Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (249814 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
syllogism:

No experience is necessary to do the work. I wouldn't care if a 12 year old did it so long as they could do it right. Really it just requires that they can read English very well, have attention to detail, and are intelligent.

Is Nsukka a poor area? I thought since it was near a university it would be less poor.

Nsukka is not necessarily a poor area, but in a country where 70% live on less than $2 a day, to pay someone over $2 an [b]hour [/b]in a small town is a lot of money.

To highlight, even a lot of graduates in Lagos with less than 3 years of experience do not make N1.1m a year, majority are far off it. To pay someone in a town without any much industries and companies and hence hardly any jobs, that amount, I can only assume, is very good money.

Another benchmark basis for you is that, in the First World called South Korea, the average national wage is  $17K, so imagine paying someone half of that in a small town, not even Lagos, which will be regarded as ghetto in South Korea.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by syllogism: 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Okay, now I have some perspective on this. Thanks.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by lanrubi(m): 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
seun, in nigeria or in places like abuja, phc, i think we should here from pple who live in these places,they are in the best position to tell us the good salary for naija
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by kodewrita(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
Rent for a good 2-bed flat in ph is 350k minimum./annum. (2 years rent: minimum 700k + 70k agency initially).
Gen + Nepa: 120k/annum
Transport 240k to 500k
Feeding: 500k

Good salary might be 3m/annum i.e 250k. so you can have some leftover.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MIKEP: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2011
syllogism
Can we talk? I have 24hrs internet service, and i love such jobs; not really considering the pay for now. This is my emai id: daddymike4u@yahoo.com.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by jamebex(m): 10:15am On May 02, 2011
Fellow NLanders, i have been reading this for sometime now but it seems is only Oil & gas, bank, telecom that people post. Please i will be glad if anyone can give insight to the entry level salary of any of the following pharmaceutical companies 1 EMZOR 2 FIDSON 3 SWISS PHARM 4 GEMINI PHARM 5 ORANGE DRUGS LTD and others which you may know. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by quoxouq(m): 4:51pm On May 03, 2011
House, please is there anyone who knows the Nigerian Civil Service really well?

I need info about which arms an engineering graduate can work that'll be relevant to Electrical Engineering.

Is LNG part of the civil service?
Thanx
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tundesto(m): 8:08pm On May 03, 2011
How much is someone on level 8/2 earns based on newly approved Federal salary structure?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tundesto(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2011
How much is someone on level 8/2 earns based on newly approved Federal salary structure?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tundesto(m): 8:14pm On May 03, 2011

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Pinoralia: 2:37pm On May 05, 2011
Considering how price of commodities soars on daily basis. Payscale of nothing less than 100k for a fresh graduate is still bearable.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Paulo1980: 3:01pm On May 06, 2011
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nosyke(m): 1:25pm On May 10, 2011
With the new minimum wage implemented, how much will an entry level graduate in the Nigerian Federal civil service (specifically, the Nigerian Social Insurance trust fund) expect to earn.
Please help with genuine info.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by sartorius(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2011
Doctors especially with the newly approved conmess are relatively comfortable

applicable to those working with federal health institutions and with some state goverments who have approved it

also docs workin in reputable private units/research/academia/Ngos

fresh medical graduate(intern) 180k per mnth

junior resident jst after nysc (260k per mnth)

senior reident (320k per mnth)

consultant starts from 800per mnth plus honorarium if u double as a lecturer i.e in unn oau unilag et all
i know some profs that earn as much as 1.5 mill per mnth

NB if u pass all ur exams at one sittin it wud take u 8 yrs if u decide to got to surgery
6 yrs if u decide to go to medicine
abt 5 yrs if other sub specialties psychiatry obstetrics and gynaecology pediatrics etc

plus outside consultation,

all these come with accomodation in some cases

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 11:43am On May 14, 2011
^^
That good?
I guess the strike did pay off after all. Hoping to see better quality of work from our doctors.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by jackpot(f): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
Give me 100k p/m (with job security assured) and i'm yours
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by bizmanfr: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about launching a "business management" business in Nigeria for some time now. Basically, I want to hire a team of people to remotely manage several legitimate businesses that I do not have time to manage.

My reasoning is that I have dozens of opportunities that would make a lot of money but I don't have time to take advantage of them. In Nigeria people have loads of qualifications and capabilities but little opportunities. So by hiring qualified people in Nigeria I can take advantage of many opportunities at the same time with out spending 100,000's of dollars.

So here is my question:

Could I find highly qualified business people in Nigeria that could handle making and managin businesses remotely?

And most importantly, how much would I need to pay to be competitive per year? Good people would never have to worry about job security. I would look to hire for years.

Also, what else should I be concerned about with starting a business in Nigeria?

Thanks for the help!

Dave
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by DisGuy: 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
^
You need to be around!! most important thing to consider!!!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
bizmanfr:

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about launching a "business management" business in Nigeria for some time now. Basically, I want to hire a team of people to remotely manage several legitimate businesses that I do not have time to manage.

My reasoning is that I have dozens of opportunities that would make a lot of money but I don't have time to take advantage of them. In Nigeria people have loads of qualifications and capabilities but little opportunities. So by hiring qualified people in Nigeria I can take advantage of many opportunities at the same time with out spending 100,000's of dollars.

So here is my question:

Could I find highly qualified business people in Nigeria that could handle making and managin businesses remotely?

And most importantly, how much would I need to pay to be competitive per year? Good people would never have to worry about job security. I would look to hire for years.

Also, what else should I be concerned about with starting a business in Nigeria?

Thanks for the help!

Dave

I think what you need to hire is a manager for your various lines of business, and forget about trying to drill down to the resources that are needed on the ground. Sort of like a CEO who will set up the business and run it for you. That's very possible.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Muza(m): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
250 for a start is ok
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by boloase(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2011
Any hv neva worked wit any company b4. I'm abt to finish my nysc (batch c). But from my own point of view i think a good salary shud b btw 60-80 4 fresher & anytin abov dat 4 expe. Workers
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by jamebex(m): 7:42am On Aug 21, 2011
jamebex:

Fellow NLanders, i have been reading this for sometime now but it seems is only Oil & gas, bank, telecom that people post. Please i will be glad if anyone can give insight to the entry level salary of any of the following pharmaceutical companies 1 EMZOR 2 FIDSON 3 SWISS PHARM 4 GEMINI PHARM 5 ORANGE DRUGS LTD and others which you may know. Thanks in anticipation.
help pls
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Fiver: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2011
^N25,000- N50000 if you are lucky, entry level what. pharmacist?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by daraxz(m): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2011
guaranty trust bank starting salary is (180000) monthly and (21600000) annually and is one of the highest paying banks if not the highest
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Fiver: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2011
Na only bank dey employ
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by imperiouxx(m): 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
Good topic. What about the salary scale those scientists working in medical research like the Nigeria Institute of Medical Research?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by THEScot: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hello,

I currently live in Italy and am looking where to move to when I leave here.

Sorry to interupt the thread, but I was looking at salary info and have a couple of questions

1 - is the internet reliable?
2 - is it possible to get unlimited phone contracts to the UK?
3 - iS the area safe?  Apologies I have been looking randomly at many countries and do not know much about any!
4 - I would still be earning money from the UK - what is the level of tax?  I might pay tax in  Nigeria if it is less.
5 - I would want to rent an apartment - what sort of price would a nice 3 bed cost?

thank you

Sorry for interupting the thread!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:25am On Nov 13, 2011
Where u live matters alot and deternines the kinda pay an average worker would need to take care of himself
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by vishal4278: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2011
I am having experience of 8 years, got an offer of 30000 USD / ANNUM in local bank account (TAX FREE) + furnished accomodation, car with a driver , medical insurance, etc, they will also paying the bonus of 6000 USD / ANNUM

Is this the right salary for a family of 3, my present earning is 18000 USD in INDIA.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by TCD: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2011
vishal4278:

I am having experience of 8 years, got an offer of 30000 USD / ANNUM in local bank account (TAX FREE) + furnished accomodation, car with a driver , medical insurance, etc, they will also paying the bonus of 6000 USD / ANNUM

Is this the right salary for a family of 3, my present earning is 18000 USD in INDIA.

Your salary sounds okay, it should carry you and your family comfortably in Nigeria. Its even better Than your current 18000 salary.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by SailorXY: 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2011
for me a good salary for graduates in Nigeria should be at least upto half of what our lawmakers get on allowances # Period # grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by odiraa(f): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
pls someone in the house should help me to answer this question. how much does a fresher in an insurance company earns?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.