Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11959976 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9806) (9807) (9808) (9809) (9810) (9811) (9812) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
IDENNAA:

Awaziem and Omeruo understanding is top notch. Omeruo has added class to his quality. Nice movement with the ball and confidence. I will play him ahead of Eking for now.

Awaziem is beautiful to watch. He is good with the ball in his feet, give decisive passes and knows exactly when to track back. Right now , he is ahead of all the RB in the team including Ebuehi. It beats my imagination why Rohr started Akpoguma in that position ahead of Awaziem.

What a coach!

Awaziem is not better in that RB position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2020
Edopesin:

You seem to forget that these friendlies were not played with the first team

Our back 4 have played against way better teams including Brazil and average teams like Algeria, Cameroon and even Tunisia when it mattered with good performances. Two bad games with majority of the players not likely to play on a normal day doesn't change that

Akpoguma played more minutes in a makeshift position, give him a break
I'm not surprised, reactionary fan base. We beat Cameroon and Tunisia about one year ago
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
chrisooblog:
Bro like you i agree that Alampasu and Lawal should have been fielded but at the end of the day it's the coaches discretion who he wants to use.

The point about Akatugba is little bit unfair. Oma like any other sports journalist from time immemorial highlighted a talented player it will then be left to the coaching crew to assess if he's good enough.

Alampasu should have been fielded if only for the main fact that he was invited and friendlies are meant to test new players. If Alampasu hadn't been invited i would not have had any issues but his call up is telling me they feel he has some qualities so why not let him showcase it? even if he messed up and we ended up losing isn't it a friendly? anyway what is done is done.

Alampasu himself should continue to improve and get more game time cos playing barely 10 ten games in 5 years for small clubs for that matter is not good enough

Alampasu didn't play 10 games in 5 years. Not true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
jihday:
Azeez is already part of the team, forget this Alhassan Abeg we don't have any quality midfielder
I know but that 'coaching crew' guy was implying that there was no MF to call up to replace Etebo and Aribo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Akpoguma is not qualified to be in first team then please who is qualified ?

U go just watch 1 game then the next thing una go write the player off
na wetin dey vex me for this thread be dat. We can over criticize eh, very annoying. I wonder how things would have been if our national team was Liberia or Seychelles. I wish we go back to 50 something on world rankings so people can learn how to shut up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
IDENNAA:

No, he wasn't poor. Very lively and composed rarely put a feet wrong. Immediately he joined the game our right wing became very dangerous. I am more impressed with his 15 minutes than anything Akpoguma and Ebuehi played
You said you only watched the last 18min or so of the Algerian game but somehow you know Awaziem played better than Ebuehi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Oldboss:
Karim Onisiwo: Born in Vienna, Austria,
Karim Onisiwo qualifies to play for
Nigeria through his father, who is a
Nigerian. The 27-year-old started his
career with Favoritner AC Youth, but
currently plays for Bundesliga side, Mainz
He has scored four goals and provided
six assists in 24 appearances for Die
Nullfünfer this season. He plays as a
centre-forward with a height of 1.88m
Onisiwo is a married man and has a
child. Although he has spent all his life in
Austria, he has not featured for the
senior national team which makes him
still eligible for the Super Eagles.

Not eligible to play for SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
mostob:
I know but that 'coaching crew' guy was implying that there was no MF to call up to replace Etebo and Aribo.
in his defense Etebo pulled out just 2/3 days to the game, that made any replacement a bit difficult to call up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
na wetin dey vex me for this thread be dat. We can over criticize eh, very annoying. I wonder how things would have been if our national team was Liberia or Seychelles. I wish we go back to 50 something on world rankings so people can learn how to shut up.

Reason i reduce commenting when super eagles play

I was much active against algeria because of the onauchu slander

Now another thing be say if you talk down on some super eagles players during their club games many people no go agree with you but the funny thing is that those same people will speak worst of those players during international friendly or qualifiers grin

E be things my broda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
IDENNAA:
Omeruo seem a little heavy , though , and the goal was his fault. Ekong is more defensively disciplined. Akpoguma is not quite ready mentally but I believe he can do better.

Omeruo's confidence grew as the game went on but his lack of complete awareness is still his weakness. Omeruo isn't defensively disciplined as Eking and Balogun. Any slick player can easily fool him....same thing happened at the world cup when he gifted Messi an easy goal.

Omeruo better than Ekong for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
elunico:

Aina is on his way out of the team except he miraculously improves his game.

Aina on his way out of super eagles because he wasnt used during the friendlies ? wow

He returned from injury and started fulham last game

Lets see if you will push him out of super eagles if he is a regular at fulham

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:

In his last match for Fulham he was a massive flop guess you didn't watch that
I hope you were not blind when musa scored a brace in his first day in training
Akpoguma was the best CB in camp and a makeshift RB he played as a Rb to cover up for semi in the middle thats why in the course of the match he dived to the middle
We need a defensive FB aina won't give us this rather he will expose our RB so what the hell are you talking about
If not for injury Colin won't have played sanusi was not replaced he was displaced as a result of injury.
Awaziem and akpo are the only two defensive fullback we have and awaziem has been awesome for boavista this season.

Whats the meaning of massive flop ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
komekn:

That's essentially a whole lot of Balderdash.

A limited training session can not and will not compensate or displace a whole season of consistent quality football in Seria A.

Aina played his first game for Fulham against Wolves. Aina had highest number of touches on the ball in the entire Fulham team. He also played the full 90 minutes plus. And yes l watched the match.

They lost narrowly to Wolves 1-0

The highest rated player was Ademola Lookman.

A match in which Aina has barely had time to get to know his team mates. Played the full 90 minutes hadthe most touches and had to deal with the small matter of Adama Traore. Yet you say he was MASSIVE FLOP.

Awaziem hasn't been impressive and or outstanding for Boavista he has played two games one in which he was very poor and another just about average.

Absolutely without a doubt Awaziem that cannot get near to Porto first team, will not make even the bench in Fulham.

So you are creating your own version of truth, but to what purpose. To justify the unjustifiable.

That's his aim. He is a bloody liar.

Can you post Aina rating at AFCON again? I didn't take note of the caption then because was very busy. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
IDENNAA:

No, he wasn't poor. Very lively and composed rarely put a feet wrong. Immediately he joined the game our right wing became very dangerous. I am more impressed with his 15 minutes than anything Akpoguma and Ebuehi played

It seems like you watched a different match, please don't compare him to Ebuehi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
komekn:

It doesn't matter AT ALL.

I have seen players in training who are almost rubbish. But on match day, it's a different TING.

In addition if you are rubbish in your team you cannot all of a sudden become Messi in training we are not FOOLS.

Awaziem will never be a better RB than Ebuehi or Aina training or no training. EOD

Awaziem is not a better RB than ebuehi and aina nah ,everybody know that one nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
What the heck. You missed the actual argument. Was Ezenwa not there?
jihday:
You can say whatever you want to say without twisting narrative, if Uzoho didn't get injured Maduka wouldn't have tasted action that day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the 2 games showed that balogun is our best CB till date and it seem the main reason rohr refused to give up on the pursuit of akpoguma,uduokhai and torunarigha.

ekong against algeria looked lost and shaky while omeruo was a disaster against the cartage eagles.

akpoguma looked comfortable on the ball so i think rohr should experiment combining him with balogun

saw aina in the colors of fulham a week ago and he was off it, dude needs to sit up if not the duo of ehizibue and fit again ebeuehi will drop him to the bench

chukwueze needs to change the dynamism of his game because he is becoming predictable and easy to shut out by the opposition. he should learn to play the simple pass and also put in crosses to the box often.

zaidu have locked down the leftback position because he is miles better than Collins. he joins the attack with ease and returns when needed to carry our his primary responsibility which is to defend. i noticed something in his game against algeria and tunisia which i love so much, he can easily switch play from his position to the right side of the pitch with lovely long passes

moses simon have improved a lot while alex iwobi remains the most classy player in our ranks currently. ademola lookman which i saw a week ago in the epl will be a great addition to the team.

maduka okoye was decent and more games both for club and country will equip him with the needed confidence and exposure to get better

in the case of semi ajayi i do not blame him for his bad outing in the games but rohr who had the luxury of a natural dm in mikel agu but instead preferred fielding ajayi who was a liability all through the games. since he doesn't fancy agu why invite him at the first place?

Well said by you my broda

Ekong might be shaky but he will come good soon as its just that game

Balogun has done well, he was dropped when he was warming the bench at brighton but now starting for rangers and he is back

Chuks improved a little in the second half but him game tire me abeg

Zaidu might have locked down the full back but you are totally wrong for saying he is miles better than collins , Sorry, he might be better but MILES ? HELL NO my broda

Ajayi belong to the CB and i dont know why rohr must make sure he plays, ajayi looks like a certain starter in the eagles CB with him playing as a regular in the EPL

I rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the 2 games showed that balogun is our best CB till date and it seem the main reason rohr refused to give up on the pursuit of akpoguma,uduokhai and torunarigha.

ekong against algeria looked lost and shaky while omeruo was a disaster against the cartage eagles.

akpoguma looked comfortable on the ball so i think rohr should experiment combining him with balogun

saw aina in the colors of fulham a week ago and he was off it, dude needs to sit up if not the duo of ehizibue and fit again ebeuehi will drop him to the bench

chukwueze needs to change the dynamism of his game because he is becoming predictable and easy to shut out by the opposition. he should learn to play the simple pass and also put in crosses to the box often.

zaidu have locked down the leftback position because he is miles better than Collins. he joins the attack with ease and returns when needed to carry our his primary responsibility which is to defend. i noticed something in his game against algeria and tunisia which i love so much, he can easily switch play from his position to the right side of the pitch with lovely long passes

moses simon have improved a lot while alex iwobi remains the most classy player in our ranks currently. ademola lookman which i saw a week ago in the epl will be a great addition to the team.

maduka okoye was decent and more games both for club and country will equip him with the needed confidence and exposure to get better

in the case of semi ajayi i do not blame him for his bad outing in the games but rohr who had the luxury of a natural dm in mikel agu but instead preferred fielding ajayi who was a liability all through the games. since he doesn't fancy agu why invite him at the first place?

Which match did you see? Is it the same match he was the rated the 5th best player of his team and 11th best player of the game?

I saw that game too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
jihday:
in his defense Etebo pulled out just 2/3 days to the game, that made any replacement a bit difficult to call up
ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
Craig Dawson has signed for West Ham, that opens up space for Ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
IDENNAA:

Awaziem and Omeruo understanding is top notch. Omeruo has added class to his quality. Nice movement with the ball and confidence. I will play him ahead of Eking for now.

Awaziem is beautiful to watch. He is good with the ball in his feet, give decisive passes and knows exactly when to track back. Right now , he is ahead of all the RB in the team including Ebuehi. It beats my imagination why Rohr started Akpoguma in that position ahead of Awaziem.

What a coach!

Awaziem ahead of ebuehi and all the RB? Trust me this is not your opinion

Almost all coach wont start a boavista regular player ahead of a bundesliga player, las las their 2 no be real RB and there is nothing awaziem will do in that RB that Akpoguma wont do, i will only prefer a natural RB like ebuehi

Akpoguma have even played RWB for hoffeinham this season

Las las you no no anything guy

Even watching the NPFL will be too big for your knowledge

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2020
cc12:
He was very awful, he lost possession easily and wasn't able to shield or guard the ball when he possessed with his huge body frame. Ajayi should stick to the defence, he isn't a midfielder.

Bros were u expecting an ndidi like performance from a make shift dmf?

He did well for a makeshift dmf.

Haba mana!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
jihday:

Not true. Azeez was already on the standby list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Subzero047:

The Balogun that should retire grin
cheesy noooo make him dey for now abeg. Instead omeruo should go and rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
yes you are right 12 games in 5 years five of which are cup games. Still very poor
forgiveness:

Alampasu didn't play 10 games in 5 years. Not true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Awaziem I watched was poor yesterday, almost got a red card despite playing less than 15 minutes

As far as foreign born players are involve anybody will be korrect in IDENNA eyes

He will rather have benjamin francis or solomon kwambe play that right back than any of those guys

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
forgiveness:

Not true. Azeez was already on the standby list.
Would still have to be notified to join the camp, imagine you don plan your holiday for one week one coach go just call you from the blues to leave your plan and come training for Austria I sure say you sef no go like am. I'm certain Azeez will be back next month
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

As far as foreign born players are involve anybody will be korrect in IDENNA eyes

He will rather have benjamin francis or solomon kwambe play that right back than any of those guys
no be una get time dey tag and read post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2020
grin.

andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2020
jihday:
Would still have to be notified to join the camp, imagine you don plan your holiday for one week one coach go just call you from the blues to leave your plan and come training for Austria I sure say you sef no go like am. I'm certain Azeez will be back next month

It doesn't matter. Rohr should have called Azeez first.

Before you said the replacement was difficult but after showing you fact, you started saying Azeez wouldn't like to come. Do you know Azeez's mind?

Just admit Rohr selected based on sentiment. EOD

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
chrisooblog:
yes you are right 12 games in 5 years five of which are cup games. Still very poor

So the once he played for the U23 is not counted?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
forgiveness:

Are you kidding with the bolded? You don't know anything but speak via sentiment and prejudice.

Ajayi is better as a CB. Rohr should do the needful.

If it was Alampasu that conceded that goal yesterday I am certainly sure tbaba1234 will come here and be talking about how he was out of position but behold his goalkeeper knowledge suddenly vamus because na em favourite. What prejudice.

Why are bringing my name into this? I have no problem with Alampasu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9806) (9807) (9808) (9809) (9810) (9811) (9812) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.