Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (79252 Views)

Ogah Onwe Chinedu, EBSU Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Victimization (Photos) / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up / Uniabuja Lecturer, Sani, Slumps And Dies During A Road Walk (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by alrasi: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Naughtysite:
NAH who dey Blur the man face nah ?
Wish I were a lawyer. This guy shoukd br lockrd up. There are so many like him. They like intimidating helpless students under the guise of flimsy excuses.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by xbit: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
Take it up also to Federal House of Representatives and Senate. The Dean, a woman for that matter is not worthy to be a mother.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by MrOreo(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
That bastard, the lady's story is so true, he's like that, the slowpoke even brags about it, ipray nemesis catches up with him soon. Hard luck 2 d lady in question....
in batman's voice like d oda lady said grin, he'll Bleed angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by olapluto(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
wacoj:
Hmmmm! People shouldn't be too hasty in arriving at a conclusion.
I only agree with the person who says there are three sides to the story.
We have heard only one, it will be unwise to start calling names.
My questions are:
Were you the only one that didn't get a table for the exam among the new relocated students?
Have they shared question papers when u entered the hall the first time? I knw u said u never saw it!
How long did it take u to come back?
Have you had any form of altercation with the lecturer before?
How many of you were affected?
Has he ever asked you for sex or money directly or indirectly?
How did you eventually graduate with the consistent Fs?

I don't know u neither do I know Adams but I believe No Lecturer of such a young age will lay his hand on any student of University of Abuja where you have Senators, ministers and governors children!

Tell us all the story you know my dear!

The belting part was just too spontaneous for me to believe. One moment you were kneeling and begging the lecturer to let you in. Moments later someone passed your script to you (while exam was going on!). Then the lecturer just got out his belt and started flogging MERCILESSLY!

And the Deans, HoD, NHRC, etc let the case slip away. So much that you had to come on social media to air it 5 years after...
Oh and she added curry and spices with the 'I have heard that he sexually harasses students' line. Were you sexually harassed? NO? He just saw you that day begging him, and he started flogging you!

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by hydrazone: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2016
olapluto:

The belting part was just too spontaneous for me to believe. One moment you were kneeling and begging the lecturer to let you in. Moments later someone passed your script to you (while exam was going on!). Then the lecturer just got out his belt and started flogging MERCILESSLY!

And the Deans, HoD, NHRC, etc let the case slip away. So much that you had to come on social media to air it 5 years after...
Oh and she added curry and spices with the 'I have heard that he sexually harasses students' line. Were you sexually harassed? NO? He just saw you that day begging him, and he started flogging you!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by olapluto(m): 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
hydrazone:

Even Her Dad let the case slip away...
Yeah. She was getting Fs because of one lecturer that assaulted her, but her father was not father enough to follow her back to the uni after that.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by wacoj(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
hydrazone:

Even Her Dad let the case slip away...

And people are busy insulting the young man without reasoning!
This same problem that put Nigeria in a mess today.

If you check this case well, you will find more evidence to nail the girl.
Does she even know the implication of her actions?
Character assassination with pictures gotten from social media.

Someone passed a paper to you from the hall while u were outside and exam was going on shocked shocked
What do u call that if not cheating shocked
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
deluxecad:

Check the year in the write-up, unless you're a bad reader.

Someone I know bought it at 80k in 2011

Na blind you blind abi you no just get sense? Didn't you read the "P.S" part of that post? Don't be stupid. Accusing me of what you are guilty
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by opedaydydx9(m): 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dint see the guy on Facebook though.. kissDint see the guy on Facebook though..
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Chigorkizz(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Mr.Adams is good at victimizing his students.He is good at extortion.You will never have good grade in his course if you didnt pay money.He always gives Carry over and most at times grade D andE.

His stat 200 made me not to graduate with first class after i got D in that course

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Fkhalifa(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nigerian lectures on this forum with similar attitude towards reading this thread...

I hope you can address yourselves before the wrath begins to descend on you all. angry

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Fkhalifa(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nigerian lectures on this forum with similar attitude towards students reading this thread...

I hope you can address yourselves before the wrath begins to descend on you all. angry

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by opedaydydx9(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
wacoj:

And people are busy insulting the young man without reasoning!
This same problem that put Nigeria in a mess today.

If you check this case well, you will find more evidence to nail the girl.
Does she even know the implication of her actions?
Character assassination with pictures gotten from social media.

Someone passed a paper to you from the hall while u were outside and exam was going on shocked shocked
What do u call that if not cheating shocked
u cn do the same I think, in all false allegations there will b an atom of truth, if the guy dint slap the babe she won't lie that he flogged her.. Common!

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by stainlink(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
I had the story then. The truth is actually not far from what she had said because i know adam my STA201 lecturer... I was a class rep in the computer science department those days. You gat balls gurl even though u are a girl shocked shocked. Laplace story go soon enter this forum. Bloody statisticians. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by xtervaganza(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
I pray and hope he puts him down

Awon oloshi. That was how this people supported a cultists who wanted to kill me back then and even threatened to rusticated me the victim
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by josite: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
if the lecturer belts u,the appropriate place to go is the police.report him for assault and battery and if the dean asked you to state your side of the story on the malpractice form and u refused,that amounts taking the law into your own hands and you ought to be rightly sanctioned by the university for that.

IT would have been tidier if the university asked you to face a disciplinary committee and judged your matter accordingly and if you are not satisfied you can sue the university and the lecturer. threatening his life as you are doing will surely land you in an undesirable place.what if something happened to him and you are not the author but you are fingered because of your threats,go to kirikiri and see folks languishing in jail because of empty threats made against persons who were later attacked by other persons.in conclusion your reaction to the alleged wrongs you suffer is most inappropriate.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by OlujobaSamuel: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
pls take him up dear, there is nothing to forgive here, he might be privileged to become a VC tomorrow or even Nigeria's president, who knows.
Let's kill his career before he kills the society.
*if your story is true*

4 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Samadict(f): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
I wasn't surprised to read comments defending the mean lecturer. I guess leaving the examination hall was good reason to flog Kemi right? Not surprised at all....why won't mean people defend someone like them? The evidences should be re-visited, verified and the so called lecturer should be dealt with if found guilty. He should serve as an example to his fellow lecturers.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Xagaa(m): 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Trust me, if all we have read here is entirely and exactly wot transpired, then such lecturer cannot and should not go unpunished!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by elfico(m): 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
Atlast their sigidi(wooden effigy) don dance inside rain. The lecturers in that department are unnaturally cruel. Wetin them carry pesin eye see no be here. I am inclined to believe all the allegations against him because no be today we don dey hear their story. I just hope they use him as a lesson.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Mbediogu(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pinkieblue:
This lady has really got some BALLS.... to stand up and fight for what she knows is right

Fight till justice is obtained

But I wonder why the lecturer should beat her up with his belt

You have no right to beat a lady who is of ripe age even if she is your daughter. That is not part of campus discipline. Many fathers will send you to the grave one way or the other. Be warned.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by alphaking(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
All these stupid lecturers. I hope she gets justice
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by afroxyz: 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
Josephamstrong1:
Nah story una dey find.
Na u wey b gal shaa. dem no born dat lecturer wel to bring out belt flog me or any of my relation.
Go UNN ask Joseph Amstrong o.
I dey fight my lecturers their and then...make case begin later. u dey craze? If u're frustrated, go dey Zoo wt monkeys.
Na so dem begin dey remove eye for my matter o. doz men dey fear o, forget. We bcam paddies.
I graduated wt clean slate, no carryova or anytn.
4yrs ago shaa.
I hate stories like dz... Wat do I say? men no dey campus again. Na all dz mama boiz. Hw for exam hall dem no allow gal enter hall or una dey thr man dey flog gal for wetin? And una stl comfortable dey write exam... stupidity of highest order. wetin do aluta fraternities?
Na so, one lecturer beat person for hall... see race naa, he fear.
Anoda sadist come pose say sm ppl no go write exam, I was like...nobody write den. And nobody did write any paper dat day...na me dey door o. enter naa. Dem finally cancelled d paper and gave us all Cs.
Students no longer kw thr Rights. Read ya skul ryts and kw ya stance.
Abeeeeg, Amma outta here.

Super lion, no blame the bloody Jews, Lobbers and VHLs. Pussies. Anyway my point is this, why did you drop the case even after you had reported to NHRC and your father had petitioned the VC? Why drop the case especially when it was obvious that the dean was scared because of your father's 'connections'. You just mumu-ly dropped the case when it was hot and fresh only to come back 5 years later? You are a bloody coward. Move on with your life jare
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by mikolo80: 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pinkieblue:
This lady has really got some BALLS.... to stand up and fight for what she knows is right

Fight till justice is obtained

But I wonder why the lecturer should beat her up with his belt
which mumu baklls,after dropping the case?mtscheeew who come lose the teacher wen de Bleep am up ,phone,exam,flogging,peace of mind and years of her life or she that is crying after giving up chance to screw him up finally
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by fixedhollies(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
They push people to carry arms and kill them.... yet they have no single ayeta.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
afroxyz:

Super lion, no blame the bloody Jews, Lobbers and VHLs. Pussies. Anyway my point is this, why did you drop the case even after you had reported to NHRC and your father had petitioned the VC? Why drop the case especially when it was obvious that the dean was scared because of your father's 'connections'. You just mumu-ly dropped the case when it was hot and fresh only to come back 5 years later? You are a bloody coward. Move on with your life jare

100jolomi for u Nwannemuz.
Na y I dey vex naa.
she juz dey seek attention. As matter don die so, nathn for her. Wey u don see say dem resurrect person. fellaz wey wan try am ystdai dey kuje.
she better face reality b4 her and stop all dz social media ranting.
All hail super and great lions!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by samjadinero(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Statistics and oshonu lecturers
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by JayJustus(m): 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
really sorry for what you faced and I hope you can get through this on the winning side...

I also face the same thing here in Malaysia...I stood my ground with a lecturer that made me redo my whole project thrice cos I refused to kiss his behind like other students do...we are only two Africans in my faculty...one Nigerian myself and a Kenyan guy...he made just two of us redo it claiming our work wasn't good enough whereas the rest didn't even do up to half of what we did...threatened to fail us but I took his Chinese booty to the vice chancellor...they summoned an emergency meeting with myself, my Dean, the stupid lecturer and the VC of my school... I stood my ground, yelled at him and finally told the panel that I've never had less than a B in any of his courses and in all courses since I started in that school and they can check my records and that if I fail this one we'd grind it out in court... and I walked out ***as a fearless Lagos boy from the streets of agege***

end of semester I scaled through with everyone having a C in that course...well the guy sees me and says hi and as a boss I just walk past...my faculty was so scared that they had to stop him from teaching any course in which I was taking...now I demand and everyone is shaking like a jellyfish...

so stand your ground if you're right and never kiss anyone behind...

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by ewizard1: 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
Before anything sef!

I know a lot other lecturers who are same as this accused man. And i pray you all meet your waterloo soon!

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
Matters arising...(I know no one would read this post...sulk sulk wink)

1.The problem with University of Abuja is that it is a poorly equiped university. It does not have enough facilities....especially in the buildings and the furnishings. That is why the OP was looking for chair and why the lecturer came to swap students.

A bit about UniAbuja. The University's Mini Campus is the size of a secondary school . The Main Campus (which started development very late in the day)...is just as small too.

That is why students have issues getting seated at the campus.

2.I guess the reason why the lecturer was suspicious was because the student left the hall. Now...the problem here is that due to the lack of adequate space...lecturers have to be extremely suspicious of students. And yes,students cheat in many sophisticated ways. (I speak as the son of lecturers....who have many tales to tell). Hence the argument...because....many a lecturer has been played the fool by a student pretending to leave exam hall '' to ease himself or herself'' only to snatch dubs from the toilet....

3.I agree fully that the lecturer did victimize the student....but something tells me the flogging was not ''severe'' as it was made out to be.But still, many lecturers do mistreat students....and the problem is that there is no recourse for the university student to report erring lecturers to the authority. So...many students take extreme measures (Like the AAU engineering student who resorted to exposing her randy lecturer on camera when he would not leave her alone ....the video was viral on Youtube for weeks.).

4.The fact is that there is an us vs them mentality between university students and lecturers. Now...not all lecturers are bad. Many are very approachable and nice to students. I think that the problem is that the fact that universities have become crowded, lecturers have become overworked, and quality of students has declined (eg...our OP was saying ceased...instead of seized my blackberry...says something about the quality of students IF someone cannot use English properly). Add the fact that the corrupt Nigerian society has infiltrated the schooling system....and you have the mess we face.

5.So what is to be done here.

a) I think that there has to be a thorough investigation into the allegations made against the lecturer concerned. That does not mean that the lecturer is guilty(there could also be a gang up against the lecturer because he is considered too''strict''....yes such things happen)...but this issue needs to be sorted out before it ends badly.

b) I think it is high time University of Abuja had its main campus completed. Because...that mini campus and the main campus as it is is not fit for purpose. The space is very limited for students., accommodation is poor, study facilities are poor...so poor, and living space for lecturers and students is bad. University of Abuja was established to be primus inter pares...instead it has become another messed up Nigerian university.

c) I also strongly think that universities should really listen to their students. I did a postgrad degree at a British University. Several times over the year...the authorities of the department where I was a student KEPT ON ASKING US...IF WE WERE OK, ANY COMPLAINTS, WAS THE COURSE SATISFACTORY., etc (They EVEN ASKED US TO CRITIQUE THE COURSE WE WERE ON....WERE WE DOING THE RIGHT SUBJECTS, ETC). In all my years in schooling in Nigeria....I had never ever been asked about my opinions about anything (My Nigerian university where i did undergrad did ask us to write what needed improving on our student registration form...but as one of my mates joked back then...They do not read it!). Most Nigerian universities need to show they care about their students....because many students do not think they do.

d) I also think that our students too need to be a bit more humble. We are very proud and arrogant sadly. In my years as a student , I was once punished by one of my lecturers (it was a clear misunderstanding).I took my punishment and kept quiet. To cut a long story short...that lecturer became more friendly to me later on in the course. Imagine what would have happened if I acted proud. We are in university not just to get degree and get out...but to learn to follow instructions.

e) We should also learn to be a bit wise. As a student , many times I have been in a situation where I had issues with my exam table/materials. Instead of leaving the exam hall...I drew the examiner/supervisor's attention to it. If our OP had done that...instead of leaving the hall, and drawing the suspicion of a lecturer who had been played several times by cheating students in the past....maybe we won't be here talking about this.

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by wroskian(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
This happens when a man decides to become a lecturer not out of passion but out of frustration. Nigerian students are unfortunately at the mercy of frustrated lecturers scattered all over Nigerian universities.
Is it by force to lecture? Why transfer aggression to an innocent soul?

I hereby suggest that would-be lecturers be subjected to mental checks before engaging them in higher institutions.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
darlenese:

According to Paul Okoye undecided
I'm sorry, Paul who?
you mean Robert Evans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) / Who Is That Teacher, Whenever He Stands Like This, You Start Running? (Picture) / Some Grammatical Mistakes You Make And Things You Say Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.