Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006351 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello Yemdogg, I sent a message to your e-mail, pls respond, I need your quick advice on something urgent. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
krissein:

michV, yemdogg, brandymcmb and all the other super heros please I humbly await your analytical suggestions. Thanks as always.

CIC is aware that most schools have deferral policies, once your program start date has passed, instead of out-right refusal, they'd contact you and ask you to provide a new admission letter.

That is why it is advisable to contact your school when your program start date is getting close and you are yet to receive any correspondence from CIC regarding the status of your TRV/STUDY PERMIT application. Defer your admission till the next available start date/intake and get your admission letter ready, so that when you receive a mail from cic requesting for new admission letter, you can send it almost immediately without wasting time; cos apparently any additional document request from cic has a deadline which must be met. failure to meet the deadline can be fatal. And indeed i have seen several people both in this thread and outside this thread that has faced this exact situation.

cc @Eraytee

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
yemdogg:

CIC is aware that most schools have deferral policies, once your program start date has passed, instead of out-rightly refusal, they'd contact you and ask you to provide a new admission letter.

That is why it is advisable to contact your school when your program start date is getting close and you are yet to receive any correspondence from CIC regarding the status of your TRV/STUDY PERMIT application. Defer your admission till the next available start date/intake and get your admission letter ready, so that when you receive a mail from cic requesting for new admission letter, you can send it almost immediately without wasting time; cos apparently any additional document request from cic has a deadline which must be met. failure to meet the deadline can be fatal. And indeed i have seen several people both in this thread and outside this thread that has faced this exact situation.
@yemdogg thanks a lot for ur immerse contributions on dis trend. God bless u. U shud apply to cic for a position of VO lols. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
Thank you, u just lifted ny spirit.

steffans:

Wow...

It's well!

Well, get ur package first.. Lets know what's up.. There is always a first time for everything..

But then again.. Maybe the number u called made a mistake.. Since u didn't get any mails..

I wish u all the best dear...

It will end in praises!

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
crazygurl:
Thank you, u just lifted ny spirit.

@crazygurl is it a pdg/pgc or masters admission u used to apply for TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
greenbackboogie:

Reminds me. If your school issues you a new letter of acceptance (due to deferment) , how do you send it to cic so they could attach it to your application? BTW is it also possible for cic to grant you visa by september/ October when on you LOA, it stipulates your program starts early September? Just a Tot I'd like to get enlightened on.
well I know that if cic knows that the processing would take longer than ur resumption date or registration deadline they would ask you to send a new admission letter. it happened to a friend of mine. they would normally request for it via the online portal. or u can predict that that's the case and pre fill in a CSE form. all u need do is Google CSE Canada and walla the form pops out on Google. fill in and attach details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chinuaj: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please when your application reads open....what does it mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
crazygurl:
Av done medicals and passed bro!

More reason y am confused.

sisi ur fretting for nothing. ur trv has been stamped God willing. it's not easy to stay calm tho I understand

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
Yemdogg.. Thanks for your detailed response and invaluable contributions.

God bless you immensely and answer your prayers as well as all other applicants.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please I have heard people saying CIC only accept Notarised affidavit of support from Notary public but not Court Affidavit of support.

Please can this be true?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
@Eraytee- Pgd love.

@kisstaye....... No words!thank you so much.

Eraytee:

@crazygurl is it a pdg/pgc or masters admission u used to apply for TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello, I want to apply for a Masters program and can anyone recommend a Uni that doesn't hard copies of credientials, all documents submitted online?

Also, unis with quick admission process as I need an urgent feedback on my application.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
crazygurl
post=48571800:

@Eraytee- Pgd love.

@kisstaye....... No words!thank you so much.

I know it wud end up in praise, we need pgd/pgc testimonies in d house. We continue to feed our Faith and starve our fears. I'm hopeful smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please i need an answer from any single not married successful persons within this age of 27yrs old.we are about to prepare a Study permit application and does an applicant who finished service October 2014 and working since February 2015 till date need personal assets like land/shares cert considering the age and period of working?.this particular situation has not been clearly understandable to me.. Im concerned particularly if an applicant of 27yrs old needs personal asset to show sufficient home ties to motivate return
plz i need help

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
dior2016:
Looool,i'm a lady oh and pls i need help to link my app online...anybody somebody pls help me plss

Any luck yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mikymiko:
Please I have heard people saying CIC only accept Notarised affidavit of support from Notary public but not Court Affidavit of support.

Please can this be true?

NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT IS UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTABLE. WHILE COURT AFFIDAVIT IS ACCEPTABLE WITHIN JURISDICTION.

A LOT OF PEOPLE BOTH WITHIN AND OUTSIDE THIS THREAD HAVE GOTTEN THEIR TRV EVEN WITHOUT NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW CONVINCING, COGENT AND CREDIBLE THE OVERVIEW OF YOUR APPLICATION IS.

THERE'S REALLY NO HARD AND FAST RULE ABOUT IT. HOWEVER IF YOU CAN NOTARIZE YOUR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO GO AHEAD COS IT'S MORE CREDIBLE THAN AFFIDAVIT SWORN IN THE COURT ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU'RE USING THE AFFIDAVIT OUTSIDE JURISDICTION (NIGERIA).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
michV:
Please i need an answer from any single not married successful persons within this age of 27yrs old.we are about to prepare a Study permit application and does an applicant who finish service October 2014 and working since February 2015 till date need personal assets like land/shares cert considering the age and period of working?.this particular situation has not been understandable clearly to me.. Im concerned particularly if an applicant of 27yrs old needs personal asset to show sufficient home ties to motivate return
plz i need help
I'm exactly in that age range and iv successfully applied for a masters though it's my second masters(didn't get my first in canada). I used my parents landed properties to show as proof of ties. where cic wan mak I steal moni buy property from??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by atrapon(m): 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
My elders, I greet u all,in d areas of tuition fee, job, cost of living etc, MUN,UREGINA, and UPEI which is better,,,,thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
michV:
Please i need an answer from any single not married successful persons within this age of 27yrs old.we are about to prepare a Study permit application and does an applicant who finish service October 2014 and working since February 2015 till date need personal assets like land/shares cert considering the age and period of working?.this particular situation has not been understandable clearly to me.. Im concerned particularly if an applicant of 27yrs old needs personal asset to show sufficient home ties to motivate return
plz i need help

I'm a little above 27 and I submitted personal soa of only 250k

As long as the person doesn't have any study gap and can show proof of that on a detailed Resume and can also show enough funds from his/her sponsor as well as share certificates, landed properties, proof of income or revenue and or business registration documents then the person is totally fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
krissein:
Yemdogg.. Thanks for your detailed response and invaluable contributions.

God bless you immensely and answer your prayers as well as all other applicants.

@yemdogg has said it all

To add to what he said in my own opinion, just keep your graduate secretary posted, foster a good relationship with him/her, he/she would direct you on what to do as time goes by

Some schools even allow students to resume 2-3 weeks after the official resumption date

So you never know, it is well...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mrchemist(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
opia12345:
15 GOOD WEEKS, na wa oo ,CIC no try at all .. writing cic at 12 weeks now sef is like looking for trouble , schools are resuming aug 29th - sep 6th. Any one that applied in june should not just complain as of now until they reduced the processing time to 12 weeks. Differing lo sure ju oo, Jan 2017 here we come.

i'm yet to see anyone coming to my school sef come sept.. Durham College..

Hi I'm got admission to Durham College. How far
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by seunskills: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
yemdogg:

Boss this is a positive development and i am quite motivated.

I think moniker @seunskills was able to obtain a note verbal from the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs some weeks back. Flowing from this I think he should be able to link us or provide us with channels or avenues to get in touch with the federal ministry of foreign affairs. (Baba seunskills am sorry for calling you out, it's not in my habit buh I strongly feel you can link us or give us meaningful info regarding how to get in touch with the ministry of foreign affairs)

Thesoj thank you for this. I personally have thought about it buh I was really doubtful if anyone would get on board with the idea. I was also mindful of the fact that most masters applicants and PhD applicants are fairly treated with respect attention to their application and timely response from CIC. It's just PGC/PGD applicants that are facing these challenges. So if we can reconcile that and we're able to get some peeps on board not just PGC/PGD applicants it will go along way to assist our cause.
Sincerely, yesterday I was tempted to write Canadian embassy and lodge a complaint with respect the unfair processing times faced by Nigerians.

Michv, lawmerchant where art thou?

Sorry house for my late reply, I'm just seeing this post right now cos I'm just trying to catch up, couldn't check NL since Monday due to my work load in the office.

I don't know anybody at the foreign affairs but my office protocol department have a good rapport with them. I'll pay the dept a visit tomorrow and request for a contact there. I'll PM the outcome to the house tomorrow.

Let's be hopeful and remember that we will all win on the long run.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
brandymcmb:

I'm a little above 27 and I submitted personal soa of only 250k
As long as the person doesn't have any study gap and can show proof of that on a detailed Resume and can also show enough funds from his/her sponsor as well as share certificates, landed properties, proof of income or revenue and or business registration documents then the person is totally fine
wow! a little above 27,lol funi you..Thanks for your response. Just that i saw limited personal funds on someone's GCMS NOTE.app refused because of insufficient tie of a 27yr old applicant and i became confused on how to go abt this or is it because u r a lady they pardoned you? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by collykay: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Picked up my passport today. The result wasn't positive Though. Denied based on purpose of visit. I applied 4 diploma sef and I thought I applied 4 PGD o....C me!!!

Other reasons 4 denial: my proposed Studies are not reasonable in Light of one or more of: my qualification, previous Studies, employment,or......bla bla bla. I ain' t gonna give up. I'll apply 4 Msc dis time around. It's not over until it is over.
Please if u have info of any uni for January in take 2017,u can help a sis. Am calculating my CGPA right now 300L and 400L and I got 3.5/5.0

Thanks for all your contributions.@ michv,@ yemdogg e. T.c you guys have been a blessing 2 dis house. #grateful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
collykay:

Picked up my passport today. The result wasn't positive Though. Denied based on purpose of visit. I applied 4 diploma sef and I thought I applied 4 PGD o....C me!!!
Other reasons 4 denial: my proposed Studies are not reasonable in Light of one or more of: my qualification, previous Studies, employment,or......bla bla bla. I ain' t gonna give up. I'll apply 4 Msc dis time around. It's not over until it is over.
Please if u have info of any uni for January in take 2017,u can help a sis. Am calculating my CGPA right now 300L and 400L and I got 3.5/5.0
Thanks for all your contributions.@ michv,@ yemdogg e. T.c you guys have been a blessing 2 dis house. #grateful
PLEASE wat exactly are you using to evaluate your CPGA.i am keen about it cos i want to evaluate mine.SORRY FOR THE delay.you will get it in ur next application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
kisstaye:

I'm exactly in that age range and iv successfully applied for a masters though it's my second masters(didn't get my first in canada). I used my parents landed properties to show as proof of ties. where cic wan mak I steal moni buy property from??
wait you mean you declared your second masters from Uk in ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennynelcon(m): 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
collykay:

Check Usask. they consider last 2 yr cgpa too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Cocosmite: 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
Given that Canadian admission deadline dates vary for Canadian students and International students.
For a person who is still in Nigeria BUT whom already has a valid Canadian student visa but didn't travel . Can he apply while in Nigeria for another course (for winter 2017) that has already exceeded it's International student deadline but still within the Canadian student deadline.
I don't know if I have described my scenario properly.
Thanks. I appreciate your smart ideas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by C3PO: 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
michV:
wow! a little above 27,lol funi you..Thanks for your response. Just that i saw limited personal funds on someone's GCMS NOTE.app refused because of insufficient tie of a 27yr old applicant and i became confused on how to go abt this or is it because u r a lady they pardoned you? grin

Lol, I'm a full blooded guy o

From my observation over the years, every app is on a case by case basis. We have seen folks with personal soa of over a million naira still get delayed for personal assets and the likes, while my friend and some other applicants I know didn't even submit any personal soa and wasn't working since he completed Nysc in 2013 got his Trv last year fall and has completed his programme as we speak

So sometimes one can't use another person's app as a yardstick for another, it's either the VO handling the application used his/her discretion or something else we don't know yet

The situation can just be dicey sometimes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
brandymcmb:

Lol, I'm a full blooded guy o
From my observation over the years, every app is on a case by case basis. We have seen folks with personal soa of over a million naira still get delayed for personal assets and the likes, while my friend and some other applicants I know didn't even submit any personal soa and wasn't working since he completed Nysc in 2013 got his Trv last year fall and has completed his programme as we speak
So sometimes one can't use another person's app as a yardstick for another, it's either the VO handling the application used his/her discretion or something else we don't know yet
The situation can just be dicey sometimes
every applicant na case by case but some cases are obviously peculiar na why sometimes the thing dey confuse me. inshot these VO no dey look all these documents..even if na me i go dey tire everyday.if i jus flip the one i need to give my approval,i approve jaree.i guess i ll do the needful concerning this case before me

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.