Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899927 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for replying. I actually need to ask the guys at First bank if these cards have limits. Can't believe I forgot to ask. If they do, I'll go the money order route like you suggested, as against paying my bills with it. I've done it at Walmart in the past without issues. Thanks again

MzYemie:
I got PTA from Access bank as prepaid dollar card and had zero issues, theirs had daily limit of 1k and charge of$3 per use which means you withdraw 4 different days, so I bought money order from post office,Kroger etc of $995 and paid into my Bank of America account or collected cash from the BoA atm $500 and$480 on the same day.
e
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ulio:
Tolulope Check ur pm
Ulio, not seeing any pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nnystc:
Beat their maids
Is that even possible
Ok, perhaps its possible, especially for those who keep underage girls as maids...

I can't imagine beating up a 21+ year old girl... Or even an underage girl too for that matter...

For those of us using people as punching bags/ WWF practice, PLEASE DESIST Oh... Their own mums grew them from scratch too undecided lipsrsealed
Afterall, if not for hard times, who wants to go serving people in their houses?

Here in the US, such help is so scarce, and if you make "fim" with anybody's head, you will hear "nwii" from the government.. They will dash you SILVER BRACELET (handcuffs) first even before you begin to explain how she provoked you... grin

Good, let paid adults be maids. And stop abusing ur husbands verbally.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amy20: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

Pls feddy27, ladyguinivere I need clarifications. Kindly assist.

My last B1/B2 visa which just expired was gotten from the UK, I want to know if I am eligible for Dropbox application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
tolulope9009:

Ulio, not seeing any pm
sent oo, pm me need to get info on payment at henrico
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Amy20:
Hello everyone,

Pls fedd..y27, ladyguin..ivere I need clarifications. Kindly assist.

My last B1/B2 visa which just expired was gotten from the UK, I want to know if I am eligible for Dropbox application.

Yes, you are. Mine was gotten from d UK too and I renewed via dropbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 2:35am On Sep 17, 2016
Pls who is willinging to share accomodation in chicago..am so in need of one...i dont even know how to go about it...pls someone should help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amy20: 3:30am On Sep 17, 2016
feddy27:

Yes, you are. Mine was gotten from d UK too and I renewed via dropbox

Okay. Thank you very much for this info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Colouredgirl:
Pls who is willinging to share accomodation in chicago..am so in need of one...i dont even know how to go about it...pls someone should help a sister
Check 2-3 pages back,@nefertitram had someone who was looking to share with her coz or so.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
Colouredgirl:
itinerary
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
Colouredgirl:

Wen do u need it? Send a pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Divinefavrite: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hello people, good morning. I have been quietly following this forum since May this year when a friend introduced me . I have read, made notes , researched and finally it paid off.
I had my visa before I discovered this forum. In getting the visa, there was so much mix up but on getting here I discovered my mistake and decided to set my records straight as much as is possible.
After so much reading, research and calling several hospitals , I settled to give birth in houston. I am actually writing g this to thank God for His mercies which endures forever more and also to thank everyone who has given selflessly on this forum to enable newbies like me learn n live.
My POE experience at houston airport was less than five minutes.
Me:Good afternoon (with a smile that can melt the rocks)
CBP: Good afternoon, your passport please and why are you here
Me: vacation and childbirth (lots of people had told me not to mention that and hide it but after my visa mix up and everything i learnt here I chose to tell the truth as it is and let God have His way)
CBP: How long do u intend to stay
Me: six weeks becaues I need to get back to work
CBP : Place ur finger on the ..... and raise ur face for capturing
And that was it, gave me my passport and stamped B2 on it with date of entry. There was no until..... date so I checked the i94 website and Saw I was stamped in for six months.
No secondary inspection, no agricultural with all the foodstuffs I had and even ticked them on the form that was given on the plane
Flew airfrance at 36weeks +.
I just can't stop worshipping God. God bless u all. Will go for my appointment on monday by God's grace.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
Divinefavrite:
...CBP: Good afternoon, your passport please and why are you here
Me: vacation and childbirth (lots of people had told me not to mention that and hide it but after my visa mix up and everything i learnt here I chose to tell the truth as it is and let God have His way)Flew airfrance at 36weeks +...
Congrats on your POE experience...i can relate to how people advise us not to be truthful about it but thank God...
please did airfrance ask u for fit-to-fly letter from your hospital. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Yaaaayyy!! Congrats dear!
tolulope9009:
Good day, Nairaland family..!
Been looking forward to sharing my experience here like most..
More great news to follow...
Thank you, wonderful people of Nairaland!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hi! we're good oo...sowweee I just saw it. I've replied
Ulio:

AdomMum how's ur lo n u? Check ur pm abi u didn't receive any
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Congratulations
Divinefavrite

Thanks Niksie

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
Divinefavrite:
Hello people, good morning. I have been quietly following this forum since May this year when a friend introduced me . I have read, made notes , researched and finally it paid off.
I had my visa before I discovered this forum. In getting the visa, there was so much mix up but on getting here I discovered my mistake and decided to set my records straight as much as is possible..

I bless the Lord on your behalf. Nothing as good as the truth.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
AdomMum:
Yaaaayyy!! Congrats dear!
Thank you, AdomMum!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 12:11am On Sep 18, 2016
Niksie:

Please did you get the fit-to-fly letter for up to 10k from your hospital? this is what my hospital charges and i'm wondering if it's not better to do just the one at port health (at the airport) which is way cheaper.

My apologies for the late response. I hope its still relevant. I use my office HMO, so I can't say for certain but I don't think I was charged for it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 12:16am On Sep 18, 2016
Niksie:

Hello NaijaMama, sorry to bother you. Please how did you resolve this baby's visa versus return ticket issue with Airfrance? and did you pay just about 10% of your own ticket. Thanks

I eventually returned without a visa and processed visa on arrival. I explained this to AirFrance officials and they let me fly. However, a friend said she saw another woman with her kids that weren't allowed to check in/board a day after.

For the ticket, I bought a return for $206. I got a quote of $375 for one leg if I was adding it to my ticket.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by powermike9999: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2016
I apprec8 ur kind response.

tablesturn:
Good day powermike. Yes you can transfer from a 3rd party account. But make sure your wife goes to the travelex office/bank 1st to notify them of the name of the 3rd party transaction expected. Better still you can transfer to her account and she can make the payment herself so all documents are synchronous
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolijiks: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2016
Hello Nairaland mamas & papas,

This thread has been so educating,i have tried to read through as much as i can but i still need help. I would be so grateful if someone in-house could help a sister in need.
I am currently 26weeks+ with my second baby, hence due in December and i intend to travel in November, i have a USA visa B1/B2 which i used to give birth to my first baby at Phoneix(Arizona) in August last year. fortunately for me, my visa would not expire until April 2017. This time around i intend to go to Chicago as we have a cousin based there, however, the doctor we intend to use said they do not issue correspondence until they see the preggy in person. and i hear dr A would request for deposit before he can issue any form of standard correspondence (don't know how true it is). Please does anyone know any doctor/hospital that can provide correspondence without asking for an initial deposit?

I have read alot about chicago, so i would most likely use another liberal state as my POE .

Thanks in advance good mamas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by timmiezone: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2016
Hello All,

Please can someone send me Tanko's number. I've searched the thread without success. Please help send to businessideas8897@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2016
Dh is at the airport now, he said travelex is selling for 350 today, so go try ur luck. It's well

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
Thanks @naijamama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by coolcathy(f): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
oluphilip2008:
Good day my wonderful e-family.
I ought to have done this at least 3 weeks ago. But for one reason or the other I couldn't write my POE experience on time. But like the common saying goes "better late than never"

I got my visa in December, 2014 for vacation, that's for myself and kids. Hubby already got visa twice then.
However, we were not able to embark on the trip due to sudden changes in hubby's work schedule.

Fast forward to 2015 December, I discovered I was pregnant. So we started making plans for our vacation and to have the baby in the US. (Bro-in-law's wedding was in July too in New York).
To cut the story short, we flew Lufthansa from Abuja to JFK on the 10th and arrived on the 11th of July. I was exactly 34 weeks. I had my fit to fly letter, but I wasn't asked for it at any point of the journey. I also sent the change of intent notification to the embassy like 3 days before my travel date and I got the usual response. The flight was good and so on time. The plane for the Abj-Frankfurt leg was empty, I had about three seats to myself at the back, so I was able to lie down and sleep all thru the journey. The Frankfurt-Newyork leg was filled to d brim. Even though it was a bigger plane. In flight entertainment was very good. The kids had something to keep them busy at every point in time.

We got to JFK around 1:30 pm. The airport was like a crusade ground. Too many planes came in at the same time. We got called by the CPB after queuing for about 2:30 mins, our time with him was short and uneventful. It went thus:

CPB: Hello, can I have your passports?
DH: Good day officer (handed him the passports)
CPB: why are you in the US
DH: For vacation
Me: And childbirth too (I quickly chipped in)
CPB was busy with his computer and the passports so I thought he probably did hear what I said. So I had to ask him again if he heard me say childbirth, he then nodded and answered yes. The next thing was he was already taking DH's finger prints and then mine. Before we knew it, I saw that he was stamping the passports. There's this self automated machine at JFK where you input your details before getting called by CBP. There we declared that we had food and that we wanted to declare our currency, as we were carrying about 26k dollars ( our own personal money was about 10k only, the rest was for some one else?

The CPB handed our passports back to us and directed us to where we would get the currency declaration form. While waiting at baggage claims, a random female officer walked up to me and asked why we were in the US and how long we were staying. I told her childbirth and vacation, she asked how far along I was, I told her. In my mind I thought maybe she would be the one to send me to secondary inspection, but I was wrong. She only wished us the best and told us to enjoy our stay. After getting our luggages and filling the form, the next thing I saw was exit.

Even though I declared that I had food(fish, ogbono, egusi, knorr cubes, crayfish, garri, plantain flour and all), I wasnt sent for secondary inspection, nothing was checked, not even a single document was asked for. JFK is the best POE.

We stayed for the wedding which was on the 23rd of July. The hospital I'm using is in Flint, Michigan. So I arrived here on Monday 1st of August. My first appointment was on Wednesday 3rd. It was awesome.

So this is the first part of the testimony. I'm earnestly awaiting the second part (d arrival of my LO in less that 3 weeks).

Sorry for the long post and once again sorry for posting late.

Please can you share a copy of the change of intent email you sent to the embassy, Dont know the format to use for it.
My email addy is coolamyh@yahoo.com

Thanks alot for your kind response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
timmiezone:
Hello All,

Please can someone send me Tanko's number. I've searched the thread without success. Please help send to businessideas8897@yahoo.com

Thanks.

I doubt you have searched cos i just did and saw his number. Type 'Tanko' on the search bar and check page 2 or 3, you would find the number.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
bolijiks:

. Please does anyone know any doctor/hospital that can provide correspondence without asking for an initial deposit?

I have read alot about chicago, so i would most likely use another liberal state as my POE .

You can get correspondence from Doctors affiliated with Oakbend, Houston Methodist and other Hospitals in Houston without any deposit for your POE and port to Chicago upon arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
bolijiks:

This thread has been so educating,i have tried to read through as much as i can but i still need help. I would be so grateful if someone in-house could help a sister in need.
I am currently 26weeks+ with my second baby, hence due in December and i intend to travel in November, i have a USA visa B1/B2 which i used to give birth to my first baby at Phoneix(Arizona) in August last year. fortunately for me, my visa would not expire until April 2017. This time around i intend to go to Chicago as we have a cousin based there, however, the doctor we intend to use said they do not issue correspondence until they see the preggy in person. and i hear dr A would request for deposit before he can issue any form of standard correspondence (don't know how true it is). Please does anyone know any doctor/hospital that can provide correspondence without asking for an initial deposit?

I know one.

PM for details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mikoj22: 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Happy Sunday to all the great men and women in the house... Please my wife will be traveling with Royal Air Maroc tomorrow and she is 33weeks and she has a Fit to Fly from her hospital. I want to know if she will still need to go to the port health for another one or the initial one she got from her doctor will be ok.

Please any one that have used them (Air Maroc) should please help me out.

Hope she can book and pay for a connecting flight from JFK to El Paso from the counter?. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lala4sure: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello everyone and happy sunday grin
Please i really need Dr E personal email. I have sent loads of email to Oakbend but still no reply and I need to contact her to find out if she gives correspondence for both visa application and POE.
Please For those who have used her please did she send any to you? (or you used DR F correspondence just like i did last year but had to port to Dr E on arrival since she was cheaper and better) please help me. I had her number but lost my contacts ( Didnt expect to go for second missionary journey so soon) hence the asking. Pls help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
lala4sure:
Hello everyone and happy sunday grin
Please i really need Dr E personal email. I have sent loads of email to Oakbend but still no reply and I need to contact her to find out if she gives correspondence for both visa application and POE.
Please For those who have used her please did she send any to you? (or you used DR F correspondence just like i did last year but had to port to Dr E on arrival since she was cheaper and better) please help me. I had her number but lost my contacts ( Didnt expect to go for second missionary journey so soon) hence the asking. Pls help a sister
Ntorrrrr tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.