of them all, the one and only Obagoal the weapon of mass destruction who is on a mission to destroy covid 19 in wuhan. This list get as e be joor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
he managed on the list because he's a future prospect who was involved with a bundesliga team and is now in the dutch top tier.

I like the way the way you are displaying energy for Okoye now but when Keshi called Alampasu to CHAN camp in early 2014 despite the fact that he hadn't signed a professional contract with any team i didn't see all this your ginger then please tell us why?

forgiveness:

He just moved to the Dutch first division this season and he has not played a single match in the league.

Okoye played in the third tier league of German football.

How manage is he on the list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
take the log of wood out of your eye first before removing the speck from others

forgiveness:

Free yourself from prejudice before you advice

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
grin

AndSunGorilla:

My grouse is that I don't see John Ogu, Ogenyi, ajagun, azubuike, the hot striker in Turkey on the list. No local player ke, when rabiu mohammed, that kano pillars striker that went for confederate cup are still playing. What about Sokari, ezekiel ajayi, the guy in cadiz, and even the oga patapata of them all, the one and only Obagoal the weapon of mass destruction who is on a mission to destroy covid 19 in wuhan. This list get as e be joor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
safarigirl:

Somebody that will come and snap picture and go back home. Who dey pressure am?

Which small shoulders he get? No be the one wey I dey see so? E small reach Ansu Fati own? Which kain talk be this?
Toh, I don hear grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

Who should Adegbenro replace on the list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

Why don't you Google and stop asking silly question?

He was warming the bench in Portugal...after which he he was clubless before moving to Latvia..
Tell me why he should have been called up ahead of Okoye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
mostob:
Seriously, oya tell us one winger from our current squad that Adegbenro is better than.
It is your argument that is baseless considering players like Maja, Henry, Okereke and Dennis were left out.
If your Adegbenro want to get call up,he should move to a decent league.

You hardly follow this guy up

The guy is good abeg

Hardly gets sub in Rosenberg

Yes, they were left out because Rohr wants to try new guys

Or you think if a competition like the AFCON Is on ,Rohr would leave these guys you mentioned?

Not that this guys are even superb..... Even Henry hasn't found that playing rhythm he once had

So, Rohr should look into calling Samuel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
take the log of wood out of your eye first before removing the speck from others

He can't do that...

He obviously doesn't have the guts to..

The other day she was telling somebody to admit his mistake and move on grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
do4luv14:

And Tijan was shinning shoes in the north, then went to Europe, to goan sidon look ba

What is this one saying?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

He has always been sentimental in selection is a statement of fact.

I was waiting to see how he wants to drop Alampasu.

I have forgotten we hired a robot as coach, not a human being with feelings.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
mostob:
Onyekuru sef never get call up ,na Adegbenro go con get call up. grin

Wetin oyekuru dey play now

Person weh dey try savage him career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
England can have him wink
Subzero47:
Jordan Ibe has joined Derby from Bournemouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

Who should Adegbenro replace on the list?

Nobody is replacing nobody

Try the young man out

Simple!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

The guy is good abeg

Or you think if a competition like the AFCON Is on ,Rohr would leave these guys you mentioned?

If you are just agent,friend or relative,just say it and save us the stress..

Adegbenro has been mentioned here several times before, especially when he played in the UCL.. but he is a winger.. we are currently not short of options on the wing..
If he was an attacking midfielder, goalkeeper,or full back,he could have gotten a call up.. but he is a winger!

Here are our available options on the wing currently:
Chukwueze
Simon
Kalu
Musa
Ejuke
Iwobi
Dennis
Onyekuru

Adegbenro isn't better than any of them...
He should move to a better league..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

The guy is good abeg

Not that this guys are even superb..... Even Henry hasn't found that playing rhythm he once had

There is a saying that form is temporary, class is permanent. If Onyekuru finally find his rhythm, we all know he is capable to give the wingers ahead a serious competition and may even displace them. Trust me, majority of us here have heard about Adegbenro. But let me be honest with you, he won't get call up from that league unless he move to a better one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Try the young man out

Simple!

It doesn't work that way... You have to drop a player to call up another player..

This coming friendly might just be the last chance to try out fresh players for a while... After that,we will be playing AFCON and world cup qualifiers! .that's serious business...
Unless Rohr is crazy,he won't jeopardize our qualification chances in the name of trying out new players..

Tell Adegbenro to move to a better league..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

The guy is good abeg

We don hear Samuel's agent
Nairaland is not a place to hype mediocre players
Next time go on twitter to hype your client.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
but but calling Alampasu is not sentiments grin

guy just unlook it doesn't worth it

You de mind that your friend?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Wetin oyekuru dey play now

Person weh dey try savage him career
Even , with him trying to savage him career, Monaco still retain him. Despite all the hype by you, why can't the world class Adegbenro get interest from better clubs from better leagues? Zaidu, Ejuke, Victor, Dessrs, Odey to mention few all move to new club due to their past exploits.
My brother, no dey misyarn abeg.
Tell your brother to move. Naija has outgrown inviting players from backwater league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Dennis was invited at one time

Rosenberg isn't bad

Players that plays in Slovakia league... Belgium league... Even get called up

But you have a problem with a player that plays for Rosenberg

I don't know what the problem could be, but,I don't think it is because he plays for Rosenberg

The problem we have with him is that there are better wingers who plays in descent team in a top league are already in the team,any winger that got a call up while playing for a team that is not in the top league got it through a moment of brilliance e.g Olayinka against Inter, Dennis against Madrid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

Maybe Rohr doesn't fancy Azeez style of play...its normal.. some coaches have their preference for players..

As for Iheanacho,he is ahead of Maja in the pecking order.. The only reason Iheanacho isn't starting games for the SE is because is limited involvement at club level.. U admitted it yourself that he had a better season than Maja.. Add to the fact that he is more versatile than Maja and is also a good free kick taker...

Maja should keep doing his thing..he will get his chance soon..

I disagree with this
If rohr didnt fancy azzez why would he play him against Lesotho
A good example of players rohr didn't fancy is uche agbo rohr invited him several time but didnt give him the chance to prove himself ...
Nacho is not the best FK taker in SE
Simon moses knows how to take set piece better than him. Maja had a better season than nacho. Forget his ten goals he scored half of his goals against small teams in cup games.
With less minute and games to spare he had 8 goals and 3 assist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
grin

Danielnino00:

He can't do that...

He obviously doesn't have the guts to..

The other day she was telling somebody to admit his mistake and move on grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

If you are just agent,friend or relative,just say it and save us the stress..

Adegbenro has been mentioned here several times before, especially when he played in the UCL.. but he is a winger.. we are currently not short of options on the wing..
If he was an attacking midfielder, goalkeeper,or full back,he could have gotten a call up.. but he is a winger!

Here are our available options on the wing currently:
Chukwueze
Simon
Kalu
Musa
Ejuke
Iwobi
Dennis
Onyekuru

Adegbenro isn't better than any of them...
He should move to a better league..

I don't know y he's avoiding the subject of the argument which is 'winger'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Nice points bro. But Come to think if it. Who would you bet on to give Osimhen and Dessers a run for their money?

One of One of those two players is clearly better and experienced than the other. You know whom it is.

So if you're saying Maja should be in Nacho's place in the bid to battle Osimhen and Dessers then you're not being honest.

Its either they both make the list or Nacho beats him to it.

As far as I'm concerned maja had a better season than nacho he scored 8 goals and 3 assist with games to spare ( don't forget ligue 1season was canceled) he had best goals per minute ratio by any u-21 player in Europe top 5 league
Am not pushing maja to compete against nacho
Am pushing to compete against desser and collect his shirt he deserves to make the team ahead of nacho ....it a simple concept.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

He was warming the bench in Portugal...after which he he was clubless before moving to Latvia..
Tell me why he should have been called up ahead of Okoye

Thanks God you used the word "WAS".

The fact remains that MOVED to Latvia first division hence deserves to be ahead of Okoye who played in third tier of German league. EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Try the young man out

Simple!

How can you try him without dropping any of those players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

Thanks God you used the word "WAS".

The fact remains that MOVED to Latvia first division hence deserves to be ahead of Okoye who played in third tier of German league. EOD

Stop being ignorant
He now plays for Sparta Rotterdam in eredivise.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.