Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902149 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Dwebb55:

what dates are you looking at?
was looking at 15th of oct before but i think there is change in plan now, which might be like 27th or 28th of oct.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ifemi2016: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=bolijiks post=49474171]

The doc I wanna use says dey don't send correspondence or collect money until dey see d Peggy in person. And from what I av read about Dr A of Chicago who could give a correspondence I'll rather stick to my doc. But now correspondence at Poe is what I need. [/quote.

kindly go to Zocdoc,find the doctor and book appointment with him.he will confirm your appointment.That is what I did and it is sufficient with your mail to use at POE. I am present at Chicago as well
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

Really impressed with the support and information gotten so far from part 1 to 4. Though i skipped 2 parts. Too much info scattering my head.

Please i would like to know if anyone has used Odessa,Texas for birthing . Need very affordable options there.

Also, how do i ensure no hidden cost as learnt from other mums who paid above there target cost.

Lastly ,want to know how to get cheap flight over there in January,EDD is for mid February.

Do not mind being directed to a part of the thread, if the part and number can be attached .

Will be awaiting friendly reaponses. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
Record Breaking Silent Readers! lipsrsealed
Just wanna Hail some special pipo here as I just saw a silent reader worthy of emulation! grin
Registered 2005. Total posts 15. Na dis kain pipo I dey fear in Uni those days
Dayum! shocked

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
They are called Tablets,iPad belongs to a brand grin
(on a very light not,no shade intended)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
I just replied. I hope it isn't coming too late tho. apologies...
Ulio:

ADOMMUM biko come to my rescue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
geojay:
was looking at 15th of oct before but i think there is change in plan now, which might be like 27th or 28th of oct.

Best quote seems to be turkish airlines although United airlines is okay if you can get someone to book from over there(US). Best of luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ifemi2016: 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Colouredgirl:
To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived midnite on sunday sept 18,at about 1:14am.God made it easy,normal delivery,John H stroger hosp cook county,Chicago ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko!

Congratulations dear on the arrival of your baby.
I am also in Chicago can you please pm me your mobile no although I am still waiting for the arrival of my angel.we can talk on how and where we can get the babies documentations.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ifemi2016: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2016
bolijiks:
Hello Nairaland mamas & papas,

This thread has been so educating,i have tried to read through as much as i can but i still need help. I would be so grateful if someone in-house could help a sister in need.
I am currently 26weeks+ with my second baby, hence due in December and i intend to travel in November, i have a USA visa B1/B2 which i used to give birth to my first baby at Phoneix(Arizona) in August last year. fortunately for me, my visa would not expire until April 2017. This time around i intend to go to Chicago as we have a cousin based there, however, the doctor we intend to use said they do not issue correspondence until they see the preggy in person. and i hear dr A would request for deposit before he can issue any form of standard correspondence (don't know how true it is). Please does anyone know any doctor/hospital that can provide correspondence without asking for an initial deposit?

I have read alot about chicago, so i would most likely use another liberal state as my POE .

Thanks in advance good mamas.

kindly check for Norwegian American hospital,they will give you correspondence and go to Zocdoc in Chicago.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 12:38am On Sep 20, 2016
Yaaayy!! Congratulations!
Colouredgirl:
To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ynkthomas: 2:51am On Sep 20, 2016
Can I bring powdered milk (Peak Milk) into the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:54am On Sep 20, 2016
ynkthomas:
Can I bring powdered milk (Peak Milk) into the US?

Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ynkthomas: 3:17am On Sep 20, 2016
feddy27:

Yes you can
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gurlnext2u: 3:33am On Sep 20, 2016
Congrats!! Thank God.

Colouredgirl:
To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived midnite on sunday sept 18,at about 1:14am.God made it easy,normal delivery,John H stroger hosp cook county,Chicago ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DominionDoxa: 5:27am On Sep 20, 2016
Colouredgirl:

Congratulations dearie. God has done it again..am so happy for u, ur little bundle of Joy would open several doors for ur family in Jesus Name. Welcome Cutie....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrsO2: 5:35am On Sep 20, 2016
Annim:
@ MrsO2
I'm staying with a friend. Try airbnb you might get something relatively cheap..

Alright, will do.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissiejoe: 6:20am On Sep 20, 2016
Hello good people,
The cheapest airline I have seen from Lagos to Atlanta is 450k with BA. I have some few questions to ask.
1. Will there be need for a transit visa?
2. There are two stops on the inbound leg of the journey, London and then Chicago, will Chicago be the POE or the final destination Atlanta?
3 and for those who have used BA in the past, is it possible to fly at 33 weeks?
And please for those who didn't declare intention at embassy for child birth, please endeavor to write the letter of intent. I just watched an episode of UK border force series on YouTube and this episode features Nigeria. A pregnant woman was not allowed to board the flight with BA by one of the U.K. Embassy officials in Nigeria. The official called the us embassy and the us people said they were not aware of the birthing issue. The pregnant woman argued she's not traveling to uk but only stopping over, but the uk woman say no. After all this struggle to get visa and buy forex at high prices and also huge flight ticket prices. I felt for her
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:31am On Sep 20, 2016
TripleKMama:
Record Breaking Silent Readers! lipsrsealed
Just wanna Hail some special pipo here as I just saw a silent reader worthy of emulation! grin
Registered 2005. Total posts 15. Na dis kain pipo I dey fear in Uni those days
Dayum! shocked
kikikikikikikikiki
See as u dey make me laugh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by betty1983(f): 7:10am On Sep 20, 2016
@ bissiejoe, I flew BA to the US in jan 2015 at 35 weeks plus. You do not need a transit visa. Chicago will be your POE. You will need a well detailed fit to fly from your doctor.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TeeteeK: 7:15am On Sep 20, 2016
bissiejoe:
Hello good people,
The cheapest airline I have seen from Lagos to Atlanta is 450k with BA. I have some few questions to ask.
2. There are two stops on the inbound leg of the journey, London and then Chicago, will Chicago be the POE or the final destination Atlanta?
1.You don't need a transit visa,u wil not entering London. You will be at the airport through out.
2. Chicago will most likely be your POE cos that's your first stop in the US
3. For Singleton,its 36 weeks max but u need a fit to fly from your doctor/hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2016
Goodday my Sabi people. Pls my DH and I applied for a visa in March for vacation to celebrate our marriage anniversary but we were denied based on the usually no tie story. Now I am 5months pregnant and I will like to give birth in USA. I still don't work but my DH salary has significantly increased after that denial. We have travel history, I schooled in the UK and we both traveled together for my graduation.
can we apply together again or I should apply alone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gold638: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2016
Hello house. Thanks @firstymum for suggesting airbnb for my accommodation option. Quick one though. For those who have booked accommodation via airbnb, how did u make payments considering the forex limit on Nigerian debit cards? Also, did you book and pay for your entire stay at once? And is the site tested and trusted? Una no go blame me for all my questions ooo. Na hard earned money we wan spend so due diligence is very important. Thanks guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolijiks: 9:11am On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=Ifemi2016 post=49507869][/quote]

Thank you I'll explore that option..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2016
Chanbaby:
Goodday my Sabi people. Pls my DH and I applied for a visa in March for vacation to celebrate our marriage anniversary but we were denied based on the usually no tie story. Now I am 5months pregnant and I will like to give birth in USA. I still don't work but my DH salary has significantly increased after that denial. We have travel history, I schooled in the UK and we both traveled together for my graduation.
can we apply together again or I should apply alone?
You guys were refused despite your UK history? That's weird. 5 months? I did the math but I still need to know? Were you pregnant at the time of application? That may be a factor.
Apply alone. You already have access to this thread so get your self arranged /armed and go back.

@Justwise I de see your handwork for midnight. Keep it up biko. Mae them no go spoil that area for us biko! Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by VESSELS: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2016
Good Day Everyone,
Thanks for all the contributions. Very helpful and insightful indeed.
Please need some help. Has anyone had a baby in New Jersey? Do you know any Doctor or hospital I can contact and how much would you recommend I estimate as cost of Child Birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2016
VESSELS:
Good Day Everyone,
Thanks for all the contributions. Very helpful and insightful indeed.
Please need some help. Has anyone had a baby in New Jersey? Do you know any Doctor or hospital I can contact and how much would you recommend I estimate as cost of Child Birth?
The Search button is your friend
Funtolash just posted about NJ. All the above questions can be answered with a lil research.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You guys were refused despite your UK history? That's weird. 5 months? I did the math but I still need to know? Were you pregnant at the time of application? That may be a factor.
Apply alone. You already have access to this thread so get your self arranged /armed and go back.

@Justwise I de see your handwork for midnight. Keep it up biko. Mae them no go spoil that area for us biko! Lol

@ladyG thanks for ur comment. I wasn't pregnant I had my interview March 31st. And I am just 19weeks pregnant took in may. Would never had concealed it if I was pregnant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

grin grin i don't know what you are on about

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2016
Hello Bissiejoe. Thanks for the info. I use to be huge fan of UK Border Force series. Can you help with the season and episode of this particular storyline? Many thanks.

bissiejoe:
Hello good people,
3 and for those who have used BA in the past, is it possible to fly at 33 weeks?
And please for those who didn't declare intention at embassy for child birth, please endeavor to write the letter of intent. I just watched an episode of UK border force series on YouTube and this episode features Nigeria. A pregnant woman was not allowed to board the flight with BA by one of the U.K. Embassy officials in Nigeria. The official called the us embassy and the us people said they were not aware of the birthing issue. The pregnant woman argued she's not traveling to uk but only stopping over, but the uk woman say no. After all this struggle to get visa and buy forex at high prices and also huge flight ticket prices. I felt for her
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2016
gold638:
Hello house. Thanks @firstymum for suggesting airbnb for my accommodation option. Quick one though. For those who have booked accommodation via airbnb, how did u make payments considering the forex limit on Nigerian debit cards? Also, did you book and pay for your entire stay at once? And is the site tested and trusted? Una no go blame me for all my questions ooo. Na hard earned money we wan spend so due diligence is very important. Thanks guys.

You will have to use a dollar dominated debit/credit card.

When you pay for more than one month, a month's rent will be deducted from your account and the rest will be deducted at the expiration of your one month stay.

I haven't had any problems with the site, so i would say they are tested and trusted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2016
That sounds very hilarious. (cough, cough). No "dirty mind though". Its just the way the brain processed it. grin @Justwise, weldone.

LadyGuinivere:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2016
fatima04:
Hello Nairalanders,

Really impressed with the support and information gotten so far from part 1 to 4. Though i skipped 2 parts. Too much info scattering my head.

Please i would like to know if anyone has used Odessa,Texas for birthing . Need very affordable options there.

Also, how do i ensure no hidden cost as learnt from other mums who paid above there target cost.

Lastly ,want to know how to get cheap flight over there in January,EDD is for mid February.

Do not mind being directed to a part of the thread, if the part and number can be attached .

Will be awaiting friendly responses. Thank you.

Pleaee house am still awaiting responses to the above request. Help a mum in need☺☺ Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.