Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006640 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eugene83: 5:12am On Jun 11, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:

thanks for reply bro
another thing my worries is won't they look for another means to refused.... God forbid..
or this đ only p my application is having?
how sure am I.... that's only reason is funds?
sorry I just want to be very careful this time around..

I understand. Aside the money aspect double check your other documents to make sure they are all on point. With your desired degree for example , write a letter of explanation that let's vo know that you can use it here at home. Add any responsibilities you have to your parents. Be it inheritance or something else. Any properties you have at home. And also explain your reason for choosing canada. If there's anything else you aren't sure of don't hesitate to ask
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rudyislife: 5:38am On Jun 11, 2016
yungreezy:
the field has an asterisk meaning it is mandatory to fill it even if I'm still going to send the hard copies. Or am I doing it wrong?
can't remember but I think it's optional.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 8:15am On Jun 11, 2016
Anybody going to Lambton College this September ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2016
justwise:

Inflows and outflows means nothing if the balance is that low.

When you convert 4M to Canadian dollar what does it give you?

Hi justwise-,

What if the balance is just 1.3m but I personally have the money for my tuition, 1000 Canadian dollars for books and the compulsory 10,0000 Canadian dollars for my upkeep? I still used my cousin as my co sponsor just to make my application stronger. In my sop ,I stated that he would contribute 10000 Canadian dollars to cater for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous spending. Do you think his low statement of account will affect my application in any way?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 11, 2016
Mizbaby:
Hi everyone, has anyone had issues getting a refund of tuition deposit? Especially for those that were denied visas or changed schools. How long did it take to get your money back?

Hi, has your money be refunded. Fanshawe college, wrote that if I decide to change school ,I would forfeit as much as 2300 Canadian dollars plus administrative fees . That's huge amount of money. Did something like that apply to yours?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ikem01(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2016
Eugene83:

SLEEMYDRIZ here's ikem01's statement on how he fixed his. Maybe paying fees and having your uncle transfer money to your bank account will work well. I think the reasons are quite straight forward. No need to order gcms file.
On point.. I think they want to know if u have the money to pay by transferring money to ur acc proves that accommodation is covered plus u can decide to pay ur fees. Although there is a risk and let ur sponsor explain and put all the receipt in ur application to show its there. Also make sure ur sponsor put a breakdown on his/her sponsorship letter.
I think the best thing to do is to transfer money into ur account: accommodation + tuition but i recommend it should be in US dollars(risk is reduced in this case). Am just saying o, am no VO I just think with the economic breakdown they are quite skeptical. My 2 cents

Hope this helps@sleemydriz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2016
Carter001:
i am hopeful to go there in September ...applied for my study permit since May 09 ,not heard anytin yet .Have u submitted ur app or already gotten ur TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2016
Carter001:
Lambton in Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2016
uvagho:
i am hopeful to go there in September ...applied for my study permit since May 09 ,not heard anytin yet .Have u submitted ur app or already gotten ur TRV?

Just applied for my TRV too not up to a week.....let's pray for a positive answer form CIC.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2016
lawmerchant:

Dont rush in reapplying. Calm down, get your GCMS file to get full details of the reason for the refusal. Address those reason(s) before reapplying.
We can assist in processing your GCMS file. email lawmerchant3@gmail.com

please can you be more elaborate. How many days will it take for his gcms file to arrive if he uses your agency?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 10:26am On Jun 11, 2016
ikem01:

On point.. I think they want to know if u have the money to pay by transferring money to ur acc proves that accommodation is covered plus u can decide to pay ur fees. Although there is a risk and let ur sponsor explain and put all the receipt in ur application to show its there. Also make sure ur sponsor put a breakdown on his/her sponsorship letter.
I think the best thing to do is to transfer money into ur account: accommodation + tuition but i recommend it should be in US dollars(risk is reduced in this case). Am just saying o, am no VO I just think with the economic breakdown they are quite skeptical. My 2 cents

Hope this helps@sleemydriz
Thanks Bro
did you request for ur GCMS file?
is it possible to transfer dollar to my Naira savings account?
or better still jst đ equivalent in Naira?
can I retrieved my documents on Monday?
thanks once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2016
TeeOjo:

@durai.... What route did u use in applying? And have you done medicals. Our dates are so close , i applied 22nd of march, upfront medicals .
paper route. called for medicals early April nd it has been done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2016
Carter001:

Just applied for my TRV too not up to a week.....let's pray for a positive answer form CIC.....
A big Amen ...Mine is in Sarnia and not Toronto .Did u pay for ur school fees already ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2016
uvagho:
A big Amen ...Mine is in Sarnia and not Toronto .Did u pay for ur school fees already ?
mine too is in sarnia.....instrumentation and control engineering technology..... Paid half of my tuition fees

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2016
Guys what's the difference between the study permit and TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2016
uvagho:

Made 1st semester payment cos CBN didn't allow for a year.... What about you ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
mine too is in sarnia.....instrumentation and control engineering technology..... Paid half of my tuition fees
Cool...I really pray we both make it tru.Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 11:10am On Jun 11, 2016
Carter001:

Made 1st semester payment cos CBN didn't allow for a year.... What about you ??
I made payment for a year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2016
Ymc007:
From my view ,the study permit is for u too be able to study in Canada and work too ,while without d TRV u can't move in and out of Canada .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2016
uvagho:
From my view ,the study permit is for u too be able to study in Canada and work too ,while without d TRV u can't move in and out of Canada .
Thanks for your reply, so which should one apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 11:26am On Jun 11, 2016
Ymc007:

Thanks for your reply, so which should one apply for?
Apply for study permit and if successful a TRV automatically is granted ...That's why most people staying less that 6 months still apply for trv when going for study .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Avalon316:

Hi justwise-,

What if the balance is just 1.3m but I personally have the money for my tuition, 1000 Canadian dollars for books and the compulsory 10,0000 Canadian dollars for my upkeep? I still used my cousin as my co sponsor just to make my application stronger. In my sop ,I stated that he would contribute 10000 Canadian dollars to cater for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous spending. Do you think his low statement of account will affect my application in any way?

If you can afford to sponsor yourself then you don't need to include your cousin in it. There is nothing wrong with you sponsoring yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by JJCE(m): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
Adeolaolaide16:
Good day, plz I wan know if Police headquarter's office in Ibadan issue Police Clearance and how much? Thanks
yeah, go to iya ganku, I think it should be 7 to 8k...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
executivegej:
Any PhD applicant in the house?

Hala
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Daveboiz:
Hello.. Anyone coming to Winnipeg or Toronto anytime soon?.. Please garri cry lol... Anyways the trv stress is worth it tho. Coming here u won't be disappointed

Lol help us inspire them

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dodrdre(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Gastuso:
Yes o
Don't even know where to start... Pls hrlp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dodrdre(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Gastuso:
Yes o
Don't even know where to start... Pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dodrdre(m): 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
uvagho:
Apply for study permit and if successful a TRV automatically is granted ...That's why most people staying less that 6 months still apply for trv when going for study .

Please, where do I start?
Which application will I do first if am starting afresh?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dodrdre(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
Oseni007:
Hello,
Go to www.cic.gc.ca select "immigration and citizenship" from their proceed to "My Application"select "Check your application status"‎,the page takes you to anoda page where you will b asked "What did you apply for" u select "Study permit" from the box and proceed another page where you asked to sign into your online or link your application, from their you sign in with a GCkey(if you already have an online acccount) if nt u will need to open. When linking your application you will b asked to put details such as Date of birth,passport details, UCI number,start date of program and end date.When fill the space it should be noted that you put just your UCI number,date of birth and given names. Since your application is a new one, you don't need to fill any application number in the space while filling it to avoid it been linked with your old application .I hope simple enough.‎

Please how do I start from the beginning and help me through the steps.
@Oseni007 thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by alexa007: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
TRV mean temporary Residence Visa it is the document cic will stamp on your passport that will eligible you to travel to Canada while study permit is another document you get at the point of entry it is a print special paper stating ur name school and if you are eligible to work
Ymc007:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by flgd: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello house,

Please is it a red flag at the embassy to intend doing a PGD in supply chain mgt while b.sc was in English and been working as a communications assistant..

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Dear all, Pls who knows how long the TRV issued is valid for. Those that have gotten theirs should pls help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.