Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898179 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi ssup,traveling to houston Aug from lagos ..pm me quote author=Chrisdew post=47635649]Hi , August H town bound preggy mamas please I need someone to help me with liquid body lotions less than 2 kg for picks in lagos ,, will give u a Free airport pickup to anywhere in houston .. I mean it....inbox if u can .thanks [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
Correct1:

Hahahahahah, you know I enjoy reading your comments.... Lol. Very funny!
wink wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
phummy2:

Wow!!! It's sad when people spoil show for others cos I just don't understand why we can't all be humble in our ignorance especially when we find people who are always ready and willing to help. Lol @ snap ur jotter! The person for ask u to mail d whole jotter na lol. I feel you firstymum but pls find it in your heart to help the humble ones and ignore the others, guess the thread is not for everyone after all.
some people are born nasty. I'll try dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
joanazubu:
Hi ssup,traveling to houston Aug from lagos ..pm me quote author=Chrisdew post=47635649]Hi , August H town bound preggy mamas please I need someone to help me with liquid body lotions less than 2 kg for picks in lagos ,, will give u a Free airport pickup to anywhere in houston .. I mean it....inbox if u can .thanks
Hmmm
lipsrsealed
Lemme be the one to say it. Mommies and Daddies. Please please please do not be quick to accept stuff from strangers .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
joanazubu:
Hi ssup,traveling to houston Aug from lagos ..pm me quote author=Chrisdew post=47635649]Hi , August H town bound preggy mamas please I need someone to help me with liquid body lotions less than 2 kg for picks in lagos ,, will give u a Free airport pickup to anywhere in houston .. I mean it....inbox if u can .thanks
this doesn't sit down well at all. shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm
lipsrsealed
Lemme be the one to say it. Mommies and Daddies. Please please please do not be quick to accept stuff from strangers .
as in en... In this era of lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feddy27:
Firsttymum, don't mind dem jare... some people feel you owe dem duty of care to accomplish their give birth in US mission! what nonsense! I keep saying to people, I got ALL info from this thread. I've been to other cities in the US bt goin to Houston was my 1st time and it was for birthing. Even every1 in my house tot I was crazy for goin on such adventure but I was fully armed and prepared. Infact they were so surprised hw I went about everytin smoothly in a completely strange land.

IGNORE anyone that comes across as nasty! U read thru dats why u av the pages to wat dey are askin, dey should do same. Even now, I still update my notebook.

Later, they will blab rubbish about clique and no clique.

Nef, u sef av tried ur best. Forget them. I remember how you and modath combed Chicago and posted all the info yet some1 will not read and be asking plenty question!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
firsttymum:
as in en... In this era of lipsrsealed
Just in case folks have forgotten, you are advised to pack all your stuff yourself and veriify the contents. 'Did you pack your bag yourself' is a routine cbp question.
Some favours (even those with a free ride attached) are just too risky and should never be embarked on. That's why there's fedex, dhl and a thousand and 1 courier companies
#dropsmic

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by trishxx: 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi all.

First of all, sorry for quoting your post Nefertitiram. Kinda new here and haven't figured out how to create a new post.

This is to give back, as is said around here, after learning a whole lot from this thread.

DH and I had our visa interview a few days ago. Twas pretty simple. Below is the transcript:

VO: Good morning
DH&I: good morning
VO: What are you going to the US for?
DH: vacation and childbirth
VO: Where?
Me: el paso
VO: what's your relationship?
DH: we're married
VO: when did you get married?
DH: Blah
VO: What do you do?
DH: I work with blah as a blah manager
VO: what do you do in that role?
DH: I do xyz for the company
VO: How long have you been employed there?
DH: blah years
VO: and what do you do (to me)
Me: I am a legal practitioner and do blah blah
VO: have you contacted any doctor?
Me: yes. I have correspondence with this hospital and that doctor [Hands over emails]
VO: why this hospital?
Me: We got a strong recommendation from my aunt who is a RN with practicing privileges there.
VO: how much do you plan to spend?
Me: blah. We have a detailed budget if you'll like to see it. [She nods. I hand over budget sheet with colour highlights. She barely glanced at it but I guess she only needed the total]
VO: Pick up your visas in 3 days.

So thanks to all the users on this thread for your very helpful posts. God bless you.

nefertitiram:

Smartmommy2015 grin

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
@desoul I called Parkland a while ago and they told me they only attend to Dallas county residents so didn't give me any costs over the phone. It's something like a general hospital so it's a huge place and they're always busy. The best approach with them might actually have to be letting your wife go there to make inquiries, they'll definitely give her the cost then as her address will show she's resident in the county. Please share your findings here when you get them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi

Have u bin reading dis thread? *batts*

oye84:
Can you kindly pm me Dr. E.'s contact. crestedroc@yahoo.com. God Bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
joanazubu:

Pls be very careful with taking liquid body lotions that you will not be purchasing yourself from a total stranger
It's good to help but think twice before taking any action, if possible, make the purchase yourself

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
Just checking in to salute everyone, una well-done. All the best to those travelling the week ,those due and those with visa interviews.have a great week all.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chrisdew: 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
Well I know it's inappropriate taking stuffs from strangers but I am not new to naira land over 20 preggy moms have ridden with me .. It saddens my heart if am stil regarded has a stranger in NL... I am not forcing anyone I just felt it's a platform for Nigerians both abroad and home . I am entitled to add an incentive for a favor .. If I was shady I can solicits from filtering from the houston options online ... Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
@desoul I called Parkland a while ago and they told me they only attend to Dallas county residents so didn't give me any costs over the phone. It's something like a general hospital so it's a huge place and they're always busy. The best approach with them might actually have to be letting your wife go there to make inquiries, they'll definitely give her the cost then as her address will show she's resident in the county. Please share your findings here when you get them.
ooh..ok thank you..definitely
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lovemeag: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi all , just need some clarification , does the US embassy open or take interviews on Saturday because my appointment was booked for Saturday so I'm a bit worried that something is not right . Your swift response /feedback will be highly appreciated . Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
Chrisdew:
Well I know it's inappropriate taking stuffs from strangers but I am not new to naira land over 20 preggy moms have ridden with me .. It saddens my heart if am stil regarded has a stranger in NL... I am not forcing anyone I just felt it's a platform for Nigerians both abroad and home . I am entitled to add an incentive for a favor .. If I was shady I can solicits from filtering from the houston options online ... Thanks

Let your heart not b saddened. But there are some favours I won't even do for ma friends .
The good book says 'the heart of man is desperately wicked' . The people that have been conned, were so done by folks they trusted.note: I did not say you were evil o!. I just said its better to err on the side of caution

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hmmmm!!!! Every all dese I'm travelling on d dis and dat, let's hook up! People be careful o! U re embarking on a journey with a lot of money! Beware of absolute strangers on a faceless forum!

Anybody dat needs to send sometin, pls use courier services; dhl, Fedex, ups! Dey are faster and safer.

Joanazubu, use ya brain! Not in dis age and time do you carry a 'lotion' for a complete stranger undecided

Chrisdew, nobody called u evil! Ur request is very inappropriate in this time of drug related issues! Period! U forget how liquids are scritinized

Preggos travelling, even paper don't carry for anybody! Err on the side of caution. My own anty refused to bring signed consent form for me; she told hubby to courier it! I didn't take offence cos I understood her fears.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
desoul:
hello mama's...I have used the search box but didn't get what I was looking for...please why has any body not talked about parkland medical center dallas for sometime..Pls lady G,Nef,ffmumy,ajuju.justwise.chole..other Sabi mama's wetin una get to talk about this hospital make ma wifey no go register cos it's close to ma uncle place or cos na him suggest am...nyere nu mu aka!!!

Last I heard of Parkland, they said they do not accept international patients. That they are a govt hospital and for the locals in the area. Also, the place be like Naija govt hospital. No privacy rooms, serious bureaucracy and general poor services.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
I've read n read. Eni buruku ti ba eyan rere je. Firstymum Firstymum Nef, no vex. Som ppl can be funny.

Zooms off.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
lovemeag:
Hi all , just need some clarification , does the US embassy open or take interviews on Saturday because my appointment was booked for Saturday so I'm a bit worried that something is not right . Your swift response /feedback will be highly appreciated . Thanks
Yes . Saturday appts happen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lovemeag: 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes . Saturday appts happen

Thanks Ma , very grateful for the response .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jossy404: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
For the papa s in the house wey dey go do omoguo after the LO don arrive .......it is best you carry all your payment receipt followbody ooo. It bolster confidence at POE. #talkingfrompersonalhoustonexperience#

My 2cent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

What?! Hmmmm. U patience quotient is bigger than mine o!
Me I am a teacherr. The daughter of a tracher. And grand daughter of a teacher. So e de my blood not to aid indolence. If you can't work hard for your own sef, I won't.
Imagine the effontery. Person go gimme atitude on top ma pm

Don't change the fact that you're one of the most polite people on this thread.If not the most polite sef.Im always amazed with how you respond to sometimes "annoying" questions.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:25am On Jul 18, 2016
MadameU:
Just checking in to salute everyone, una well-done. All the best to those travelling the week ,those due and those with visa interviews.have a great week all.

Greetings back to you sis! How re u and yours?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 2:51am On Jul 18, 2016
XX01:

Last I heard of Parkland, they said they do not accept international patients. That they are a govt hospital and for the locals in the area. Also, the place be like Naija govt hospital. No privacy rooms, serious bureaucracy and general poor services.
thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2016
Please is it bad to help ?cos i can be in need too. I got alot of help from ppl here
I really don't understand .please need clarification so other ppl will learn too shocked shocked quote author=firsttymum post=47641912] this doesn't sit down well at all. shocked shocked[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 7:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Good morning firsttymum abeg were e sit if e no sit well cos na person wa sit for turkey now no sit well. please clarify quote author=firsttymum post=47641912] this doesn't sit down well at all. shocked shocked[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2016
My Ladyg...how u dey ..tanku vely mus .just advise and leave some comments beside .Please free ride is not problem ... have transportation planned and sealed .I know it will get to this .ppl can as well as well pm her. sent mail here cos nothing attached .......now I know no help topic closed . .mmyuote author=LadyGuinivere post=47642832]
Just in case folks have forgotten, you aHope u getting ready to push ...Just checking on u guyre advised to pack all your stuff yourself and veriify the contents. 'Did you pack your bag yourself' is a routine cbp question.
Some favours (even those with a free ride attached) are just too risky and should never be embarked on. That's why there's fedex, dhl and a thousand and 1 courier companies
#dropsmic[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.