Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5955) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11588625 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5952) (5953) (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:58pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

We should stop rating Lagos on the same Scale with New York or Dubai pls. They are not world class except we wanna fool ourselves here. How much is their market value?! What's their rates globally?!

Let's desist from taking Solace in Falsehood, even the mentioned Players know they ain't World Class.

You wanna talk World Class?! Mane, Salah, Aubameyang, Koulibaly are currently world class African Players. Kaita, Pepe, Mahrez and Co are simply above Average.

Ndidi has the potential to cross above the Lineup, if he doesn't let the hypes get to him and rather focus on his fulfilling Career.

BTW..... If I am Chuks, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Awoniyi and other upcoming Stars, I will never visit this Thread. Infact I will do everything technologically possible to block Nairaland from appearing on while google Searching for Information.

Lol you should have add kayode not to visit this thread

Oga if mane is world class then mahrez is not world class then you don't know what you are saying

Mahrez at age 27 was valued at 60 million euros ,oga mahrez is world class ,what has mane did that mahrez cannot do ?

If not for this season I am not sure you will even rate mane

Oga Ndidi is worth 40 million euros

So you want mikel to be expensive at age 32 ? You must be joking .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2019
iSlayer2:
I'm gonna be blunt. I think the argument on including Awoniyi is mostly biased driven. Yeah.

Awoniyi has not had a great season by any standards. During the first half of the season he was nowhere, we feared for the boy's career. It was only during the new loan at his former loan club Mouscron that he banged in a few decisive ones here and there but still nowhere near that top level at all.

Now put him side by side with the other attackers invited. He can't compete an established striker like Ighalo Onuachu has had a great season and when eventually he was invited he put in a convincing performance. He can't even compete with Osimhen who plays in the same league. Osimhen has been a monster. Down to Iheanacho, based on pedigree, Iheanacho has it going for him. You can't invite an unproven Awoniyi who has not had a great season in place of a tested Iheanacho.

I would suggest someone else performing at a decent level be invited in place of Iheanacho. Currently. Awoniyi is not that person.

Thank you. Awoniyi should be considered for the U-20s if he's still eligible. Even there I think he may not make the cut. This may well change in the future but as of today that's my personal view and I am glad some see things the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:30pm On May 16, 2019
grin

Make una no vex my Brothers..... All our Players are world class!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:32pm On May 16, 2019
Former Super Eagles captain and coach, Christian Chukwu, has arrived London, United Kingdom for medical treatment. Chukwu, who is one of the finest defenders to have come out of Nigeria arrived London on Thursday in company of his wife, Lilian Nkeiruka. President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, has arranged for an appointment for the Nigerian legend with a renown cardiologist in London

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2019
darkelf:

Someone that couldn't rediscover himself this whole after 39 appearances for club(excluding training) season will miraculously rediscover himself in training abi?

Some of you soccer fans sef

Wonders will never cease
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2019
Icon4s:

Bros you need some rest undecided

He sure does.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:00pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

how many matches has Awoniyi played for the super eagles?
how many goals has he scored?

i thought by now we should know that club football is different
from country football...
the fact that a player scores for his club at will does not mean he will do same for
his country...the Libya match was a perfect example that shows that the Lad will need so much time to settle down
in the super eagles and that time we don't have now as afcon approaches.... we need players with major experience
when it comes to playing africa oppositions..

take it from me...if i was the coach...i will swiftly replace nacho with ajayi...
Dude play his football in egypt he understands the terrain, some of his team
mates will be playing for the egyptian come when the tourney starts, He would
have likely be he joker of the team and for awoniyi dude is not that clinical or prolific
compared to the invited strikers
using your argument has Junior played for the national team before that he got listed on the standby list? Your club form get you an invite and on that basis taiwo deserves it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:06pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes! Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya and Nwakali are world class but Awoniyi is average.
Try again....
Egbon, pulease try and be reasonable na... ejor

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2019
is like iheanacho visit this thread those time they say he's better than aguero and mbappe they also said he can bench Suarez and benzema cheesy Lol
Oasis007:

grin

We should stop rating Lagos on the same Scale with New York or Dubai pls. They are not world class except we wanna fool ourselves here. How much is their market value?! What's their rates globally?!

Let's desist from taking Solace in Falsehood, even the mentioned Players know they ain't World Class.

You wanna talk World Class?! Mane, Salah, Aubameyang, Koulibaly are currently world class African Players. Kaita, Pepe, Mahrez and Co are simply above Average.

Ndidi has the potential to cross above the Lineup, if he doesn't let the hypes get to him and rather focus on his fulfilling Career.

BTW..... If I am Chuks, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Awoniyi and other upcoming Stars, I will never visit this Thread. Infact I will do everything technologically possible to block Nairaland from appearing on while google Searching for Information.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
using your argument has Junior played for the national team before that he got listed on the standby list? Your club form get you an invite and on that basis taiwo deserves it.

I think he has been invited before...probably on a standby list.
and also....he plied his football in the host country...that's a plus, he could possibly be the joker of the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:24pm On May 16, 2019
isan:
is like iheanacho visit this thread those time they say he's better than aguero and mbappe they also said he can bench Suarez and benzema cheesy Lol

grin

My Brother this Thread is like Amusement Park, just visit anytime you are bored to read comic Posts and catch funs.

You do not need to engage the patriotic Ones in a lengthy Argument, even though their Patriotism is limited to Eagles only.

If Players they are claiming are World Class already, please what Class does Salah, Mane, Neymar, Mbappe and Co belong too?! Heaven Class?!

Sometimes it's better to agree with their Opinion (s) than engaging in a baseless, provoking Discourse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:41pm On May 16, 2019
Akpeyi is better than Ederson
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:42pm On May 16, 2019
Ndidi is world class at what he does, breaking up play.... This is backed up by stats. He is the top tackler in the league, 2 seasons in a row. third in interceptions this season.

He has the most recoveries of any outfield player and the most aerials won by a midfielder in the league. What else are you looking for from a defensive point of view?

That my friends is the meaning of a world class DM... If you say, he is not world class, then he must be very close to it.

Yes, he has his weaknesses just like any player but Ndidi is world class.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 16, 2019
Alex Iwobi has been chosen as Arsenal's Most Improved Player by Arsenal Fan TV

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:46pm On May 16, 2019
gamaliel9:
I know that will back this up with stats lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:53pm On May 16, 2019
If a player like Ndidi was English or European, they will be raving about his defensive ability.

People say but he is not a great passer. I argue that he does not need to be. All he needs to do in a bigger team is keep the passes simple and give the balls to more creative players.

Put Ndidi in a team like Arsenal that do not understand how to defend and the difference could be remarkable. Makalele in the galacticos team did exactly what Ndidi is doing today.. The dirty work..

Makalele left madrid and the team fell apart. They could not defend to save their lives..

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2019
Humility017:

to be honest all the Cfs invited are way ahead of him in the pecking order.
paul scored in the his first match for the super eagles against a renowned
opponent like the Egyptian.
Oshimen proved his worth against the libyans in asaba...had it been Awoniyi scored those goals
i.e the hat trick oshimen scored i doubt Rohr to have ignored his inclusion into the super eagles team
remember Okereke got an invitee for the next super eagles match against egypt from his display in that
match...that to tell you how rohr rated that Libya match...he watched the match himself.

and for nacho... rohr actually picked because of past exploits we all here know rohr does not really rate the belgian league
the time is just too short to try new players... and after all awoniyi is not that prolific compared to the invited players...

So why the clamor for Awoniyi then if not for sentimental reasons?
I am not one of those that will look at certain comments and look away.

Any player that deserves an invite will be invited irrespective of Region or Religious back-grounds. No room for quota system in the national teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:59pm On May 16, 2019
Akpeyi has gone to World Cup and Olympic...Ederson only the world cup..so Akpeyi is better..

Akpeyi has more international caps than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 16, 2019
LMAO!!!!

Gamaliel I nweru problem.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 16, 2019
isan:
The way most of them say these things without blinking always the make me laugh. As far as I am concerned, very few of our current players are average at best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:38pm On May 16, 2019
Ighalo is better than Suarez grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:40pm On May 16, 2019
gamaliel9:

Iheanacho is better than C Rinaldo

Ndidi is better than fernandinho

Uzoho is better than Allison. In fact, Uzoho is world class.

Ekong is a mentor to Van Digk.

grin grin. Wonders shall truly never cease

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:42pm On May 16, 2019
tbaba1234:
Ndidi is world class at what he does, breaking up play.... This is backed up by stats. He is the top tackler in the league, 2 seasons in a row. third in interceptions this season.

He has the most recoveries of any outfield player and the most aerials won by a midfielder in the league. What else are you looking for from a defensive point of view?

That my friends is the meaning of a world class DM... If you say, he is not world class, then he must be very close to it.

Yes, he has his weaknesses just like any player but Ndidi is world class.

Ndidi cannot pass. Top teams now value midfuelsers with that trait because goals win games and a good passer can create chances; defender or not

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:49pm On May 16, 2019
darkelf:

Ndidi cannot pass. Top teams now value midfuelsers with that trait because goals win games and a good passer can create chances; defender or not

That is not Ndidi's job though. His job is not to create chances or score goals. His job is to protect his defense from conceding goals. And he has been able to do that against the best attacks in the league. Against Man city, he was the best midfielder before Kompany's stunner.

His role might be undervalued but it does not make it less important.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:50pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

Where did I call iheanacho world class ? It seems you don't understand simple English

Your only World class are mikel and Ndidi

So when did I mention iheanacho and success and even nwakali ? I said all your players in eagles are average apart from those 2 so it included iheanacho and everyone else

Stop disgracing your self ,you know better .

You are the one disgracing yourself for jumping into debate you don't know the basics.

Let me state it clearly to you.

Icon4 never rated Awoniyi from the onset that was why he made the bolded statement below. To him, Awoniyi doesn't have one single talent but he sees every talents in the Nwakalis, Okerekes, Iheanachos, Successes, Yahayas, etc that makes then potential world class players.

The same way he claimed Osimhen was rated highly than Opabumi at the U17 level but after showing him fact he became mute.

That was the point I was driving at before you started jumping guns in support of him.

Imagine his last statement there.. 'we are talking about talent oooo'

Where is Yahaya and Nwakalis? I am not saying they will not make it but I am fishing out his bias, sentimental and prejudice mentality.

Icon4s:

Taiwo Awoniyi never scored in any Olympics qualfiers.

That game u are referring to was an All African game qualfier. Awoniyi and Osimhen were dropped mostly because of their age and stage of development then. You can not in any imagination use that game of 2005 to call for Awoniyi's inclusion into the SE in 2019.

If we have our full compliment of players who are U23 today Awoniyi will not be in starting 11.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2019
Liverpool football chief Michael Edwards has a shortlist of five transfer targets for the summer market.

The Daily Mail says Liverpool have assessed five starlets prior to the transfer window opening today, but Jurgen Klopp has changed his mind on Celta Vigo hitman Maxi Gomez.

Reds sporting director Edwards want to target young, hungry players who can put those in the first team under pressure.

Villareal's Samuel Chukwueze, Ajax's David Neres and Bayer Leverkusen's Julian Brandt are all in their sights.

Liverpool are also said to have ran the rule over Lille's Nicolas Pepe and Bristol City's Lloyd Kelly.

But, regarding Gomez, the Merseyside giants have cooled their interest.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/liverpool-chief-edwards-has-shortlist-of-five-transfer-targets-4281135#rPo0QCkP6YoZyZl4.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:58pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

Person wey never know wetin him to answer you ,person dey search the internet for answers and look for a 2 sided way ,just cool down e go answer you

Swear you don't use search engine before coming here to pretend you know all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 16, 2019
Musa and Al Nassr about to be crowned champions of Saudi Arabia!

A Winners Medal in sight for the world cup Legend!

Modified : He Won!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:03pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

So anderlecht is better than Valencia of Spain also ? Lol

Sevilla also better than Liverpool ?

Arsenal also better than Liverpool

Smiles

Do you want to dispute it? Do you know better than UEFA?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:04pm On May 16, 2019
darkelf:

Iheanacho is better than C Rinaldo

Ndidi is better than fernandinho

Uzoho is better than Allison. In fact, Uzoho is world class.

Ekong is a mentor to Van Digk.

grin grin. Wonders shall truly never cease

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2019
tbaba1234:
If a player like Ndidi was English or European, they will be raving about his defensive ability.

People say but he is not a great passer. I argue that he does not need to be. All he needs to do in a bigger team is keep the passes simple and give the balls to more creative players.

Put Ndidi in a team like Arsenal that do not understand how to defend and the difference could be remarkable. Makalele in the galacticos team did exactly what Ndidi is doing today.. The dirty work..

Makalele left madrid and the team fell apart. They could not defend to save their lives..

No mind them Ndidi and mikel obi are not average players

Anybody wey wan talk nonsense make e quote me

Na so one person call mane world class and mahrez is not world class ,yes I know mane is world class. But if mane is world class how come mahrez is not ?

Ndidi and mikel obi are world class

Ask them to call 10 top defensive midfielder in the Epl make I see their mumu list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:11pm On May 16, 2019
jihday:
even Belgium don't use players from their own league

They do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5952) (5953) (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) (5958) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads, humility33(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.