Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900860 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
XX01:

Does it follow the daily, monthly limits and is there a cap per transaction?

International POS and Online Transactions are Subject to the account balance Daily and fee is Free

International ATM withdrawal is subject to a daily limit of $1,000 . Fee is equivalent of N240 on International ATM withdrawals. (Please note that some foreign banks levy additional charges for using their ATMs)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mikoj22: 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Good evening great Men and Women, Please I need info as regards to visa appointment change of date. I, my wife and baby applied for a B1/B2 visa for vacation and childbirth and we booked a different appointment date because I will not be around the said date I choose for them due to my work schedule. But today I received a mail from our head office that I will be going on vacation with the other guys earlier than my real date for vacation.
Now I want to change my appointment date to the same date with my wife and baby since I will be home few days to that day. Please I need help on how to go about it. Can I just log in and choose same date with my wife and baby and print a separate appointment letter as I have done earlier?...
Please I really need help because I just received the mail few hours ago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Clown!

firsttymum:
Chai.... Their policy didn't apply to me. And those who went there as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AyaAremu: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
BeckyU:

International POS and Online Transactions are Subject to the account balance Daily and fee is Free

International ATM withdrawal is subject to a daily limit of $1,000 . Fee is equivalent of N240 on International ATM withdrawals. (Please note that some foreign banks levy additional charges for using their ATMs)

I spoke to sm1 in Access today abt the pta card and he said the daily limit on the card withdrawal at the atm is $300 per day with a charges ranging btw $3-5 on every withdrawal depending on the merchant.

Is dis charge diff frm the 240 u mentioned above? This thing is getting confusing o

Pls sm1 shld help with clarification abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tippex(f): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
BeckyU:

I just asked a Branch Manager. The advice is for you to open and fund the account, then make your request the next day or two.

Thank you so much BeckyU kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
mikoj22:
Good evening great Men and Women, Please I need info as regards to visa appointment change of date. I, my wife and baby applied for a B1/B2 visa for vacation and childbirth and we booked a different appointment date because I will not be around the said date I choose for them due to my work schedule. But today I received a mail from our head office that I will be going on vacation with the other guys earlier than my real date for vacation.
Now I want to change my appointment date to the same date with my wife and baby since I will be home few days to that day. Please I need help on how to go about it. Can I just log in and choose same date with my wife and baby and print a separate appointment letter as I have done earlier?...
Please I really need help because I just received the mail few hours ago.
Ist, is the date your wife picked still vacant?
If it is, then you can rescedule from the appointment page whilst being careful to ensure you do not exceed the 2 times allowed. If not OYO is your name and your money don go.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
True to this below! It happened to me..i was so pained!!
happytbaby:

@ Firstymum and the person looking for PTA: FCMB made the policy of account must be 6months like 5yrs ago o, so i doubt she can get there. An overzealous account officer that wants to meet target might tell you that they will sell to you. Also, the account officer might not know the policy especially in up country branches.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Na so ooo..very well said Lady G! Sounded like an agent to me sef!
LadyGuinivere:

Great advice. However considering that she posted the name of her hopsital thereby making actual research easier, you didn't.
So I believe you should follow her style and post the name of this your doctor and accomodation so it can be researched upon....no be so?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
I have used my Access Bank card on BOA and Apple (not sure of the name tho) atms... the max amount i could withdraw was $240...BOA's charge was $3 while Apple's charge was $2.75.
AyaAremu:

I spoke to sm1 in Access today abt the pta card and he said the daily limit on the card withdrawal at the atm is $300 per day with a charges ranging btw $3-5 on every withdrawal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
happytbaby:

Question: do they accept letter of consent notarised by a notary public in El Paso or does it have to be the one from the embassy here in Nigeria?

If the father is in El Paso, the letter of consent can be notarized by any public notary in El Paso, TX, but it must be taken to the passport agency before the father leaves so it is on file. If the father is not in El Paso, it can be done at the embassy in Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
"Question: do they accept letter of consent notarised by a notary public in El Paso or does it have to be the one from the embassy here in Nigeria?

Nope, it is not accepted. It has to be the one from the embassy here in Nigeria. Basically, as soon as baby is born, get hubby to book a date for notary and not visa interview. Then he can FedEx it to you. Should get to you a week, or there about. Hopefully, it gets to you about the time your bc comes out too, so you can further your documentation processing."

This is incorrect. As mentioned, it must be taken to the passport agency before the father leaves so they have it on file. Most people do not take it to the passport agency before they leave so they are advised that they must go to the Nigerian Embassy. Both ways are possible.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
@ Vlesparza, well, guess the first question I should have asked before answering was if hubby would be in Elpaso with her. If he won't, and she needs it signed, and sent from Nigeria, then it should be by a notary public at the American embassy in Nigeria. If he would be in el Paso with her, then your advice is in order. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Destinycalls: 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=justwise post=44302103][/quote]
Good evening mamas...is the Nigerian embassy in DC still issuing emergency travel certificates?
what is the current cost and procedure.
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jbzzyy: 12:13am On Aug 11, 2016
Destinycalls:

Good evening mamas...is the Nigerian embassy in DC still issuing emergency travel certificates?
what is the current cost and procedure.
thanks

Lol. Pls have you benefited previously from this thread? Although you are not obliged to give back, I can bet you seeing this is ur first post here and it is abt ETC you must have benefited one way or the other. Now instead of u to add to the knowledge base, you still want to take some more. It is well. Please who has a response to this?

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 3:18am On Aug 11, 2016
Be like say this Access card no go favour me. Can't use it to pay bills as they would expect you to pay all in full upon your first visit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummybee: 3:45am On Aug 11, 2016
I just got an information that the ETC has been cancelled.
Reason: it has been abused by Nigerians hence, the Cancellation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mikoj22: 4:13am On Aug 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ist, is the date your wife picked still vacant?
If it is, then you can rescedule from the appointment page whilst being careful to ensure you do not exceed the 2 times allowed. If not OYO is your name and your money don go.

Thanks so much LadyGuinivere for your comment i really appreciate. The date my wife and baby picked is 30th this month end and i picked 20th Sept. because am suppose to be due for vacation 9th Sept that was why i choose 20th.

I have logged in to check if there is still space for August but all i can get is Sept because its stated in the page that i cant get any other date expect i have to choose a date ahead of the initial one (20th Sept). Paying another fee is not the issue all i just need is a way i can make it with them same interview date.

Please, apart from this procedure, is there any other way which i have to follow to get same date as my wife or i have to stay till 20th Sept?.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blueberryy: 5:09am On Aug 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I had my baby a month ago at
Methodist Sugarland and my dr was dr Robertson ( (she is with dr F). At 40.2 weeks I was feeling so much pressure so I called the dr who said I should go to the hospital, at the hospital the dr called the nurses to observe me for 2hrs( I was biled$1870 for that and also $175 to read the ultrasound that was done) after the 2 hr observation I was sent home that there was no patterned contraction.

The next day the pressure increased and I had to go back to the hospital the nurses checked me and I was admitted at 3cm dilation, the next morning dr dama came to break my water and by noon at 6cm dilation a dr Nixon came and insisted on me taking pitocin and I said no at 2pm she insisted on the pitocin n I took it less than 2 mins after she came in to say the baby's heart beat has dropped and she needed to perform a cs. The baby was delivered at 2:22pm.
In all of these my dr never called me once, she made me incur extra $1870 without any justification. I think dr F and his team are too busy and we all need to find alternatives. I incurred unnecessary cost just because they are new to methodist and they don't know how things work there. Please, if you are using methodist Sugarland try and pre register, ask questions about other associated cost and do not go there if you are not in Labour. Based on my recent experience I will not be using dr F's team for my next missionary journey.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2016
Wow! Sorry dear...but in everything, we give thanks to God! Thank God you and baby are doing fine!
blueberryy:
Methodist Sugarland and my dr was dr Robertson Based on my recent experience I will not be using dr F's team for my next missionary journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2016
A big congratulations. I will soon reapply as my visa hv expired

Lajoie33:
It’s my turn to give back oooo
After we renewed and selected dropbox, they called me for an interview. A few days later, my DH’s visa was ready for collection. Thank God for the encouragement on this thread I for don cry finish. Anyway I prepped like mad. Gathered a truckload of burden of proof (Phema would be proud), and travelled to Abuja. My transcript:
VO: calls me to her counter, didn’t mention my surname
Me: Good afternoon ma'am how do you do?
VO smiles: great and you? (I smile say ok) sorry I couldn’t pronounce your surname, I didn’t want to make a mistake
Me: Not a problem ma'am, its ---
VO attempts to pronounce it, makes me laugh and that sets the tone of the interview
VO: So we notice the last time you travelled it seems you had a baby in the US
Me: Yes ma'am
VO: Can we see any receipts?
Me: Yes ma'am, I have 2 receipts from 2 different hospitals
VO: How come?
Me: I went on vacation, my big sister convinced me to attempt a water birth in a birthing center. Fast forward real labor, after 3 days of pain I was begging for an epidural and so I had to be transferred to a hospital
VO (laughs): Ok (takes receipts from me)
Types and types
VO: your receipt is not itemized.
Me: no, that’s all they gave me, along with a letter of non-indebtedness
VO: Ok you might want to get an itemized receipt from them as it could be asked for at the POE. Am assuming this trip is to have another baby…
Me: yes ma'am ( In my head: how could it not be, with my very long belle)
VO: Are you giving birth in the same place?
Me: No ma'am.
VO: why not?
Me: I now know I'm a sissy when it comes to pain, so this time around, I'm pre-paying for my epidural in a hospital.
VO (laughs): Natural childbirth sounds great
Me: Yeah until you're in labor for 3 days.
We have a good laugh
She types and types
VO: did you tell them at the airport the last time that you were going to have a baby:
Me: I think so, I was so tired and my mum was with me doing most of the talking, I really can’t remember…
VO: did you go for secondary inspection?
Me: no
VO: ok were approving your visa, make sure…. (All the usual advice)
I'm ecstatic!
Me: thank you ma'am! My visa is still coming via DHL right?
VO: Yes
I float out of the embassy
God has been awake on my behalf. He has used you all to help me. I did my renewal without help from any agent, only the advice from this group. Thank you for giving me the information so freely and kindly. This is one forum where I see Nigerians giving for the sake of giving. Thank you and God bless you all.
Now on to ticket waka who knows where I can hustlecheap ticket for first week of September for me and my less than 2 yr old? biko, mbok, ejo, da allah.. eep a sister in need
Sorry for the very long post

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 7:03am On Aug 11, 2016
@blueberryy, congrats on the birth of your little one. Painful as the whole thing may be, look on the bright side, we have a healthy mama and baby. God bless your little one.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 7:24am On Aug 11, 2016
Yes dear, it's possible for single mamas. If ur hubby is nt there and u want to hv the sole custody of the child . U can only write ur name thereby omitting every info about ur hubby on the form u fill at d hospital . Pick up ur baby's birth certificate Then u don't need to get any consent letter from hubby. Just head to passport office with the birthcertificate and ur baby's passport will be issued. This is normally applicable to divorced and single pregnant lady's.

[ quote author=KayLayChi post=48253348]

It possible for single mamas nah. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2016
Yes, cos I did. But from the first form u fill after or before delivery. U don't write his name or else u will provide his consent letter at passport office

Austine2020:
So it is possible to have only the mothers name in the baby birth certificate and still collect the baby passport?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2016
mummybee:
I just got an information that the ETC has been cancelled.
Reason: it has been abused by Nigerians hence, the Cancellation.

ETC for babies or for all Nigerians?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:32am On Aug 11, 2016
blueberryy:
Methodist Sugarland and my dr was dr Robertson ( (she is with dr F). At 40.2 weeks I was feeling so much pressure so I called the dr who said I should go to the hospital, at the hospital the dr called the nurses to observe me for 2hrs( I was biled$1870 for that and also $175 to read the ultrasound that was done) after the 2 hr observation I was sent home that there was no patterned contraction.

The next day the pressure increased and I had to go back to the hospital the nurses checked me and I was admitted at 3cm dilation, the next morning dr dama came to break my water and by noon at 6cm dilation a dr Nixon came and insisted on me taking pitocin and I said no at 2pm she insisted on the pitocin n I took it less than 2 mins after she came in to say the baby's heart beat has dropped and she needed to perform a cs. The baby was delivered at 2:22pm.
In all of these my dr never called me once, she made me incur extra $1870 without any justification. I think dr F and his team are too busy and we all need to find alternatives. I incurred unnecessary cost just because they are new to methodist and they don't know how things work there. Please, if you are using methodist Sugarland try and pre register, ask questions about other associated cost and do not go there if you are not in Labour. Based on my recent experience I will not be using dr F's team for my next missionary journey.

Hummnn... Thank God mummy is fine, baby is fine.

...and that is the end of Solomon Grundy. Eyin Ghost Whisperers abi spiritual members, they will not comman hear o. The matter has passed be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Enyinne:
Yes dear, it's possible for single mamas. If ur hubby is nt there and u want to hv the sole custody of the child . U can only write ur name thereby omitting every info about ur hubby on the form u fill at d hospital . Pick up ur baby's birth certificate Then u don't need to get any consent letter from hubby. Just head to passport office with the birthcertificate and ur baby's passport will be issued. This is normally applicable to divorced and single pregnant lady's.

[ quote author=KayLayChi post=48253348]

It possible for single mamas nah.

angry
If it's the husband I married, you will just stay there and don't come back. Me that he has been suspecting of wanting to run away (I don't know what I did o!) I will now not put his name on birth certificate! Haaa! They will call village meeting on my head. Common passport I am still using maiden name, he still gives me side eye glances!

Abeg oo, please put your husband's on birth certificate o! These 9ja men like tvegas, oloking, austine2020, and co that have used land money to finance missionary journey.

Me that I am darker that shadow, I have oyinbo baby, whose only semblance with her dad is her thumb grin and maybe teeth in the future , then I now omit ogas name from birth certificate... Lai lai!infact her middle name is his first name! Crest him all over her! there's no vacancy in my father's house.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 7:52am On Aug 11, 2016
nefertitiram:

angry
If it's the husband I married, you will just stay there and don't come back. Me that he has been suspecting of wanting to run away (I don't know what I did o!) I will now not put his name on birth certificate! Haaa! They will call village meeting on my head. Common passport I am still using maiden name, he still gives me side eye glances!

Abeg oo, please put your husband's on birth certificate o! These 9ja men like tvegas, oloking, austine2020, and co that have used land money to finance missionary journey.

Me that I am darker that shadow, I have oyinbo baby, whose only semblance with her dad is her thumb grin and maybe teeth in the future , then I now omit ogas name from birth certificate... Lai lai!infact her middle name is his first name! Crest him all over her! there's no vacancy in my father's house.

LMAO!! Speaking for myself as a man, it is a serious crime o!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:04am On Aug 11, 2016
nefertitiram:

Hummnn... Thank God mummy is fine, baby is fine.

...and that is the end of Solomon Grundy. Eyin Ghost Whisperers abi spiritual members, they will not comman hear o. The matter has passed be careful.
Azzin ehhhh. I truly don't understand why folks are still patronizing this man.
Is it until something fatal happens? God forbid o.
All the nansense the man is doing, will he do it to americans? No. Are there no other doctors in the kain sugarland?
See this one now, heartbeat reduced. We thank God for mercy o!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:25am On Aug 11, 2016
lobus:

LMAO!! Speaking for myself as a man, it is a serious crime o!

U see am na! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2016
BeckyU:

Good morning dears,
I decided I will not post until I have something positive and today God did it the way only Him knows how. After my denial in July, I reapplied with hubby this time and requested for emergency appointment. Went for the interview today and below is the Transcript:

VO: Good morning
US: Good morning
VO: What are you going to do in US?
me: To have our baby
VO: Oh! good. congratulations
US: Thank you
VO: Is this is your first child?
ME: No, our third
VO: Have you travelled before?
ME: Yes, to the UK and Dubai, in 2014. We went with our children
VO: Nodded and looked through the passports, then asks ''what do you both do for work?
ME: I am a supervisor in ........financial institution and have been there for the past 8 years
Hubby: Quality control engineer in ..........dealers in .......... and went on to describe his duties (He sha wanted the VO to be the one to say its okay and he did)
VO: Whats your budget for the trip?
Me: USD13,153.00
vo:Which medical facility will you be using?
Me: Oak Bend Medical Centre
VO: Have a doctor?
Me: Yes, gave him name of Doctor and correspondence.

After checking through the documents, he returned them and at this point he then settled down to look through our passports, mine in particular. You remember I mentioned here that the first VO that denied me perused my passport same way too. Now the truth is that there was actually a stamp I had an agent put on my passport earlier in the year. I didn't know better then. After that denial, and reading the answers from some of you on this thread, I knew it had something to do with those stamps. And so today, the VO showed me the stamp and told they were fake and asked me whether I knew about it, I said yes and told him how I got them on my passports. He was I didnt need to do that and that it will put question mark on my integrity. I told him it was a huge mistake and of course will never do such a thing.

long and short, he approved our Visas with a strict warning on having an agent put stamp on passports. My people if anyone ever tries to convince you there is no God or that He doesnt answer prayers, hmmm.....I pity such a person. Never heard that a VO will see a fake stamp and still approves Visa. Today God showed me how ''the heart of kings are in His Hands''. You may know someone who is as ignorant as I was and considering using an agent, please tell them its the worst decision ever.

Finally, Thank you LadyG, Firsttymum and a host of others here. You guided me well on how to answer well. God Bless.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Thank God that it ended well, blueberry and abig welcome to the LO. Am i nt in for a long ride bayii? Dr. F and Methodist Sugarland. How do i cross dis hurdle i ve put myself? Did i see my alternative doc's name again in dis scenario - Dr. D Ziw.
blueberryy:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by juliet002: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2016
Vlesparza:

You need the doctors letter for the visa. You can also pay by bank wire (form A) and credit card over the phone.

Thanks, finally used PayPal and I have the documents now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.