Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006327 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by collykay: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
@ miChv

Addition of (Course unit X grade obtained) divided by total unit for that level.

E.g BCH 301 3 unit A.
BCH 302 2 unit B
BCH 303 3 unit A
CGPA : (3x5) + (2x4) + (3x5)
: answer / (3+2+3)
A rep 5, B rep 4, C rep 3, D rep 2, E rep 1 and F rep 0.

Dis d method I used 2 evaluate mine. I hope it"s helpful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
collykay:
@ miChv
Addition of (Course unit X grade obtained) divided by total unit for that level.
E.g BCH 301 3 unit A.
BCH 302 2 unit B
BCH 303 3 unit A
CGPA : (3x5) + (2x4) + (3x5)
: answer / (3+2+3)
A rep 5, B rep 4, C rep 3, D rep 2, E rep 1 and F rep 0.
Dis d method I used 2 evaluate mine. I hope it"s helpful
you don't have your transcrpits? I thought initially it was WES evaluation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Fantastic.
seunskills:
Sorry house for my late reply, I'm just seeing this post right now cos I'm just trying to catch up, couldn't check NL since Monday due to my work load in the office.

I don't know anybody at the foreign affairs but my office protocol department have a good rapport with them. I'll pay the dept a visit tomorrow and request for a contact there. I'll PM the outcome to the house tomorrow.

Let's be hopeful and remember that we will all win on the long run.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by seunskills: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2016
michV:
@yemdogg and @thesoj i am just looking at the post but loss of thoughts and ideas.my head is full,emotion down.yes get that moniker @seunskills,we need him now.i think when i sleep and wake up tmrw,i ll be full of thoughts concerning this issue but for now my head is scattered. @NonelikeGod thanks.....

Sorry for the late reply chief, I'm just catching up on the happenings on this thread at this time (12midnight) since I checked last on Monday. I'll get contact info from my office protocol department concerning foreign affairs and PM the outcome tomorrow.

We'll all win!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 12:05am On Aug 18, 2016
If the person has an extremely compelling "purpose of visit" then this should offset having little to no personal assets. I know two people around that age bracket that got their TRVs without including any personal asset whatsoever. Their applications however were put together extremely well. Their SOPs too were extremely strong.

VOs sometimes even use "personal assets" to refuse some people with plenty personal assets if the rest of the application is not convincing. My view is that anyone above 27 without personal assets just needs to prepare a more convincing and very very professional looking app.

My younger bro who got his TRV last year, for example, did not have any personal assets and didn't have a job (but he did a lot of freelance work for which we provided proof) and his bank statement only contained money that the sponsor deposited at the last minute (which we explained to the VO). The thing though is that we came out clean to the VO that he was freelancing and didn't make a lot of money doing it because he was so passionate about what he liked to do in spite of the little money he made. The SOP we submitted was very convincing. He also submitted a very detailed resume showing all his projects. We included in the app lots of proof of the projects.

michV:
Please i need an answer from any single not married successful persons within this age of 27yrs old.we are about to prepare a Study permit application and does an applicant who finish service October 2014 and working since February 2015 till date need personal assets like land/shares cert considering the age and period of working?.this particular situation has not been understandable clearly to me.. Im concerned particularly if an applicant of 27yrs old needs personal asset to show sufficient home ties to motivate return
plz i need help

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:12am On Aug 18, 2016
seunskills:

Sorry for the late reply chief, I'm just catching up on the happenings on this thread at this time (12midnight) since I checked last on Monday. I'll get contact info from my office protocol department concerning foreign affairs and PM the outcome tomorrow.

We'll all win!

Thank you baba.....I knew we could count on you. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Austinpee4: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2016
michV:
you don't have your transcrpits? I thought initially it was WES evaluation

You can use this WES tool http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp . It's easy and will help you calculate your GPA on the 4.0 scale which most north american sch use. hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jimaktol: 3:58am On Aug 18, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Cocosmite: 5:42am On Aug 18, 2016
yemdogg, team12, thesoj, solo8, tnuola, darefestus, hayqinsbFX, and veterans of the game please advice

Cocosmite:
Given that Canadian admission deadline dates vary for Canadian students and International students.
For a person who is still in Nigeria BUT whom already has a valid Canadian student visa but didn't travel . Can he apply while in Nigeria for another course (for winter 2017) that has already exceeded it's International student deadline but still within the Canadian student deadline.
I don't know if I have described my scenario properly.
Thanks. I appreciate your smart ideas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 6:14am On Aug 18, 2016
michV:
wait you mean you declared your second masters from Uk in ur application?
nah bro,im going to do my second in canada. I did not declare my first

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 6:54am On Aug 18, 2016
brandymcmb:

@yemdogg has said it all

To add to what he said in my own opinion, just keep your graduate secretary posted, foster a good relationship with him/her, he/she would direct you on what to do as time goes by

Some schools even allow students to resume 2-3 weeks after the official resumption date

So you never know, it is well...

I'm grateful.. Brandymcmb

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2016
Jimaktol:
Hello people,

I've been to the united states twice and NEVER over stayed. But unfortunately, my visa got cancelled after my last return trip to Nigeria all because I assisted someone (its a long sorry story). Anyway, I have an admission to a canadian institution now, I want to ask if I should include that I have been to the US, to form travel history. Though I have the cancelled Visa on my old and expired passport, as I have a new one already. Or I should just not mention it in my application. Also, is there anyway the canadian embassy can verify if the visa has been cancelled if I just present the scanned copy I had before cancellation.

Just curious. Thanks.

Mbok come out clean in your application, just show your travel history, it's their discretion to further probe if the visa was cancelled or not

I would have said you should prepare a well detailed explanation of what happened and stating it would never repeat itself but I don't know if that one go be over sabi, other broses on the forum can throw in more input on this

CIC shares info with the US embassy as we have witnessed here repeatedly

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 18, 2016
Austinpee4:

You can use this WES tool http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp . It's easy and will help you calculate your GPA on the 4.0 scale which most north american sch use. hope it helps.
tnx while i go through it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 18, 2016
michV:
every applicant na case by case but some cases are obviously peculiar na why sometimes the thing dey confuse me. inshot these VO no dey look all these documents..even if na me i go dey tire everyday.if i jus flip the one i need to give my approval,i approve jaree.i guess i ll do the needful concerning this case before me

@thesoj don talk am finish

Lol them dey look am o, if them no look am why person documents go dey with them for 17weeks

As thesoj said just prepare a very tight application and leave the rest to God. When you are through with the documents put them in front of you and act like a VO, scrutinize them with all those denial reasons

If you are having doubts on one or two of them then try as much as possible to cover the loophole in that particular area

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by atrapon(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2016
atrapon:
My elders, I greet u all,in d areas of tuition fee, job, cost of living etc, MUN,UREGINA, and UPEI which is better,,,,thank u
abeg na,,,,I no wan call person name oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2016
Hello, I want to apply for a Masters program and can anyone recommend a Uni that doesn't hard copies of credientials, all documents submitted online?

Also, unis with quick admission process as I need an urgent feedback on my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 18, 2016
atrapon:
My elders, I greet u all,in d areas of tuition fee, job, cost of living etc, MUN,UREGINA, and UPEI which is better,,,,thank u

People normally shy away from questions like this because there are a lot of factors involved

But for lowest tuition fee and cost of living pick MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phemswag: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2016
Morning people. Please I'm an HND graduate of
Architecture from a Nigerian Polytechnic desperately
in need of information and would be grateful if you
could share some with me.

1. Can I get a Canadian University with a direct
masters program with my HND result?

2. If yes, please suggest 2 to 3 universities I could
look up online.

3. Do I need to write any other exam before I could
be offered admission for the Masters Program?

4. Can I eventually travel to Canada without an intention to study? I.e To just apply for a visa with intentions to live and work there?

I would really appreciate your prompt responses.

Thanking you in earnest anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2016
Arcayo update my profile- denied.

I think i should just go to dubai for a while.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sebho(m): 8:55am On Aug 18, 2016
Canada o Canada, i choose you because i believe in your system but you choose to delay me 3 times now and now you have exhaust your reason for delaying,hope you will not come out with something funny..i was 23yrs old when i 1st applied now i am going to 25yrs old next year,you have taken almost two yrs...my God wouldn't allow it to complete 2 yrs.
1st application
applied 29th April 2015
delayed 5th June 2015
purpose for delayed
work
purpose of visit
traveling history

2nd application
applied 22 Feb 2016
delayed 4th may 2016
reasons-personal asset
and not explaining relationship to sponsor

3rd application
applied 8th June
medicals 7th July
medicals done 25th July
delayed 5th august
reasons sufficient fund

4th application
applied-application complying
medicals already done
approved oct 5th 2016
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES,BABA GOD NA YOU DEY APPLIED THIS APPLY DIS OWN FOR ME

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sebho(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2016
it is risky,since you don't intend to study better apply for tourist visa.then you become a refugee
phemswag:

look up online.

4. Can I eventually travel to Canada without an intention to study? I.e To just apply for a visa with intentions to live and work there?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by okechukwu101: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2016
Jimaktol:
Hello people,

I've been to the united states twice and NEVER over stayed. But unfortunately, my visa got cancelled after my last return trip to Nigeria all because I assisted someone (its a long sorry story). Anyway, I have an admission to a canadian institution now, I want to ask if I should include that I have been to the US, to form travel history. Though I have the cancelled Visa on my old and expired passport, as I have a new one already. Or I should just not mention it in my application. Also, is there anyway the canadian embassy can verify if the visa has been cancelled if I just present the scanned copy I had before cancellation.

Just curious. Thanks.
Yes they can. There is a part they ask if one has been denied visa or entry into another country or Canada. I think Canadian embassy has an agreement with the US in the area of disclosing information about an applicant.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2016
crazygurl:

Sorry to hear that sis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abmendozer(m): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2016
crazygurl:

cry cry i swear this is a bad news... My heart is beating really fast here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:07am On Aug 18, 2016
phemswag:

look up online.

I don't think you can be admitted into Masters program of Architecture in Canada with HND, you will have to pass through 2yrs pre master b4 you proceed to masters i.e. 4yrs in total......it's only in the UK you can be admitted into Masters program with HND Archy not even in Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akol07: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2016
crazygurl:
Just called vfs, Said my ppt is ready for pick up...I tracked it and saw it was dispatched yesterday...no mail nothing ....went online to track it, it's still showing not started in final decision...

Am just hoping that it's positive cause I did my mediclas and passed it.

People please pray oooo

How many weeks did this take @crazygurl
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kboogie231: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2016
I have been a silent follower of the thread. I started following after I had submitted my application online. I applied for a TRV on 13th June and like some other persons going for a PGD course, I am yet to get a call for medicals too. I have a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering and I applied to Lambton College, Ontario to study Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology.

I have a valid 2 year visitor's visa to Canada that I obtained last year, though I am yet to visit Canada as the visa was issued after the expiration of my vacation. I also have a valid visa to the US and a 2 year visa to the UK also having been to those countries at least 3 times each without overstaying or violating visa conditions.

I believe the visa applications are overwhelming on CIC and they need to find a way to expedite their visa processes. Treating visa applications for this long shows inefficiency not meticulousness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phemswag: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2016
If I want to start up a visa process to Canada, how do I go about it? Not as a student. Maybe just to work and live there...

What are the possible challenges I could face?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akol07: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2016
Kento1234:
Whos going to concordia ?

Hi @Kento, I'm going to Concordia MEng Industrial Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by snoop4dem: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2016
snoop4dem@yahoo.com
dior2016:
Please sir i need more info about ur skl,can i have ur email or another means pls i need help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Crazygurl: April 5th.Conestoga PGD. Medical passed April 18th.Delayed
2. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
3. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
4. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
5. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
6. Ajibade105: April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
7. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

8. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
9. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
10. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
11. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
12. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
13. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
14. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
15. Team16: May 26, University of New Brunswick, PhD, Paper route,Medical Passed Approved August 2nd Congrats
16. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
17. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
18. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
19. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
20. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College, Medical Passed
21. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie UniversityMedical Passed
22. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals Medical Passed
23. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
24. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
25. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:32am On Aug 18, 2016
phemswag:
If I want to start up a visa process to Canada, how do I go about it? Not as a student. Maybe just to work and live there...

What are the possible challenges I could face?
Follow this link
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.