Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (249923 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by weev(f): 5:48am On Feb 23, 2006
how much could a university lecturer expect to be paid in Nigeria?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by nikinash(f): 8:45am On Feb 23, 2006
not enough to take him home grin
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by weev(f): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2006
nikinash:

not enough to take him home grin

really that disappointing i would love to come back to Nigeria to work but i do not think it would be financially possible!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by nikinash(f): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2006
you could do something else. consulting for example.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by dappy777(m): 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2006
weev:

really that disappointing i would love to come back to Nigeria to work but i do not think it would be financially possible!

Don't loose your dream. You can make it in Nigeria. It's full of opportunities. smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by nikinash(f): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2006
too true smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by eke: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2006
I think lecturers are not earning so badly. Most of the lecturers can afford cars and can even (the professors) send their chilren abroad to study. Plus, they have lots of time for private businesses
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by nikinash(f): 3:45pm On Feb 23, 2006
I think lecturers are not earning so badly. Most of the lecturers can afford cars and can even (the professors) send their chilren abroad to study. Plus, they have lots of time for private businesses

reason why they can afford to send their kids abroad is cos they have too much time for private biz, not cos they earn enough to even dress well.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Jezgirl(f): 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2006
Im a student in d UK studyin Pharmacy as a course.Im willin 2 become a Pharmacist in future.So can ne1 let me know wot company pays gud salary rate in Nigeria coz im thinkin of comin bck 2 nigeria 2 settle down after i finish my course.So plz ppl,can ne1 tell me a gud pharmaceutical company n d rate pf pay.Thanks. smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by shaddy(f): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2006
@ Jezgirl,
i understand wat u r saying dat u don't want 2 settle down in UK.You can try some companies that have a branch in Nigeria like Pfizer, glaxosmithkline and so on.Just try and find a company that have a branch in Nigeria although is not easy but you gat to try if you want a well paid job but there are some companies as well in Nigeria that paid very well.i am in Uk so i don't knw a lot and am thinking of going back 2 nigeria wen i finish studying my Engineering course.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Jezgirl(f): 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ Shaddy, I really appreciate ur opinion.I will take it in2 consideration.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ronkeD(f): 3:31am On Mar 14, 2006
i use to work for FOUNTAIN TRUST BANK, when i was in Nigeria and my take home was around 68,000 for fresher and now that i work in the UK my salary is, kiss
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2006
N20,000
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by pinklips(m): 11:12am On Apr 02, 2006
Entry level into manufacturing sector generally as a management trainee will attract between 50---- 150k/mnth basic salary allowances vary anyway from company to company.

Experienced level are well paid in the manufacturing industry.
It takes a minimun of ten years for a fresh graduate to get to the snr mangt level

For mid career guys it is very very ifficult to get to the top. policies.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by dremoney(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2006
Laughzzzzzz.u guyz are funny, una just dey mention pay like dat, my pple all na scope, na pple wey dey d system go yarn u d koko, which oceanic dey pay 2m?na yam?i know they pay high but mami there pepper p.a.no reach 2m abeg.
Hehe,bros Harizone,
e b like say na d same shoe we dey oo.i graduated 4yrs ago(black-face song)and i go like make u introduce me to dat ur business or perhaps invite me over to join, my e-mail(abakinola@yahoo.com)
Now back to d main question,,an average pay shuld be equivalent to 700pounds monthly.at least Lagos is d 72nd most xpensive city in d world, u guyz gat to consider dat unlike jd dat is 7th.Norway sef dey xpensive pass lag.
All in all sha,,
I NEED A JOB.IM A GRADUATE OF ACCOUNTING WIT KNOWLEDGE OF SYSTEM AND NETWORK ENGINEERING.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by aderaskeey(m): 2:09am On Apr 28, 2006
total emolument (after tax) is 78K, and i made double that as a part-time online entrepreneur. I am barely one year old on the internet.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 6:14pm On May 20, 2006
If you made double your income as a part-time online entrepreneur, why did you quit?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by aderaskeey(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2006
QUIT

No, or Yes, something must quit for the other. one is increasing while the other is constant or stagnant. My online adventure is a relatively new experience and I believe I have a treasure to offer the world (80% of visitors to my site are outside the shores of Nigeria) through it, (just like u bro.) and I cant quit thre FUTURE. that is the future crude oil in Nigeria!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by dearie(m): 11:18am On May 26, 2006
Hey! How come nobody is talking about Aviation! there is so much Money in the aviation sector, u know! Or is it because of the crashes that everyone seem to be at a distance from this fat-paying-jobs in the sector.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by RealZ: 2:46am On Jun 06, 2006
Interesting discuss! As a first timer on this thread, I just wondered if someone can give a real insight into the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria and what they pay. As I am a Clinical Researcher within the Indstry In the UK, I have a strong feeling not a lot of R&D takes place in the pharma companies in Nigeria besides manufacturing. Where do you expect I could start from in the Industry in Nigeria and how much to expect.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2006
Interesting topic. I am always curious to know the salary range in naija. I graduated from college in the early 90's and moved abroad, so I am not at all conversant with the pay structure back home. However, at the time I lived in Naija, the pay for graduates was about 5k a month in the banking sector. I am talking about the early 90's period which was good money. So, you could imagine my surprise when my cousin told me in 99 that she was making 50k a month for some bank in Nigeria. As of the time she left for yankee, her salary had more than doubled. I don't know what my salary worth would be back home, but me and my brother were discussing on the merits and demerits of moving abroad and having to struggle from scratch. But the environment in yankee ameliorates the challenges. For a car, you can just make car payments monthly for five years instead of bothering to save what? 5 million naira to buy one, which may be a herculean task for wage earners in non plum positions.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by warenc(m): 10:51am On Jun 20, 2006
A GOOD SALARY IS 250000K TO 550000K FOR A NIGERIAN GRADUATE ANYTHING LESS IS POVERTY.SHELL PAY AS HIGH AS 350000 FOR FRESHMAN THNKS
[b][/b][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2006
350,000 per month? Wow, I have suddenly developed inferiority complex. I will work harder!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by wonuola(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
for a fresh graduate 100 to 120 grand is a good salary you can then build on what you have
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 25, 2006
say 50k
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2006
Average of N100,000 is right!! (give or take N20,000) cheesy
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by hola2ng(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2006
What exactly is a good salary?

No matter how much we'all make
It'll never bring true hapinness.

More money? More problems !
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by creamdream: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2006
Hey,How much does the average worker earn in Nigeria ?what is the salary scale for a fresh worker in the MINISTERY  federal or state? am trying to make a choice, (creamdream007@hotmail.com)  THANKS
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by cocopops(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2006
Thanks guys! This post has really helped me gain a more insightful perception on the topic.

I am completing a masters in the UK this summer. I have had no previous full-time work experience and I received an offer from the Nigerian branch of one of the so called "Big Four" consulting firms and the total package amounted to about N130,000 (after tax etc).

Do you guys think it is reasonable or could one get better elsewere?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by creamdream: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2006
Hey it all depends on Job security, to start with whats the name of the company?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ayoeze11(m): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2006
From the discussion one can say oil industry is the biggest player in takehome, entry level in multinational ranges from 200 to 260 k
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by cocopops(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2006
@*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.