Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900869 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blueberryy: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2016
debby516:
Thank God that it ended well, blueberry and abig welcome to the LO. Am i nt in for a long ride bayii? Dr. F and Methodist Sugarland. How do i cross dis hurdle i ve put myself? Did i see my alternative doc's name again in dis scenario - Dr. D Ziw.

Debby516, i guess your alternative doc should become your main doc. He is more detailed and he explained to me why he needed to break my water at that time.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2016
nefertitiram:

angry
Abeg oo, please put your husband's on birth certificate o! These 9ja men like tvegas, oloking, austine2020, and co that have used land money to finance missionary journey. Me that I am darker that shadow, I have oyinbo baby, whose only semblance with her dad i

You are a naughty somebody. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 10:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Lest i forget, the CBP officer at Houston POE told my wife to ensure she visits the US again before her Visa expires else they would be of the impression that she came to the US only because of citizenship and would be deported.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2016
nefertitiram:

angry
If it's the husband I married, you will just stay there and don't come back. Me that he has been suspecting of wanting to run away (I don't know what I did o!) I will now not put his name on birth certificate! Haaa! They will call village meeting on my head. Common passport I am still using maiden name, he still gives me side eye glances!

Abeg oo, please put your husband's on birth certificate o! These 9ja men like tvegas, oloking, austine2020, and co that have used land money to finance missionary journey.

Me that I am darker that shadow, I have oyinbo baby, whose only semblance with her dad is her thumb grin and maybe teeth in the future , then I now omit ogas name from birth certificate... Lai lai!infact her middle name is his first name! Crest him all over her! there's no vacancy in my father's house.

grin grin you will not kill somebody. "Resemblance is Thumb and teeth". My sis it's really land money oh. That's the song my DH has been singing to me since how many days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2016
You want me to fall off this hospital bed shebi?! grin grin grin grin

Me that I am darker that shadow, I have oyinbo baby, whose only semblance with her dad is her thumb grin and maybe teeth in the future , then I now omit ogas name from birth certificate... Lai lai!infact her middle name is his first name! Crest him all over her! there's no vacancy in my father's house. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Momo13:
You want me to fall off this hospital bed shebi?! grin grin grin grin

Me that I am darker that shadow, I have oyinbo baby, whose only semblance with her dad is her thumb grin and maybe teeth in the future , then I now omit ogas name from birth certificate... Lai lai!infact her middle name is his first name! Crest him all over her! there's no vacancy in my father's house.

My sister congrats on the LO. Really glad to hear from you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 11:47am On Aug 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Azzin ehhhh. I truly don't understand why folks are still patronizing this man.
Is it until something fatal happens? God forbid o.
All the nansense the man is doing, will he do it to americans? No. Are there no other doctors in the kain sugarland?
See this one now, heartbeat reduced. We thank God for mercy o!

Thank God say mama and pikin never die before. As we are still talking about this issue some people will still use him when other drs still dey the hospital to choose from.. This drs issue for me is the same as the story of the woman who went to birth in Alabama and took arik from lagos to new york just for the POE stamp and 6 months entry and then used those big GO BUS in US to drive to alabama for 16hrs plus and before she got to alabama,she started having serious contractions,kept suppresssing it until it became to much and they had to stop in a nearby city to be attended to for extra money(true story)..which kain money una dey they try save. High BP is real ooo, Stress is a fast killer too.The people wey i go pluck cane for na for the husbands wey go allow their wives to even go through this kind of things.Biko its not by force to born dia ooo. how can you hear these stories and push her to go forth to dr popular when your money can fetch you another option or save money for baby shopping so that she will enter bus from POE or allow her to enter 54-60hr flight plus connection and waiting time because it was the cheapest you saw. I pray none of us enter fox news or one wicked documentary in US before this election,we will then give them reason to vote Donald Trump.
MAY GOD GIVE US WISDOM.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
^^^AMEN!
Hahahaha @Go bus. Shebi I have a sister here that says she'll bus from NY to Richmond VA when labour starts so she won't pay for accomodation. She knows hersef! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls everyone go watch a video someone posted here from YouTube! The Business of Being Born.
I watched it in 2 days cos of poor network & was glad I did.
I'm very sorry for your unpleasant experience. Its not just an extra charge dey made u incur; dat CS was as a result of overzealous intervention. If dey monitored u well, ur baby would have com out by itself. Even if dat didnt Happen, u as a patient would have seen dat dey've even done all dey can before recommending CS. I don't understand why dey suggested CS few mins after induction? Why did dey start d induction in d first place? Didnt d pitocin even worsen baby's condition? U need to report dis o. Deed is already done but it's either u pay for one &forfeit d other. Shout &make noise &tel dem to review ur hosp notes &explain why dey opted for CS just few mins after commencing induction wit pitocin?
Even skilled midwives & their clever manouvre can deliver wit 6cm and 90% effacement. Mscheeww!
I'm just very sad

blueberryy:

...insisted on the pitocin n I took it less than 2 mins after she came in to say the baby's heart beat has dropped and she needed to perform a cs. The baby was delivered at 2:22pm.
In all of these my dr never called me once, ot in Labour. Based on my recent experience I will not be using dr F's team for my next missionary journey.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
It depends on wen dey joined NL or wen dey saw dis thread! So no,dey must not have benefited from dis thread yet.
Pls lets stop all dis stabbing already. If u have solution to d person's query,post. Otherwise,ignore and move on. Its called jump & pass syndrome. I do it a lot; be like me grin

Jbzzyy:

I can bet you seeing this is ur first post here and it is abt ETC you must have benefited one way or the other. Now instead of u to add to the knowledge base, you still want to take some more. It is well. Please who has a response to this?

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
AyaAremu:

I spoke to sm1 in Access today abt the pta card and he said the daily limit on the card withdrawal at the atm is $300 per day with a charges ranging btw $3-5 on every withdrawal depending on the merchant.

Is dis charge diff frm the 240 u mentioned above? This thing is getting confusing o

Pls sm1 shld help with clarification abeg

Hi dear, am confused already. I got the information I sent to you from an internal email on the subject. However let me clarify directly and get back.

I just got clarification, the $300 cash limit applies to other cards i.e credit card. But for PTA Travel card, the daily limit is $1k and charges is USD equivalent of NGN240 plus any additional charge imposed by the Bank whose ATM u are using.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gurlnext2u: 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello everyone! I just want to share my houston POE experience. I was delayed for 5 hours, it was very frustrating. The CBP officers kept attending to
US citizens including those that came hours after me. They claimed they were the VIP and the rest of us were not to priority. I don't blame them sha, it's their country. The first CBP I met sent me for secondary inspection immediately I told him my purpose of visit was to give birth. I got my B2 visa solely for this purpose 2 weeks ago. After what seemed like eternity, I was finally called.

CBP: hello, how are you?
Me: tired, very tired.
CBP: So you're here to give birth?
Me: yes
CBP: why did you choose el paso? have you been there before?
Me: No i haven't been there before. Did research on hospitals, blah blah, blah, found DR N and decided to contact him.
CBP: what do you do?
Me: Medical Dr
CBP: how much do you earn monthly?
Me: x amount
CBP: started residency training?
Me: NO
CBP: what about your husband? did he come with you? what does he do
Me: Bleep
CBP:how much does he earn? what is the cumulative amount from the both of you.
Me: hubby earns x amount with is about 10 times my salary, he is the one sponsoring the trip
CBP: Any letter from the hospital or DR
Me: yes, *hands over letters*
CBP: how much do you have with you?
Me: $9000, plus some pounds
CBP: Any credit or debit cards?
CBP: what's the daily withdrawal limit
Me: $300
CBP: please come with me so i can see the money you have
we went into another room, where himself and another officer counted the money, then we went back to the counter
CBP: whats your budget for the entire trip?
Me: $15k
CBP: so the cash on you is for what aspect of your budget? Any pre-payment done to the hospital or DR?
Me: Cash is for hospital bills and transportation, flight has been paid for, accommodation, feeding, miscellaneous will be paid with my credit cards.
CBP: Ok. Please collect receipt of payment so when you come next time, you show it to us
Me: ok
CBP: When are you due?
Me: end of september
CBP: congratulations!
he stamps me in for 6 months
I missed my connecting flight but luckily there was another flight available.
please i also noticed there was a mistake on the date he wrote, he wrote february 2016 instead of february 2017. I noticed the mistake as I arrived el paso.Please gurus in the house is there any thing I can do? It was a long and tiring trip, but in all I thank God.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
nefertitiram:

angry
If it's the husband I married, you will just stay there and don't come back. Me that he has been suspecting of wanting to run away (I don't know what I did o!) I will now not put his name on birth certificate! Haaa! They will call village meeting on my head. Common passport I am still using maiden name, he still gives me side eye glances!

Abeg oo, please put your husband's on birth certificate o! These 9ja men like tvegas, oloking, austine2020, and co that have used land money to finance missionary journey.

I cant stop laughing, But Nef you know it is real Taboo in igboland if Husband name is omitted in such an important document concerning his child. Original Katakata don burst if that happens,Lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
All men are same always suspecting that their wife wants to run away. Lol. All family is different and situation different. So one las to do what is applicable to our individuality.

[quote author=nefertitiram post=48379429]

angry
If it's the husband I married, you will just stay there and don't come back. Me that he has been suspecting of wanting to run away (
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Thank God you were released after all the interrogations.
gurlnext2u:
Hello everyone! I just want to share my houston POE experience. I was delayed for 5 hours, it was very frustrating. The CBP officers kept attending to
US citizens including those that came hours after me. They claimed they were the VIP and the rest of us were not to priority. I don't blame them sha, it's their country. The first CBP I met sent me for secondary inspection immediately I told him my purpose of visit was to give birth. I got my B2 visa solely for this purpose 2 weeks ago. After what seemed like eternity, I was finally called.

CBP: hello, how are you?
Me: tired, very tired.
CBP: So you're here to give birth?
CBP: why did you choose el paso? have you been there before?
Me: No i haven't been there before. Did research on hospitals, blah blah, blah, found DR N and decided to contact him.
CBP: what do you do?
Me: Medical Dr
CBP: how much do you earn monthly?
Me: x amount
CBP: started residency training?
Me: NO
CBP: what about your husband? did he come with you? what does he do
Me: Bleep
CBP:how much does he earn? what is the cumulative amount from the both of you.
Me: hubby earns x amount with is about 10 times my salary, he is the one sponsoring the trip
CBP: Any letter from the hospital or DR
Me: yes, *hands over letters*
CBP: how much do you have with you?
Me: $9000, plus some pounds
CBP: Any credit or debit cards?
CBP: what's the daily withdrawal limit
Me: $300
CBP: please come with me so i can see the money you have
we went into another room, where himself and another officer counted the money, then we went back to the counter
CBP: whats your budget for the entire trip?
Me: $15k
CBP: so the cash on you is for what aspect of your budget? Any pre-payment done to the hospital or DR?
Me: Cash is for hospital bills and transportation, flight has been paid for, accommodation, feeding, miscellaneous will be paid with my credit cards.
CBP: Ok. Please collect receipt of payment so when you come next time, you show it to us
Me: ok
CBP: When are you due?
Me: end of september
CBP: congratulations!
he stamps me in for 6 months
I missed my connecting flight but luckily there was another flight available.
please i also noticed there was a mistake on the date he wrote, he wrote february 2016 instead of february 2017. I noticed the mistake as I arrived el paso.Please gurus in the house is there any thing I can do? It was a long and tiring trip, but in all I thank God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nomanicole(f): 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
hi everyone, first of all, firstymum you are a strong woman. I hardly leave comments cos people tend to read it the way they like with plenty unfriendly hormones, is it not possible to just state hospital, no location and no doctors name. so that people can at least Google . if one can bring out millions to travel to America to have good healthcare, one should be willing to at least research, check reviews then pray. people like nerf researched, still gave out plenty expos on hospitals in Chicago. just wise went as far as sharing vital info on the first page. but people just come take the first line and disappear. if this mission is important to you as well as your hard earned cash then it won't take anything from your to go the extra mile to help yourself. maybe only hospital names should be dropped, no location, no doctors name and people should also discourage the use of pm's to get such info from new mums.( so that one doctor is not abused) just Google, recharge your phone and call. it's not so difficult, u can just hold ur nose, trust me your accent will change. the painful one is those ones that feel entitled, when they don't get answers, it becomes war of the world. pls everyone that responds is just helping, nobody is getting paid to wait for your questions. chukwu gozie unu!

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
AyaAremu:

I spoke to sm1 in Access today abt the pta card and he said the daily limit on the card withdrawal at the atm is $300 per day with a charges ranging btw $3-5 on every withdrawal depending on the merchant.

Is dis charge diff frm the 240 u mentioned above? This thing is getting confusing o

Pls sm1 shld help with clarification abeg

The new CBN review circulated today has changed the limit to $100 per day and still $1000 monthly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by priscai(m): 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=48219630]
This is exactly what Nefertitiram is talking about. Even Dr E u are talking about hope u know there are bad reviews here too...
If u don't research u won't have all d first hand info u need

I am currently in Houston using Doctor E at Oak bend. .I have visited twice and don't have any reservations for now. Same time she is affordable and easy going.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by priscai(m): 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
I am currently in Houston using Doctor E at Oak bend. .I have visited twice and don't have any reservations for now. Same time she is affordable and easy going.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gratefulalways: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hi All,

Sorry I couldn’t post for a while. My DW & LO returned home many weeks ago. Thank God the journey went well. The breakdown of all bills paid (for CS) are:

Oakbend (Hospital fees): $3625
Dr F (Fees & Tests): $3150
NICS: $551.62
Epidural: $950 (Only got a Zero Balance Statement by email. No receipt was issued)
Brown & Associates: $208
Pediatrician Visit: $75
* DW cancelled hearing test
Baby’s ticket on Lufthansa: $444

BC came out 3 days after discharge. DW paid $23 for 1 copy

SSN Card came in the post 1 week after delivery.

I notarized the consent form at the US Embassy in Abuja & sent to DW by DHL immediately after baby was born.

US passport was expedited $165 (Same day collection as DW had booked appointment on phone)
Naija visa was processed by Tanko. It took 3 days via express mail.

We thank God for His faithfulness and loving-kindness and this is wishing everyone on this forum God’s blessings and He will definitely intervene in everyone’s situation & grant each and everyone favour in Jesus name.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
TripleKMama:
Pls everyone go watch a video someone posted here from YouTube! The Business of Being Born.
I watched it in 2 days cos of poor network & was glad I did.
I'm very sorry for your unpleasant experience. Its not just an extra charge dey made u incur; dat CS was as a result of overzealous intervention. If dey monitored u well, ur baby would have com out by itself. Even if dat didnt Happen, u as a patient would have seen dat dey've even done all dey can before recommending CS. I don't understand why dey suggested CS few mins after induction? Why did dey start d induction in d first place? Didnt d pitocin even worsen baby's condition? U need to report dis o. Deed is already done but it's either u pay for one &forfeit d other. Shout &make noise &tel dem to review ur hosp notes &explain why dey opted for CS just few mins after commencing induction wit pitocin?
Even skilled midwives & their clever manouvre can deliver wit 6cm and 90% effacement. Mscheeww!
I'm just very sad

[/quote]

Exactly! I guess most pple didn't watch d video.

I had my 1st baby in d uk and d 2nd in d US. Trust me, the care given in d US is very very money centred. So very compromised. Forget all d 'they were sweet n efficient' pple come to type here. Most are comparing to naija.
I liked my doc. Attentive and all. Had and overall gud experience. Esp wen u ve a praying doc (I'm muslim and she's xtian) but I still liked d fact dat she knew God.
But still, u can't compare medical care in both countries.
I got a call a day after my antenatal dat doc has decided to induce me (thou twas at no xtra cost) I still called to speak to her to ask y d induction. And she clearly had no reason. Just said baby was ready to come out. I was 39wks and had bn 2cm dieted for abt a wk. But gud exercise cld ve made labour progress. But of course I was already tired n wanted to come back home so I agreed to d induction. Thou my 1st baby came at 36 +5 days. But even I knew I did lots of walking wiv d 1st pregnancy. I was alone n had to do all my baby shopping myself.
But wiv d second, mum was wiv me n I practically didn't even lift a finger to do anything.
US docs r quick to induce n give epidural. I didn't take epidural for dis birth cos it was used to do my 2nd degree stitches wiv my 1st in d uk n I absolutely hated hw it made me feel wen it was wearing off.
But dy tried so hard to force it on me.
But in all let's just all always pray hard b4 embarking on dis journey.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
Austine2020:
I cant stop laughing, But Nef you know it is real Taboo in igboland if Husband name is omitted in such an important document concerning his child. Original Katakata don burst if that happens,Lol.

Infact, nobody can beg for you. You will switch into that single/divorced status automatically

Kikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please why will we travel all the way to America and still be wanting Nig doc?? In my opinion,those Nig docs will still have Nig mentality and behave as such, eg Dr. F.

Personally, I can't travel abroad and allow Nig Dr touch me. Why then did I go to America??
I'm not saying all Nig Drs are bad sha.

As for research,when I was researching for my daughter's birth, I started reading this thread even before I got pregnant. Immediately belle enter, research intensified. I called so many hospitals and doctors in different parts of America. My jotter was so full, Infact, one will think I had an exam or cash award to gain.

Bottom line, let's help ourselves by doing extra research. You will even find some good doctors that are even cheaper. Some of us are already tired of seeing same names of Drs and hospitals here.

This one that hubby has started saying we have to start considering 2nd missionary journey soon, E clear say if I don't want to go back to El Paso(which is not likely),its anoda research work I want to start cos not so much new hospitals and Drs here anymore.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please for the doctoresparati rep on this thread, is it true that you no longer use Dr. Martell and Dr. Monticone? And you also don't use Del So Medical anymore?

If yes, can those of us that used them, still use them for next baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
@isysleek: those doctors gave up on a lot Nigerians around the time I went in June 2015. What I heard, emphasis on what I heard was, they were tired of Nigerians concealing information, and expecting them to perform magic. For example, someone who knew she had placenta previous from Nigeria, would claim her pregnancy was going well, knowing full well there were issues, and would refuse to go for a scan. Bottomline, they stopped taking Nigerian patients. About hospital, they still use delsol, but there is now an option of another hospital, Sierra Province at downtown. This development came up after I left because delsol started treating people badly and we complained. Yes, was a victim. I had a normal delivery, went 3 weeks later, was told my account was clear and my zero balance would be processed. 6 weeks after, was told I was owing 18 dollars, but the system couldn't tell what it was for. Then lab sent bills to almost everyone for mother n baby. In fact the bill came like 2 days before I left, a lot of people had even left when the bill came, and had to start calling to find out of they were owing, which h of cause they were told they were owing. If I didn't have contacts of people, they wouldn't know they were owing. I guess the feedbacks started getting bad. May be wrong sha.....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
Oh, for those doctors you mentioned, if u have their contact, discuss with them personally, the fact that they have had you as a patient, they will probably take you. You can also request specifically for them from rodolfo since u are an old patient.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbengx: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
For those asking about infant ticket. We were extremely lucky. Called Air France & we were told it would cost $300+. Can't remember exact amount. Got to d airport. Was hoping to pay $100+. The guy keyed in our details & told me ticket was $94... couldn't bliv my luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by davsquared: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hi everyone. A big thank you to all who have helped by sharing their knowledge /experience on this thread. Using the famous words " In the spirit of giving back", here is my story (sorry its long)

I have been more like a ghost reader.
Applied for a US visa wen we started trying for baby number 2. D plan was to get it before preg, go for vacation, den later use it wen bellle shows. A wk after application, i discovered dat e don already happen. Meanwhile interview date still dey 3wks away and my passport na virgin passport. Friends n well wishers told me nt to talk abt being preg, some blamed me for nt waiting, eventually someone told me abt dis thread days to d interview.
Reading from page 1 pt 1was very tedious . I tried d much i could and handed over d rest to God. Went there blindly without knowing abt budget sheet, docs correspondence or anytin. Only took reference letter, payslips and statement. I was just like if d truth no set me free, den its just as well. Had in tow my hyperactive 17 month old who displayed so much dat one of d pple manning d line at d visa office had to move us forward make we do quick dey go. Pple just dey look us cos dey saw hw he was acting. Frm shaking d standing fan, to putting his hand in d fan blades wen i tried carrying him, to running around and refusing to b held.
Nt sure i can fully remember each question bt it shld b sometin close to dis.

Vo: hello
Me: hi good day. Struggling to handover passports even as my son was dragging it wit me. Vo smiles and tells me to put him on d slab. I gladly did (dat pikin get weight)
Vo: where do u intend to travel to?
Me : Altlanta
Vo: what will u be going dere for.?
Me: i intend to go for an easter vacation
Vo: who will u be staying with
Me: my sis in law
Vo: dat is ur husband's sis?
Vo will ur husband be joining you
Me: no he wont. Work schedule wont permit
Vo: what do u do
Me: i work in... As a...
Vo: for how long now?
I ans
Vo:wat is ur pay pkg like?
I ans. She keeps typing
Vo : n ur husband, wat does he do?
Me: he works at... As a...
My lil oga dey dere dey tap d slab and glass
Vo: how many kids do u have?
Me: just dis one
Vo : do u intend to have more
Me: oh sure! (for my mind i was like " is dis woman kidding? Na naija we dey"wink
Vo: r u pregnant?
Me: yes i am. I am abt 8wks preg
Vo: (sounding shocked) oh really.
Me: (smiling) yes
Vo:Do u knw wen u will b due?
I Told her.
Vo: Alright. Though u will be travelling before u r due, if u do intend to give birth in the US ensure u show proof dat u can pay ur bills bla bla bla. I said ok
Vo: ur visas hav been approved. Collect dem.... I don tune off. Just thanking God in my mind while collecting the white paper. Said my thanks and floated out. No document asked.

Went for d vacay as planned den started jacking dis thread. Got all dem drs correspondence, hospital receipt (paid thru form a) , cash , did budget sheet, carried statements, sent notifcation of intent 3 days b4 i travelled (got no response) ,...d whole nine yards.

Fast forward to POE experience im Atlanta. Came in at 35 wks yesterday. Line long like wetin i no knw. Was determined to form hard woman so nothing like wheel chair. Eventually got to my turn and after exchanging greetings
Cbp: what r u coming to the Us for
Me: to give birth
Cbp: i can c u were here earlier in d yr
Me: yes. Came for vacation with my son
Cbp: hw long do u intend to stay
Me : 2 months
Cbp: where will u b staying
Me: wit my sis in law and gave him d address.
Cbp: do u hav receipts n correspondence
Me: yes. I hand over d envelope. He opens the first two pages nd gives it bak.
Cbp. Alrite that is gud. Hw much casH?
Me : $8421 (tried to remember hw much d coins i had amounted to, culdnt)
Cbp: so not up to $10,000
Me: no
Cbp: ok u r good to go ( stamps me in for 6 months and while handing over passport asks if i have foodstuff and tins lik chicken, live birds etc)
Told him i had some spices and packaged food.
Cbp: alright, ur free to go. all d best.

No agric, nothing else.
Now to the borning proper!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Wow!! Congratulations on your successful POE! Wish you greater success for the remaining part of the journey!
davsquared:
Hi everyone. A big thank you to all who have helped by sharing their knowledge /experience on this thread. Using the famous words " In the spirit of giving back", here is my story (sorry its long)
No agric, nothing else.
Now to the borning proper!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls and pls can you email me tankos number abeg sir.quote author=gratefulalways post=48392545]Hi All,

Sorry I couldn’t post for a while. My DW & LO returned home many weeks ago. Thank God the journey went well. The breakdown of all bills paid (for CS) are:

Oakbend (Hospital fees): $3625
Dr F (Fees & Tests): $3150
NICS: $551.62
Epidural: $950 (Only got a Zero Balance Statement by email. No receipt was issued)
Brown & Associates: $208
Pediatrician Visit: $75
* DW cancelled hearing test
Baby’s ticket on Lufthansa: $444

BC came out 3 days after discharge. DW paid $23 for 1 copy

SSN Card came in the post 1 week after delivery.

I notarized the consent form at the US Embassy in Abuja & sent to DW by DHL immediately after baby was born.

US passport was expedited $165 (Same day collection as DW had booked appointment on phone)
Naija visa was processed by Tanko. It took 3 days via express mail.

We thank God for His faithfulness and loving-kindness and this is wishing everyone on this forum God’s blessings and He will definitely intervene in everyone’s situation & grant each and everyone favour in Jesus name.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
davsquared:

I have been more like a ghost reader.
Applied for a US visa wen we started trying for baby number 2. D plan was to get it before preg, go for vacation, den later use it wen bellle shows. A wk after application, i discovered dat e don already happen. Meanwhile interview date still dey 3wks away and my passport na virgin passport. Friends n well wishers told me nt to talk abt being preg, some blamed me for nt waiting, eventually someone told me abt dis thread days to d interview.
Reading from page 1 pt 1was very tedious . I tried d much i could and handed over d rest to God. Went there blindly without knowing abt budget sheet, docs correspondence or anytin. Only took reference letter, payslips and statement. I was just like if d truth no set me free, den its just as well. Had in tow my hyperactive 17 month old who displayed so much dat one of d pple manning d line at d visa office had to move us forward make we do quick dey go. Pple just dey look us cos dey saw hw he was acting. Frm shaking d standing fan, to putting his hand in d fan blades wen i tried carrying him, to running around and refusing to b held.
Nt sure i can fully remember each question bt it shld b sometin close to dis.

Vo: hello
Me: hi good day. Struggling to handover passports even as my son was dragging it wit me. Vo smiles and tells me to put him on d slab. I gladly did (dat pikin get weight)
Vo: where do u intend to travel to?
Me : Altlanta
Vo: what will u be going dere for.?
Me: i intend to go for an easter vacation
Vo: who will u be staying with
Me: my sis in law
Vo: dat is ur husband's sis?
Vo will ur husband be joining you
Me: no he wont. Work schedule wont permit
Vo: what do u do
Me: i work in... As a...
Vo: for how long now?
I ans
Vo:wat is ur pay pkg like?
I ans. She keeps typing
Vo : n ur husband, wat does he do?
Me: he works at... As a...
My lil oga dey dere dey tap d slab and glass
Vo: how many kids do u have?
Me: just dis one
Vo : do u intend to have more
Me: oh sure! (for my mind i was like " is dis woman kidding? Na naija we dey"wink
Vo: r u pregnant?
Me: yes i am. I am abt 8wks preg
Vo: (sounding shocked) oh really.
Me: (smiling) yes
Vo:Do u knw wen u will b due?
I Told her.
Vo: Alright. Though u will be travelling before u r due, if u do intend to give birth in the US ensure u show proof dat u can pay ur bills bla bla bla. I said ok
Vo: ur visas hav been approved. Collect dem.... I don tune off. Just thanking God in my mind while collecting the white paper. Said my thanks and floated out.
easy-peasy... straight to the point. Congrats and happy borning smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.