Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899396 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2016
Amother4life:

Thanks for the information but there was simply no option on the POS terminal in krogers to run the useless transaction as credit or debit. It just showed hit the continue button and then enter pin. Pin approved and the lady looked up at me and whispered the magic words...it won't let me process it. I had to pull out my card and leave because of the queue behind me.I simply can't be pulling out $120 everyday and paying $3 atm fee and #240 standbicibtc fee. It's sad that we have been reduced to this level. Was yours approved as credit in Walmart or Sams club? I may try those instead.

Yeah it worked.

I also noticed that some days I couldn't exceed a certain limit and later realised it's cos of the daily limits on the card ( for example if I go out with uber and already get charged once or twice for maybe a total of ($20). Then at the POS any transaction higher than 310 would fail. I just remove things and bone face cos the embarrassment no be here.The timing also matters, so you also have to space the days on which you use the card.

Pele oh. I had to start using my gtb too ( they charge about $299 to $1)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2016
A mother4life

Spoke to a friend just now and got this email.
Cardswa@stanbicibtc.com. let me know d outcome. Is ur card debit or credit?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hi, did you ask for a discount?
Another mom used him and quoted 2000$..
Please confirm that the prices are discounted.
chima1ng:
Good morning house, please this estimate I got from Dr akoda and he asked we come at 32 weeks. Mama's in the house that has used him please is this what you paid? Cos the prices look high can someone help me on this prices for VD

PHYSICIAN'S FEES,LABS,CULTURES, ANC/PNC AND VAGINAL DELIVERY =$3,500.00

Hospital fees for Vaginal delivery= $6,500-$7,000.00 For Mother and Baby.

Pediatrician $100.00.

Neonatologist only if C/Section or if complicated.

FOR C/SECTION = 8,000.00-$9000.00 for Mom/Baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
adycatus:

I travelled with both powdered milk and liquid peak milk and it wasn't seized and I went thru d almighty chicago poe. For pap, I carried it frozen.

Hello Ma'am, how did you carry the frozen pap? Did you put it in a plastic ? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
A mother4life

Spoke to a friend just now and got this email.
Cardswa@stanbicibtc.com. let me know d outcome. Is ur card debit or credit?

Thanks for the information. My card is debit.
I will go ahead and send an email to the email you provided and hope for a better outcome. The other annoying aspect is that the clowns are treating a transaction based on Naija time which practically adds an extra day to every transaction. It's really frustrating!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
bigfido:

Kroger is probably not charging your card for money order as pos transaction but as atm withdrawals. I had the same issue while I was there with atm withdrawals. Some days, I noticed I could only withdraw 120 and others, I get lucky to do the whole 140. 150 won't work because the machines only dispense in 20's. Try Fiesta Mart for the money order. I am 100% sure they charge your card as Pos transaction for money order which means you can do $350 but you will be charged an additional $1 for the transaction so have cash in hand ready for that. If its not working, just move your money to gtb since their prices are almost the same now.
I think that must be the case because if the card was the issue I shouldn't be able to withdraw from an atm. I'll still go ahead and send an email to card services just incase they have a different opinion. I'll surely be stopping by Fiesta to try it out. Thanks for the information I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
If you want to open an account with wellsfargo they are giving $100. Here's the link

https://bonusoffer.wf.com/GET100

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jossy404: 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
Please mama and papa that has account in US, what are the requirements for opening account with Bank of America?

This forex issue is taking its toll on somebody oo!!!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
jossy404:
Please mama and papa that has account in US, what are the requirements for opening account with Bank of America?

Thanks

Your international passport and a government issued ID card showing your Nigerian address.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
jossy404:

Thanks

You only require your ID. The you provide your address and phone number that's all I used and it's opened and u are given a temporary card after a week the mean card with your name will arrive in the post.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
Amother4life:

Thanks for the information but there was simply no option on the POS terminal in krogers to run the useless transaction as credit or debit. It just showed hit the continue button and then enter pin. Pin approved and the lady looked up at me and whispered the magic words...it won't let me process it. I had to pull out my card and leave because of the queue behind me.I simply can't be pulling out $120 everyday and paying $3 atm fee and #240 standbicibtc fee. It's sad that we have been reduced to this level. Was yours approved as credit in Walmart or Sams club? I may try those instead.
I also use a Stanbic atm.call your bank and they will lift the restriction. It also happened to me initially but after d call.I use my card freely now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
Zeezahbee I see you passing by, long time!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
simababe:
@shitapuns n @greatie
I just woke up now after dreaming tha I got 4000 from firstbank and going through jfk poe with no ish. This is crazy.
@all, am I the only one dreaming about this things. Hope I won't high bp before august this thing is actually turning me into somethin else.

My sister, not only you oh! I dreamt I forgot everything not even Accomodation address. Na so I reach POE they tell them say I forget. I just wake up dey pray! Scary something

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Querylady24:

My sister, not only you oh! I dreamt I forgot everything not even Accomodation address. Na so I reach POE they tell them say I forget. I just wake up dey pray! Scary something
Lool! No kee me o. Which kain fear follow u enter dream? U tiff the visa? Stop fearing jor!
Which poe are u using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Yetiscomamareli:

Hello Ma'am, how did you carry the frozen pap? Did you put it in a plastic ? Thank you

You can put it in a ziploc bag.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
bigfido:
Standard Chartered atm cards have started working again, its 275/$

Una suppose dey pay man for all these info o.. good luck to every one.

Bigfido for Plesident!! tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hello house,

Greetings to everyone, pls for my mum's visa interview, does she need a cover letter or something from me to go along with other documents? Am already here as in the states and want her to come join me. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
Lol! I can relate to this, before I travelled, I dreamt I forgot all my burden of proof and travelled to face Cbp officer empty handed! I just wake, carry all my documents put inside my hand luggage immediately! I check am reach 5 times on the day of my travel!

quote author=LadyGuinivere post=45184305]
Lool! No kee me o. Which kain fear follow u enter dream? U tiff the visa? Stop fearing jor!
Which poe are u using?[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
modath:

Bigfido for Plesident!! tongue
Hian! Is Mo on the shekp this afternoon? After declaring LadyG for presido not soon ago now u haff dash it to bigfido? grin
Mo needs to take time o! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
Querylady24, dnt worry it's well with us.

@all, pls I'm buying my ticket on Tuesday at etihad's office but I read that the poe is first at abu dhabi den jfk wch is my final destination. Is it adviseable I stick with etihad or migrate to emirates cos i no get liver oooo.

2. Since i'll b goin to houston for childbirth but will first stay with my brother in NY for a week, do I have to display my houston ticket then at the POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
ekpotek:

Sure I have checked Airbnb. But would like to hear from mamas in the house that have used NY. Thanks

I ran away from NY cos the price they were quoting for Cs is somty else. Which hospital are you goin to use in NY.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bigfido: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hian! Is Mo on the shekp this afternoon? After declaring LadyG for presido not soon ago now u haff dash it to bigfido? grin

Looooool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

No nah, you are pResident , Bigfido is PLesident grin ... a kant com and collect ma roze modul crown nah.. na you biko. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
simababe:

@all, pls I'm buying my ticket on Tuesday at etihad's office but I read that the poe is first at abu dhabi den jfk wch is my final destination. Is it adviseable I stick with etihad or migrate to emirates cos i no get liver oooo.

2. Since i'll b goin to houston for childbirth but will first stay with my brother in NY for a week, do I have to display my houston ticket then at the POE

I can authoritatively tell you that the only POE is Abu dhabi. In JFK you would arrive at the local terminal where you just pick up your bag and either go into town or continue your flight.

2. No you do not need to display your Houston ticket. I bought my connecting flight ticket on orbitz so did not get the tickets until I was at jfk.

Unfortunately na the check in counter in lagos that would be asking you plenty plenty questions. They would ask why you are going and where you would be staying.

BTW, im using Etihad as well but I never buy tickets
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
@sugah. Abeg go get your ticket or how or how do u want to apply for pta. Whn do u plan on leaving 9ja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ekpotek: 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
simababe:

I ran away from NY cos the price they were quoting for Cs is somty else. Which hospital are you goin to use in NY.

Plan to use New York methodist hospital Brooklyn, NY.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
Amother4life:

Thanks for the information. My card is debit.
I will go ahead and send an email to the email you provided and hope for a better outcome. The other annoying aspect is that the clowns are treating a transaction based on Naija time which practically adds an extra day to every transaction. It's really frustrating!

But it's a Naija card nah so they must treat it with Naija time

You need to time your spending well
I used to always pay some mins to 5pm Houston time, almost midnight Naija time

Then I continue shopping and pay afterwards cuz the limits would have reset at past five which was past midnight Naija time

That way I killed two birds with one stone

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2016
simababe:
@sugah. Abeg go get your ticket or how or how do u want to apply for pta. Whn do u plan on leaving 9ja.

That pta is giving me sleepless nights but dh has made up his mind he is buying black market.

End of june or early july......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
sugah:

I can authoritatively tell you that the only POE is Abu dhabi. In JFK you would arrive at the local terminal where you just pick up your bag and either go into town or continue your flight.

2. No you do not need to display your Houston ticket. I bought my connecting flight ticket on orbitz so did not get the tickets until I was at jfk.

Unfortunately na the check in counter in lagos that would be asking you plenty plenty questions. They would ask why you are going and where you would be staying.

BTW, im using Etihad as well but I never buy tickets
what if the CBP officer asks her to display her Houston ticket since she has made plans to birth in Houston?
My point is you can't judge your own entry clearance with someone else's, what if she meets someone that wakes up on the wrong side of the bed God forbid, jfk too can be mean once in a while, I prefer to be over prepared than under prepared though.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
simababe:
Querylady24, dnt worry it's well with us.

etihad and their long long flights, I prefer emirates to them sha, have you compared prices of other airlines since you want to stop by NY for one week first. Keep checking for prices of those other airlines everyday you just might find one that is affordable like Etihad, that their Abu Dhabi poe too isn't usually so friendly according to reports here but at least they are not as lipsrsealed as Chicago & Houston cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Imo007: 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2016
Bisoye82:

Have you checked via airbnb.com.

If you want to use airbnb, ensure you tell your host you are pregnant and will have a baby at the latter end of your stay. I used airbnb on my first missionary journey and they host midstay started saying how she doesn't like children in her apartment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mummies in the house, I v a 2 bedroom reserved in Elpaso. July bound mums going to Elpaso shld pls pm me(would love to have a room mate). Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.