Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900704 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:49pm On May 15, 2016
Well done and welcome.

@ bolded: my colleague said 'Teebaby, this childbirth in America thing is like an exam oooo'. I was just laughing.

[quote author=TLKMama post=45643315]Hello All,

If you are going for a masters degree that will cost almost N5million backtoback (now that exchange rate is not smiling) Will you not READ? Will you be going to exam hall expecting expo?!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 2:59pm On May 15, 2016
Thank you lots.

happytbaby:
Well done and welcome.

@ bolded: my colleague said 'Teebaby, this childbirth in America thing is like an exam oooo'. I was just laughing.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simplysu: 3:01pm On May 15, 2016
Obikada:

Thanks @simplysu.. Did you get an obstetrician before you left or you plan to do so after you meet with your financial advisor? If yes, can I have contact details for the ob/gyn you would be using? I'm asking Coz from all I have gathered here, you need a doctors correspondence asides the hospital correspondence. Help please.

Sorry am just seeing this, an obgyn was assigned to me when I booked an appointment and made payment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 3:09pm On May 15, 2016
So sorry for your loss. May God grant F&F all the Peace and comfort they need at this trying time.

nefertitiram:

It's Ada oooo!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
Hello everyone , good to know this thread is growing.@TLKMama lovely point of entry summary you have there. @ Nerf sorry about your loss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 5:15pm On May 15, 2016
Thank you.

Tvegas:
Hello everyone , good to know this thread is growing.@TLKMama lovely point of entry summary you have there. @ Nerf sorry about your loss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sygo: 5:16pm On May 15, 2016
[email][/email]Hi Friends! i need your help,Nov 2015, I was given 2 yrs US Visa with my wife&4yr boy but my wife is 3mths pregnant now,the challenge is we do not have where to stay,though we did not intend childbirth initially, God has bless us with opportunity of double benefits.I am seeking the support of anybody who can accommodate & guide us to safe delivery of our baby in a Govt.hospital to reduce budget.We intend travelling 1st week in July,No financial burden on our host.
I will really appreciate any help to make this a reality & God Almighty will reward your good deeds.

Thank You

'Segun
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 6:04pm On May 15, 2016
Good evening, my ppl. Pls what's this airbnb package like? To the best of my understanding, their package looks 'funny'...as if one wld v a host. Trying to make enquiries abt their Elpaso accommodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beautyx5: 6:12pm On May 15, 2016
Dabira19:
Good evening, my ppl. Pls what's this airbnb package like? To the best of my understanding, their package looks 'funny'...as if one wld v a host. Trying to make enquiries abt their Elpaso accommodation.

Hi Dabira,

It's pretty straightforward and all the power lies in your hands. Every house has a host. However not all hosts stay on the same premises as the property they are leasing. Like mine doesn't.

Check the house rules and amenities. There is a part 'interaction with guests'. You can know if your hosts stay closeby and if their availability. And you can check multiple houses and read reviews too. They help alot.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 6:27pm On May 15, 2016
beautyx5:

Hi Dabira,

It's pretty straightforward and all the power lies in your hands. Every house has a host. However not all hosts stay on the same premises as the property they are leasing. Like mine doesn't.

Check the house rules and amenities. There is a part 'interaction with guests'. You can know if your hosts stay closeby and if their availability. And you can check multiple houses and read reviews too. They help alot.

Cheers!

Thanks. Lemme try n read up,then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:48pm On May 15, 2016
Hello Dabira,

After filling in your dates and clicking on "search', always check the box for 'entire apartment' . You can then look at the studios, one-bed apartment or two, depending on what you need. From the introduction you will know if the host stays in the same building or not.

Other things to watch out for are

1. Extra people charges, do note that oyinbo may count your baby as extra people. imagine the host tells you to start paying 20 dollars per night for baby after you deliver.
2. Family/kid friendly (if its crossed out, then you cannot take such a place'
3. TV, WiFi and kitchen (i dont believe you can do without these)
4. Always Google distance between the apartment and the hospital so that you do not end up penny wise pound foolish
5. Watch out for mentions of close bus/train stops and grocery stores, so that you dont spend too much on taxis to go and shop for groceries and whatnots.

Also, make sure you inform your host in the introduction of your self (request to book) that you will be having a baby. Its better they reject you out rightly than they start giving you stories later.

Dabira19:

Thanks. Lemme try n read up,then.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbagtbee(f): 7:12pm On May 15, 2016
@tlkmama please reply me so I can pm you.
House, I'm a little confused, pregnant and hubby and I want to give birth in yankee but I'm just so confused on how to go about it . how do I apply for the visa, what to take to the embassy , what to say at the embassy , how to know how much I need to have to show at embassy . just a total novice at this . please any assistance is appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:33pm On May 15, 2016
tbagtbee:
House, I'm a little confused, pregnant and hubby and I want to give birth in yankee but I'm just so confused on how to go about it . how do I apply for the visa, what to take to the embassy , what to say at the embassy , how to know how much I need to have to show at embassy . just a total novice at this . please any assistance is appreciated.
Congrats. Read justwise's posr on the ist page of this thread (page zero) and then read the us embaSsy website for visa procedure. Then skim/scan/read thru this thread.
U will cease to be Confused immedately

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 7:39pm On May 15, 2016
@happytbaby,

So true about being outright. Sent a request to one airbnb and the guy sounded as if babies were alien.!!! Lolz

@ najalady86,

I still dey wait o. The one I finally got airbnb was 15 miles away from Lynwood. Kilode!! Dats far. But she doesn't mind babies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 9:02pm On May 15, 2016
LadyG has said it all @tbagtbee. Read from Part 1 through Part 3. I know it's much but believe me by the time you are done, You will be a guru I promise you. Might seem like a lot but speed read because you will see different scenarios so you are prepared in fact over prepared such that you will be able to answer any question and you would have covered all your bases.

I can only answer you based on what I experienced but by reading through you will have 100s of other people's experiences. Much better for you. If there is anything specific after reading that you don't understand please come here and ask. I am still learning at the feet of some Masters here too!

tbagtbee:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 9:32pm On May 15, 2016
tbagtbee:

Congratulations for being here cos here you are going to get every info you need. Do as adviced above and you'll be glad. I was like you when I was refered here, and presently in the US for same. You can then ask questions where you are confused, but pls read cos u will be surprised that nobody will want to spoon feed anyone here. Happy reading sis!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 10:15pm On May 15, 2016
Why can't u spoon feed her? undecided were u not once spoon fed? *picks race*

Omodadi2:

Congratulations for being here cos here you are going to get every info you need. Do as adviced above and you'll be glad. I was like you when I was refered here, and presently in the US for same. You can then ask questions where you are confused, but pls read cos u will be surprised that nobody will want to spoon feed anyone here. Happy reading sis!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gmummy: 10:36pm On May 15, 2016
Pls am new in this travelling to us to give birth pls I need assistance on mothers who going by October,I need to get a doctor and accommodation pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 11:35pm On May 15, 2016
mamamj:
Travelling to dallas ending of the month

Yeah I asked.. Like wot date are u travelling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 1:24am On May 16, 2016
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

Congrats on the birth of your baby. Praying for her speedy recover by God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 2:41am On May 16, 2016
biollar1:

Why can't u spoon feed her? undecided were u not once spoon fed? *picks race*

Carry your long belle come here, I know what to do to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 3:34am On May 16, 2016
Hello house, great work you all are doing here I must say. Please I have an issue that requires a quick intervention. I applied for a b1/b2 visa to attend a 2weeks event and come back, and was given a b1 1 month visa (annotation) 2014 after been denied in 2013 for the same event (its yearly), got to ATL Poe and I was stamped in for 6 months as against the 2weeks I initially put in my application to stay since I was pregnant as at then (6months and VO was not aware) and was stamped in for 6months, I decided to stay back and have the baby there after the said event. I paid all my bills in full got my zero balances to show. Got back to Nig, waited for a year and now reapplied last week hoping to renew my visa b1/b2 visit visa. Getting to the interview the VO asked couple of questions which to the best of my knowledge I answered truthfully (no current pregnancy related questions, although I am currently pregnant and plan to birth the baby there) after the interview I was denied 214b. Now I urgently want to reapply because I want to birth my second baby there. How do I go about it please? Also my child has been really sick, sheduled an appointment with his pediatrician successfully. Should I just reapply saying I am taking him for medical reason or just apply saying I want to go birth my second baby? (Hoping the change in travel intent does not disqualify me) Or just reapply and stick to the same travel intent I was just denied of? Please house help as I don't want to be denied again please and also don't want to appear so desperate to the VO (considering I was just denied last week). Thank you house. Quick response please because I am currently 30weeks gone (with a small bump tho) grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 4:06am On May 16, 2016
Momsomyy 'with a small bump' meaning??

Shouldn't you have learnt your lesson now that honesty is the way to go

The fact that your visa was annotated the first time should have put you on alert - you were most likely pregnant and the VO could see it that's why you were given an annotated visa

Do yourself a favor and say the complete truth this time before you attract a permanent ban

Get a dr, prepare to show evidence that you can afford to birth there and hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 4:21am On May 16, 2016
MomSomyy:
Hello house, great work you all are doing here I must say. Please I have an issue that requires a quick intervention. So I was given a b1 1 month visa (annotation) 2014, got to the Poe and I was stamped in for 6 months as against the 2weeks I initially put in my application to stay (went for an event) since I was pregnant as at then & was stamped in for 6 months I decided to stay back and have the baby there after the event, paid all my bills in full got my zero balance to show. Got back to Nig, waited for a year and now reapplied last week hoping to renew my visa b1/b2 visit visa. Getting to the interview the VO asked couple of questions which to the best of my knowledge I answered truthfully (no current pregnancy related question, although I am currently pregnant) after the interview I was denied 214b. Now I urgently want to reapply because I want to birth my second baby there. How do I go about it please? Also my child has been really sick, sheduled an appointment with his pediatrician successfully. Should I just reapply saying I am taking him for medical reason or just apply saying I want to birth my baby? I don't want to be denied again please and also don't want to appear so desperate. Thank you house. Quick response please because I am currently 30weeks gone (with a small bump tho) grin

By reading this your story, it's obvious that you want to lie again just like the first time when you were given an a notated visa. What has bin preached here is honesty, so the advice you would probably get will be to go in a clean way. Birthing in the us is not a crime once you can afford it, so just try and get some backing documents to confirm what you are going to do and also that you can afford it. Best of luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 4:37am On May 16, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Omodadi2:

@Omodadi2 Thanks for your response but the truth is I don't plan on lying, I just want to be as honest as I can be this time, my only worry is just how to go about it? So that my last week refusal does not jeopardize my chances seeing that the two travel intent differ. Thank you.

By reading this your story, it's obvious that you want to lie again just like the first time when you were given an a notated visa. What has bin preached here is honesty, so the advice you would probably get will be to go in a clean way. Birthing in the us is not a crime once you can afford it, so just try and get some backing documents to confirm what you are going to do and also that you can afford it. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 4:40am On May 16, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 4:45am On May 16, 2016
MomSomyy:
[color=#006600][/color]

Maybe you should just give some time before you apply then...but there's no way your reasons won't be different now when you want to be truthful. I think you should just go ahead and pray hard.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 4:49am On May 16, 2016
favoredgal:
Momsomyy 'with a small bumb' meaning??

Shouldn't you have learnt your lesson now that honesty is the way to go

The fact that your visa was annotated the first time should have put you on alert - you were most likely pregnant and the VO could see it that's why you were given an annotated visa

Do yourself a favor and say the complete truth this time before you attract a permanent ban

Get a dr, prepare to show evidence that you can afford to birth there and hope for the best

@favoredgal i really wasn't dishonest in the first place when I applied trust me. When I applied for that visa never planned to have the baby on the first trip, I was to attend the event come back after 2weeks then travel to birth. But when the visa came I saw I month single entry was surprised and just travelled hoping To get back to Nig immediately I finish the event and reapply saying I was going to birth my baby but luckily when I got to the ATL POE I was stamped in for 6months and since I was 6months+ I just stayed back to have the baby there legally and paid all my bills no outstanding. So I really don't know where i aired.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 4:55am On May 16, 2016
Omodadi2:

Maybe you should just give some time before you apply then...but there's no way your reasons won't be different now when you want to be truthful. I think you should just go ahead and pray hard.

I really wish I had time on my hands, the only option I think I might have is to birth the baby here, but I would really love to birth my child there seeing that we can afford it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 6:13am On May 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

It's Ada oooo!!!

Everyday we breathe is a gift from God. We all should always be thankful.

Only yestrday did i see her picture on an ex-school mates page and realised I attended antenatal classes with her. Even her hubby came once. She looked sooo full of life and hopeful. I wonder what went wrong? Infct i even noticed her bcz i thot she was a chubby cuttie and smhow felt a feeling of knowing her before.

Indeed the yoruba are right when they say:eku ewu omo.
Childbirth is truly full of travails.

May her soul and that of the baby and all other faithfuls departed rest in perfect peace. May God grant her family and friends the fortitude to bear her loss.

Accept our condolence.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:52am On May 16, 2016
MomSomyy:

I really wish I had time on my hands, the only option I think I might have is to birth the baby here, but I would really love to birth my child there seeing that we can afford it.
mama loads of misrepresentation in your application already, you were given one month visa with single entry and was stamped in 6 months and you decided to have your baby there, they stamped you in six months doesn't mean you should seat down there six months, obviously they saw the time you returned and you returned with a baby any v.o in his rightful common sense will refuse you o even the one whey dey sleep while reviewing your application will refuse you, now you are pregnant again you still no talk am, you would have chipped it in, I feel bad for you because by that singular act of yours you jeopardised your chances of birthing your other children in the U.S, you would have come back after that conference and reapplied.
Your paying your bills isn't the issue why you were denied mama, it's because of your misrepresentation which the v.o has seen as fraudulent and passing off. Your best bet now is reapply and pray to God and tell the whole truth, come clean to the new v.o you are 30 weeks gone, if God say Na there you go born na there, all the best with your new application o.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.