Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899776 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2016
feddy27:
My people good morning. Trust the weekend is going well

Please help me torchlight this matter:

My hubby went for his visa at abuja and was asked for zero balance. He presented all and the Vo kept hammering that why did we get so much discount from oakbend, dat we used government funds. She took my visa page, checked and said she can see we are not owing but she's not convinced about the discount from oakbend, so she denied him the visa.

Please how does one explain dis?
Cc:
Tvegas
Firsttymum
Ozycy
Nerfetitiram

Maybe the VO is a cousin to Donald Trump or she is new to the birthing process. The best option is to reapply hopefully another VO will make a better decision.

On another note is he renewing his visa or is he a first time applicant. That refusal may not be related to the cost of hospital if he is a first timer.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2016
Onlineise:

#Coup d'etat in progress...all flights grounded

I was in Turkey the whole day. Our flight took off during the coup, and when we landed the flight still went back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2016
feddy27:
My people good morning. Trust the weekend is going well

Please help me torchlight this matter:

My hubby went for his visa at abuja and was asked for zero balance. He presented all and the Vo kept hammering that why did we get so much discount from oakbend, dat we used government funds. She took my visa page, checked and said she can see we are not owing but she's not convinced about the discount from oakbend, so she denied him the visa.

Please how does one explain dis?
Cc:
Tvegas
Firsttymum
Ozycy
Nerfetitiram

You

Are

Kidding!!!

shocked

It goes back to this conversation that came up a while back! The bladdy Zero balance y'all carry about is what yoruba's call Alakoba!

Why? How do you explain the discount? It has fancy names like adjustment, discount etc, but in the VO's head it keeps ringing, who paid for this discount if not the tax payers? What you need from the hospital is a Zero Balance letter / Letter of non_indebtnedness and nt the computer printout showing all the millions that was struck out just for you. To a lay man, it's hogwash looking at figures disappearing from $15,000, adjustment to $3,000, so where did the $12,000 vanish too? Obviously you have $15,000 of services in value which you paid $3,000 so someone must have suffered for the discount.

Even though it makes perfect sense that you got a discount but these people are there to preserve their country's interest and get defensive when they see stuff like this sometimes.

Me thinks hubby should reapply, and just that plenty talk may enter the situation when he's explaining himself and what the discounts mean.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2016
ozycy:

It's one of all those overzealous VO, you know as their head they take touch. So Oakbenders price is also cheap in their eyes undecided I hope he was able to explain why he got the discount?
Let him reapply and another VO will revisit his case. All the best.

Yes, it may be termed as cheap if the adjustment on the computer generated zero balance has a huge jump, spanning over thousands of dollars as 'discount'.

And yes, some VO's tend to be that overzealous.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2016
Kemo88:

Awwww, my pretty Oga, thank you so much for checking on me ma lol.

I am well, i put to bed earlier this week, God was so merciful, He stood by me all through. I only burst a vessel in my eye while trying to push the baby out lol, my eye is ok though.

All documents have been turned in for blue pali and ETC, waiting for them to return...Just resting till its time to return home.

Congratulations Kemo88
Heal well and pls stay far away from those Dogs in Alaska
Happy shopping smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks my dearest people; ozycy, tvegas and nef.
Just like Nef said too, dey couldn't understand all those adjustment so I also suggested dat wen reapplying, he should go with those letters of non indebtedness only.

Many thanks for ur contributions, much appreciated kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
feddy27:
Thanks my dearest people; ozycy, tvegas and nef.
Just like Nef said too, dey couldn't understand all those adjustment so I also suggested dat wen reapplying, he should go with those letters of non indebtedness only.

Many thanks for ur contributions, much appreciated kiss

My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamabash: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
ozycy:

Use your doctor as your contact person.
thank u all @bissysummy, lobus, toknow, ajujuju2, ccemordi, greatie, ozycy, feddy27
Will take note of all ur comments
Bt pls 1 more thing, since am applying wit my family, my DH's passport was cancelled when he applied for extension of stay in India (2009). Pls op this'll not stand against us?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Onlineise(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

I was in Turkey the whole day. Our flight took off during the coup, and when we landed the flight still went back.

Praise God...things weren't looking pretty on CNN last night.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
hello mama's...I have used the search box but didn't get what I was looking for...please why has any body not talked about parkland medical center dallas for sometime..Pls lady G,Nef,ffmumy,ajuju.justwise.chole..other Sabi mama's wetin una get to talk about this hospital make ma wifey no go register cos it's close to ma uncle place or cos na him suggest am...nyere nu mu aka!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mama2016: 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello house, pls I need info on how to go about circumcision. Would be using whmc but my doc doesn't do circumcision. A doctor has bn recommended but I found out the circumcision he did for 2pple who recommended; he didn't take enough of the foreskin off. Can anyone pls recommend a doc who can do it the properly the naija style?
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
Mama2016:
Hello house, pls I need info on how to go about circumcision. Would be using whmc but my doc doesn't do circumcision. A doctor has bn recommended but I found out the circumcision he did for 2pple who recommended; he didn't take enough of the foreskin off. Can anyone pls recommend a doc who can do it the properly the naija style?
Thank you

Dr Rizk of whmc does circumcision very well but I don't know if he will do for someone dats not his patient. You can find out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mama2016: 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
feddy27:

Dr Rizk of whmc does circumcision very well but I don't know if he will do for someone dats not his patient. You can find out.
Ok, thank you. Will do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
Onlineise:

Praise God...things weren't looking pretty on CNN last night.

My bros, you'd think CNN was cheering them on, they so embellished the matter ehn, Erdogan is totalitarian, he is a dictator, the people are tired of his iron fist... bla bla bla..

The ordinary Turk's reaction must have shocked them, they never counted on the coup failing... They believed anarchy was going to be the order of the day and tailored their narrative to follow same line.

I don't trust US. The problem they created for the world through their meddlesome oversabi in the Middle East and North Africa, we never solve.... they wan add turkey join! God pass dem..

@ feddy27,

Heard from 2 different people off NL that had same issue... The consulate dey on steroid these days...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
Modath, no mind dem... na real steroid...lol. God pass them jare. He will reapply. Can't go tru all d stress alone like last time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Biollar1, atawewe I sight you grin

Comma say hello to us na... hw re u and baby doin?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
My people...devil no wan gree me enter Nairaland but God pass am. Bin trying to sign in after I gave my POE story. I got in May 17th and left June 29th.
Had my baby on the 10th of June
I used Oakbend Medical Centre and Dr E( fab as usual) and una sabi d usual bill and all. I wanted to get back to naija with United last flight (29th June), so I decided to change my return ticket from July 5th to 29th June, leaving me with just 19days to process all docs but God was super fateful.

Processed all my baby's docs in less dan a week. Only SSN took longer and it took 8working days to drop.

1. Picked up birth certificate at fort bend county and paid $23 for a copy
2. Same day, Headed straight to passport office in downtown on 1919 smith street . Took passport photograph for $17 (2 copies) directly opposite passport office in downtown. Paid $165 for expedited and was asked to come pick up ffg day.
3. Scanned baby's birth certificate to Mrs Stella with all necessary docs. I did ETC and paid $300. It arrived after 5days via FedEx
4. I called United to attach baby to my tic
5. Headed back to Naija.

Stayed with my host but left for Soulcare Concierge when my mum arrived. Make all of us no becum liability.

MARGARET OF SOULCARE CONCIERGE was awesome. I enjoyed my stay and she made us feel like home away from home. The fact that she conveys one for doc appointments and grocery shopping makes it all stress free and whole. Will def use her again.

Supa Dupa grateful to all... Omodadi( my main Pal..we sure rocked Houston together, I'm glad our ways crossed kiss)LadyG , Firsttymum, Feddy27, Happytbaby,Modath, Nefertitiram and all. I met wonderful mamas but I've forgotten their monikers and l don't want to mention their real names.

You all made my second missionary journey a successful and stress free one.

God bless us all and May we all not labor in vain over our kids in Jesus name.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

You

Are

Kidding!!!

shocked

It goes back to this conversation that came up a while back! The bladdy Zero balance y'all carry about is what yoruba's call Alakoba!

Why? How do you explain the discount? It has fancy names like adjustment, discount etc, but in the VO's head it keeps ringing, who paid for this discount if not the tax payers? What you need from the hospital is a Zero Balance letter / Letter of non_indebtnedness and nt the computer printout showing all the millions that was struck out just for you. To a lay man, it's hogwash looking at figures disappearing from $15,000, adjustment to $3,000, so where did the $12,000 vanish too? Obviously you have $15,000 of services in value which you paid $3,000 so someone must have suffered for the discount.

Even though it makes perfect sense that you got a discount but these people are there to preserve their country's interest and get defensive when they see stuff like this sometimes.

Me thinks hubby should reapply, and just that plenty talk may enter the situation when he's explaining himself and what the discounts mean.

I agree....
The letter from the hospital makes better sense.no way am I going to take that plenty bill paper.
Epidural is straightforward
Dr fee also straightforward
Nicu same
Brown and associates the payment page mayb
Hospital fee the letter from them. Amd the print out of ur payment.. Erm scratch that... Only the letter from d Hospital

Dassall
Cc feddy27

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
Chai! U too sabi me!! I was just typing my post after a long while. How are u dear?

Thank u for checking up on me always... God bless u real good.

When r u leaving? Finally settled for a state and hospital?

feddy27:
Biollar1, atawewe I sight you grin

Comma say hello to us na... hw re u and baby doin?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
Biollar1
Oh sweetie Mwuah mwuah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks once again dear...We were able to pay Oakbend cos of the advice u gave Omodadi and I and we sure made use of it to the very Top.

You don't know how happy I was,I am and I will always be cos of that advice.

God bless u and urs immensely.

firsttymum:
Biollar1
Oh sweetie Mwuah mwuah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
bigfido:
So I also read about renting a car. Here's my advise to you people.

1) if you know you didn't go to a proper driving school here, please don't attempt to rent a car. You might end up presenting driving tickets and receipt of payment as your hospital receipt when you want to renew your visa.

2) do you know road signs very well? The ones written on the floor? If you don't, buy slate for kewu, and start practising it. Just be reciting it like you are learning kewu in Ile kewu.

3) Google maps.. Please learn how to use GPS very well and if you don't have Eztag please always avoid tolls. If you enter one and you see purple light, no, it's not disco light, it's gbese waiting for you in the mail box

4) speed limit in school areas... It's very important to adhere to it. If you see a school bus park and you see the brake light blinking, please just stop behind the bus.. If the bus doesn't move, don't move or overtake it o. If its there for 1hr, just open nairaland to keep yourself entertained

5) Yield. You need to learn this one very well, or else, accident. And insurance is not sere sere

6) make sure you get a proper insurance. It is better than to stammer incase anything happens.

Good luck people
I'm sorry but this post is the post of all posts

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
biollar1:

Thanks once again dear...We were able to pay Oakbend cos of the advice u gave Omodadi and I and we sure made use of it to the very Top.

You don't know how happy I was,I am and I will always be cos of that advice.

God bless u and urs immensely.

Oh dear Lord... This makes me happy and glad. God bless u too darling... Kisses

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
U people like pm sha.
Kikikikikikikikiki

First of all I don't care if u feel bad or insulted... Seriously I don't care but if u ain't active here I won't reply. And Erm if u like be a newbie learning "trade" I don't care. No fes. If u like be shy to post questions or wareva ... Mbok I'm not ur husband no b me give u belle.
I don't care.
It is my choice to reply or not.

Keyboard warriors, aka power Rangers Yer Yer those of u that always have a contradicting opinions especially when it comes to newbie topic and shii.. Take a deep breath and remember I DON'T CARE.

Somebody will just b expecting important email next thing it's samwan wld like to send u a msg. And d samwan is almost always an old account with zero or very few posts...

And the ones with never ending kweshuns mbok who is ur secretary? Me I will continue to shun if I can't answer again Abeg. It's not government work. If u like call it forming I don't care... I'm not jobless not like u r paying me.
Plus if I sense slight rudeness I'll quickly add u to spam. Yes I'm doing u a favor I don't deserve any nastiness simply because I delayed in replying u. Or I directed u to nairaland. Ya'll have guts.

Power Rangers, keyboard warriors I know u r itching to wanna type... What am I feeling like abi and bla bla bla ... Duh I don't care.. *inserts middle finger Smiley* kikikikikikikikiki e dey pain I know.... Kikikikikikikikiki

Sips tea #kermitmodeactivated

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:02am On Jul 17, 2016
Biollar, Congrats on your successful missionary journey. I missed you wella.

Warm regards

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 1:16am On Jul 17, 2016

[/quote]

Congrats! Was beginning to wonder where you were.. God bless your LO

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DominionDoxa: 4:13am On Jul 17, 2016
Dear I sent a first email that gave me automated response den sent me another mail and no called d no was directed to mail , I did and in the mail requested for a swap of my old and new ds 160 form.. that they did and sent a new appointment confirmation to my mail which I just printed out. hope this helped.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:23am On Jul 17, 2016
biollar1:

Chai! U too sabi me!! I was just typing my post after a long while. How are u dear?

Thank u for checking up on me always... God bless u real good.

When r u leaving? Finally settled for a state and hospital?

My darling, I'm fine o... good to knw everytin went well. we bless God for you and baby. I'm leavin nxt month, it's LA dis time around

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Biola 1 of life! Congrats o! U went, saw and conquered. We bless God.

@Ftm ah ah, why you andd Neff dey do like this na?! Una must answer PM oo! cheesy
Well, for me its always been my policy that if you are on visa matters,here is no reason why you can't post your kweshun here.
Somebody actually buzzed me on the health thread and when I replied, na visa kweshun. I referred her back here and till today she nevr ask the kweshun so apparently it wasn't important. Darris how someboy will now send me to be cracking ma brain on matter wen no important

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Thanks suga! How u dey? Hope dem twins r kicking well? Atawewe missed u more

happytbaby:
Biollar, Congrats on your successful missionary journey. I missed you wella.

Warm regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:50am On Jul 17, 2016
Thanks dear

Momo13:

Congrats! Was beginning to wonder where you were.. God bless your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:55am On Jul 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Biola 1 of life! Congrats o! U went, saw and conquered. We bless God.

@Ftm ah ah, why you andd Neff dey do like this na?! Una must answer PM oo! cheesy
Well, for me its always been my policy that if you are on visa matters,here is no reason why you can't post your kweshun here.
Somebody actually buzzed me on the health thread and when I replied, na visa kweshun. I referred her back here and till today she nevr ask the kweshun so apparently it wasn't important. Darris how someboy will now send me to be cracking ma brain on matter wen no important

God will put it in my heart to help who genuinely needs help. If I am not moved by the spirit, then nothing will move me. grin

Maybe I should put auto response, 'thanks for your email Nef will not respond except she has heard from the Spirit on your case. The Spirit is available for consultation 24hrs a day 7 days a week. While waiting for Nef's response, please go through part 1 to part 4 of the US birthing thread. If it's about cheap tickets... please consult the airline office nearest to you! Thank you and have a nice day"

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.