Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006270 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lovesavvi: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
MsLee:
@yemdogg...........my next program start date is September 2017, I don't think i can wait till then. Is it advisable to change my program to enable me get a new admission letter for January 2017?

@ mslee, pls how many weeks is processing time of cambrian college before u get ur addmission letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
lovesavvi:
@ mslee, pls how many weeks is processing time of cambrian college before u get ur addmission letter

It takes like 2 weeks +or -
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
have you checked if theres a visa office for SA applicants in SA

As its said on their site a lot of factors contribute to delay in processing time.
andre99:
Well said, what'll u now say about South Africa processing time of 16weeks does it mean they receive huge applications as well which i think they don't cos an average South African man doesn't leave his country like the way we Nigerians do and they don't av our population as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
thats much o chai....
bjmme:
For those interested in tuition fee payment..Standard chartered takes up to 3wks...just received info about my payment and they charge# 275/c$1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Concordia, Waterloo, Ryerson, Carleton & British Columbia

Which of the unis, it's admission process is quickest (less than a month)?

Please share your experience..Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
They have finally sent my port of entry letter o.....Thank God
NonelikeGod:
They got back to at noon today.
Started sending reminders last Thursday, sent another in Sunday , then sent 3 times yesterday because I kept forgetting to attach a copy of my visa page.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
THANK GOD... IM FINALLY DONE WITH CIC AND THEIR WAHALA... I CAN NOW TRAVEL IN PEACE.....

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
When are you going? have you gotten ur trv
akol07:

Hi @Kento, I'm going to Concordia MEng Industrial Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yesterday CAD to naira (250)
today CAD to naira (270)
tomorrow................... sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
i cant believe my trv took just 6weeks. after all the stories iv seen... its like a super miracle.. i just thank God

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zeongeon: 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
krissein:
Arcayo.. Nice work!

You guys are simply awesome @ the way you turn up for others. Thanks to you all!

I applied for PGC.. Nova Scotia Community College (OH&S) online on 1st June, biometrics 17th June.. No upfront medical, no call for medical yet.
Are you a practicing Occupational Health and Safety professional? I will like to know about the prospects of safety professionals in canada especially international students who acquired a degree or certificate in safety from Canadian university.

You can do me a DM so we can talk on a personal level.

I was thinking Nova Scotia Commu College offers a certificate of accomplishment in the program not a PGC.

Looking forward to Ur DM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
yemdogg:

Boss this is a positive development and i am quite motivated.

I think moniker @seunskills was able to obtain a note verbal from the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs some weeks back. Flowing from this I think he should be able to link us or provide us with channels or avenues to get in touch with the federal ministry of foreign affairs. (Baba seunskills am sorry for calling you out, it's not in my habit buh I strongly feel you can link us or give us meaningful info regarding how to get in touch with the ministry of foreign affairs)

Thesoj thank you for this. I personally have thought about it buh I was really doubtful if anyone would get on board with the idea. I was also mindful of the fact that most masters applicants and PhD applicants are fairly treated with respect attention to their application and timely response from CIC. It's just PGC/PGD applicants that are facing these challenges. So if we can reconcile that and we're able to get some peeps on board not just PGC/PGD applicants it will go along way to assist our cause.
Sincerely, yesterday I was tempted to write Canadian embassy and lodge a complaint with respect the unfair processing times faced by Nigerians.

Michv, lawmerchant where art thou?

I doubt if Foreign Affairs would want do anything about this. I'll rather suggest you individually complain to or tweet the Canadian Immigrantion Minister - John McCallum. If he gets so many complaints, he'll be asking Accra questions.

Below are his contact info:
Twitter: @HonJohnMcCallum
Email: john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca
Telephone: +1-613-992-3921
- LM

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
MsLee:
@yemdogg...........my next program start date is September 2017, I don't think i can wait till then. Is it advisable to change my program to enable me get a new admission letter for January 2017?

You'll only make things more complicated. You should wait to get the outcome of you study visa application first. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
MsLee:

You'll only make things more complicated. You should wait to get the outcome of you study visa application first. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jimaktol:
Hello people,

I've been to the united states twice and NEVER over stayed. But unfortunately, my visa got cancelled after my last return trip to Nigeria all because I assisted someone (its a long sorry story). Anyway, I have an admission to a canadian institution now, I want to ask if I should include that I have been to the US, to form travel history. Though I have the cancelled Visa on my old and expired passport, as I have a new one already. Or I should just not mention it in my application. Also, is there anyway the canadian embassy can verify if the visa has been cancelled if I just present the scanned copy I had before cancellation.

Just curious. Thanks.

Unfortunately, you can't hide this information from the Canadian VIsa Officers. If you don't disclose it, they'll find out cause they share information with US. So be honest and transparent about your application. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pls does anyone knows how much it would cost me to send a document to Canada via courier? The cheapest cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
Law Merchant will I see you when I get to Ottawa so you can guide me in my job search? My course is LLM Global Sustainability and Environmental Law....enough cash waiting for me in this field abi?

lawmerchant:

Unfortunately, you can't hide this information from the Canadian VIsa Officers. If you don't disclose it, they'll find out cause they share information with US. So be honest and transparent about your application. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
lawmerchant:

I doubt if Foreign Affairs would want do anything about this. I'll rather suggest you individually complain to or tweet the Canadian Immigrantion Minister - John McCallum. If he gets so many complaints, he'll be asking Accra questions.

Below are his contact info:
Twitter: @HonJohnMcCallum
Email: john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca
Telephone: +1-613-992-3921
- LM

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
KayPapi:

I'm not sure if any of the universities can process your admission under a month. I got masters offer to Concordia in 2013 and it took nothing less than 3 months. I reapplied there again early this year the same issue. Ryerson denied me admission. for masters this year after almost 3 months. I have applied to ubc since June against 2017 January, they are yet to respond. Although I have already applied for study permit using western university. I don't have first hand experience about waterloo n Carleton but you should can check their site.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
yemdogg:
Pls does anyone knows how much it would cost me to send a document to Canada via courier? The cheapest cheesy
Last time I used FedEx which was about 2 months ago, it was about N13040. Not sure how much it will be now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
KayPapi:

I applied into the University of Waterloo and the admission process took exactly 3months although I was denied admission. I think it's only colleges you can get who's admission processes take less than a month. I know all friend who got admission into one of the colleges within 2weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ymc007:

Last time I used FedEx which was about 2 months ago, it was about N13040. Not sure how much it will be now

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Victory1989(m): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
Please house! I just got an email that my CIC account has been updated...I mi immediately log in to my acct and find out that no update has been sent to my account.....

Note am yet to get a medical call mail...do u think it for medical mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
May God almighty heal our land ooooooooooooooooooooo........ Canadian Dollar to naira is now 274.........wetin Buhari đey do now......no wonder VO dey delay our application. Dollar isn't stable at all....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
yemdogg:

Try TNT, have used them twice, fast and reliable, cost 8k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

Soon after I posted my scared.com, I woke up and I had a mail from CIC only to check my linked up account that my application is closed and approved.

I applied on the 27th of June with Upfront medicals tho I was as sacred AF.

It took 7weeks and three days. I'll update the house when I'm relaxed cuz im just trembling with tears of Joy directed to God for his mercy in my life. To all TRV hopefuls, the best is yet to come.

This was my first application.

Thank Jehovah

21 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Victory1989:
Please house! I just got an email that my CIC account has been updated...I mi immediately log in to my acct and find out that no update has been sent to my account.....

Note am yet to get a medical call mail...do u think it for medical mail

Can't say for sure till the update eventually appears, give it a bit of time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by fizzle123: 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good Afternoon;

I have been a silent follower of the thread. I will like to ask a quick question; I was sent an email telling me that I had a new message. I logged in to see that my application has been approved. However, I tracked on the VFS site and it still says that my passport is still being processed. Typically, how long does it take to get my passport back or have the status change on the VFS site?

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
I dont have enough funding to cover my expense.

Just that.

quote author=michV post=48585999]sorry babe..so disheartening! what was the reason stated in the letter?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Was it masters or pgd?

quote author=Iggynasia post=48596559]Hello everyone,

Soon after I posted my scared.com, I woke up and I had a mail from CIC only to check my linked up account that my application is closed and approved.

I applied on the 27th of June with Upfront medicals tho I was as sacred AF.

It took 7weeks and three days. I'll update the house when I'm relaxed cuz im just trembling with tears of Joy directed to God for his mercy in my life. To all TRV hopefuls, the best is yet to come.

This was my first application.

Thank Jehovah[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
rheginarh:

Try TNT, have used them twice, fast and reliable, cost 8k
Try Nipost....just 600 naira. A friend used it last month. They will deliver ur parcel within 7 working days

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.