Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007827 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Eugene83:

I understand. Aside the money aspect double check your other documents to make sure they are all on point. With your desired degree for example , write a letter of explanation that let's vo know that you can use it here at home. Add any responsibilities you have to your parents. Be it inheritance or something else. Any properties you have at home. And also explain your reason for choosing canada. If there's anything else you aren't sure of don't hesitate to ask
good evening bro...
I received another mail for correspondence to my application ...this time it's was 5 pages but still đ same tin Dat was tick.... I guess I don't really needs GCMS file, bcoz inside all đ reason for refusal is in dis last msg I received today and nothing change..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
ikem01:
Pls who is at uni of ottawa at the moment? Help a brother.

Hi, whats up! Hw may I be of help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by notasowie: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
Did biometric 12th may up till now no medical call up should I be worried ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
notasowie:

Nope
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
Carter001:
Anybody going to Lambton College this September ??

Lampton on d go...
Pls house I applied for trv 15 April
Was called for medical 3rd may
Did my medica 11th may
Still no reply frm cic nd my start date is by August 29
Does this calls for been worried

Cause sincerely speaking I am....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Lampton on d go...
Did my medica 11th may

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opeoluwa00: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
durai:
me weh Don apply since 23rd of march nko
.. What's up. Have u been called for Medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
Avalon316:

My cgpa isn't 2.2 . It is 3.05/5 . Want to try uottawa. You think the cgpa is too low for Uottawa? I also have more than 8 years post study experience in Civil engineering

I notice one tangible misconception here. Often times, I have read people give a false information about UOttawa. Some say cheap, least competitive etc. I am indifferent of ones choice of university and program but would always advise prospective students to do some research about their program and faculty / university. UofO is a member of the G13 and U15, association of research intensive universities in Canada. I am currently admitted for Masters degree program so I tell u that the tuition per yr is around 21k CAD. It would interesting to know that UofO is highly competitive and can never be compared with UofM, Carleton University etc. UofO is at pair closely with UofC and the likes, instead. Check the world ranking of Canadian universities on QS world universities ranking, times educational ranking and so on, then u would be better prepare.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
opeoluwa00:
.. What's up. Have u been called for Medicals?
yeap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

I notice one tangible misconception here. Often times, I have read people give a false information about UOttawa. Some say cheap, least competitive etc. I am indifferent of ones choice of university and program but would always advise prospective students to do some research about their program and faculty / university. UofO is a member of the G13 and U15, association of research intensive universities in Canada. I am currently admitted for Masters degree program so I tell u that the tuition per yr is around 21k CAD. It would interesting to know that UofO is highly competitive and can never be compared with UofM, Carleton University etc. UofO is at pair closely with UofC and the likes, instead. Check the world ranking of Canadian universities on QS world universities ranking, times educational ranking and so on, then u would be better prepare.

Bro you're probably right. But judging by the info on their website it's quite cheap except if the info on their website is outdated or does not reflect the true position of things. Pls do check their fee schedule for masters on their website.

But ultimately since you said you're currently admitted at u of Ottawa then I take a bow.

Wow 21k cad is quite expensive. Are u funded ?

Furthermore, ranking of University sometimes doesn't really reflect the competitive nature of admission of a particular institution. Sometime environmental factors weigh in. For instance, u of Ottawa is located in the province of Ontario that has plenty of institutions, consequently students going to Ontario has quite a lot of choices, depending on the program u r going though. Now try and compare it to province with very few institutions, invariably students have fewer options to choose from that province.

It is cogent to point out the fact that this is just a theory and therefore it doesn't necessarily reflect the true position of things. But since you're admitted to the school u r probably more vast than I am in this subject.

I am quite appreciative of the fact that u of Ottawa is one of the rated institutions in Canada. I did my research.

Cheers grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OTUNBACODED: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
durai:
yeap

@durai , pls when were u called for medicals and did u go paper route or online? I applied same date and nothing yet , not even medical mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
OTUNBACODED:

@durai , pls when were u called for medicals and did u go paper route or online? I applied same date and nothing yet , not even medical mail.
paper route...12th of april
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
You don't have to worry guy....i did biometric April 20th and no medical call up yet. Keep the hope alive brother#GOD over everything#
notasowie:

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
yemdogg:

Bro you're probably right. But judging by the info on their website it's quite cheap except if the info on their website is outdated or does not reflect the true position of things. Pls do check their fee schedule for masters on their website.

But ultimately since you said you're currently admitted at u of Ottawa then I take a bow.

Wow 21k cad is quite expensive. Are u funded ?

Furthermore, ranking of University sometimes doesn't really reflect the competitive nature of admission of a particular institution. Sometime environmental factors weigh in. For instance, u of Ottawa is located in the province of Ontario that has plenty of institutions, consequently students going to Ontario has quite a lot of choices, depending on the program u r going though. Now try and compare it to province with very few institutions, invariably students have fewer options to choose from that province.

It is cogent to point out the fact that this is just a theory and therefore it doesn't necessarily reflect the true position of things. But since you're admitted to the school u r probably more vast than I am in this subject.

I am quite appreciative of the fact that u of Ottawa is one of the rated institutions in Canada. I did my research.

Cheers grin

Thank you for your critical Analysis. However, don't forget that Carleton university is also in the same city with UofO but never comes close to UofO in rating, hope u don't see this as an attempt to refute ur claim. The estimated tuition as it appears on the university website is absolutely correct. What u see there is for one semester. The UofO school of graduate studies runs a three semester system, quite different from their undergraduate school. In addition to that, there is a differential fee attached for non- exempt students. So u can multiple it by 3 and see what it gives. Ultimately, i thank you for the reservations. I am not funded. Though the program design is great.Respect.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

Thank you for your critical Analysis. However, don't forget that Carleton university is also in the same city with UofO but never comes close to UofO in rating, hope u don't see this as an attempt to refute ur claim. The estimated tuition as it appears on the university website is absolutely correct. What u see there is for one semester. The UofO school of graduate studies runs a three semester system, quite different from their undergraduate school. In addition to that, there is a differential fee attached for non- exempt students. So u can multiple it by 3 and see what it gives. Ultimately, i thank you for the reservations. I am not funded. Though the program design is great.Respect.

3 semesters per year? Are their masters for two full years (6 semesters)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 1:10am On Jun 12, 2016
anybody here who applied in march or early April and has not been called for medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 12, 2016
Wao, this thread now on season - 10, I enjoyed it during my time....A lot of great achievers in the house, I pray that your wait time is reduced by His grace.

Kudos to you all and stay blessed

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dodrdre(m): 1:57am On Jun 12, 2016
justwise:

If you can afford to sponsor yourself then you don't need to include your cousin in it. There is nothing wrong with you sponsoring yourself.

Hello, @justwise pls if it's a link to read, justhelp justgive me to catch and start from the scratch.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 2:12am On Jun 12, 2016
Take a chill pill bro. Just stay positive. Cic will get back to u b4 august
Mrturiz555:
Lampton on d go...
Did my medica 11th may

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by burrytee(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2016
Anybody going to Conestoga for September intake.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2016
dodrdre:

Hello, @justwise pls if it's a link to read, justhelp justgive me to catch and start from the scratch.

Thank you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2016
happy Sunday everyone...
Pls I track my app today is still showing processing in Ghana... Pls how long will it take before it get to vfs office so I can pick it up nd reapply.... no much time... I want to apply for Sept Is it still possible?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nexson(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2016
Mrturiz555:
Lampton on d go...
Did my medica 11th may
does worrying change anything ? worrying won't give you trv or study permit...continue praying!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:
happy Sunday everyone...
Pls I track my app today is still showing processing in Ghana... Pls how long will it take before it get to vfs office so I can pick it up nd reapply.... no much time... I want to apply for Sept Is it still possible?
is it that most applications are processed in Ghana and some others in Nigeria ..cause I have never seen processing in Ghana on my tracking status ..Just processing in d visa office .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dodrdre(m): 10:56am On Jun 12, 2016
Thank you Sir
justwise:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Bleuocean:
anybody here who applied in march or early April and has not been called for medicals?

11th April. Getting called this week.
You?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:
happy Sunday everyone...

i suggest you go to vfs tomorrow, regardless of what the tracking status says. they are in better position to hasten things

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Miskeen: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2016
1st of April........no call yet..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2016
uvagho:
is it that most applications are processed in Ghana and some others in Nigeria ..cause I have never seen processing in Ghana on my tracking status ..Just processing in d visa office .

it can't only be "processing in the visa office". Check again or put up a snapshot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 11:18am On Jun 12, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:
happy Sunday everyone...
When did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Phumzee92: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Good afternoon and Happy Sunday to everyone here... I stumbled on this thread yesterday night. I desire to read an MBA course with specialization In finance at a good and a vert affordable university in canada that will require between 0-2 years of experience and probably GMAT... Any kind hearted person with a reliable information Can help me out here... Thanks in advance...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
uvagho:
CassetteBoy:

it can't only be "processing in the visa office". Check again or put up a snapshot
It can be bro.....that is what online application will tell you if you track through VFS site grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.