Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive (45853 Views)

10 Ways To Keep A Boring Relationship Alive / Men Only: SEX, Approaching, Chatting, Keeping a Conversation, Last Long in Bed. / 15 Happenings When You're In A Long Distance Relationship With A Girl (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Ugojames:

If only my ex knew some of these things we would pea ahoy still be together
Did you try on your part? If you did, there's a chance she would have reciprocated
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

thanks for this.
I initially thought am too emotional or weird because this is exactly the way I relate with my lady. you gave a perfect description of my relationship, just that we've not been able to visit each other, but we do others.

Happy for you...its not easy. Put the visit on your to do list smiley
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by mart2k(m): 11:21am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
It can be really frustrating and boring at a point i tell you but a distant relationship that survives only grows stronger. I'll share some of my personal tips from experience with you which has helped and is still keeping us going.
1. Visit each other; if you're lucky to be in the same country, visit each other. And if in different countries, still visit. Spend time and money on travels.

2. Video calls/ chats; being able to see each other regularly and talking about EVERYTHING develops intimacy. Send photos, take shots specifically for him.

3. Make an effort and be determined to make things work; if he's a very busy dude like mine, my sister you have to really try. U jst have to pin him down to get things sorted. The longer issues linger, the gap becomes wider.

4. Keep yourself busy; focus on your life too, develop yourself... apart from the personal benefits you gain from this, it tends to take your mind off the thoughts of him for a while. And i'm sure he'll even respect u more for that.

5. Set some rules; in my case, i made it a standard that we should never sleep over a disagreement. We must settle it before it before we both go to bed...i've gone to bed 3am on an occassion because we just had to straighten out things.
We know each other's schedule for the whole day

6.talk dirty to each other and be very romantic; you know what to do tongue
Plus, tell him when you're angry or unhappy about anything because he is not with you physically to see your expressions.

These are the ones i remember for now, i hope they were helpful? Hang in there sis
Rubbish
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Heartmender101(m): 11:21am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
It can be really frustrating and boring at a point i tell you but a distant relationship that survives only grows stronger. I'll share some of my personal tips from experience with you which has helped and is still keeping us going.
1. Visit each other; if you're lucky to be in the same country, visit each other. And if in different countries, still visit. Spend time and money on travels.

2. Video calls/ chats; being able to see each other regularly and talking about EVERYTHING develops intimacy. Send photos, take shots specifically for him.

3. Make an effort and be determined to make things work; if he's a very busy dude like mine, my sister you have to really try. U jst have to pin him down to get things sorted. The longer issues linger, the gap becomes wider.

4. Keep yourself busy; focus on your life too, develop yourself... apart from the personal benefits you gain from this, it tends to take your mind off the thoughts of him for a while. And i'm sure he'll even respect u more for that.

5. Set some rules; in my case, i made it a standard that we should never sleep over a disagreement. We must settle it before it before we both go to bed...i've gone to bed 3am on an occassion because we just had to straighten out things.

Plus, tell him when you're angry or unhappy about anything because he is not with you physically to see your expressions.

These are the ones i remember for now, i hope they were helpful? Hang in there sis
. I totally agree with you and in addition do not put pressure on him too take it step by step and twil survive...

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

Keep masturbating with your thoughts. wink wink
Emptiness.. Like a big empty drum stacked up among filled ones.. This truly, is your life in front of you
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 11:32am On Apr 03, 2016
oluangelkay:
Layla you are totally correct. Mine has been 4yrs now. We do have problems but whenever the problems arise, always try to sort things out immediately. It helps a lot. And b very romantic, tease him with romantic words, tell him how much u miss him. Whenever am cooking delicious meal, I always inform him, telling him what he is missing at home. And when he complains about wanting to eat my good. The answer will always be, if u really want to eat,then come back home. Always remind him what he is missing at home. And also don't complain too much. Encourage him to always do well.

Cool smiley
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2016
mart2k:
Rubbish
Thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2016
OrangeDream:
Emptiness.. Like a big empty drum stacked up among filled ones.. This truly, is your life in front of you

Continue your cries. What a woman!
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by buoye1(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

Beginning of the fall of many distance relationships is just no6 .....Alot ignores that vital point...

May God help you
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

Continue your cries. What a woman!
You are less than a woman
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2016
OrangeDream:
You are less than a woman

cheesy cheesy
I know you like ME . BUT abusing me instead of showing love won't solve your perversion.
Show me some love, I may yet send one if my unwashed pants to calm your nerves down a bit. kiss
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Alani86: 11:55am On Apr 03, 2016
fartkay:

U re right dou, u might ve define it ur own way (being dirty) bo I know wat I mean as well as she knows d kind of dirty talk she can engage me with. Am not promoting iniquity, and am not ridiculing her standard and profile, am only expressing d length you can go to save a distance relationship. Mind u its on her desk, d lady must do all that it takes to maintain and sustain her relationship. Just any means. Mind u I mean no harm

"Mind u its on her desk, d lady must do all that it takes to maintain and sustain her relationship."; even if it'll take her to hell? Should we displease God while trying to please men? I don't think so!

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by barnabas91: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2016
Bluezy13:
She is asking for a way to intensify their romance regarding the long distance....

But comments above...
Seems they reason with their anus.

And here comes Layla with some sense.

oga ade
which one u see talk for d matter now
undecided:>
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Alani86: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:

Wonderful, she sounds like a gem

You can say that again my dear sister! I know God just had mercy on me by sending her my way. I do not merit her person at all. The gap is too wide. But, I think God looked into my future and dealt mercifully with me. It's God that makes one beautiful. The level at which you allow His glory to radiate within you determines our beautiful/virtuous/wonderful your life will become.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Alani86: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

I don't make life unbearable for him, and if i use abusive words on him, I suggests he tries another. That's if he can't stand me. I don't hold the keys to any man's heart, because I can't stand that idea.I only accept those that impress me and not the other way round.

Well, words of wisdom are only meant for those whose hearts are receptive!
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Bluezy13(m): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
barnabas91:

oga ade which one u see talk for d matter now undecided:>
Observer na...
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Alani86:

Well, words of wisdom are only meant for those whose hearts are receptive!

Maybe. ...
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by OlujobaSamuel: 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

Happy for you...its not easy. Put the visit on your to do list smiley
I wish to, but not having financial capacity due to some other things for now and the time also. with the foreign exchange crisis, I might need close to 1.5m to do that. But I try to satisfy her is other ways I can, and we do exchange gift to celebrate memorable moments.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

thanks for this insight
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
I'll be here darling, thanks grin
coolYwc
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

cheesy cheesy
I know you like ME . BUT abusing me instead of showing love won't solve your perversion.
Show me some love, I may yet send one if my unwashed pants to calm your nerves down a bit. kiss
I don't do prostitutes.. I don't do cheap gurls.. I don't do low lifers.. I don't do perverts... So, no thank you.. My gurl is way way above your cliq
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:
Long distance relationship is the best for me oo. Love it!
It takes only plenty of communication and understanding.

chop kiss babygrin

2 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

Why not? !
Not to see my man for 2 months without giving him a hint about my body missing him atleast?
Lol, we have to discuss about that and find a quick solution to it wink wink wink.
I'm almost 10 hours drive away from him, so you don't expect me not to show how how bad I miss him you know! So whenever I do those crazy things, he knows immidiately that I'm pissed off! I bet he drops immidiately whatever he is doing and give me some needed attention.

why I no go send him my boobi?

no be him get am ni?

bobo....oya come and take jo
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:
Or when I noticed he hasn't called me for hours like he use to,I will just naked,,place my phone on the floor and set the timer . Of course spread my legs apart, and send it to his whatsapp.

Believe me, the pings afterwards is legendary! undecided undecided undecided
"Baby I'm harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd he would say. undecided

na to tell you say 'I'm shaking babygrin'

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
5starmilitant:
The guy should just try to make mega money anywhere he is. As long as there's money, women will always loyal like loya milk. No matter the distance.

guy hear me well

no be all babes dey after guy money

ti danu o jeecheesy
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Exactly ma dear.

I don't even feel the distance, we talk like we are together, play same way, talk naughty, no matter how much we fight, we always find a balance, and finally transparency is utmost important, trust is one of the things that kills long distance relationship, so try and be transparent to him.
Best of luck.

gbayi baby girl: D
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
mrlaw93:
1. communication
2. communication + be dirty on fone
3. communication + reveal ur daily escapade
4. communication + be romantic on fone. this is almost like being dirty bt a bit different.

The watch word is communication. Never loose it. And never make it boring.

Just my piece.

Bleep him make him cum kiakia o Jerecheesy
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kelvin125:

this my sister must be an Igbo because only Igbos have sense like this. The rest are packets of salt

lmaogrin
so na only IBO sabi do abi?

dey Dr oooo kikikicheesy
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I wish to, but not having financial capacity due to some other things for now and the time also. with the foreign exchange crisis, I might need close to 1.5m to do that. But I try to satisfy her is other ways I can, and we do exchange gift to celebrate memorable moments.
Aww dats sweet enough
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by francizy(m): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
OrangeDream:
I don't do prostitutes.. I don't do cheap gurls.. I don't do low lifers.. I don't do perverts... So, no thank you.. My gurl is way way above your cliq

So have you patronized her before that you came to the conclusion she's a hoe? Stop insulting people about like a kid. I bet you're above 30, so act like it.. angry
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
just2okworld:

thanks for this insight
Glad i could help wink
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by just2okworld(f): 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

: undecided Such an irrelevant person!
ignore him Jeregrin he only craves for attention

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Househelp Shows How Life Has Changed After Landing Oyinbo Hubby (pics) / What Does This Lady Really Mean? / 12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.