Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897944 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 6:11pm On May 12, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
It is my turn to share my testimony.

My LO was born yesterday 11th May 2016. Some of you would recall how my Dollars were stolen by my help before my trip. I was well prepared to follow it up and post everywhere about it but after my first doctors appointment here, the stolen money was irrelevant to me.

The doctor did a scan and said she found spots on my LO's heart that were indicative of either a hole in the heart or downs syndrome. I began to pray and believe God even though I was very shaken by the news.

Long story short, she arrived yesterday and is completely fine. She followed me straight from the OR to the postpartum recovery room. Join me praise the Lord. I'm one happy mumma.

To God alone be all the glory! Congratulations dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Labbycutie: 6:15pm On May 12, 2016
cutelass:
Guess I've rested enough. Here's my story. About 10 days before my travel date, swelling on my legs which had always been minimal increased so much. Even after raising the legs up at night, the moment my feet touches ground in the morning the swelling returns. 3 days before my travel, I used the home bp monitor to check my bp and it was ranging btw 140/80 and 145/85. I immediately drove to hospital. Nurse on duty checked with the manual bp monitor and another young dr checked and it was still high. They had to call my consultant. He ordered they check my urine for protein and nothing came up...he eventually came himself, checked the bp and said it was normal.

3 days later I travelled with Lufthansa on a united ticket at 34 weeks + some days. Requested for wheelchair and they said since I brought fit to fly I can't use wheel chair. I was shocked cos several pple here have used wheelchair. They agreed to book for my mum cos of her arthritis yet we didn't see any wheelchair neither at Frankfurt nor LAX. We flew to Frankfurt and had a 4 hrs layover b4 we flew to LAX. All the while, my mum was so worried about the swelling.

POE was a breeze.
Cbp: what are you here for?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: ok. How long are u here for?
Me: 2 months
Cbp: sorry, what did u say u are here for again?
Me: childbirth, delivery, to have my baby (lol...that's d type of confidence saying the truth at the embassy gives u)
Took our finger prints and stamps us in for 6 months.

We went to agriculture...the officer was busy shouting to the guy scanning the bags...Nigeria, Nigeria, lol...our bags were scanned but we weren't asked to open it.

When we got to my aunty's house...the legs had tripled in size and she insisted I see the dr immediately ( my appt wasn't till another 4 days). We called his office and luckily he was still around...said they close at 5pm. It was already 4pm...so without eating or anything...they drove us to the dr office. My relations went in to greet him (they had known him for a long time) I had no idea, while I filled out the forms. When I saw the dr, my bp had shot up to 159/100. He told me point blank to head straight to the hospital as I had developed pre-eclampsia and baby had to be induced immediately. He said the financial dept would have closed for the day and they don't open weekends...so we had only the next day to pay and sign the contract...cos if I deliver without signing it...I would be left with a bill of over $40k. Got to the hospital and was admitted. Was placed on magnesium IV to prevent seizure...while they ran tests...the same ones I would have done with the doctor's office.

Next day my mum sorted the bills...while they brought the papers for me to fill...despite the induction starting Thursday night...i didn't deliver till almost mid day Saturday...cervix no gree dilate till...was almost heading to OR for c-section b4 LO came forth...I hadn't eaten in almost 48 hrs...day said no food, no water...was just allowed to chew ice...where the strength to push came from...I don't know.

The main testimony is that LO didn't need to go to NICU...was almost peeing in my pant when the thought of it came to my mind...cos of bills...she was just in the nursery...they did hearing test...checked for jaundice...was later discharged. LO is 3 weeks old currently.

Used st Francis medical center and dr. Mb---u. Hospital bill $2700 for vag. Delivery (includes paediatrician, epidural (the thing wore off towards the actual delivery). Stayed an extra day which cost $900 (covers both me and baby). Hospital gives free stroller. I've gotten zero balance.

Dr fees had always been 1500 and 2500 for vag and csection respectively. When I got here...saw it was now 1000 and 1300...was told the dr considered the current economic situation in Nigeria and decided to slash his self-pay fees. Hmmm...Angels still dey dis earth Shaa.

Since baby came early, wanted to shift my date but United wants an arm and a leg just to change date...I'm chilling (mum is here with me, hubby is coming, wonderful host...no need to run home)
I just joined nairaland and i have been reading a lot, this thread as given me hope again. I am 32weeks pregnant and am already in the U.S in my sister's place in California. Got in about 2weeks ago and i have been trying to get a very reasonable hospital, but everyone around here are asking for my arm and leg. Starting from 15,000 and above for the hospital bill and the OB. Been so worried, until i spoke to a friend who told me to go on nairaland and register, which i did and i thank God. I have been reading since then and came across a post from Cutelass saying she is also in California and her hospital bill and OB is less than 5000. Awwwwwwwww please i really need ur help, I stay in Vacaville, 7hrs away from St Francis hospital, please how do i get to contact you. So u can put me tru on what to do. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 6:25pm On May 12, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

My LO was born yesterday 11th May 2016. Some of you would recall how my Dollars were stolen by my help before my trip. I was well prepared to follow it up and post everywhere about it but after my first doctors appointment here, the stolen money was irrelevant to me.

The doctor did a scan and said she found spots on my LO's heart that were indicative of either a hole in the heart or downs syndrome. I began to pray and believe God even though I was very shaken by the news.

Long story short, she arrived yesterday and is completely fine. She followed me straight from the OR to the postpartum recovery room. Join me praise the Lord. I'm one happy mumma.

Congratulations!!! Your LO is indeed favored

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 6:29pm On May 12, 2016
Thank you so much,I mistook etihad for qatar
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 6:32pm On May 12, 2016
cindermum:
Hi, don't think they ve US boarder preclearance in Doha... you can look it up here

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/operations/preclearance

@ cinder mum, thanks a bunch. Didn't know it's was etihad.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:39pm On May 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ah ah babe! Isn't that too far? grin

@Nef I de look u with corner eye. 2018 ke. Na me and u de go the VA area o. With rughair disease everywre spacing no de reign again o!

Ah, my sister. No wait me o! Am driving in the service lane. When I remember 17 months pregnancy, I cringe inward. I want my body to rest as my twin sons are gearing up for a comeback! Twin belle no easy o! Hummnn. I fit follow you on omugwo levels sha.

Me don't decide say na warri pidgin I wan de blow on ds thread cos of these tafia CBP. If una no understand my grammar na to pm me for translation be that. Cunny man die cunny man bury am. Abi how una check am?

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:44pm On May 12, 2016
chloe7:
far for where, cheesy if possible 2019 sef so I can have peace I don't think I can cope without the spacing make I no go run mad, I salute moms that have babies within 2 years and one and half, they are really super mom's.
As for Trump I don enter mountain on top the matter for prayer he must not enter o, because I can't even imagine what will become of birth tourism if he enters, e mean say Na to dey enter ship go America go born be that, lool grin

Even if we born inside d ship as long as we de on top us territorial waters. D blue pali is sure. Trium abi ki lo tun pe de learn work for where we de. We are not called fantastically corrupt for nothing.

So wait o! All ds my months of research looking for cheap package don't enter voicmail? Make these people do well o!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nkc(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Congratulations..!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 7:13pm On May 12, 2016
@TheLeakyTribe Congratulations ooo.God be praise smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 7:14pm On May 12, 2016
Labbycutie:
I just joined nairaland and i have been reading a lot, this thread as given me hope again. I am 32weeks pregnant and am already in the U.S in my sister's place in California. Got in about 2weeks ago and i have been trying to get a very reasonable hospital, but everyone around here are asking for my arm and leg. Starting from 15,000 and above for the hospital bill and the OB. Been so worried, until i spoke to a friend who told me to go on nairaland and register, which i did and i thank God. I have been reading since then and came across a post from Cutelass saying she is also in California and her hospital bill and OB is less than 5000. Awwwwwwwww please i really need ur help, I stay in Vacaville, 7hrs away from St Francis hospital, please how do i get to contact you. So u can put me tru on what to do. Thank u
7hrs mbok shocked
What information do you need?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 7:18pm On May 12, 2016
Labbycutie:

Hi, she may be busy with her baby and may not read ur post on time. Seeing that you are 32 weeks gone already, why not contact the Dr and Hospital, register and book an appointment with them. You should then check for accommodation to rent around there for a few weeks till you give birth and travel back to ur sister's place after giving birth.

PS: check bisoye82 's post for accommodation details.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 7:20pm On May 12, 2016
Good day my ppl....please need your urgent response. Please do US embassy have limit for pregnant mum to apply for visa ? Was told u can't apply after 6 months ..please anyone wt recent info if I can apply@ 6monthsand some weeks ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:32pm On May 12, 2016
No limit.

joanazubu:
Good day my ppl....please need your urgent response. Please do US embassy have limit for pregnant mum to apply for visa ? Was told u can't apply after 6 months ..please anyone wt recent info if I can apply@ 6monthsand some weeks ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CNOROYALCLAN: 7:35pm On May 12, 2016
God alone be praised. Big congrats LeakyTribe.
TheLeakyTribe:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:37pm On May 12, 2016
successguide505:
Hello my people, kindly help me with this question.

I will be attending a visa interview, with our little boy, to join wife in the US for her delivery.
Would I be required to have a consent letter (with respect to the little boy) from my wife considering that she will not be present during the interview?

Thank you.
She's already in the US?
No. Just take along proof that you are his father
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:42pm On May 12, 2016
Leakytribe, congrats dear. May it be sound of goodnews in your home IJN.

@all, has any mama evr bn givn rhogan in the USA before and were you charged seperately for it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

Ah, my sister. No wait me o! Am driving in the service lane. When I remember 17 months pregnancy, I cringe inward. I want my body to rest as my twin sons are gearing up for a comeback! Twin belle no easy o! Hummnn. I fit follow you on omugwo levels sha.

Me don't decide say na warri pidgin I wan de blow on ds thread cos of these tafia CBP. If una no understand my grammar na to pm me for translation be that. Cunny man die cunny man bury am. Abi how una check am?
I gbadu this plan o! But all d cbp dem be like them get kiri kiri winch cos dem de understand waffi o.
For that their thread, the vo de chop pidin werr well o! Mae we no come yarn about those unfortunate migrant cbp wen na visa lottery dem papa take enter come de form americana de look for who to use shine.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

I gbadu this plan o! But all d cbp dem be like them get kiri kiri winch cos dem de understand waffi o.
For that their thread, the vo de chop pidin werr well o! Mae we no come yarn about those unfortunate migrant cbp wen na visa lottery dem papa take enter come de form americana de look for who to use shine.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:49pm On May 12, 2016
simababe:
Leakytribe, congrats dear. May it be sound of goodnews in your home IJN.

@all, has any mama evr bn givn rhogan in the USA before and were you charged seperately for it.

I got it with my first and this baby as well. Not sure about any charges as I didnt get with my first.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:51pm On May 12, 2016
Thank you so much everyone. Wish I could mention all your names.

We will all celebrate the births of your babies as you have celebrated mine today. Praises to God.

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:11pm On May 12, 2016
Lajoie33:

started research and ended up in this fountain of knowledge and goodness. I have directed all my friends here to come, learn and be blessed.

Wao! I can imagine the trauma!

Thank God for knowledge now.

Take time and go thru thread 1-3. A Lot of valuable info are embedded there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 8:20pm On May 12, 2016
[Thank you. So even at 7 mnths they give visa?quote author=happytbaby post=45562548]
No limit.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 8:41pm On May 12, 2016
MrYagi:
Morning everyone, please can someone recommend a good and pocket friendly paediatrician around KATY Houston Texas?

someone should please help me with the quote above

Anyone going to Houston this weekend willing to help me transport notarized consent form for baby pport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:49pm On May 12, 2016
@leakytribe, my case dey baba God hands ooo. I wasn't given during first delivery here in 9ja cos blood group was showing AB+ only for me to do another test during this pregy n my obgyn said it's AB-. I've done the test like 6times n it's still -ve so I'm really concerned cos my doc isn't sure if I was given during the last delivery. So since I'm planin on delivering in us that's y I want to knw if they do charge for it separately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abefeokin(f): 9:02pm On May 12, 2016
Leakytribe, I thank God for you and also happy for you. @all expecting mommas may u not share stories that touch the heart after all the stress of dollars,interview, travelling and all(amen)

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

na naija person dem go still use turn the pidgin to English, na so dem dey do because on a normal day dem no suppose understand pidgin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:09pm On May 12, 2016
MrYagi:

someone should please help me with the quote above

Anyone going to Houston this weekend willing to help me transport notarized consent form for baby pport?

Use DHL or UPS to send your document.

Google 'Paediatricians in Katy', call their offices and give them a try

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 9:14pm On May 12, 2016
joanazubu:
[Thank you. So even at 7 mnths they give visa?quote author=happytbaby post=45562548]
No limit.

Yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 9:40pm On May 12, 2016
joanazubu:

I applied at 33wks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Adiahabasi: 9:47pm On May 12, 2016
simababe:
@leakytribe, my case dey baba God hands ooo. I wasn't given during first delivery here in 9ja cos blood group was showing AB+ only for me to do another test during this pregy n my obgyn said it's AB-. I've done the test like 6times n it's still -ve so I'm really concerned cos my doc isn't sure if I was given during the last delivery. So since I'm planin on delivering in us that's y I want to knw if they do charge for it separately.
Depends on the hospital and the package you are on,if its not clearly spelt out as a part of the package,then you have to pay for it. You can ask when you contact the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 9:50pm On May 12, 2016
[quote author=Lajoie33 post=45560081]

Fast forward to when I was in labor, labor was HARD, to make it worse, the midwife made me push for two hours without success. My cervix started swelling, the woman then made the decision to send us to a hospital (a highbrow one at that!) When we got the hospital, Nurse checks me and says "Oh you're 8 cm dilated" I swear if That midwife was there,dilated. ad have pulled her hair! I pushed for 2 WHOLE HOURS and I wasn't fully dilated.

That was a terrible experience. The midwife must be either incompetent , inexperienced or both. I gave birth to my first baby at 6cm dilated though the baby weight 2.8. I have my second and third @ 8cm. Both weighed 3.8kg. And she was constantly checking if u had dilated that why ur cervix swell up. Let thank God u and ur lo are safe.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 9:59pm On May 12, 2016
Varvara:

You are not right. She delivered in 2014 and in those year MIHS used another text in there maternity package. It was like that

"...This Plan is not limited to Maricopa County residents, and does not have any income requirements.

Eligibility Requirements: The mother must agree to deliver her baby at Maricopa Medical Center (MMC) and sign a Maternity Package Plan Agreement. This Agreement is not for patients with health insurance for maternity care or for patients that are enrolled in AHCCCS."

If you actually took the time to read my post I was very clear . I said if the form I had posted was the contract she had signed then she wasn't qualified. I never made any blatant assumption that what I had posted was applicable to her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.