Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901965 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 7:23am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

u dey talk insurance am talking of self paid patient more ova d nicu is inside d hospital wat I even hrd is 500 per day but dey offer discounts to self paid patients I just want to reconfirm who ve used WHMC and der baby ended up in der intensive unit(NICU) .do u know wat is 3000 dollars per nite abi sleep dey ur eyes

Sleep dey him/her eyes plus pregnancy hormones....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:29am On May 14, 2016
Cmeo:
Pls house, does ob/gyn package fee usually cover mother doctor's visit 2 week of post-delivery?

Yes it does
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:31am On May 14, 2016
Blaize777,

Congrats dear on d birth of your baby! Don't worry about bills, baby's health first. There is always a pay small small option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:38am On May 14, 2016
@johnkent ceo of NICU. U passed the message across in a wrong way, she just gave birth n U dnt need to add unnecessary HBP bills to the one on ground. Abeg next time, look b4 u leap.

@blaize777, forget abt the bills, take ur prayers to God that u want ur baby out before next weekend, some babies are "agbelero" in yoruba as in, they add weight immediately they r out of the womb. Drink fluids very well n njoy the moment with ur baby. May God send an helper. Congrats on the arrival of ur lo. Love u sis

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 8:01am On May 14, 2016
abbeykun:
Hello @Dabira19, just so you know, Sierra providence Hospital east campus that @dyout mentioned is different from Sierra providence Hospital (both in El Paso).

There are different chains of hospitals under that umbrella.

So, best you have exact hospital to make your inquiry on so as not to be mislead.

Thanks abbeykun;wld make enquiries. Just wanted to know their services.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 8:05am On May 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

So all the 2018 people will re evaluate their plan o as the story dey change day by day
Cc:Nef
Chloe
No one is sure of anything anymore, so the earlier the better. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 8:07am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.
Congratulations.God bless her and perfect everything concerning her in Jesus name.
I know it's hard not to worry but God has brought you this far and He will see you through it all. kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:08am On May 14, 2016
Modath, e don Tey o! Hw ur side?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 8:09am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

Congrats newest mum. I beg rest well, keep ur mind intact n free from all worries. God wl keep ur baby for you n gv u strength.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bigfido: 8:49am On May 14, 2016
Bruh, $3,000 per night.. Even me wey nothing do gats go use Omrion blood pressure device. Please let's be careful about how we give out info abeg.

LadyG you fall my hand o. Why did you people advise the person that went to misrepresent and is asking about sending letter? Chicago POE wen don dey pick tooth dey wait am, una just comot meat from their mouth like subsidy... Na wa o.

Good luck to everyone!

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bigfido: 8:58am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

Hi blaize,
Congratulations on the birth of your child. The God that has brought you this far won't desert you.
The bill might get a bit high for you, but please don't let that be a set back on your mood because it might affect your Lo too when she's finally out. Take your time to meet with the finance woman on the ground floor at Whmc to discuss the payment options. U can even ask to start making payment 3 months from now to help you strategise your finances. they might offer Medicaid for the bill, I don't know if taking it might be a good option since it's their citizen that is taking it and not you (I might be wrong) , but I don't think it's a good option to take it.
Said a little prayer for you. All will be well

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:04am On May 14, 2016
bigfido:
Bruh, $3,000 per night.. Even me wey nothing do gats go use Omrion blood pressure device. Please let's be careful about how we give out info abeg.

LadyG you fall my hand o. Why did you people advise the person that went to misrepresent and is asking about sending letter? Chicago POE wen don dey pick tooth dey wait am, una just comot meat from their mouth like subsidy... Na wa o.

Good luck to everyone!
Ha! Sleep dey ya eye too? cheesy
E mi ke? Abi u meant why did we NOT advice her sarcastically? Na werrin we for do ba?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 9:46am On May 14, 2016
feddy27:
Mo, e don Tey o! Hw ur side?

My sis, we dey ooo, how dey go dey go?...

Blaize777

Nothing is too difficult for the Lord, take it to the King, All will be well...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hawklan: 10:26am On May 14, 2016
Hello house,
I want to start making payment to the hospital and doctor but I was wondering considering the visa interview do I make part peyment for visa purposes and submit the documents or make complete payment before I go to the embassy.
Pls advise a novice.pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 10:26am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

Used WHMC last year Jan and my baby ended up in NICU for 4days. Depends on the number of days she will spend there that will determine the total fees to be paid. Since you are self pay patient, ask for discount when the final bill comes. You can get as much as 40% all depends on your bargaining power. You can also set up a monthly payment plan for a maximum of 24months too but discount will be less if repayment period is long. Pls do not accept medicaid for the baby as this will spoil your chances of going back to the US.
Also ask to speak with the breastfeeding dept. They will give u a pump to assist in getting the milk flow quickly.
God will surely bring her out quickly.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shirley013: 10:37am On May 14, 2016
Hello lovely mamas & papas. Pls what is the bank exchange rates to a dollar using Atm cards. For first bank, diamond bank keystone & fcmb. Pls help a sis.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 10:41am On May 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Congrats Blaize. We thank God for mercies say Nicu and not nepa failure you see. Fear not. He that started the good work is able to complete it.
Shebi na bill? Last last u fashion a payment plan. Drink lots of pap. By the time is ready to. Suck, u too will be ready.
Kisses to your LO

My sentiment exactly, congratulations and thank God for his mercies. Stop worrying about the bill what if.... (God won't let that happen) wouldn't you have paid anything to reverse the case? Our God is still in the biz of taking care of us despite our shortcomings, he will sort you out, relax and tell him it's in his hands now and he will come thru for you and the LO. Breast milk will come when you stop fretting. Take care mama and kisses to our newest addition on the thread.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Adebuble(f): 10:49am On May 14, 2016
Hello house,

Been ages ppl, my LO is 5mths like play like play...

congrats to all d new mums n dads, d those waiting to see their LOs it will come In Jesus Name. Amen

And others reading to get info pls read well n get everything u need cos some ppl don't want to read, but want d same info written here pls from now on, dats going to b a service to render @ a cost.(lol)....

Ppl willingly donating information here well done more grease to ur elbow and thank u on behalf of everyone here.

@bigfido and others i see u o.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 10:56am On May 14, 2016
itzaYES:
Please any Mama travelling in June to dallas should Pls Pm me so we can kip in touch.

Would also be in dallas in june
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 11:02am On May 14, 2016
nefertitiram:

Haaaaaaa! Doctores para ti or she went solo? Thank God I renewed when I did o! Jesus!

Solo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nomanicole(f): 11:08am On May 14, 2016
@Blaize777 we thank God for her safe arrival..my bestie gave birth to her daughter last year in naija and she weighed 2Kg.she is 7months today eating like an adult...ur baby will be fine in a short time, b4 the week runs out by God's grace.and for the bills, try not to worry so much,.ask for discounts. In the end it might be something u can just pay at once.

@all, I was thinking, with this new trend of refusing visas because of low birth fees...e.g for those that used MHIS was it what you presented when you applied for the visa initially? Or did u apply with a hospital with higher fees then switched?trying to make sense of this new trend. Cost they might have filled in so so hospital on their system then you present cheaper receipts completely different from what you told them you had as budget. Was just thinking...ESP if the price on the receipt you gave them is much lower than what u initially said you were going to spend(50% lower)..so they come up with diff excuses that it is too cheap and you must've used govt funds...was just thinking oh! Because if you presented MHIS initially and you were granted a visa based on that...you have a case cause I want to believe they went thru the hospital's contract before issuing the visa and the price was stated there.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 11:16am On May 14, 2016
Msp:
Pls did she present any receipt that had discounts to the VO? Because i know if you print the bill from your online account it will show deductions (maternity package) till you get a zero balance.

So the VO will be wondering who paid for the discounts or how did it come about.

Please can you ask her, this thing is getting scary

The zero balance still contained the full amount and the amount discounted. People should learn from this and ask that receipt wey no go put person for wahala.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by vcole: 11:29am On May 14, 2016
hey dear, does your receipt have the discount too? smiley
Nogen:

The zero balance still contained the full amount and the amount discounted. People should learn from this and ask that receipt wey no go put person for wahala.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 11:29am On May 14, 2016
Am sorry to bother the good people on this platform. I am travelling via Dubai to US.

My first question is i want to know how Dubai connection via emirate is like for pregnant women.

My second question is how is it like flying emirate for a pregnant women and what is the experience like at the airport and on board the flight. Thank yoi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by vcole: 11:30am On May 14, 2016
you just mirrored my own thoughts too oh.
nomanicole:
@Blaize777 we thank God for her safe arrival..my bestie gave birth to her daughter last year in naija and she weighed 2Kg.she is 7months today eating like an adult...ur baby will be fine in a short time, b4 the week runs out by God's grace.and for the bills, try not to worry so much,.ask for discounts. In the end it might be something u can just pay at once.

@all, I was thinking, with this new trend of refusing visas because of low birth fees...e.g for those that used MHIS was it what you presented when you applied for the visa initially? Or did u apply with a hospital with higher fees then switched?trying to make sense of this new trend. Cost they might have filled in so so hospital on their system then you present cheaper receipts completely different from what you told them you had as budget. Was just thinking...ESP if the price on the receipt you gave them is much lower than what u initially said you were going to spend(50% lower)..so they come up with diff excuses that it is too cheap and you must've used govt funds...was just thinking oh! Because if you presented MHIS initially and you were granted a visa based on that...you have a case cause I want to believe they went thru the hospital's contract before issuing the visa and the price was stated there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 11:37am On May 14, 2016
biollar1:

Lobatan! cheesy and u know dis because?

As in!!!!!! I can't fit talk on the mata.. more like #missiontokill mschew!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zayt: 11:56am On May 14, 2016
Hi people. Any atlanta bound moms travelling very soon? Travelling this Saturday via delta as I'm due in June. Any moms coming should pls holla so we can hook up.
Also any one pass thru atlanta POE recently? How was it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zeejam: 12:19pm On May 14, 2016
I just got to know about this trend and I've made the mistake already. I just need ur candid advise.
LadyGuinivere:

You dey oyo state and on a looong thing.
You had the intention to birth in the US.
U refused to research.
U misrepresented.
Now you want us to aid u in your misrepresentation.
What do u want to notify the embassy about? That u lied abi what? U actually are asking us whether u should further lie at the poe? Sorry ma. That is not the essence of this thread. We strive to help HONEST folks and not thoose that destroy our intergrity. U mustav had a plan when u decided to go down the rabbit hole. Well follow your plan.
Azzin! U actually want to be spoonfed with hospitals and costs? Ok ma. Please wait.
#nochillsforfraudesters
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:27pm On May 14, 2016
zeejam:
I just got to know about this trend and I've made the mistake already. I just need ur candid advise.
Already made my views clear. Have norrin else to say. Others have also said their piece dear.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zeejam: 12:28pm On May 14, 2016
Thank you I was mislead actually, wish i'd been following this trend b4 I applied. It's well
nenya:

Are you pregant already?
Or you just want to enquire?
Which ever is the case you should have informed them on intentions.
You intend to travel next month if you are long gone get all the necessary requirments but just be ready for anything.
However honesty is the key.
You read up and understand why mamas are snapping off at you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 12:34pm On May 14, 2016
hawklan:
Hello house,
I want to start making payment to the hospital and doctor but I was wondering considering the visa interview do I make part peyment for visa purposes and submit the documents or make complete payment before I go to the embassy.
Pls advise a novice.pls

Its like you have money to waste...
If you haven't gotten visa,don't make payments except initial deposit which your doctor might require to give you correspondence.That said,you can go on and try your faith though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 12:42pm On May 14, 2016
@luckyman23 is it the homones that is doing you ni?
Abi your client is still not getting it? (Lol...)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.