Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11588036 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) (5391) (5392) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:36am On Jan 16, 2019
Icon4s:

Isco and Ramon Azeez. With Omeruo right there at the background
Ramon Azeez wasn't at the tournament oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

Isco and Obinna Nsofor
Nsofor keh grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

Ramon Azeez wasn't at the tournament oo

You wey dey throw challenge no sabi answer grin

The guy in number 20 jersey who be that?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

Nsofor keh grin

I weak o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2019
Icon4s:

Na Ramon azeez na undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

How many chance was Ebuehi given??

In the national team, your chances will be limited.. Its actually your club performance that will earn u an invite to the national team...it's ur performance in the national team that will keep you there..

Ebuehi even had less minutes than Aina but still proved to be good.. Aina couldn't put in a better performance than Echijele,so he was dropped..

Yes ebuehi is good, all player are different okay

Now go and tell rohr why he always gives ighalo chances upon chances, if rohr gives you his answer,i will give you my answer also

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Omeruo sent yobo to retirement? Ayaf die lmao which omeruo?

Notin wey person no go hear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:55am On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

Oga yobo is already old ,when keshi won the afcon yobo was not even a starter so stop saying omeruo sent yobo to retirement na God i use beg you .

Keshi took crappy players to the World Cup ,keshi has his boys ,after the 2014 World Cup yobo retired from football in general

Try and be sincere and stop lying that omeruo sent yobo to retirement ,yobo was 33 at 2014 so maybe if no b omeruo e for continue till now abi

Mind you none of our defenders is close to yobo level

Stop being bias

first of all may I suggest you go back and study personal communication 101, you(no offence) lack proper communication skills, however for the benefit of others let me reply you.

In all our qualifiers leading up that 2013 Afcon, Yobo always started. In the first game of the tournament Yobo started, second game as well he started then in the final group game I believe Keshi then played Omeruo and Oboabona(mind you Oboabona had been Yobo's main defensive pair), from then on Yobo never started any game for Nigeria whenever Oboabona and Omeruo were fit and he eventually retired at 33, how many defenders retire at 33? At 33, defenders should still be playing very well not retiring, so for a defender to retire at such age I do not think it was a voluntary retirement, it means he lost his place to Omeruo and realised he wasn't good enough to get it back and he quit so factually Omeruo sent him off.

And asking me if Yobo should still be playing football now is a very very stupid question. Which professional footballer retires at 33? I can make a list of top defenders who are over 33

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

Yes ebuehi is good, all player are different okay

Now go and tell rohr why he always gives ighalo chances upon chances, if rohr gives you his answer,i will give you my answer also

Ighalo has nothing to do with this...Ighalo earned his spot at the world cup with that goal against Cameroon...

We are talking about the post world cup here...Aina got just the same chance as Ebuehi and Idowu..unlike the duo,he didn't do anything exceptionally to convince Rohr to take him ahead of Echijele...

I admitted it already that Aina has improved this season...but if he can't translate his form to the national team,what's the use?
His last two games for us didn't show any sign of improvement in the GWG..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
Mickael2:

first of all may I suggest you go back and study personal communication 101, you(no offence) lack proper communication skills, however for the benefit of others let me reply you.

In all our qualifiers leading up that 2013 Afcon, Yobo always started. In the first game of the tournament Yobo started, second game as well he started then in the final group game I believe Keshi then played Omeruo and Oboabona(mind you Oboabona had been Yobo's main defensive pair), from then on Yobo never started any game for Nigeria whenever Oboabona and Omeruo were fit and he eventually retired at 33, how many defenders retire at 33? At 33, defenders should still be playing very well not retiring, so for a defender to retire at such age I do not think it was a voluntary retirement, it means he lost his place to Omeruo and realised he wasn't good enough to get it back and he quit so factually Omeruo sent him off.

And asking me if Yobo should still be playing football now is a very very stupid question. Which professional footballer retires at 33? I can make a list of top defenders who are over 33

How many nigeria players don play football pass 33 ? due to the use of their football age

Oga defenders play even up to 38 but not our nigerian defenders who will be 41 and claiming 33

Silva and miranda where 33 at the world cup

Now please sir give me list of nigeria players that has played pass 33 expecially defenders

Even taiwo at 29 is already in finland and those back water league baba taiwo is 33 now and somewhere in finland while some others african players are still playing top flight

Yobo was 33 at norwich before the world cup

At the bolded i no beg you to reply me nah, omeruo didnt send yobo to retirement,you expect to say what is wrong and you expect people to keep quiet? abi na only you dey follow super eagles players?

Because yobo retire after the world cup means omeruo send him to retirement? bros na wa for you ooo

Was yobo regular when naija won the nations cup? I know you will turn blind to this question

Yobo was not even expected to continue after the world cup so please get your fact right before you jump into conclusion

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Icon4s:

Na azeez... grin ...I forgot sha..

But this squad ehn! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

Ighalo has nothing to do with this...Ighalo earned his spot at the world cup with that goal against Cameroon...

We are talking about the post world cup here...Aina got just the same chance as Ebuehi and Idowu..unlike the duo,he didn't do anything exceptionally to convince Rohr to take him ahead of Echijele...

I admitted it already that Aina has improved this season...but if he can't translate his form to the national team,what's the use?
His last two games for us didn't show any sign of improvement in the GWG..

Lol e don change mouth

Shebi na una dey insult ighalo make dem no call am again after poor world cup, lol 2 mouth

But i didnt say aina deserve to go to the world cup nah? why are you acting as if i said so,i said he was improved chikena

How did idowu impress so because he score Argentina he impress?

Abeg mention a good competitive game idowu has been brilliant for naija?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please is this Under-20 or Under-50?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Scottish Premiership champions Celtic are working on a deal to sign prolific Nigerian striker Josh Maja, according to reports.

The Scottish Sun is reporting that Celtic are keen on signing the Sunderland star with defender Jack Hendry moving on loan to the Black Cats as part of the deal.

Maja has entered the final six months of his contract with the League One club and has yet to pen a new deal on the advice of his agent.

A plethora of teams in the Premier League and Germany are reportedly keeping tabs on the former Super Eagles invitee, who has notched 15 goals this season and was the highest scoring teenager in England's top four divisions in December prior to his 20th birthday.

Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City have all been credited with an interest in Maja.

The London-born young star previously played for the youth teams of Crystal Palace, Fulham and Manchester City.

Celtic is a very bad decision

But it would be good for SE chances of getting him grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:
Please is this Under-20 or Under -50?

This is clearly under 50

Some people there don get grandkids already

See that captain,how dat one was take play pass 30? when he will be 41 then

Mtsheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
#10yearschallenge which squad do u prefer

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
Amedino99:
#10yearschallenge which squad do u prefer

Yea SE 2009 vs SE 2018/19 who would win?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

This is clearly under 50

Some people there don get grandkids already

See that captain,how dat one was take play pass 30? when he will be 41 then

Mtsheew

Is this a straightforward joke or sarcasm?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

Is this a straightforward joke or sarcasm?

sarcasm bro

But look some of this players bros

This is the reason why some of our player no dey last past 32/33

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
komekn:

When a quality player is not able to express his quality, who do you blame the system, the strategy and or the manager❓

Aina is proven tested at a higher level has been consistently outstanding since his first professional game and how old is he again

Shehu is so outstanding that he remained in Cyprus and now in Turkey.

Shehu suits Rohr’s Conservative style while Aina fits a more offensive manager. That is why Shehu will always get the nod.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

At least Ozil don reach 30 ,you can't argue that Ozil is not a world class player despite your claims

Salah has not been on fire for 2 seasons ,now it clearly shows that you are watching back of tv

22 Epl games so far and 14 goals and that's not enough for you ?

Stop hating on Ozil and salah,they are already both world class players

Agreed without question ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

Lol wetin omeruo do you

In the last decade outside side of Yobo, Taribo and Shittu tell me which of our defenders are above average.

Omeruo falls in the category of average nothing above possibly less. Let's call a spade a spade in his prime in the English Championship he was far from outstanding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

Lol e don change mouth

Shebi na una dey insult ighalo make dem no call am again after poor world cup, lol 2 mouth

But i didnt say aina deserve to go to the work cup nah? why are you acting as if i said so,i said he was improved chikena

How did idowu impress so because he score Argentina he impress?

Abeg mention a good competitive game idowu has been brilliant for naija?

You have started again...

The discussion is still about the pre world cup!!

The criticism on Ighalo got to its peak after the world cup not before!

Again, you are forgetting the fact that Aina had Echijele and Idowu to fight with for a spot to Russia .Echijele might have been useless then but his experience gave him an edge over the other two.. They just had to put in a decent performance to displace him.
Idowu's goal against Argentina earned him the spot..it might not have been enough,but it was good.... Aina simply didn't do any better

And again,stick to the context of the matter... That's pre world cup.. Idowu's flaws became glaring during the tournament not before...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

You have started again...

The discussion is still about the pre world cup!!

The criticism on Ighalo got to its peak after the world cup not before!

Again, you are forgetting the fact that Aina had Echijele and Idowu to fight with for a spot to Russia .Echijele might have been useless then but his experience gave him an edge over the other two.. They just had to put in a decent performance to displace him.
Idowu's goal against Argentina earned him the spot..it might not have been enough,but it was good.... Aina simply didn't do any better

And again,stick to the context of the matter... That's pre world cup.. Idowu's flaws became glaring during the tournament not before...

Lol

oya i get you now

trust me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
komekn:

In the last decade outside side of Yobo, Taribo and Shittu tell me which of our defenders are above average.

Omeruo falls in the category of average nothing above possibly less. Let's call a spade a spade in his prime in the English Championship he was far from outstanding.

Lol na wa o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
komekn:

Judging from Omeruo's current performance in laliga,would u say he has been far from outstanding?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

Lol
oya i get you now
trust me
We all had high hopes in Aina.. He just didn't do enough. IMO,he wasn't serious for most part of the pre world cup games he played..
Maybe he thought being foreign born would earn him an automatic spot...
I'm glad he is in a better league now and playing better too...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
Icon4s:

Sometimes, I still feel Brian Idowu has been judged unjustly. Which attack has Jamilu faced? Compared to Idowu that faced some of the best attacks in the World.

I still dey look Jamilu. Let him go to the AFCON first.

I beg to differ Sir. Apart from that tap in goal against Argentina in the friendly, can you point to any SINGLE tangible thing Bryan Idowu has ever done in the GWG?. Can you point at any sensible chance he has ever created? crosses nko? dribbles? Headers? Attempts at goal?. Just point at ONE!.

In my opinion, Bryan Idowu had absolutely no business going to the WC in the first place. Aina would've given us a better performance at LB/LWB at the WC. The only reason Idowu was picked ahead of Aina was the Argentina friendly!.

So my brother, we've given Idowu more chances than he ever deserved. Let him go and sit down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
Danielnino00:

We all had high hopes in Aina.. He just didn't do enough.
IMO,he wasn't serious for most part of the pre world cup games he played..

Maybe he thought being foreign born would earn him an automatic spot...

I'm glad he is in a better league now and playing better too...

Thats true

He didnt deserve to go to the world cup because he didnt impress then.

I hope for the best now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
andrew444:

Who should he give the chances instead?. Out of form Success or Iheanacho the classic flop?.

Ighalo may not be the best of strikers, but he is by far the very BEST we can boast of at the moment. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:
Please is this Under-20 or Under-50?

Hmm. I don't like to say it but.....that captain looks like a family man. grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Tottenham interested in Ighalo

I get it.. A free agent experienced premier league striker is a hot cake

Ighalo should make his choices carefully

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) (5391) (5392) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.