Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901067 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummybee: 12:50pm On May 14, 2016
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

Congratulations dear. God Almighty will uphold you nd your LO. He that has started the good work will complete it successfully in Jesus name.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:01pm On May 14, 2016
olokings:
Ayam foine...
Just doing more of background reading and gleaning new information where necessary.

How's Ramsey et al. Kudos

Good to hear.
Ramsey is building an empire in the South South. Soon we shall conquer that zone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:12pm On May 14, 2016
@Blaize 777.

Pele dear, God will keep your baby. People have already said all there is to say. Be good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:14pm On May 14, 2016
How come no one is talking about the proposed devaluation and its impact on PTA/cheap Fx plans?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Xenadarl: 2:18pm On May 14, 2016
chikos:

Pls did u use cash or card to buy the money order?

Cash but am sure you could use card if u wish to
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 2:35pm On May 14, 2016
shirley013:
Hello lovely mamas & papas. Pls what is the bank exchange rates to a dollar using Atm cards. For first bank, diamond bank keystone & fcmb. Pls help a sis.
Thanks

Diamond bank was 312 as at last week Monday. E shock me no be small. Now that parallel market prices have increased, it might be higher.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tipsyjules(f): 2:37pm On May 14, 2016
Hi Maggie. Plss am new here and intending to give birth in USA, so pls can u gimme more info about elpaso? Because av bin browsing abt dem and am supposed to be there around july too.
Maggie0133:
intending my dear. Not gone for visa interview yet. Plan to be in elpaso early july
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Xenadarl: 2:41pm On May 14, 2016
@ Blaize777; congrats on your new arrival. We thank God for His Mercies.
Your baby will quickly gain weight as most babies with low birth weight tend not to lose weight like babies with normal birth weight do after delivery. So please try not to be too worried. B4 you get worked up and land urself in hospital and rack up more bills.
When the thought of the bills come to mind remind yourself that you have achieved your principal aim of birthing in the US.
Just plan on discussing a payment plan with the hospital and bargain for as much discount you can get. They are always willing to help self pay patients out because most of these people know they couldn't pay that kind od bill themselves.
In all wishing you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 2:44pm On May 14, 2016
My two cents on relying on healthgrades, it's not a sure fire way of knowing the best and affordable. It's like trip advisor; facilities may get 1 or 2 stars for not having a rug instead of tiles.

For instance, many mothers her have used Oakbend for VD but they are rated 1 star for that same service. Gif well not let us fall into the hands of quacks and with much advice and experience here, we'll do good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 2:46pm On May 14, 2016
@Blaize777, congrats first of all. Just set the thought of bills aside and focus on the other important B, baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 2:48pm On May 14, 2016
happytbaby:
How come no one is talking about the proposed devaluation and its impact on PTA/cheap Fx plans?

We don't want anxiety attack ni. Nothing to change our minds about our missionary journey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 3:13pm On May 14, 2016
I declare over you and your baby, God's divine and merciful intervention..
The Bible says that He that keepeth YOU shall neither slumber nor sleep.
He shall give His angels charge over you (and this situation). Power from heaven is available for you and is at work concerning you both.
Be of good cheer girl. Worry not about bills. No amount of money can buy that precious life.
God dey on top your matter.
Just said a prayer for you.

blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:17pm On May 14, 2016
Nice one. If dollar is 400, my mind cannot even change ooo

telias:

We don't want anxiety attack ni. Nothing to change our minds about our missionary journey

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 3:23pm On May 14, 2016
Am using doctores para ti. U can google them. I paid for enrollment and doctors correspondence that should be ard $257. They assigned a doctor to me. Then they recommended some accommodation in elpaso. That's abt d summary. You can get more info from google or doctores para ti website
quote author=tipsyjules post=45614915]Hi Maggie. Plss am new here and intending to give birth in USA, so pls can u gimme more info about elpaso? Because av bin browsing abt dem and am supposed to be there around july too.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tipsyjules(f): 3:29pm On May 14, 2016
Please can anyone help me here! Abeg am confused where in USA to give birth o.Heard about elpaso but I need someone that av been there to share her experience wit me.My hubby sister gave birth to her 2kids in houston Texas but I wan try another city plus say I need place wey dey a bit cheaper and accommodation wey dey close to the hospital. Please I will really appreciate if una go answer my question because I be new person here o.I don check google tire bfor I discover dis forum.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tipsyjules(f): 3:32pm On May 14, 2016
Ok tnks Maggi I appreciate.
Maggie0133:
Am using doctores para ti. U can google them. I paid for enrollment and doctors correspondence that should be ard $257. They assigned a doctor to me. Then they recommended some accommodation in elpaso. That's abt d summary. You can get more info from google or doctores para ti website
quote author=tipsyjules post=45614915]Hi Maggie. Plss am new here and intending to give birth in USA, so pls can u gimme more info about elpaso? Because av bin browsing abt dem and am supposed to be there around july too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 3:42pm On May 14, 2016
Hi mamas . Please has any one travelled United airlines before ....how is their food ? And sitting plan pls ... And is it true baby has 2 23kg . Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:53pm On May 14, 2016
luckyman23:
Am sorry to bother the good people on this platform. I am travelling via Dubai to US.

My first question is i want to know how Dubai connection via emirate is like for pregnant women.

My second question is how is it like flying emirate for a pregnant women and what is the experience like at the airport and on board the flight. Thank yoi

Use your search botton. It has been discussed by lots of mamas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 4:51pm On May 14, 2016
vcole:
hey dear, does your receipt have the discount too? smiley

I made them write me a letter stating I owe nothing and I have paid all my bills. I demanded they include all that I paid for in the letter because I don't want any issue at the Embassy or POE. They did all that for me and also attached one of their manager's official business card if need be. I did all that before I left the City.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nenya(f): 5:08pm On May 14, 2016
tipsyjules:
Please can anyone help me here! Abeg am confused where in USA to give birth o.Heard about elpaso but I need someone that av been there to share her experience wit me.My hubby sister gave birth to her 2kids in houston Texas but I wan try another city plus say I need place wey dey a bit cheaper and accommodation wey dey close to the hospital. Please I will really appreciate if una go answer my question because I be new person here o.I don check google tire bfor I discover dis forum.

If you want to use el paso doctorsparati you can check out their website. All info is there bills, accommodation etc.

Their total bill for vb invluding ob package, hospital and pediatrician as well as a 2 day stay is 5450
while 4 cs ob package, hospital and pediatrician as well as a 3day stay is 7125

With regards to the accommodation they recommend, the cheapest is inland suites from $179 per week but when you add tax, weekly tech fee, deposit it comes to about
$266 roughly and its about 9.5miles to sierra medical center which they use.
But if you go to airbnb you will get accommodation not just much more cheaper but about 30minutes WALK to the hosipital if its still available.

But if you read up people have talked about where they had paid much more cheaper bills than doctorsparati

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tipsyjules(f): 6:05pm On May 14, 2016
Tnks nenya I appreciate.
nenya:

If you want to use el paso doctorsparati you can check out their website. All info is there bills, accommodation etc.

Their total bill for vb invluding ob package, hospital and pediatrician as well as a 2 day stay is 5450
while 4 cs ob package, hospital and pediatrician as well as a 3day stay is 7125

With regards to the accommodation they recommend, the cheapest is inland suites from $179 per week but when you add tax, weekly tech fee, deposit it comes to about
$266 roughly and its about 9.5miles to sierra medical center which they use.
But if you go to airbnb you will get accommodation not just much more cheaper but about 30minutes WALK to the hosipital if its still available.

But if you read up people have talked about where they had paid much more cheaper bills than doctorsparati
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 6:33pm On May 14, 2016
luckyman23:
Am sorry to bother the good people on this platform. I am travelling via Dubai to US.

My first question is i want to know how Dubai connection via emirate is like for pregnant women.

My second question is how is it like flying emirate for a pregnant women and what is the experience like at the airport and on board the flight. Thank yoi

The answers to all your questions can be found on the pages of this thread. To make it easier use your search button. This is a DIY thread. everybody dishes out free info and it gets tiring when the person has to dish out this info FOC every day. I had to read parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 to get all the info I needed. I ended up getting far more than I needed simply because I chose to read. No one should be spoon fed like this

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tipsyjules(f): 6:34pm On May 14, 2016
Nenya please can we keep in touch because I should be traveling around that time too.
nenya:
Anyone going to El paso in August?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:40pm On May 14, 2016
I've just received the worst news of my life. A friend died in childbirth... Havana hospital!

I'm still in shock. This is 2016... baby and mum died.

Not our portion in Jesus name. I just needed to rant. I can only say if only...

This Nigeria sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 7:08pm On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

Congratulations dear! Your LO will be just fine. Listen to the advice given and DON'T STRESS. I made that mistake after I had my baby and fretted over possible bills, ended up with postpartum depression AND the bills. So trust me on this, worrying will only add to the issues. Be stong for your Princess ok.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 7:12pm On May 14, 2016
nefertitiram:
I've just received the worst news of my life. A friend died in childbirth... Havana hospital!

This Nigeria sef

cry cry cry cry See why I'd rather pay to have my baby in a place with better facilities than accept the free medicals offered by my place of work.

It is well. Pele Nef... Pele
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 7:29pm On May 14, 2016
nefertitiram:

This Nigeria sef

Oh no!!!!! Please take heart Nerf.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nenya(f): 7:31pm On May 14, 2016
tipsyjules:
Nenya please can we keep in touch because I should be traveling around that time too.
That will be great!!! Looking forward to that......but

I was dead sure as at last week I will be going to el paso cos I felt it was well planned out in terms of payment, accommodation etc.

I had made reservation with inland suites and got numbers for taxi,

then I read the post from mom that had twin with regards to accommodation recommending airbnb. I tried it out and it turned about $600+- a month.

Also another mom that used dr mbagwu at st Francis and I feel he is more cost effective.
Am yet to give him a call to discuss on one and one. Once I speak with him then I will be able to say where exactly I will go to.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 7:34pm On May 14, 2016
This is serious o! May God console family and friends. E pele. Is it same havan in surulere Lagos?
nefertitiram:

This Nigeria sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 7:41pm On May 14, 2016
nefertitiram:

This Nigeria sef

It's really sad. Accept my sympathy Nef. May God protect us all. Sometimes I just wonder why? Why? Like how much longer are we going to continue like this? The worst part is that these hospitals are just after money and can't even provide the basic facility for a successful delivery for mother and child and some people are wondering why we travel all the way to America and pay so much just for childbirth. Life has no duplicate and one must exhaust the very best available option, and if per adventure life is lost. One would atleast take solace to the fact that he/she atleast tried. May God continue to protect us all Amen. May thier souls rest in peace. #sighs

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy2: 7:49pm On May 14, 2016
nefertitiram:

This Nigeria sef

Wow!!! Sorry about that nerf, God will comfort all affected. Had my 2nd baby there n even several colleagues of mine too and had good experiences, I wonder what went wrong this time. Let us all continue to pray for all expecting mothers cos the success is not by our power or might, nor by the hospitals and physicians but by the grace of God. May we not hear such news again, it is well with us all.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.