Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645272 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9548) (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2020
Jordan Ibe has joined Derby from Bournemouth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

Who should be called ahead of Alampasu?

Is it Okoye that played in the third tiers of Bundesliga?

You better begin to reason well.

You have not heard of Osigwe?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2020
temi1290:

With the current wingers Nigeria parades, Samuel will have to do a lot e.g moving to a descent team in a top league before he can get a call up.So brotherly,perish that thought

Decent team you say?

He plays for Rosenberg....

A team that plays UCL

and starts for the team too.

The goalies that got called up, plays for a lesser team in Europe as compared to what Rosenberg is.

So when you come up with a decent argument..... You can mention my moniker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2020
do4luv14:

Unnecessary indeed,

thats how people shout and complain. When a certain young and inexpeirence Enyeama was include in our WC squard then, the rest, its say is now History

bro left the guy abeg

Enyeama was regular with Enyimba as at that time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:37am On Sep 22, 2020
Subzero47:

Osigwe ought to be on the list based on his current form. If that be the case, Okoye should be dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Naija Players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - Sept.22

UCL Qualifying Playoffs - 1st leg

Peter Olayinka (Slavia Prague) vs FC Midtjylland - Home game.

Frank Onyeka, *Ayo Simon Okosun (FC Midtjylland) vs Slavia Prague - Away game.

Karim Adeyemi (RB Salzburg) vs Maccabi Tell Aviv - Away game.

Chuba Akpom (PAOK Saloniki) vs FK Krasnodar - Away game.

Slovakian Fortuna Super Liga

Matthew Yakubu, GK (SKF Sered) vs AS Trencin - Home game.

Philip Azango, Reuben Yem, Ahmad Ghali, Abdul Zubairu (AS Trencin) vs SKF Sered - Away game.

English League (Carabao) Cup - 3rd Round

*Semi Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion) vs Brentford - Home game.

Tom Dele-Bashiru (Watford) vs Newport - Away game.

Odion Jude Ighalo (Manchester Utd) vs Luton Town - Away game.

EFL Trophy - Group stage

Emeka Obi, Viv Solomon Otabor (Wigan) vs Liverpool U-21s

Czech Cup - 2nd round

Ubong Moses Ekpai, Fortune Akpan Bassey (Dynamo CB) vs Baník Sous - Away game.

Bonus:

China - CSL

*Obafemi Martins (Wuhan Zall FC) vs C.D. Lifan FC - Away game.

Thought chuba akpom is now a middleborough player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 11:39am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Decent team you say?

A team that plays UCL

The goalies that got called up, plays for a lesser team in Europe as compared to what Rosenberg is.

So are seriously comparing the goal keeping position to that of the wingers, like seriously??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2020
temi1290:

So are seriously comparing the goal keeping position to that of the wingers, like seriously??

Don't be logical with me here

Even the Lb that got called up still plays for a lesser team....

The midfielder too plays for a lesser team

Why am i even having this argument with you

Your points are baseless

Don't mention me again please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2020
Stop lying Okoye is in Dutch first division

forgiveness:

Who should be called ahead of Alampasu?

Is it Okoye that played in the third tiers of Bundesliga?

You better begin to reason well.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DABIGATRAN(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Decent team you say?

A team that plays UCL

Is Adegbenro a goalkeeper? We don't have goalkeepers playing for Barcelona or Bayern but we'll make do with the young and talented keepers at our disposal.
Adegbenro should move to a better league so he can compete with the wingers we have. Dennis Bonaventure who plays for Brugge was not even invited.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2020
Are you sure?
So Tijani is/was a bitpart player right?

forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2020
Are you sure?

forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2020
sheyishemba:

Yh etebo is a CMF but he has been playing as a DMF most times for Nigeria
Nigeria only had a Good CMF in aribo see his crazy runs to the box ....why would rohr drop azzez the dude had an assist in last match against Lesotho
His overall performance was still good.... Why tijani or frank over azzez A danish player over LA Liga player. Thats really unfair.
Back to nacho...nacho had a good season 2019/2020 he scored 10 goals and made 4 assists in 1000+ minutes but that doesn't reduce anything from maja who had 8 goals and 3 assists with 800+ minutes he had a good Goal per minute ratio than nacho and also remember he has stamped his feet for Bordeaux this season when nacho is busy sitting on the bench.

Maybe Rohr doesn't fancy Azeez style of play...its normal.. some coaches have their preference for players..

As for Iheanacho,he is ahead of Maja in the pecking order.. The only reason Iheanacho isn't starting games for the SE is because is limited involvement at club level.. U admitted it yourself that he had a better season than Maja.. Add to the fact that he is more versatile than Maja and is also a good free kick taker...

Maja should keep doing his thing..he will get his chance soon..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2020
Subzero47:

I have known him for a very long time. He played in the Swiss second division before moved to the first division and he has played so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2020
kind of. he has played a few league games plus cup and Europa as well. it's just a friendly anyway nothing that hasn't been done in the past with KC, Iwobi, Osimhen and co

MetalJigsaw:
Then he's really a green horn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Djamel(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2020
DABIGATRAN:

Is Adegbenro a goalkeeper? We don't have goalkeepers playing for Barcelona or Bayern but we'll make do with the young and talented keepers at our disposal.
Adegbenro should move to a better league so he can compete with the wingers we have. Dennis Bonaventure who plays for Brugge was not even invited.

Dennis was invited at one time

Rosenberg isn't bad

Players that plays in Slovakia league... Belgium league... Even get called up

But you have a problem with a player that plays for Rosenberg

I don't know what the problem could be, but,I don't think it is because he plays for Rosenberg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2020
You took it, outta my mouth

Amedino99:
Thought chuba akpom is now a middleborough player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2020
just free him when it's his favorite player he cooks up all sort of funny excuses

Subzero47:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2020
do4luv14:

Are you sure?

Enyeama already won the league twice with Enyimba and was playing in the CAF champions League as at the time he went to the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Rosenberg isn't bad

I don't know what the problem could be, but,I don't think it is because he plays for Rosenberg

Who should Adegbenro replace on the list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2020
komekn:

KC has done NOTHING to justify inclusion 5 goals last in the EPL is mediocre.

However , what enables him is that apart from Victor and Ighalo, none of our strikers have hit high notes. We really lack quality competition in the striking department and are very very thin.

If a player like Ighalo or Osimhen gets too many yellows or an injury, then we are literally finished.

The list is not ambitious and all that bureaucratic complication in attaining FIFA clearance is just excuses. There has always been politics in the NFF and that will never end.

And if anyone thinks that Rohr is the only one deciding who gets on the list, you are delusional.

The midfield lacks invention and creativity apart from Iwobi, where will the creativity come from.

Seeing Ejuke looks promising.

The rest are thier on merit, past glories and there newbies apart from Ejuke I'm not sure.

5 goals and 4 assists in 20 games despite him starting very few of them is a very good stats for a striker! .
That's 9 goals involvement!
Maybe if the sentimental Rodgers had given him more game time,he would have scored more.. At least he scored well in the cup games he started..
Iheanacho with 5 EPL goals last season isn't good enough but u are calling Ighalo that had 0 EPL goals in d same season undecided SMH!

Regarding FIFA clearance,you think its that simple?
You think the NFF will just submit a bunch of papers and FIFA would sign it just like that? undecided
SMH!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:54am On Sep 22, 2020
chrisooblog:
Stop lying Okoye is in Dutch first division

He just moved to the Dutch first division this season and he has not played a single match in the league.

Okoye played in the third tier league of German football.

How manage is he on the list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

Maybe Rohr doesn't fancy Azeez style of play...its normal.. some coaches have their preference for players..

As for Iheanacho,he is ahead of Maja in the pecking order.. The only reason Iheanacho isn't starting games for the SE is because is limited involvement at club level.. U admitted it yourself that he had a better season than Maja.. Add to the fact that he is more versatile than Maja and is also a good free kick taker...

Maja should keep doing his thing..he will get his chance soon..

This your defence no work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:
Who else noticed this guy at Rosenberg..... Samuel...
Good winger
Always starting for Rosenberg
Been following him for the past 3years
Still, he doesn't get called up.
Onyekuru sef never get call up ,na Adegbenro go con get call up. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
Subzero47:
Jordan Ibe has joined Derby from Bournemouth

Oh..
And our in house Southgate said he won't lack offers in the EPL...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Rosenberg isn't bad

Seriously, oya tell us one winger from our current squad that Adegbenro is better than.
It is your argument that is baseless considering players like Maja, Henry, Okereke and Dennis were left out.
If your Adegbenro want to get call up,he should move to a decent league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
forgiveness:

He just moved to the Dutch first division this season and he has not played a single match in the league.

Okoye played in the third tier league of German football.

How manage is he on the list?

While Okoye was playing in the German third tier,where was Alampasu? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
Djamel:

Don't be logical with me here

Even the Lb that got called up still plays for a lesser team....

The midfielder too plays for a lesser team

Why am i even having this argument with you

Your points are baseless

Don't mention me again please

And I ask again,are those positions u called as tight as our wing position in the SE,I'm so sorry but if Samuel doesn't do something extra ordinary like scoring a brace against Madrid in the UCL,he will hardly get noticed playing for Rosenberg.

And I don't know y u are running away from an harmless argument by asking me not to mention u, stay here and defend your reason for clamoring for his call up or quietly receive your L and move on,if na me go later loose the argument, I will carry my L in peace, at least na L I receive,I no kill person

Monaco dey standby but na Rosenberg we go dey pursue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
And Tijan was shinning shoes in the north, then went to Europe, to goan sidon look ba

forgiveness:

Enyeama already won the league twice with Enyimba and was playing in the CAF champions League as at the time he went to the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
People don't want to face the truth. How can you leave out a player that played a part in his club finishing 7th in La Liga for an Austrian and Danish league players? shocked

I think Rohr and his goons main target was the Danish league player. The Austrian player call up na to cover face.

Rohr should tell us why he called the players ahead of Azeez.

Very demoralising move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
SUN SEP 20, 2020 / 10:00 AM EDT

Osimhen is young lad with head of a 40-year-old, says Gattuso

REUTERS/ALESSANDRO GAROFALO

(Reuters) - Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso is notoriously hard to please but he dished out rare praise on Sunday when describing new Nigerian signing Victor Osimhen as a "young lad with the head of a 40-year-old".

Osimhen, who became Napoli's record signing when he joined from Lille in the summer for a reported 70 million euros, was brought on for his debut after an hour of Sunday's Serie A match at Parma and made an instant impact in their 2-0 win.

"I was struck by Osimhen's serious attitude," said Gattuso. "He hasn't forgotten where he came from and the sacrifices he made.

"He built himself up on his own and I congratulate him for his will and desire. He is a young lad with the head of a 40-year-old, I hope he doesn't make mistakes and doesn't change his attitude."

Osimhen, 21, grew up in a tough district of Lagos, lost his mother at a young age and, along with his brother and sister, sold bottled water to drivers stuck in the Lagos traffic to help his family make ends meet.

Gattuso said he wanted to get Napoli back into the top four again after last year's turbulent season where they finished seventh after a late recovery and won the Coppa Italia.

"It's natural that given the history of the last ten years we want to return to the top four," he said.

"I want to see a well organised team that have clear principles in their heads and that know how to make themselves available in difficult moments."

(Reporting by Brian Homewood, editing by Ed Osmond)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
Subzero47:

This your defence no work

It's not a defence.. it's an opinion!

You may not like to hear this,but Iheanacho is ahead of every striker we currently parade except Osimhen!
The only thing stopping him from playing regularly for the SE is due to his lack of game time at club level...

Iheanacho has had some very good moments with the SE such that it would be difficult if not impossible to discard him that easily... It's all up to him to sort out his club issue...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9548) (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Philosopher1979 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.