Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive (45859 Views)

10 Ways To Keep A Boring Relationship Alive / Men Only: SEX, Approaching, Chatting, Keeping a Conversation, Last Long in Bed. / 15 Happenings When You're In A Long Distance Relationship With A Girl (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by sparkwil(m): 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
Urm night calls, be kinky, dnt be too holier Dan thou..

Tell him u miss him, u want him so badly. Etc.

Phew. Am so tired of all dem how are u, have u eatn talks. Bores me to death

grin grin
Word
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Evanescent: 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bhella5:
Na lie
try it tonight
You airtime go just catch fire!!
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by praxisnetworks: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2016
lyn!!

EggovinMma:
Or when I noticed he hasn't called me for hours like he use to,I will just naked,,place my phone on the floor and set the timer . Of course spread my legs apart, and send it to his whatsapp.

Believe me, the pings afterwards is legendary! undecided undecided undecided
"Baby I'm harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd he would say. undecided
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by domopps(m): 12:02am On Apr 03, 2016
pweetychyka:

Very informative tips!
It really will go a long way! But then wat if d guy in question doesn't key into d video call or chat thing?

Discover what works 4 him and explore it!

Must she tell you everything..........

When you have a d!ck close to ur clict does anyone tells you where to put it.....sorry had 2 say that but not my usual way

All the best!

Cheeeeeers

2 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by mrlaw93(m): 12:04am On Apr 03, 2016
1. communication
2. communication + be dirty on fone
3. communication + reveal ur daily escapade
4. communication + be romantic on fone. this is almost like being dirty bt a bit different.

The watch word is communication. Never loose it. And never make it boring.

Just my piece.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Bhella5(m): 12:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Evanescent:

try it tonight
You airtime go just catch fire!!
Chai how will i connect to my Amarachi now?
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Brunel(m): 12:11am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:
I need some help on how to keep my long distance relationship alive. We've been together for almost 2 years, the first year we were in the same city but he moved away almost a year ago. We've been fighting so much and with our wedding next July it's worrying. I was hoping I can get some ideas on keeping the romance in our relationship.

Communicate DAILY. Open and honest communication
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Evanescent: 12:15am On Apr 03, 2016
Bhella5:
Chai how will i connect to my Amarachi now?
lol
blame NCC fine.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 03, 2016
Cutehector:
Urm night calls, be kinky, dnt be too holier Dan thou..

Tell him u miss him, u want him so badly. Etc.

Phew. Am so tired of all dem how are u, have u eatn talks. Bores me to death
Funny U! A frnd once asked me y I didn't call her 4 some time, I had 2 tell her dat wat else does she av 2 say if nt 'Aw was ur day & av u eaten tinz' I nid mature talks.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Cutehector(m): 12:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Adegbenro7643:

Funny U! A frnd once asked me y I didn't call her 4 some time, I had 2 tell her dat wat else does she av 2 say if nt 'Aw was ur day & av u eaten tinz' I nid mature talks.
very very nice reply. Such people are so so timid. They can't say nutty things on fone. It's very anoyin. They are scared of u thinkn dat they r spoilt hence they wana be very careful with their choice of words.

3 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Kelvin125(m): 12:18am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
It can be really frustrating and boring at a point i tell you but a distant relationship that survives only grows stronger. I'll share some of my personal tips from experience with you which has helped and is still keeping us going.
1. Visit each other; if you're lucky to be in the same country, visit each other. And if in different countries, still visit. Spend time and money on travels.

2. Video calls/ chats; being able to see each other regularly and talking about EVERYTHING develops intimacy. Send photos, take shots specifically for him.

3. Make an effort and be determined to make things work; if he's a very busy dude like mine, my sister you have to really try. U jst have to pin him down to get things sorted. The longer issues linger, the gap becomes wider.

4. Keep yourself busy; focus on your life too, develop yourself... apart from the personal benefits you gain from this, it tends to take your mind off the thoughts of him for a while. And i'm sure he'll even respect u more for that.

5. Set some rules; in my case, i made it a standard that we should never sleep over a disagreement. We must settle it before it before we both go to bed...i've gone to bed 3am on an occassion because we just had to straighten out things.
We know each other's schedule for the whole day

6.talk dirty to each other and be very romantic; you know what to do tongue
Plus, tell him when you're angry or unhappy about anything because he is not with you physically to see your expressions.

These are the ones i remember for now, i hope they were helpful? Hang in there sis
this my sister must be an Igbo because only Igbos have sense like this. The rest are packets of salt
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by nkemdi89(f): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Considering the economic situation of the country, the quest for greener pastures has led most partners to live apart, it's all about understanding. My childhood friend in the army always watsapp me to call the wife that he is online due to his inability to make voice call in borno. The important thing is for both parties to be busy as that tend to reduce boredom, what if your partner is always on transfer, does it mean you will relocate every where with him or her?.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:26am On Apr 03, 2016
joshing:

Walahi I wan date u...dt ur final point is da bomb..thumbs up

Lol, thanks dear
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by nwanwaoge(m): 12:26am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
It can be really frustrating and boring at a point i tell you but a distant relationship that survives only grows stronger. I'll share some of my personal tips from experience with you which has helped and is still keeping us going.
1. Visit each other; if you're lucky to be in the same country, visit each other. And if in different countries, still visit. Spend time and money on travels.

2. Video calls/ chats; being able to see each other regularly and talking about EVERYTHING develops intimacy. Send photos, take shots specifically for him.

3. Make an effort and be determined to make things work; if he's a very busy dude like mine, my sister you have to really try. U jst have to pin him down to get things sorted. The longer issues linger, the gap becomes wider.

4. Keep yourself busy; focus on your life too, develop yourself... apart from the personal benefits you gain from this, it tends to take your mind off the thoughts of him for a while. And i'm sure he'll even respect u more for that.

5. Set some rules; in my case, i made it a standard that we should never sleep over a disagreement. We must settle it before it before we both go to bed...i've gone to bed 3am on an occassion because we just had to straighten out things.

Plus, tell him when you're angry or unhappy about anything because he is not with you physically to see your expressions.

These are the ones i remember for now, i hope they were helpful? Hang in there sis
. I respect ur ideas...nice 1

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:27am On Apr 03, 2016
Chinatownm:

ur head is owambe, sorry ur head is dia
All join, thank u grin
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Taryur3(m): 12:29am On Apr 03, 2016
Let me contact my elder sister when her fiancee buh husband now left her for overseas for 5yrs...she only visited him once and they are happily married with kids now.I will be back
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:31am On Apr 03, 2016
pweetychyka:

Very informative tips!
It really will go a long way! But then wat if d guy in question doesn't key into d video call or chat thing?
Then, how do u guys communicate? He can't be too busy to talk to you for even 15mins a day now. Fine, the video calls can be fixed somehow not the chats...communication is what holds the relationship dear.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:32am On Apr 03, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Big thumbs up Layla ... This is just 100% key ....
Should I fall in love ever again ... You'll be my tutor cheesy
I'll be here darling, thanks grin
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by BackOff(m): 12:32am On Apr 03, 2016
Fulanigirl

I quite understand your current state.
However, I want to let you know that it is something that can be controlled.

One major reason why you both fight when apart is that one or both of you have trust issues. Believe me it can destroy any relationship (both long distance and close relationships).
If one keeps bringing in comments that tend to question the other's commitment, either the other is guilty or not, they'll find a way of exonerating themselves. It may be by just getting angry or doing some silly stuffs or even putting in some kind of provoking reply, and fight begins.

So what should you do?

1. Do you have defined purpose or goal concerning the relationship? Yes, I know you said you're both planning to get married. But is the purpose for your intended marriage clearly defined?

2. Is he trustworthy? Marriage is a long-term relationship. So you must at least be sure of certain traits in your would-be spouse; one of them is trust.

3. Are you trustworthy too? You can lie to everyone but you cannot lie to yourself.

4. Are you sure you are not the annoying one in the relationship? Check yourself very well to be sure. If you are, quickly make amends; that way, he'll see the changes in you and your relationship would have been saved.
If he's the annoying one, and you're sure the things you did at those times you've fought each other shouldn't have provoked him, then he needs special counseling.

If your purpose is clearly defined, both of you can find a way of trusting one another and fix the issue of asking needless annoying questions, it'll most probably work out for you two.

In long distance relationships, you must completely trust one another irrespective of what outsiders say.
So, stay if you can both trust each other and leave if one or both can't.

Add the things Layla said in the earlier post and you're good to go.

All the best dear.

PS: I'm also in a long distance relationship and this thing works irrespective of what majority might say; but it only works when both parties are committed to it.

All the best dear.

5 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:33am On Apr 03, 2016
MzThormi:

This is just my bf and I. It will surely work.
wink
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:34am On Apr 03, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Exactly ma dear.

I don't even feel the distance, we talk like we are together, play same way, talk naughty, no matter how much we fight, we always find a balance, and finally transparency is utmost important, trust is one of the things that kills long distance relationship, so try and be transparent to him.
Best of luck.

Communication is key. Keep it up sis
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Adedayo97(m): 12:35am On Apr 03, 2016
Wth God everytin is possible
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:36am On Apr 03, 2016
Kelvin125:

this my sister must be an Igbo because only Igbos have sense like this. The rest are packets of salt
So, ayam a packet of salt?? cry
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:37am On Apr 03, 2016
nwanwaoge:
. I respect ur ideas...nice 1

Thank you dear kiss

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by wiringdpt(m): 12:43am On Apr 03, 2016
Thanks
layla129:

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Chommieblaq(f): 12:44am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

Communication is key. Keep it up sis

Tanx Dear!

Ur advice will be of great help to her.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Kelvin125(m): 12:46am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
So, ayam a packet of salt?? cry
if you are not an Igbo, try to marry one. Check my signature
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by RuggedAngel: 12:47am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:52am On Apr 03, 2016
Kelvin125:

if you are not an Igbo, try to marry one. Check my signature
Lol, thanks anyway
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:53am On Apr 03, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Tanx Dear!

Ur advice will be of great help to her.

Glad i could help kiss
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:54am On Apr 03, 2016
wiringdpt:
Thanks
You're welcome
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

You're welcome
You are as beautiful as your intellect. I owe you a drink ma'am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Does This Lady Really Mean? / 12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship / What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.