Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (249953 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MrsAbike(f): 5:49am On Jan 04, 2012
How much does a driver, housemaid and a cook cost in Nigeria?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yamakuza: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
MrsAbike:

How much does a driver, housemaid and a cook cost in Nigeria?

driver - N30k to N40k
maid - N10k to N20k
cook - N10k to N30k

per month.

Depends on the status of the employer.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by princeparis(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
with subsidy removed
driver - 60-80k
housemaid/cook 30-50k
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MrsAbike(f): 2:03am On Jan 05, 2012
Is that a year or monthly salary?
yamakuza:

driver - N30k to N40k
maid - N10k to N20k
cook - N10k to N30k

Depends on the status of the employer.
Is that per month or per year?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by violent(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
MrsAbike:

Is that a year or monthly salary?

look at the figures again, this time slowly, then try some common sense and you may be able to see that the question is not needed afterall.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
violent:

look at the figures again, this time slowly, then try some common sense and you may be able to see that the question is not needed afterall.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

ROFLMAO

I was about to respond in kind. What a question. grin grin grin grin grin

Serious question. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 6:50am On Mar 17, 2012
I have lived in the US for about 18 years and planning to come back home to Nigeria. My House is almost complete in Ikorodu and will be coming home with 3 vehicles and monthly steady income of $2000 a month. Can I consider that to be okay for a family of 4? I know about extended family asking for help as usual however, I am setting aside N1m to fund their wahala. Any suggestion?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2012
ALANKIWA: I have lived in the US for about 18 years and planning to come back home to Nigeria. My House is almost complete in Ikorodu and will be coming home with 3 vehicles and monthly steady income of $2000 a month. Can I consider that to be okay for a family of 4? I know about extended family asking for help as usual however, I am setting aside N1m to fund their wahala. Any suggestion?

Hi, depending on your personal taste, people live on less than that in a month and they still live well.

The fact that you have a house of your own is a huge burden that has gotten off your shoulders. But, do you intend to pay your kids' school fees from the 2kD?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2012
@Tanimola: Thanks for the response. To your question, the answer is NO. My big girl will be 18 and my little girl will be around 12 years. I plan to set aside N1m for my little girl school and N3m for my big girl. The $2000 will be for living expenses like food, clothing,gas for cars and power generator, cable tv, cell phones and other minor stuff. No personal driver, No housemaid. Do you now think that $2000 will be enough for living expenses.I plan to invest in stock and maintain a money market account of about N26m. My friends are telling me not to come back to Nigeria because of the issues that the country is going through. I love my country and must come back home.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 1:11am On Mar 18, 2012
Oga you are loaded O. 26Milla is not easy O.

Some arithmetic:
2k Dollars=260,000 say 1 dollar=130

Food:
2 pots of soup every week=4000*4
Bag of rice, beans, garri, salt, pepper=max 30,000

Clothes:
Some of us don't really shop every month.
You=25,000, wife=20,000, kids=20,000

Fuel:
20,000 for generator
30,000 for your motor

Gas:
Not too expensive. Say 11, 000

DSTV Cable:
40,000 should get you a number of quality channels. But you first need to buy the decoder and all. These are additional one off costs.

Recharge Card:
Monthly: you-2000x4, your madam-1500x4, your kids-500x2x4 (they must learn how to manage. This is not America)

Say N219,000=1684,6 dollars. Please go over the arithmetic and correct any errors in computation.

It should not be too far away from the above if you and your family can avoid extravaganza. Other things like soap, air fresher and the likes won't cost more than 50K. Patapata add 500$ to 2000$ and you should be almost fine.

Speak to asset managers like ARM and co. I won't say you should just put your cash in the stock market.

3M and 1M can get them into very nice schools. British International Secondary School and co don't cost more than 2.5milla per year. There are many others that cost less than 1 milla per year and they are very good.

3 Likes

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 4:40am On Mar 18, 2012
@Tanimola: Thanks again.na wao things have really changed in Nigeria. When do we start cooking with N4000. People are really strugling. I tried to imagine someone earning N50k a month with 2 kids and extended family wahala.You have really opened my eyes to what the situation is in Nigeria. The last time I was in Nigeria was in 2000 which is about 12 years ago.May God answer our prayers and spear the less fortunate amongst us. Thank you once again. Only God knows tomorrow. Our tomorrow in Nigeria will be bright and fufilling.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
^^^^50K person will not eat that kind of soup O.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
@Tanimola: What do you think about running a private primary school in lagos? What is the business potential? How saturated is the business at the moment?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2012
ALANKIWA: @Tanimola: What do you think about running a private primary school in lagos? What is the business potential? How saturated is the business at the moment?

Very saturated, I must tell you. Plus getting a license nowadays is not a piece of cake again.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yamakuza: 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
tanimola22:

Very saturated, I must tell you. Plus getting a license nowadays is not a piece of cake again.

i think it depends oh!

Places like sango ota, ikorodu, mowe and all those new settlements still need good schools.

Just that i cant say much about the income bracket of those living there.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
yamakuza:

i think it depends oh!

Places like sango ota, ikorodu, mowe and all those new settlements still need good schools.

Just that i cant say much about the income bracket of those living there.

Yeah, you are correct. I wasn't especially thinking of those places.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 5:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
I am not so worried about making crazy profit. I just want a school that will be affordable and make a difference in the lives of these kids. My house is in Ikorodu (PZ Industrial Area) Why is getting a license a big deal? Is it due to bribery and corruption or the process streamline.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
ALANKIWA: I am not so worried about making crazy profit. I just want a school that will be affordable and make a difference in the lives of these kids. My house is in Ikorodu (PZ Industrial Area) Why is getting a license a big deal? Is it due to bribery and corruption or the process streamline.

Not that it is impossible, but it was much, much simpler to get a license before 2005. I mean, it was ridiculously easy to get. A senior colleague of mine was heading one pangolo crappy private primary school and it was called a school grin. The charge for each student was 2,500 for primary 1-3, 3000 for primary 4-5, something like this. It was really ridiculous, yet people depended on my friend and his teachers to educate their kids. Life is not easy sha. May God help us.

Be that as it may, someone like you should not find it hard to get a license. Just speak some fone and tell them you want to develop Nigerians at the grassroots level. Tell them that this is the main thing that is bringing you/brought you to Naija. Convince them that not giving you a license would jeopardize some kids' chances of getting quality education at an affordable cost. Then be ready to still grease palms. This is naija!!! However, you may be lucky to skip greasing.

T22

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
Thank you my friend. I will definetely look into that prospect. I have not forgotten the greasy part of Naija culture. Corruption is in every country however, Naija have it wide open. Institutional Corruption. Regardless, I love my country. I definetely have to be around to run a school up to the standard that I envisage. Eyan o kin gbe okere mo dundun obe. I will hope to have school that will prepare kids for a better future. Thanks again for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yogun(f): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2012
Very informative...

I know of some Advertising Agencies that pay v well too

Entry level is above 2.4m p.ɑ̈ inclusive of benefits. Which is not so bad i guess
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tanimola22: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
yogun: Very informative...

I know of some Advertising Agencies that pay v well too

Entry level is above 2.4m p.ɑ̈ inclusive of benefits. Which is not so bad i guess

^^^ Insight Comm?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2012
Erm I
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Topsido(m): 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2012
tanimola22: Oga you are loaded O. 26Milla is not easy O.

Some arithmetic:
2k Dollars=260,000 say 1 dollar=130

Food:
2 pots of soup every week=4000*4
Bag of rice, beans, garri, salt, pepper=max 30,000

Clothes:
Some of us don't really shop every month.
You=25,000, wife=20,000, kids=20,000

Fuel:
20,000 for generator
30,000 for your motor

Gas:
Not too expensive. Say 11, 000

DSTV Cable:
40,000 should get you a number of quality channels. But you first need to buy the decoder and all. These are additional one off costs.

Recharge Card:
Monthly: you-2000x4, your madam-1500x4, your kids-500x2x4 (they must learn how to manage. This is not America)

Say N219,000=1684,6 dollars. Please go over the arithmetic and correct any errors in computation.

It should not be too far away from the above if you and your family can avoid extravaganza. Other things like soap, air fresher and the likes won't cost more than 50K. Patapata add 500$ to 2000$ and you should be almost fine.

Speak to asset managers like ARM and co. I won't say you should just put your cash in the stock market.

3M and 1M can get them into very nice schools. British International Secondary School and co don't cost more than 2.5milla per year. There are many others that cost less than 1 milla per year and they are very good.

Tanimola u r d most lovely clown I hav ever come accross I wud definitely luv u if we met hahahaha
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by itopa505: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2012
How much does a level 8 civil servant earn please?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yamakuza: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
itopa505: How much does a level 8 civil servant earn please?

btwn N65k and N95k
www.nairaland.com/659141
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by itopa505: 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2012
Thanks so that means a new entry will earn 65 right?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
65-100k, i think
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yamakuza: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2012
itopa505: Thanks so that means a new entry will earn 65 right?

means it depends on where you work. Some pay 65, some 95 and others inbetween.

Hope you read the thread i linked my last post to?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
violent:

Bros, u bahd o, i cant stop laughing.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ibudes: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hello
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by FemiAdesina: 3:10pm On May 04, 2012
Hi peeps am into properties sales nd letting am looking for a small office to share and manage on the mainland, ikeja, surulere, anthony, maryland, yaba etc i want easy access for my clients.. Am not hoping for free but looking at monthly payment, all i need is a space i can put a table and a chair to welcome my clients and discuss before we go to d field i am usually on d road conducting inspection and meetings.. Plz if you can be of help am ready to play by rules. Text me i wil cal 08181856883
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by deyjoessy(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2012
A good salary is really difficult to determine as this in mine own opinion will depend on individual understanding and economy, in Europe at the moment cleaners get about 1000 to 1300 depend on the company but at graduate level should be around a minimum of 2800 euro depending on the profession i know a guy who is a security guard earning 1800 monthly but don't forget that you earn in hard currency you also spend in hard currency too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.