Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899485 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:35am On May 01, 2016
Omodadi2:

Pls avoid Abudhabi poe if you can.They get craze for head especially at their agriculture except you arnt bringing food stuffs. This is a poe where indomie onions was seized and 4 litres of palm oil was not. My 2 cents!

Please explain something to me. When you get to Abu dhabi POE, your bags are already checked in from Lagos for JFK or Chicago. How do you get sent to Agriculture? Do they bring out bags containing food stuff and ask the owners to proceed to Agric?
I know for Atlanta, you pick up your bag at POE and re-checkin for connecting flights but I did not see my bag until I got to JFK when I went through Abu dhabi.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 4:56am On May 01, 2016
ucystan:
Hmmm.... so funny how I check dis thread every 2mins hoping someone will say something good abt PTA in PH, but no show... chaii... it's well

Y do I bank with d two most useless banks!! Diamond and Zenith, none can even help my situation. Mshweeee... They don't even sell let alone queuing up for any possibility. Mshweeee...

Sorry pple, I know i m just ranting on here, but I just needed to rant it all out!

Zenith gives pta from head office and Maitama branch only but u have to queue on time and like I said earlier Look for a high rank officer from your branch to follow up.big banks have a lot of high profile customers and the pressure is much.when they agree to give, u won't get up to 2000usd

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:40am On May 01, 2016
Hapi workers day to us all.

@omodadi2, tnks.
Will try to convince dh. Mite try emirates then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iphie26: 8:02am On May 01, 2016
passionantchica:
Hi Iphie26.
Please can you give me a working contact for Valisia? The number I got off the internet isn't going through.

Thanks and hope you're doing well.

+14042503660

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 8:52am On May 01, 2016
They unload all bags and scan before loading into the connecting plane. so if there's anything they feel they need to check they will set such bag aside for further checks. when I travelled through Abu dhabi, the cbp officer showed me my bag on the monitor and asked if it was mine and if I had any foodstuff in it. I guess if your answer is yes you might get sent to agriculture. But cos I said no he stamped me in and I left. didn't see my bag till jfk except on the cbp monitor. I later found out though that they broke off my padlock and searched my bag. They left a card in it stating the section in their immigration laws which allow them to do so.
sugah:

Please explain something to me. When you get to Abu dhabi POE, your bags are already checked in from Lagos for JFK or Chicago. How do you get sent to Agriculture? Do they bring out bags containing food stuff and ask the owners to proceed to Agric?
I know for Atlanta, you pick up your bag at POE and re-checkin for connecting flights but I did not see my bag until I got to JFK when I went through Abu dhabi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 9:05am On May 01, 2016
Poking bags sinc 1402#abudhabi'spoe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 9:27am On May 01, 2016
Lmao! Dis Omodadi sef ...why u dey scare simababe? cheesy

Omodadi2:

Pls avoid Abudhabi poe if you can.They get craze for head especially at their agriculture except you arnt bringing food stuffs. This is a poe where indomie onions was seized and 4 litres of palm oil was not. My 2 cents!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 9:34am On May 01, 2016
See ehn... Whether to chicago or JFK ...u r going to be stamped in from Abu Dhabi cos Abu Dhabi is one of the airports outside yankee that offers CPB facility,So once u reach chicago or JFK, u will just pick ur bags and that's it. No secondary inspection again whatsoever

And Yes ,ur bags will be scanned once u get to Abu Dhabi to connect to JFk or Chicago.

I prefer Emirates thou.

sugah:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 10:05am On May 01, 2016
@biollar, no be the poe scare me pass but th PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 11:14am On May 01, 2016
Biollar1, temmyo torr.

Anyways maybe discouraging people to go through Abu dhabi is to my advantage sef, make people no go corrupt the CBP's for me.

If I have to go all the way to the middle east to connect a US flight, then it has to have an advantage. And doing my POE clearance half way into my journey is one hell of an advantage.

Worse case I no go carry noodles from naija, Ramen noodles is bloody cheap there.

Simababe, they search your bag anywhere.... Infact all the times iv left the US i always see that search card in my bags cos I usually buy household items.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:22am On May 01, 2016
sugah:

If I tell you my mum wasn't asked to show any docs now person go jump out of nowhere to shine.

Let her go with cover letter even your wedding pictures and birth certificate too. 'Its better to be over prepared than under prepared "
undecided undecided undecided
Really did you have to say that?
You were advising someone to show up at POE without evidence of her connection flights, what if she is asked? And you expect someone who saw the error not to correct you lipsrsealed
However the case might be you are the actual person jumping out of nowhere to come and shine on here, because your advises are really

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 12:37pm On May 01, 2016
Ignored.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 12:53pm On May 01, 2016
Hello mum please can you give me the hostipal and doctors fee for northside hospital.

Will appreciate your swift response.

cutie333:
@ ify4charm for northside hospital atlanta
epidural 1300 for viginal delivery, for planned c-section its 1500 but both has a 20% discount.
enjoy your day everyone

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 12:59pm On May 01, 2016
Hello mama please can i get the bills for northside hospital bith hospital and doctor fees for C session.

Please i await your swift reaponse..

happytbaby:
People need to be smart about certain things. And seriously I don't know why people will see things here and still buy ticket to Houston or Chicago, even if you have bought it the money to change the ticket will not kill us o. I am happy for the people that have shared graceful POE stories from these two places but I think its better not to tempt fate. Abeg fly to JFK biko even if na Arik you go fly and then find your way to anywhere you wan go in the country.

Below is a list of the things i carried on my first missionary journey (am not sure if i will remember everything) to serve as guidance for the kind of preparation we need to make so that people will not laugh at us and say 'who send her to go born for america before? People no dey born here?'

1. 9k plus usd
2. Letter of approval for my maternity leave showing that I would be paid during the leave and I had a job to go back to.
3. Letter of employment showing how much I earned
4. Statement of my earnings written by our HR
5. Statement of my husband's earnings from his HR
6. Fixed deposit certification showing a few millions of savings
7. Statement from my salary account showing funds available to be drawn with my card. I had highlighted all payments from my employer (same thing i do when applying for visa)
8. Letter of intention to deliver in the US with the generic response ( i did dropbox renewal)
9.Letter from a hospital in atlanta. Even though i ported in Phoenix, MIHS no dey give letter and i could not be talking stories. Since i was still going to atlanta anyway, i filled my family members' address in Atl. I am not encouraging anyone to be dishonest but wisdom is profitable to direct. You cannot go to POE without some form of evidence as to how much the delivery will cost.

In addition, It will be beneficial to make an articulate budget and hold. Also, we should be articulate about where the money to fund the budget will come from.

The list above is not by any means exhaustive. It depends on individual circumstances.

Goodluck to all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:31pm On May 01, 2016
Lol

Tried unity, EcoBank, Fcmb and standard chartered?

Got mine from Ecobank and DH got from Unity on Friday but $2k

simababe:
@biollar, no be the poe scare me pass but th PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 1:32pm On May 01, 2016
Please what is Atlanta POE like.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:33pm On May 01, 2016
Lol...ur choice

But not just noodles, u better don't carry any foodstuff at all.

They literally seized all from my Couz last week.

Again...ur choice dear

sugah:
Biollar1, temmyo torr.

Anyways maybe discouraging people to go through Abu dhabi is to my advantage sef, make people no go corrupt the CBP's for me.

If I have to go all the way to the middle east to connect a US flight, then it has to have an advantage. And doing my POE clearance half way into my journey is one hell of an advantage.

Worse case I no go carry noodles from naija, Ramen noodles is bloody cheap there.

Simababe, they search your bag anywhere.... Infact all the times iv left the US i always see that search card in my bags cos I usually buy household items.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:35pm On May 01, 2016
Lmao! Don't mind sugah sugah..I just laughed when I saw that post of hers.

Awayu dear

When r u traveling?

chloe7:
undecided undecided undecided
Really did you have to say that?
You were advising someone to show up at POE without evidence of her connection flights, what if she is asked? And you expect someone who saw the error not to correct you lipsrsealed
However the case might be you are the actual person jumping out of nowhere to come and shine on here, because your advises are really
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 1:40pm On May 01, 2016
Mama's no vex @chloe @sugah. All na for the betterment of every1 here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:43pm On May 01, 2016
Hey

Scroll down to use the search button and type in Atlanta/ Atl POE/point of entry , it's bin overflogged dear and from what I heard and read it's not da bad.

luckyman23:
Please what is Atlanta POE like.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 1:45pm On May 01, 2016
biollar1:

Lol...ur choice

But not just noodles, u better don't carry any foodstuff at all.

They literally seized all from my Couz last week.

Again...ur choice dear

Siezed all the food at Abu dhabi? cry Na wa o.

Cindermum what kind of food stuff did you carry please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 01, 2016
biollar1:

Lmao! Don't mind sugah sugah..I just laughed when I saw that post of hers.

Awayu dear

When r u traveling?

my atawewe atawewe cheesy
I'm good, travelling ke, whey I just dey come come e never reach one month, i'm not planning to be pregnant again till next year sha wink abi 2018 sef cheesy so this visa of mine won't be for child birth at all at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 2:57pm On May 01, 2016
I think it depends on the officer you meet. She only showed us our bags on d screen and asked why we had an empty box in one of our boxes and I just said it's for shopping bck to nig. Then she asked us for the names of the foodstuff we had so I said (egusi, dry pepper and ogbono) and she said ok. Didn't bother going with noodles cos I read here that they seize it most times.

sugah:

Siezed all the food at Abu dhabi? cry Na wa o.

Cindermum what kind of food stuff did you carry please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:06pm On May 01, 2016
cindermum:

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 3:28pm On May 01, 2016
biollar1:
Lol

Tried unity, EcoBank, Fcmb and standard chartered?

Got mine from Ecobank and DH got from Unity on Friday but $2k

Thank Going to open the accts this week. Can I just walk into any branch or must it be head office.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 3:43pm On May 01, 2016
HEllo HOuse any Dallas mama staying at candelwood Hotel lets hook up we can go for shopping and gist am bored Biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:53pm On May 01, 2016
Sugah, Biola and Chloe. 3 of my besto abi 'role models' ! Mbok lerrus hug and join heads to find pta o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 4:06pm On May 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Sugah, Biola and Chloe. 3 of my besto abi 'role models' ! Mbok lerrus hug and join heads to find pta o!

Even join belle find this PTA ooo, the search continues eeeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:10pm On May 01, 2016
LadyG udo di. Im seriously searching for PTA and even making unholy alliances. God help me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 4:11pm On May 01, 2016
chikos:

Zenith gives pta from head office and Maitama branch only but u have to queue on time and like I said earlier Look for a high rank officer from your branch to follow up.big banks have a lot of high profile customers and the pressure is much.when they agree to give, u won't get up to 2000usd

I will follow up with my zenith!
2k is berra than none.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 4:20pm On May 01, 2016
simababe:

Thank Going to open the accts this week. Can I just walk into any branch or must it be head office.

Ecobank said your account must be 6month befor you can get pta.

Thats the answer i got last week cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere are you finding pta again ni? cheesy tongue infact I just pity people who are travelling and haven't gotten because I know the type of waka that I waka before I got in March and as the months go by the harder it gets to find pta and black market isn't looking beautiful to buy at all at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.