Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900190 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nenya(f): 11:03am On May 13, 2016
mamamj:
Good morning all,
Please am travelling in 2weeks with emirate to Dallas
Does anyone have any info about emirate flight for a pregnant woman?
Has anyone used Dallas POE?
Can anyone please help with hospital in Dallas?

Google emirates pregancy, infants and children travel policy.
Or
go straight to this page
http:/www.kidsonaplane.com/emirates-flying-with-kids-policy/.

You will find headings such as
Expectant mothers
Infants (under 2years)
Baggage allowance
Child age (2-12yrs)
Strollers, child restraints devices
Special servcies

Then you can click and read.

On the expectant mom you will see the requirements, git to travel as well as formats for letters.

I hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by vcole: 11:03am On May 13, 2016
i sha just hang mouth open when i read your story oh. your baby na survivor oh. hmmmmm......No shade @birthing centres but for me oh i have always maintained that i will not carry myself from 9ja to obodoyibo to go and use birthing centre oh. no way, my doctor must have FACOG status oh. mbok!
Lajoie33:

My dear, this baby was 4kg and na my first time. I didnt know that I could encounter quacks in oyinbo land nah. Now my eye don clear. Anyboy touching me na so I go google am till I know all the sanctions or malpractice suits e don get. I cant shout

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 11:15am On May 13, 2016
nenya:

Google emirates pregancy, infants and children travel policy.
Or
go straight to this page
http:/www.kidsonaplane.com/emirates-flying-with-kids-policy/.

You will find headings such as
Expectant mothers
Infants (under 2years)
Baggage allowance
Child age (2-12yrs)
Strollers, child restraints devices
Special servcies

Then you can click and read.

On the expectant mom you will see the requirements, git to travel as well as formats for letters.

I hope this helps

It really did help

Thanks darlyn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:16am On May 13, 2016
Lajoie33:

Give this lady a pot of nkwobi!

You are in the spirit jolly good fellow kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:16am On May 13, 2016
Thank you for this. Cant tell u how this has helped me, being so scared for some days now.

feddy27:

Point of correction, he does not like to induce. I used him and I give him 5 stars!

Now the thing is this, as a FTM be open minded about decisions and trust your healthcare provider.

We had a discussion and he asked if he should help me peradventure I get to 39 wks and labor has not started. I gladly said yes because truth is you have not given birth before! I was also a first time mum and I chose to trust his expertise. also, i wanted him to take my delivery and the only way I could guarantee that was either by being induced or opting for CS. I silently prayed for labor not be start until 39 weeks and I strolled to the hospital and the process started. That birthing experience was one of the best in my life! he managed the entire process so well that my granma was very impressed!!! She still talks about it till date...lol. I'm sure the reason he suggests induction is because as a first time mum, tension starts brewing after 40wks and labor is no where. Like they always say too, labor takes time for FTM. so to prevent that anxiety and getting baby distressed, get it down at the right time.

I bet you, you will come back to testify.
Word of caution: If you accept the induction, take epidural so that your labor will progress smoothly without aches and pains. Also keep your mind at rest. Load your phone or wateva device with music and videos. Lounge all thru and wen its time, bring forth your baby.

You are a first time mum! trust your doctor *hugs*

<speaking from my own experience>

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 11:24am On May 13, 2016
Ehhmm, mamas in da house heading to California, got a 2 room accommodation and the available date no favour me o. Anyone with another option Biko pm me for flat mate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:29am On May 13, 2016
favouredmum:

@Feddy27, I don't totally agree with you. As a FTM, I tink its best one waits till at least 40wiks b4 induction can take place cos I want to believe the chances of its success is higher from 40wiks (I might be wrong dou). I used Dr. E and she told me categorically at 40wiks dat she won't induce me because my cervix wasn't ready and that as a FTM, it was expected. However, I am glad she didn't because I went into labour on my own at 40wiks and 4 days and we found out my baby was in a posterior position. If I had insisted on induction and taken epidural immediately the process started, that wouldn't have been noticed on time.

I totally get u. The side effect of the process is my concern. For the mama that when thru it but wasnt successful even though baby was big enough was very risky.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:41am On May 13, 2016
Nice...
It will end in praise.
Thank you for taking out time to do this.

feddy27:

Thanks dearie for this explanation kiss

Greatie,

I chose induction for the following reasons:

1. I wanted him to take the delivery. I didn't want one random doctor I have never had a chat with before...lol
2. I didn't want anxiety to set in as i was already getting tired of being pregnant...lol. heaviness, no confortable sleepin position, heartburns etc
3. Coincidentally, it fell on my mummy's birthday and as an only child, I felt that would be a wonderful gift to her smiley
4. I had an uneventful pregnancy so there was no issues whatsoever all along the line
5. His VE was not painful like the nurse that started the process, I practically chased away the one on duty at night that was doing the cervix ripening! Her VE was damn painful, she had to call him that i was not co-operating...lol. He told dem to give me pain meds, I slept off and by morning wen i woke up, I saw him by my bedside grin. He was just gisting with me, broke my waters and i didn't feel any pain. Allowed me to progress on my own first and monitored my bp for some hours cos he said instant epidural can cause the bp to crash. I was given epidural from 3cm and that was wen the lounging started grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:41am On May 13, 2016
greatie:

I totally get u. The side effect of the process is my concern. For the mama that when thru it but wasnt successful even though baby was big enough was very risky.

pele, you are already panicing...lol

I can only speak for my own experience, i didn't have any side effects whatsoever.

Truth is child birth is not cast a stone, it may not go as planned all the time.

Even natural labour can end up with CS.

Have an open mind! The important thing is mother alive, baby alive!

The route of delivery is irrelevant to me.

again, have a discussion with him on all options, make your research and take an informed decision

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:42am On May 13, 2016
greatie:
Thank you for this. Cant tell u how this has helped me, being so scared for some days now.

Fear not *big hugs*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 11:50am On May 13, 2016
mamamj:

Thanks Dear,
Am staying with my sis in Nadar Grand pairie
Please can i contact you?

U can follow me and pm me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 11:55am On May 13, 2016
Pls is it adviseable for us to carry our child for the interview even though she will not be travelling with us, only hubby and I are going by His grace.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 12:02pm On May 13, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Ehhmm, mamas in da house heading to California, got a 2 room accommodation and the available date no favour me o. Anyone with another option Biko pm me for flat mate.

When are you leaving for california. The stay duration.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 12:06pm On May 13, 2016
Feddy27, I love the mumsy birthday mate thingy. It's so lovely. I wish I can give my boy a birthday mate but doc said i'll be 36weeks by then n it's too early. It would av bn lovely

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 12:16pm On May 13, 2016
Good afternoon, my ppl. Pls has anyone used Sierra Providence Hospital via Docotres parati b4? What was their services like? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MetroTee: 12:32pm On May 13, 2016
feddy27:

Point of correction, he does not like to induce. I used him and I give him 5 stars!

Now the thing is this, as a FTM be open minded about decisions and trust your healthcare provider.

I bet you, you will come back to testify.

You are a first time mum! trust your doctor *hugs*

<speaking from my own experience>

I don't get this. Why not allow your body progress naturally? I believe one should only be induced if you are past your due date or if baby is too big or distressed. Forcing your body to do what it's not ready for is not worth it IMO. These days it appears induction is now for convenience purposes :/

I'm happy you had a pleasant experience tho. I was one week past my due date and doctor suggested induction. Fortunately, I went into labour naturally just before induction started and I'm very pleased I chose to wait that extra week. To each his own

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:49pm On May 13, 2016
MetroTee:

I don't get this. Why not allow your body progress naturally? I believe one should only be induced if you are past your due date or if baby is too big or distressed. Forcing your body to do what it's not ready for is not worth it IMO. These days it appears induction is now for convenience purposes :/

I'm happy you had a pleasant experience tho. I was one week past my due date and doctor suggested induction. Fortunately, I went into labour naturally just before induction started and I'm very pleased I chose to wait that extra week. To each his own

Abi o.

me sha, i was already getting tired. didn't have the patience to wait. so wen the option was discussed, i embraced it wit both arms grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:50pm On May 13, 2016
simababe:
Feddy27, I love the mumsy birthday mate thingy. It's so lovely. I wish I can give my boy a birthday mate but doc said i'll be 36weeks by then n it's too early. It would av bn lovely

don't worry, next baby will fall in place for you smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zeejam: 1:53pm On May 13, 2016
Hello dear Mums and Mums to be. please. i need information about birthing in wisconsin or chicago, the Costs, etc. Can't seem to find any information on chicago and wisconsin. I got my visa yesterday B1/B2, we only filled that we are going on vacation. The interviewer only ask us where we work n if we have travelled before. She didn't check doc and that was all. I intend going next month. Do I send doc to the embassy to declare my intention or I should just say am on vacation n to have my baby at the airport. Pls it's urgent help a sister.

Big thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 2:23pm On May 13, 2016
@simababe,

End of June till September
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:39pm On May 13, 2016
zeejam:

Hello dear Mums and Mums to be. please. i need information about birthing in wisconsin or chicago, the Costs, etc. Can't seem to find any information on chicago and wisconsin. I got my visa yesterday B1/B2, we only filled that we are going on vacation. The interviewer only ask us where we work n if we have travelled before. She didn't check doc and that was all. I intend going next month. Do I send doc to the embassy to declare my intention or I should just say am on vacation n to have my baby at the airport. Pls it's urgent help a sister.

Big thanks.
You dey oyo state and on a looong thing.
You had the intention to birth in the US.
U refused to research.
U misrepresented.
Now you want us to aid u in your misrepresentation.
What do u want to notify the embassy about? That u lied abi what? U actually are asking us whether u should further lie at the poe? Sorry ma. That is not the essence of this thread. We strive to help HONEST folks and not thoose that destroy our intergrity. U mustav had a plan when u decided to go down the rabbit hole. Well follow your plan.
Azzin! U actually want to be spoonfed with hospitals and costs? Ok ma. Please wait.
#nochillsforfraudesters

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 2:40pm On May 13, 2016
CassyO:

Hello mama am currently in Dallas and using medical city. You need to knw where you will be staying so u could look up hospital close to you.. That way transportation would not be an issue... But u could try medical city, doctors hospital, just google

Abeg, tell me how much medical city is charging you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 2:42pm On May 13, 2016
Dear Ma,

With all due respect, please did u just find out about the pregnancy this morning? As I'm wondering y u didn't state your primary intention at the embassy... sending a letter to the embassy stating that you want to use the visa for birthing is like a short cut and u might ve issues at your POE. So as other mums have advised ppl here, it is better you use this visa first for the reason it was obtained. As for hospitals in chicago, please check part 3 I'm sure you will find useful info.

zeejam:

Big thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by egariyi(f): 2:42pm On May 13, 2016
zeejam:

Big thanks.

You just got your visa yesterday and you want to write to the embassy!! Sometimes, we use our hands to cause problems for ourselves. Why didnt you declare that you wanted to have your baby at once instead of vacation. Its obvious you have lied about your intensions. Your visa may be cancelled if you write to them. I suggest you travel for vacation first before going for birthing if time is on your side. Gudluck!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hardeymijuh: 2:46pm On May 13, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
It is my turn to share my testimony.

My LO was born yesterday 11th May 2016. Some of you would recall how my Dollars were stolen by my help before my trip. I was well prepared to follow it up and post everywhere about it but after my first doctors appointment here, the stolen money was irrelevant to me.

The doctor did a scan and said she found spots on my LO's heart that were indicative of either a hole in the heart or downs syndrome. I began to pray and believe God even though I was very shaken by the news.

Long story short, she arrived yesterday and is completely fine. She followed me straight from the OR to the postpartum recovery room. Join me praise the Lord. I'm one happy mumma.

Congrats, this is another testimony...God did it in the midst of all the troubles. God bless your LO

For those using stanbic cards, I just got this message from them....
"Dear Customer, we are upgrading tonight. Please be reminded that our banking channels will be unavailable from midnight to 12noon on Sun 15/5/16. Your debit card will also not work on other banks' terminals. Please note that this upgrade is free and no action or information is required from you. 012709676"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 2:57pm On May 13, 2016
zeejam:

Big thanks.

With this your corner corner story, you wan use Chicago POE? Na sorry go be your last name.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dyout: 3:02pm On May 13, 2016
My wife used Sierra providence Hospital east campus. Their services was top notch, and it was a new hospital, looking like a five star Hotel. Anyway we did not use Doctorespati.

Dabira19:
Good afternoon, my ppl. Pls has anyone used Sierra Providence Hospital via Docotres parati b4? What was their services like? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Xenadarl: 3:04pm On May 13, 2016
ebonychic18:
Supermom! Congrats.
Thanks @ebonychic

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:08pm On May 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

@ajuju chukwi gozie gi. A na m a blushi serzly kita grin. Ngwanu ka anyi suba soo soo igbo. Agba kwana oso o!

Oso kwa? Mbanu. Ke ihe na chum?? Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:14pm On May 13, 2016
greatie:
Hello mamas,
As if Dr F likes inducing Reading mamas post on this is getting me scared. Being a FTM and reading d adverse effect of induced labour from d last mama that finally had CS, i dont think it a good idea.

Pls mamas who have gone through this could you share your experience? He's my doctor and i wanna be sure of anything he might be bringing to the table.

Thanks in advance.

Sweety induction itself isnt really a bad thing. And it also depends on a couple of things:
A) how well your body receives d drug pitocin
B) how ready the baby is to come
C) doctors timing

In Dr F's case he suggests it bcz most moms will want him to attend d delivery and he cant b there for all moms bcz his practise has three or four doctors on rotation.

However having said that, in most cases an induction leads to CS depending on the 3 factors listed above.

U could do d following
A) wait for labour to start on its own
B) pray for speedy delivery
C) read up on induction

@chloe7 I hail o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 3:27pm On May 13, 2016
XX01:

Abeg, tell me how much medical city is charging you?

Doc fee/ 2500 you get 20 discount if you pay upfront
Hospital - vd/ 4500 CS - 5300

Blood test /120
Sonogram - 140
Swap - 49
Epid- 1300

This has been my bill am still 38weeks and waiting for any other bills.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nenya(f): 3:28pm On May 13, 2016
zeejam:

Big thanks.

Are you pregant already?
Or you just want to enquire?
Which ever is the case you should have informed them on intentions.
You intend to travel next month if you are long gone get all the necessary requirments but just be ready for anything.
However honesty is the key.
You read up and understand why mamas are snapping off at you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.