Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007538 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by secondborn: 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
oyeleye22:

I doubt they would know money left the acct. Just be hopeful. U could beg ur bro to wait a lil but if he can't hope for d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by modulus30: 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
greetings good people. Please I applied for TRV on 10th June via online, was sent a mail requesting for biometrics which I did on 13th June being Monday at VAC Lagos. I checked my CIC account for update the next day being 14th June only to see biometrics not presently needed. It was showing biometrics needed as at when the letter for biometrics request was sent. Please any help on this. could it be they have received my biometrics or not. I submitted all documents needed. I am worried people please gurus in da house help.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iamshuga: 12:30am On Jun 19, 2016
modulus30:
greetings good people. Please I applied for TRV on 10th June via online, was sent a mail requesting for biometrics which I did on 13th June being Monday at VAC Lagos. I checked my CIC account for update the next day being 14th June only to see biometrics not presently needed. It was showing biometrics needed as at when the letter for biometrics request was sent. Please any help on this. could it be they have received my biometrics or not. I submitted all documents needed. I am worried people please gurus in da house help.....

Ur biometrics have been received by CIC bro.
Worry not!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dazlinga: 12:40am On Jun 19, 2016
Please anyone heading to University of Ottawa here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Gastuso:

Your view is not totally correct, I submitted additional documents to my application after two weeks of online submission and it was accepted by CIC. They even uploaded it to my application themselves
May be its CIC that "is not totally correct".

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:42am On Jun 19, 2016
TeamSimple:
Peace be unto everyone here.
Please how long does it take to process a TRV?
I applied since 19 February this year at the VFS center lekki. Till date(four months now) what I see from their website when I track is application number 12345678 still being processed at the visa office.
Is it normal or I should just forget about it?

Very unusual. The application is past the normal processing time (13/14weeks). Send an email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Apprentice: 1:56am On Jun 19, 2016
someone asked about gcms to order outside of Canada. I used gcmsnow.com, cheapest so far and efficient too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 1:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Dazlinga:
Please anyone heading to University of Ottawa here?

Did you apply to uottawa? Have you been given admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dazlinga: 2:18am On Jun 19, 2016
iykedare:

Did you apply to uottawa? Have you been given admission?

Yea I have my admission already..Just needed to clear some questions on Ma mind like I see 37k annually for tuition and living expenses on the admission paperworks, want to know what's the actual fees for Masters Environmental Enginnering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adeolams: 3:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Dazlinga:

Yea I have my admission already..Just needed to clear some questions on Ma mind like I see 37k annually for tuition and living expenses on the admission paperworks, want to know what's the actual fees for Masters Environmental Enginnering

Below is the tuition for one semester. See more info on this link https://www.uottawa.ca/university-fees/tuition-fees

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 3:46am On Jun 19, 2016
lawmerchant:

Below is the tuition for one semester. See more info on this link https://www.uottawa.ca/university-fees/tuition-fees

There are three semesters in one year ,so multiply that amount by three then add 10000 as upkeep for one year. That is about 34k per year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 3:53am On Jun 19, 2016
Dazlinga:

That's what it is o. How long did they take to get back to offer you admission and when is your start date? September or January?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TeamSimple(m): 5:41am On Jun 19, 2016
lawmerchant:

Very unusual. The application is past the normal processing time (13/14weeks). Send an email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
I already did. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ashmark(m): 6:09am On Jun 19, 2016
Why is it that people are not going to Quebec?
Is the city not okay?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2016
Iamshuga:

Ur biometrics have been received by CIC bro.
Worry not!!!!
iamshuga,please what if the biometrics status never changed but still shows biometrics needed weeks after it has been completed .should I be worried ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iamshuga: 8:00am On Jun 19, 2016
uvagho:
iamshuga,please what if the biometrics status never changed but still shows biometrics needed weeks after it has been completed .should I be worried ?

It means they have not yet received your biometrics, buh, I've nt seen such case anyway.
dunno if anyone has.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:02am On Jun 19, 2016
uvagho:

Did you submit online?

I submitted via paper route, afterwards I linked my application online and ever since I linked my application online, the biometric status has been "not needed at this time" it didn't change.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chebe01: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Gastuso:

As a PhD applicants, your chances of approval is 90%. My brother, you are good as getting the TRV. Most times, ties to one's homeland goes beyond parents and family affiliation. Your job is a strong tie to your homeland if you are still single. First and foremost, you are a faculty member and i guess you are tenured by now. So you don't have issues with tie to homeland.
I once have a similar problem like you. I did not attached my all educational degree and transcripts, police clearance, my birth and family members certificate, etc. I wrote to VAC Lagos, but was referred to write to VAC in Accra and also wrote to CIC using case specific form to explain the reason for not submitting all documents and also attached the unsubmitted documents to my letter. Within, two days was told they have received and attached same to my application. So you too can write to the VAC office through email. They will respond to you. Also use CIC case specific form to appeal and attach all documents.
Note: Not all University in Canada demands for English proficiency test for international students. For me, for instance, University of Alberta exclude Nigerians, Ghanaians, South Africans, etc., applicants with 2:1 are exempted from English proficiency exam.

Thanks Gastuso

I will send a case specific inquiry with most of the documents attached. I had to send through my TOEFL to Waterloo when I applied so I didn't reckon that I will need it as a visa application document. I am not yet tenured here but I have been with academia for 4 years and I have a permanent residency here in SA. Thanks again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2016
yemdogg:

Did you submit online?

I submitted via paper route, afterwards I linked my application online and ever since I linked my application online, the biometric status has been "not needed at this time" it didn't change.
it was an online application .It has not changed till now .I just hope there is no issue here .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2016
uvagho:
it was an online application .It has not changed till now .I just hope there is no issue here .

I think they must have gotten your biometric data. And if they haven't, I am pretty sure you would get a mail from them giving you instructions on what to do.

How long has it been since you submitted your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2016
yemdogg:

Did you submit online?

Hi, when did you submit your app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Peacemaker101: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]Hi all,
I need urgent assistance/ guidance.
I completed a bachelor's degree in economics in Nigeria here last year,
I'm interested in going for another bachelor's degree in actuarial science in canada this fall(September ),
I have gained conditional admission to western Ontario university
I have gathered all documents necessary,
but I'm having a problem drafting a convincing SOP,
I have intentions of submitting my application this week
Pls anyone who has been in similar situation or knows about.

Thank you

P.s the condition is to send my transcript to WES for evaluation but they are still awaiting verification from my previous school.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Bamz:

Hi, when did you submit your app?

6th of June. You ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by errandonline: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Hi all I uploaded the medical results I did for my denied application last july for a new application I did this march.Igot a mail from CIC request for medical.I just forwarded the old medical on the premise that its valid for a year.
I did not receive a response aside the auto generated email.do i still wait or do another medical.I am worried about the silence
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2016
yemdogg:

I think they must have gotten your biometric data. And if they haven't, I am pretty sure you would get a mail from them giving you instructions on what to do.

How long has it been since you submitted your application?
I submitted on d 9th of May....after my biometrics I only got my tracking number .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2016
errandonline:
Hi all I uploaded the medical results I did for my denied application last july for a new application I did this march.Igot a mail from CIC request for medical.I just forwarded the old medical on the premise that its valid for a year.
I did not receive a response aside the auto generated email.do i still wait or do another medical.I am worried about the silence
you really do not have to do another Medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thank goodness,pls kindly tell me what to do,I want to apply for same school and same course in Jan 2017.
sleekytee:
I got admission in global business management to centennial collage, no English test.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
uvagho:
I submitted on d 9th of May....after my biometrics I only got my tracking number .

I think you are good.

There's nothing to worry about.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Odinwa(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
eyilore2014:
only God can say what the outcome of any visa application will be. Just do your part as human and handover the rest to God, when God decide to approve ur visa no VO can reject it.

A very big AMEN to this bro! Have done the affidavit anyway. Wanna submit tomorrow and I wanna go very early in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
errandonline:

Send them d previous one since its valid. Ur trv is on d way.congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
errandonline:
When in March did u submit ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.