Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,086 members, 7,828,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902130 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2016
Good morning house, please does anyone have recent information on how to book more cheaper flight from lagos to houston as all the fairs am seeing are neck breaking. Travelling with my baby for childbirth. And if there is anyone that wants to share accomodation please let me know. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2016
adluv:
Hi NL, am new on the platform, plus can someone help me wit a doctor who can send me corespondence in either Atlanta or new york n if possible how much in total for giving birth. Pl's help a sister.
send a mail to doctor oduro, woduro@msn.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2016
I'm succeedin wit Travelex. Abt to pay. I'll only do $4K. A bird at hand @ N356 is worth more dan N345 in AccessBank in 2wks. God dey
Actually applied for $5K BTA in Access so if dey giv me all or d $1K balance, i'll be glad. Still better dan black mkt.
XX01:

They do. It's a CBN requirement. They might not have gotten the whole 4000dollars from their bank so they could do the 2.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2016
geojay:
Good morning house, please does anyone have recent information on how to book more cheaper flight from lagos to houston as all the fairs am seeing are neck breaking. Travelling with my baby for childbirth. And if there is anyone that wants to share accomodation please let me know. Thanks in anticipation.

The cheapest right now is Turkish airlines directly to Houston and its overs 400k depending on how long you staying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2016
Finally! I just got $4,000 from Abuja travelex after 3hrs+. I used my ticket & paid cash.
To God be all glory!
TripleKMama:
I'm succeedin wit Travelex. Abt to pay. I'll only do $4K. A bird at hand @ N356 is worth more dan N345 in AccessBank in 2wks. God dey
Actually applied for $5K BTA in Access so if dey giv me all or d $1K balance, i'll be glad. Still better dan black mkt.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lala4sure: 11:50am On Sep 19, 2016
Congrats dear and God bless your LO

Colouredgirl:
To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived midnite on sunday sept 18,at about 1:14am.God made it easy,normal delivery,John H stroger hosp cook county,Chicago ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2016
TripleKMama:
Finally! I just got $4,000 from Abuja travelex after 3hrs+. I used my ticket & paid cash.
To God be all glory!

No boarding pass required?

Can someone confirm if same procedure obtains in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lala4sure: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin I never esperedit ohhh. Its well

isysleek:
Lool. You never esperedit abi? Nothing do you jare! This is called sharp sharp anointing. *wink*

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lala4sure: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
geojay:

For the flight try Qatar and United its between 414-418k and it depends on your dates too. For the accommodation pls when is it ready and how much? will PM u too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
coolcathy:

Thanks Olu and firsttymum,I'll search for it too.

Congrats colouredgirl on your Lo.thanks be to God for safe delivery
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
Good day all. Hardly make comments but just ve to share my POE.
Flew AF on Sunday 17th from Abuja to Houston with my mum and 20mnths old son. Flight was okay just my son that decided to show us pepper.
Got to IAH by 2.30pm. Booked a wheelchair for mum so we flew past the very long line of people waiting to go thru customs. Got to CBP.. Conversation was
CBP. Why re u here
Me. Vacation for my mum and son while for me childbirth
CBP. Can see u had Ur son here. Who paid d bills.
Me. I did
CBP. Do u ve d receipts
Me. Yes and I brought them out.
CPB. When re u due and have u made any prepayment
Me. Due in October and no prepayment. Will make all payments by Tuesday when I ve my appt
CPB. How much do u ve on you
Me. Told him
CPB. OK fingers and look at the camera.
Did same with my mum and sent me for SI. Waited a few mins and some1 came to take me there. My mum went to baggage claim while I went with my son. Got inside and my son started throwing tantrums as usual. Was told to take him into the children's room. Less than 2 mins a lady brought juice and biscuit for him. 2 mins leta another officer came in and asked me if I paid all bills for him told him yes and asked if he wanted to see receipts he said no that he's OK. Less Dan 3mins he came back with my PP and said I cld go. Thanked him and left. Was sent to declare my funds since I came in with over $10k. Took less Dan 15mins and I was told to go. Was not sent to agric even having declared foodstuffs
Using Dr. Xy and HNWM. Will post bills when I'm done.
Thanks all...

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dabson2020: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Annim:
Flew AF on Sunday 17th from Abuja to Houston with my mum and 20mnths old son. Flight was okay just my son that decided to show us pepper.
Got to IAH by 2.30pm. Booked a wheelchair for mum so we flew past the very long line of people waiting to go thru customs. Got to CBP.. Conversation was
CBP. Why re u here
Me. I did
CBP. Do u ve d receipts
Me. Due in October and no prepayment. Will make all payments by Tuesday when I ve my appt
Me. Told him
Did same with my mum and sent me for SI. Waited a few mins and some1 came to take me there. My mum went to baggage claim while I went with my son. Got inside and my son started throwing tantrums as usual. Was told to take him into the children's room. Less than 2 mins a lady brought juice and biscuit for him. 2 mins leta another officer came in and asked me if I paid all bills for him told him yes and asked if he wanted to see receipts he said no that he's OK. Less Dan 3mins he came back with my PP and said I cld go. Thanked him and left. Was sent to declare my funds since I came in with over $10k. Took less Dan 15mins and I was told to go. Was not sent to agric even having declared foodstuffs
Thanks all...
Congrats on your successful POE. Will be using same doc and hospital. Waiting for your bill. Safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Njella: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
@foreverblessed... here.. Feb 2017.. nuella0007@gmail.com
foreverblessed:
Hello Mamas and Mama-to-be. I'm not so new (2014 Atl Mama), but have been on a long hiatus.

I've been playing catch up but still on thread 2!! It dawned on me that if I don't join the train now, the thread would move to thread 5... shocked shocked Weldone to all you kind people sharing experiences for people to learn from. Any February 2017 Atl mamas in the house?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrsO2: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Annim:
CBP. Why re u here
Me. I did
CBP. Do u ve d receipts
Me. Told him
Thanks all...

Hi @Annim,
I'm a December mum and intend to use same hospital as you, so looking forward to your post on bills.
Also, please would you be staying with family or rented apartment? I'm still in search of relatively cheap accommodation options, especially around the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by superdoll: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
TripleKMama:
To God be all glory!

Congrats dear.
Please which of der locations in abuja? Is it d area 11 skyebank? Did u have to open d savings acct? DH ws der on Friday and dey asked dt he returns on Tuesday because dey hv a lot of pending requests and dt he will also open a savings acct wt skye bank.
Kindly assist as my travel date is so close and I hv not made any headway with d's forex hustle.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by proteau: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Please where is this available in Lagos.

TripleKMama:
To God be all glory!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yes. Skye bank @ Gimbiya Str. Just at d corner. If u can carry ya belle go,better for u o. I also went on friday. Dey say make I com super early monday.
I didn't open any acct & u dont have to unless dey changed rules after I left dat Friday. Those Skye bank pipo are tricky. Dey will sneak & giv clients d Travelex acct number to make payment without travelex inspecting dem documents. Thinking it will force travelex to giv dem PTA but One travelex staff vex say she must refund dem Their money. It was a serious offense. So pls,make una follow due process. Be there by 8am wen dey open & dey display ur belle per second! sorry,it comes wit d pregnancy tag. grin

You can also apply for BTA ($5000) if u submit copy of CAC reg certificate of ur company. I did dat wit Access Bank but yet to hear from dem!
superdoll:

Congrats dear.
Please which of der locations in abuja? Is it d area 11 skyebank? Did u have to open d savings acct? DH ws der on Friday and dey asked dt he returns on Tuesday because dey hv a lot of pending requests and dt he will also open a savings acct wt skye bank.
Kindly assist as my travel date is so close and I hv not made any headway with d's forex hustle.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
lala4sure:

For the flight try Qatar and United its between 414-418k and it depends on your dates too. For the accommodation pls when is it ready and how much? will PM u too.
thanks lala4sure, please i wont mind if you know the website i can use because i have tried to book with united and quatar, the price i saw on united are so high like 600k and for quatar, its not opening.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
lala4sure:

i dont have any accomodation for now, am only asking if anyone has an accomodation to finding someone to share with at affordable price. Am going in by oct and december baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ulio:
. Tolulope oo. I keep refreshing this page hoping to c a reply, hope all is well.

ADOMMUM biko come to my rescue

Ulio.. please, send me an email: tolulope9009@yahoo.com.. seems I don't know how this pm thing works cos I'm not seeing any message..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by superdoll: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
TripleKMama:
Yes. Skye bank @ Gimbiya Str. Just at d corner. If u can carry ya belle go,better for u o. I also went on friday. Dey say make I com super early monday.

Thank you so much. I will be der tmoro morning.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
geojay:
thanks lala4sure, please i wont mind if you know the website i can use because i have tried to book with united and quatar, the price i saw on united are so high like 600k and for quatar, its not opening.

Try and book on Qatar with your laptop. Sometimes, your mobile device isn't compatible with their website and you'll get better results if you do so from a laptop!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yes pls try wit iPad or laptop. I've always searched on United.com &never saw very High quotes. Only problem is u need to pay wit dollar enabled card. I don't know wot u'll be charged if u use naija card.
Dwebb55:

Try and book on Qatar with your laptop. Sometimes, your mobile device isn't compatible with their website and you'll get better results if you do so from a laptop!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Congrats sister, God bless your LO.

Colouredgirl:
To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived midnite on sunday sept 18,at about 1:14am.God made it easy,normal delivery,John H
stroger hosp cook county,Chicago ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
@ MrsO2
I'm staying with a friend. Try airbnb you might get something relatively cheap..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mom2015: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
My apologies @ladyay for the delayed response. I will send u a message soon. I hope u still rmbr that I am a feb mom.

@colouredgirl, congrats on the arrival of your LO. He/she shall be a continual source of joy to ur family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
mimibe:
send a mail to doctor oduro, woduro@msn.com

Tanks dear mimbe, God bless u real good

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Njella:
@foreverblessed... here.. Feb 2017.. nuella0007@gmail.com

Yes ooooo February 10th 2017, hello Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=adluv post=49506043][/quote]

what dates are you looking at?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Dwebb55:

ohh okk, maybe that is the issue, thanks so much, Dwebb55 i will try with laptop or ipad then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.