Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11739690 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) (4927) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
kellycute:
abeg nor yarn with pidgin again Cos e nor make sense at all. E clear say na Western part of naija you for come with your funny pidgin wey nor align. “All the schooling something no konsign me like that”.. haha abeg stick to English.
gently return to playing with sand abeg

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
gently return to playing with sand abeg
then you can use the sand to amend your fake destiny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
Odunayaw:
You do know the exchange rate wasn't always like this OR you just went to university recently?

Either way,it seems you've made your deduction. Let's not drag this further

I am talking currently not past.

Exchange rate has been like this near 500- £1 for near three years now.

Even when it was 250-£1 it still doesn't add up somebody earning 1 million a month will not then spend 35% of his earnings on one child in the UK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

Even when it was 250-£1 it still doesn't add up somebody earning 1 million a month will not then spend 35% of his earnings on one child in the UK.
Toh

anyhow, your guess is as good now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

Should we really in all honesty be talking about average age or how officially young our teams are.

It's of no consequence it brings no value in quality or ability to the team and in reality we know how our ages are created.
Don't confuse yourself since you know exactly what I'm saying pls. Chai!

You didn't see the u23 part of my comment?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
andrew444:

Yes bros

Is this what you mean by commit to England? I didn't see anything like that.

Everton winger Ademola Lookman pledges commitment to England

by Paul Vegasa

Everton winger Ademola Lookman has pledged his commitment to England.

Lookman has been linked with turning out for Nigeria,

But has set out his ambition to continue his impressive development and one day make the step up to the England senior squad.

“I'm pleased with the performance of the team. I'm happy to get the three points and qualification for the Euros in the summer," he said.

“We want to keep the momentum going against Scotland. Every game is important for me.

“There are so many young players in the seniors, it shows there is a clear pathway. If you see that, it motivates you and that drives you on."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/everton-winger-ademola-lookman-pledges-commitment-to-england-4252541#jO7YljwP3u3Bbr2K.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ademola Lookman shuns Southgate’s plea, insists on choosing Super Eagles over England

Ifreke Inyang Ifreke Inyang

1 month ago

Everton winger, Ademola Lookman, has made it clear that he wants to play for Nigeria, despite the efforts of England manager, Gareth Southgate, to convince him.

Southgate who coached the forward at U-21 level for England, has tried to persuade Lookman from switching his allegiance to the West African nation.

However, the player has made his mind up, with his father particularly keen on seeing his son play for the Super Eagles.

Already, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has initiated moves to have FIFA transfer his nationality.

“No going back. The process of his nationality switch is on. Southgate has a very good relationship with Lookman but not on this issue because the father of Lookman is keen on his son playing for Nigeria at senior level and no England,” a source told OwnGoalNigeria.com.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/14/ademola-lookman-shuns-southgates-plea-insists-choosing-super-eagles-england/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjwzs-VzojeAhWysqQKHSL7CZIQFjAeegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1RauHY4enwwSSRkuGImOK1&ampcf=1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
You're definitely the original Baba! Thank you, broda cool

O pari

tbaba1234:
The full match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqP2NXdvIh4

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
Can you guys stop posting all these useless blogs as real news articles on here? Especially when the blogger doesn't provide any single source to justify a purported direct quote shocked

Where are the sources for this blogger's claim

O pari

forgiveness:

Ademola Lookman shuns Southgate’s plea, insists on choosing Super Eagles over England

Ifreke Inyang Ifreke Inyang

1 month ago

Everton winger, Ademola Lookman, has made it clear that he wants to play for Nigeria, despite the efforts of England manager, Gareth Southgate, to convince him.

Southgate who coached the forward at U-21 level for England, has tried to persuade Lookman from switching his allegiance to the West African nation.

However, the player has made his mind up, with his father particularly keen on seeing his son play for the Super Eagles.

Already, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has initiated moves to have FIFA transfer his nationality.

“No going back. The process of his nationality switch is on. Southgate has a very good relationship with Lookman but not on this issue because the father of Lookman is keen on his son playing for Nigeria at senior level and no England,” a source told OwnGoalNigeria.com.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/14/ademola-lookman-shuns-southgates-plea-insists-choosing-super-eagles-england/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjwzs-VzojeAhWysqQKHSL7CZIQFjAeegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1RauHY4enwwSSRkuGImOK1&ampcf=1

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
Icon79:
Can you guys stop posting all these useless blogs as real news articles on here? Especially when the blogger doesn't provide any single source to justify a purported direct quote shocked

Where are the sources for this blogger's claim

O pari

Some bloggers gives you clue. If you don't like it skip, pass and move on. Chikena!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
andrew444:

Yes bros
where the nigga wan play before undecided

Our attacking options is crowded for crying out loud. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
Actually, I wasn't speaking for my self because I have a very strong radar for fake news. However, I need to protect other people ... especially, the low information members amongst us who tend to take everything they read on here as gospel.

Got it

O pari

forgiveness:

Some bloggers gives you clue. If you don't like it skip, pass and move on. Chikena!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
Icon79:
Actually, I wasn't speaking for my self because I have a very strong radar for fake news. However, I need to protect other people ... especially, the low information members amongst us who tend to take everything they read on here as gospel.

Got it

O pari

And how do you know what is fake? You get fake detector machine? grin

Abeg, make I hear word. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
komekn:

Bro...you are wasting your time trying to say the truth.

you see bro... those men in government who send their children to school ..virtually most of them are from looted funds

I know of an army General who upon his retirement build a world class hotel in.Abuja.
where did that money came from only God knows....

here in Abuja civil servants who barely earn not more than 3M naira annually have houses in asokoro, maitama and wuse 2 and have their children schooling abroad.

where that money came from only God knows.

even our president prior his election 2015 claim not to have up to 1M in his account but have children schoolinh in UK.
who was payn the school fees only God knows.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Is this what you mean by commit to England? I didn't see anything like that.

Everton winger Ademola Lookman pledges commitment to England

by Paul Vegasa

Everton winger Ademola Lookman has pledged his commitment to England.

Lookman has been linked with turning out for Nigeria,

But has set out his ambition to continue his impressive development and one day make the step up to the England senior squad.

“I'm pleased with the performance of the team. I'm happy to get the three points and qualification for the Euros in the summer," he said.

“We want to keep the momentum going against Scotland. Every game is important for me.

“There are so many young players in the seniors, it shows there is a clear pathway. If you see that, it motivates you and that drives you on."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/everton-winger-ademola-lookman-pledges-commitment-to-england-4252541#jO7YljwP3u3Bbr2K.99

The bolded over there says it all,that means he want to play for England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Haha!! Trouble maker! Omo, I know fake news when I see one. And I can bet my last paycheck on it grin

And in addition, those two blogs cannot both be right. The first blogger claimed that Ademola has pledged allegiance to England and the second blogger claimed that he has committed to Nigeria. Are we talking about one person or a twin here

O pari

forgiveness:

And how do you know what is fake? You get fake detector machine? grin

Abeg, make I hear word. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
lookman will be a great addition. no be to get 1000 players in a particular position but are they good enough? the kalu i watched against seychelles and libya lookman better pass am by far

krattoss:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! Trouble maker! Omo, I know fake news when I see one. And I can bet my last paycheck on it grin

And in addition, those two blogs cannot both be right. The first blogger claimed that Ademola has pledged allegiance to England and the second blogger claimed that he has committed to Nigeria. Are we talking about one person or a twin here

O pari

I no be trouble marker ooo. A complete gentle man I am.

Anyway, I can decipher what the two blogs wrote. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
andrew444:

The bolded over there says it all,that means he want to play for England

That one is just a headline twisted to get attention. The content is silent on the issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
krattoss:

Where the nigga wan play? If Holland has this mentality, do you think they will call Danjuma from 'obscure' Belgium league? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:
lookman will be a great addition. no be to get 1000 players in a particular position but are they good enough? the kalu i watched against seychelles and libya lookman better pass am by far

I'll pick kalu, Musa, Onyekuru over lookman any day anytime.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
bros no allow sentiment block ur sense of judgement. cheesy cheesy cheesy
krattoss:
I'll pick kalu, Musa, Onyekuru over lookman any day anytime.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Where the nigga wan play? If Holland has this mentality, do you think they will call Danjuma from 'obscure' Belgium league? grin
Holland national team is on rehabilitation, resuscitation and resurgence.

Rohr already knows his troops and nothing no one can do about that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bros no allow sentiment block ur sense of judgement. cheesy cheesy cheesy
how many matches has lookman played this season and how many goals/assists to his name?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
krattoss:
how many matches has lookman played this season and how many goals/assists to his name?
.?
charlesemeka85:

krattoss:
.?
charlesemeka85:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
we are not talking about his lack of game time in everton but the qualities he possess. can samuel kalu make everton's bench?

krattoss:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
krattoss:
Holland national team is on rehabilitation, resuscitation and resurgence.

Rohr already knows his troops and nothing no one can do about that.

Really? grin

Dey deceive yaself. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
no mind am, as if we are in the same level with the brazil,spain,france and germany of this world.
forgiveness:

Really? grin

Dey deceive yaself. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
even countries like france,england,germany who are blessed with abundant footballing talents are still fighting to tie down players with dual nationality but once an individual brings up such suggestion here we will e reminded of how good onazi,ogu,omeruo and co are so for that reason we dont need to beg anyone to play for us. make we dey form pride wey we no get lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
charlesemeka85:
no mind am, as if we are in the same level with the brazil,spain,france and germany of this world.

I wonder ooo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Guys over the weekend Arnaut Groeneveld Danjuma played for the Dutch in the UEFA nations league. I think that mean he can no longer play for Nigeria ever. Not good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
southgate did all he could to stop tammy from switching allegiance to nigeria not because the lad his better than the strikers in his possession but for future purposes. the europeans are better than us because they put the future into consideration in every aspect of their lives but we rely solely on short cuts and quick result.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) (4927) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekehopp2, jolly94 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.