Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900609 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hi dear,
I haven't had my baby yet, was going to PM you to ask about your experience since you used my dr. I don't know much about BCs and PP yet.

ezigbozi:

Hello dear,how are you and your little one? In terms of paper work for the baby, Pls how long did it take for both the Baby's birth certificate and American passport.looking forward to your reply. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
That's terrible, what POE was this pls?

firsttymum:
They were guys in that place too... One man was just crying en.... Loudly.

And there was a Dr who examined all d pregnant women. She said she didn't believe it was happening to her. It was like a dream. Her hubby didn't even let anyone know she was back dey booked a flight to the UK asap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by estasplash: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello all, pls I'm trying to renew my visa via dropbox, after filling and submitting the D-160 I went to schedule an appointment but I'm not seeing the option for dropbox. I'm only seeing dates for interview. Pls I need help on hw to renew via dropbox.

estasplash:
Hello house! First timer here. Pls I have a visa that expires on the 11th of september and I intend traveling on the 1st of September cos my due date is in November. I want to know if I have to apply for a visa renewal before I travel (that is before the expiration date of the visa) or I should apply for renewal  when I get to the US ( that is after the expiration of the visa)‎. Will I be allowed into the states with my almost expired visa wen my due date is in November? I need answers plsssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
estasplash:
Hello all, pls I'm trying to renew my visa via dropbox, after filling and submitting the D-160 I went to schedule an appointment but I'm not seeing the option for dropbox. I'm only seeing dates for interview. Pls I need help on hw to renew via dropbox.

Follow the links/questions on the appointment page . If you are qualified, it leads u to the dropbox option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Wow! Na wa o. And Del So was good to me o. Had my baby in May 2015. The care at the hospital was amazing and they even gave me a fully baked and iced cake for my baby and alot of other things when I was leaving the hospital. I guess too many people started flooding the place thus the bad service. That's always the case. Eg Dr. F of Oakbend

For the lab, I also got the the bill like two months after I left. Hisgrace lodge owner sent me the letter. Cos I didn't want future embassy and POE wahala, I called them and paid with card and got a discount and got my receipt via mail.

Thanks for the info.

slimwendy85:
@isysleek: those doctors gave up on a lot Nigerians around the time I went in June 2015. What I heard, emphasis on what I heard was, they were tired of Nigerians concealing information, and expecting them to perform magic. For example, someone who knew she had placenta previous from Nigeria, would claim her pregnancy was going well, knowing full well there were issues, and would refuse to go for a scan. Bottomline, they stopped taking Nigerian patients. About hospital, they still use delsol, but there is now an option of another hospital, Sierra Province at downtown. This development came up after I left because delsol started treating people badly and we complained. Yes, was a victim. I had a normal delivery, went 3 weeks later, was told my account was clear and my zero balance would be processed. 6 weeks after, was told I was owing 18 dollars, but the system couldn't tell what it was for. Then lab sent bills to almost everyone for mother n baby. In fact the bill came like 2 days before I left, a lot of people had even left when the bill came, and had to start calling to find out of they were owing, which h of cause they were told they were owing. If I didn't have contacts of people, they wouldn't know they were owing. I guess the feedbacks started getting bad. May be wrong sha.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
I sure will. Thanks a lot.

slimwendy85:
Oh, for those doctors you mentioned, if u have their contact, discuss with them personally, the fact that they have had you as a patient, they will probably take you. You can also request specifically for them from rodolfo since u are an old patient.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hi all,guess what? Gtb gave me 4000$ PTA dis morning. I don't believe it. Lols

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
moyomola22:

I cannot believe it either. E reach to give testimony for Church.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damsel020: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=moyomola22 post=48423618]Hi all,guess what? Gtb gave me 4000$ PTA dis morning. I don't believe it. Lols[/quote

This is a testimony. Pls what branch did u get from and what's d procedure like. Travelling in 2 weeks and am yet to get. ]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
moyomola22:

And at what rate?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by estasplash: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Follow the links/questions on the appointment page . If you are qualified, it leads u to the dropbox option

Got it. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
firsttymum:

This story is not complete. She no talk d truth finish

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
moyomola22:

Congrats Hun, please at what rate where you given?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolof2010: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
quin9 ost=48419392:
[/quote][quote author=quin9 post=48419392]

Thanks for the response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolof2010: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=quin9 post=48419392][/quote]
Thanks you much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolof2010: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=quin9 post=48419392][/quote]
Thank you much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolof2010: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
hotmummy2015:

they charged me 370 as at aug 10th angry

Thanks ma...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
moyomola22:

It's annoying when people come and give half info. You will make people start running after GTbank when we all know that the only reason GTbank sold to you is that you are a Total staff or spouse of one. Just feel like you're mocking us.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
@isysleek, when we went they stopped giving cakes. Told us they would send it later and never did. None of us that went around that period benefited. Also paid for lab over the phone from Nigeria to save myself future embarrassment.
Gtb? Pta? Oya, talk the complete truth madam.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
[Haha haha my dear cant still believe it. But d dollars dry my hand shaquote author=lobus post=48423736]

I cannot believe it either. E reach to give testimony for Church.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=damsel020 post=48424086][/quote]I ggot in portharcourt dear, I just tried my luck I dnt put mind sef, dry come just called me to come get it dis am, I will be traveling on Sunday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello House,
I am yet to recover from my ordeal at Houston Poe. I just thank God for everything and in the spirit of giving back (lol)...
I left PHC on Tuesday 9th August 2016 with my 3kids and Nanny. Flew Aerocontractors where it all started. Hubby checked us in so all I did was sit and wait for flight announcement.Time to board I was asked for fit to fly, which I brought out with all confidence! 35weeks ! I was told to go and take a refund because their policy is 32weeks. After all the argument at the Tarmac which I refused to vacate the pilot was given the option of deciding and at the end I was given two indemnity form to sign.
Got to Lagos, flew Emirates Airline and had no issues with fit to fly! Longest journey ever, kudos to all mothers with kids on Emirates, I hear am no be small.
Got to IAH at 3.40pm and the queue was something else, took almost an hour to get to the CBP 1.

CBP. Why are you here ma'am?
Me. To have my baby.
CBP. Ok, do you have a Doctor, how much would that cost you ?
Me. Yes (bringing out my Doctors appointment correspondence) About 7500dols for a V. Delivery
CBP. That's too small, keep your documents. What's the name of your Doctor?
Me. Dr Shirley P. Of Southwest...
CBP. Ok how much do you have with you?
Me. 500dols (that I managed to changed at 395 in Lagos) lol explaining that I also have 2 Cheques in my name for a total of 17kdols for Citibank and Premier America Bank at Westheimer Road. With statement of both banks in my possession.
CBP. I understand you were resident in Houston on a work Visa from bla bla bla
Me. Yes Ma'am
CBP. I put it to you (huh) that your intention is to use your hubby's company Insurance, which I see from my system still covers you and your family.
Me. (My nairaland family see information that I was not even aware of) i am not aware that my family insurance is still subsisting ma'am as the HR wanted us to take Cobra when we were transferred back to Africa.which is an insurance package for international staff wanting to use medical facilities in the US. After reviewing the package and premium involved , my hubby and I decided against i. As we will prefer to pay our bills in full when ever there is a need to seek medical attention in the US!
CBP. How am I sure that your husband is still a staff of ... Company
Me. I have a copy of his ID card, contract of employment etc
CBP. Where will you be staying.
Me. With a friend in Richmond for a few days till I view some accommodation a realtor is helping me with.
CBP. (Asking me to look at the Camera and placing my fingers on the thumbprint scanner) I am not convince ma'am that you are not here to use your Insurance.
I was quiet and just allowed her to speak her mind, she talked and talked and finally said we should all stand aside that someone will come and get us.

Another CBP came and asked me to follow him, that was how the secondary inspection thing dawn on me oh! We entered a crowded room filled up with every color, preggies, both old and young. There was no where to even sit, so we just stood at the entrance, later I was asked to take my kids to the playroom and look for a seat that standing is not encouraged. My nanny stayed with my kids and I finally saw an empty seat.
Waited about 1hr and my nanny's name was called na so I jump go answer for her, I was turned back and told to get her, which I did. So I stayed with my kids as my last was crying uncontrollable off cos he sensed the tension in me.
She came back shaken and all she could repeat is that the CBP to her she was lying, that she is coming to stay and not to assist me with the kids and new baby, that he didn't even allow her to talk but kept telling her to say the truth as I Might be Deported back to Nigeria. It was until she showed him a copy of her return ticket that he asked her go and sit.
My people when I heard the word deported back and I saw a lady and her little daughter asked to bring out their boarding pass because they are going to get her luggage so she can be put in the next flight home, I chinned up and just told my nanny to be calm. I just refused to entertain fear and went back to the hall to seat.

After about 2 hrs the same CBP guy that interview my nanny pointed at me and said "you come here" we all looked at each other and nobody got up! The next thing he kept pointing and shouting "you that is looking at me " I realised it was me and I went to him thinking we will move to a room lol (I got that from) he shouted at me to stand in front of the desk . Na so part two start.

CBP. Why are you here ?
Me. To have my baby
CBP Why the US for this baby when the others are Nigerians
Me. I had complications a with my last baby who was barely 2months when we relocated and I was attended to medically here in the US by Dr S. And so hubby and I decided to go to her because of the better healthcare we previously enjoyed in her hands bla bla (he did not allow me to finish)
CBP. Turn around ma'am and face the room (Chei!) I obeyed lol, all these pregnant women are from Nigeria and the are all saying the same thing, why are y'all lying tell me you came for the citizenship and I will respect you, don't lie with better healthcare and he started talking and shouting about Nigerians and how we lie a lot!
Me. I did not say anything
CBP. How much did u bring
Me. 500dols and gave him the Cheques and statements, I also have my hubby's debit and credit card to use until I open an account
CBP. I am not interested in your cards keep them. I am interested in why you did not inform the embassy in Nigeria that you are coming for childbirth
Me. I informed the embassy, pls check your records, I got my visa approved via Dropbox, but personally took my smallest child who has never had a Visitors Visa for interview and our visa was updated to medical B2!
CBP. Ma'am I understand you are an ATTORNEY, I want you to be straight forward in your answers as I can no longer keep up with you. Lol
Me, I promise to be when you stop shouting at me, (smiling)
CBP. Looking at the Cheques and statement why is your husband giving you 17kdols when the balance is....
Me. If I require more in the course of my treatment he will give me. I intend to pay my bills to the last dollars and my hubby is capable as you can see. (I noticed he started mellowing and gisting with me from there.
CBP. Where are you staying?
Me .with a friend for a few day until I have my own place
CBP What area do u intend to stay
Me. SugarLand axis, he asked why and I told him that's my old neighbourhood and I have friends there who are like family to me.
CBP. You NIG like to stay with friends.
CBP so does your husband still work for bleep company
Me. Yes
CBP why should I believe you
Me. I have a copy of his ID card and contract of employment or better still I can give you his boss's no who happens be the VP of bleep company for you to confirm his employment. I assure you that he will even come down to the airport to pick my family because his name is in the person of contact I filled in the embassy DS 160 form
CBP. If I were your husband I will be very upset that my boss is coming to pick my wife from from the airport ( na so the guy start another line oh)
Me. He is like a father to us and hubby has no reason to be jealous.lol (yeye man!)
He asked me if I brought any foodstuff and I said yes a few items and started stamping our passports and asked me to get my family from the playroom . Gave me our passport and my 6year old son said thank you Sir. I just walked out as fast as my tired legs will take me.

Looked for our luggage at baggage claim and was told to check lost items as after 4 hours they take all the bags there
There I met CBP no 3. Lol looking at the CBP form he asked me and the kids to go to another room while my nanny should take door with the exit sign.

Giving him the form, he asked for the Cheques and I gave him, started typing in his system and I asked him if he wants the bank statement he said No that he believes me, and started asking why they sent me to him. I lol and told him I should be asking him that.
He went through my handbag and brought out my sealed bottle of coke (i am an addict lol) told me to go. Saw my nanny with our luggages and we took a cab to my host at Richmond. Got to the house around 10pm , we have been eating and sleeping since then!
Many thanks to everyone who is contributing to this thread, LadyG, Firstymum,Feddy27,Chloe, simababe you win! May God bless everyone of you. My confidence came from this thread, even when family and friends told me Houston was going to be a breeze for me as a former resident. Gracias!!!
Sorry for any typo.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dwebb55:

And at what rate?
. 334
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thankful11011:

Congrats Hun, please at what rate where you given?
tnks dear 334
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
XX01:

It's annoying when people come and give half info. You will make people start running after GTbank when we all know that the only reason GTbank sold to you is that you are a Total staff or spouse of one. Just feel like you're mocking us.
hey what do u mean by dat? In your ddream Abi? Pls stop been rude with ur comments, am not a total staff okay I just tried my luck and it worked, I even met like 2 other peeps today there and dey gave dem. Abegi

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jesu! Mistygal I'm shaking here as if na me. God pass them.
Houton CBP just be voking. Hisssssss. Na jealousy dey worry them when they see all the money tongue

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
moyomola22:
hey what do u mean by dat? In your ddream Abi? Pls stop been rude with ur comments, am not a total staff okay I just tried my luck and it worked, I even met like 2 other peeps today there and dey gave dem. Abegi
Press control + Ignore
I wish somebody can dash me total job now sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ezigbozi: 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
MzYemie:
Hi dear,
I haven't had my baby yet, was going to PM you to ask about your experience since you used my dr. I don't know much about BCs and PP yet.

Oops sorry, i asked you that in error, question was directed to another mum who had her baby in methodist too and is back to Nigeria. Im also still waiting to pop. You can still PM me dear. Warm Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mistygal4:
Hello House,
I am yet to recover from my ordeal at Houston Poe. I just thank God for everything and in the spirit of giving back (lol)...

Congrats dear, enjoy ur jollof rice n easy n swift delivery wit no xtra charges for us.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
@moyomola22, in this era of using torchlight to search for dollar, a congratulatory message is in order o.... No mind we doubting Thomas's. Thanks for the information.
@mistgal4, I respect the fact that you stayed calm. Don't even know what I would have done. Congrats. Here is wishing u a safe delivery.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Press control + Ignore
I wish somebody can dash me total job now sef cheesy
tnks lady g, I just wonder how some peeps transfer aggressions nawa

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.