Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. (1850 Views)

Can She Be Taken Serious??? / Stunts Ladies Who Are 25+ Shouldn't Be Pulling / She Said This To Me; Should She Be Taken Serious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
Is it just me or does anyone else think we attach too much importance to dating? I think we mistake it for courtship.

Honestly, it breaks my heart to see people assess their BF/GF's suitability as a partner in an marriage when they're just dating.

That was the real reason I decided to hang boots because it is becoming impossible to see a girl that will just date you without thinking about marriage all the time. They take dating way too serious. Many of them don't seem to know that dating and courting aren't the same.

The modern dating system which practice today has only been around for less than a century, and to me, it is devil's version of the old courtship that intending couples do.

The couple back then and few that still do it concentrate on developing a deep friendship that could lead to marriage, as they discern their readiness for marriage and God’s timing for their marriage but dating?.....hah! It is just the thing that happen when too adults come together to chill out and possibly bang without getting their hearts involved.

Dating can start today and end next week, month or year but because we take it for what it is not, it now ends in many hurts, heartbreaks, scars, and loss of life. It shouldn't be so.

I am not saying that it is impossible to find a suitable partner while dating, ofcourse there's a possibility of you stumbling on your perfect partner while playing in the field but that isn't the main goal.

Dating is strictly for fun, keep your feeling aside. It is for adults that can handle it. It is the thing we do while trying to satisfy our selfish goals of having fun and enjoying romantic attachments. And it ends there. I don't get why people see dating as time to search for “The One.”

When you ask a lady out, she will check your age, financial status, maturity, height etc but all these doesn't matter in dating.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
OP what are you yelling about when Madrid just been barca.. biko go and sleep,,, embarassed or

smellymouth come and put mouth
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Smellymouth: 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hhhmmm
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
#yawns.....
#flys_outta_thread
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by myfantasies(f): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
But relationship leads to marriage undecided
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
BreadandBeans:
OP what are you yelling about when Madrid just been barca.. biko go and sleep,,, embarassed or

smellymouth come and put mouth
Wetin concern me and Madrid?
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bornita:
#yawns.....

#flys_outta_thread
Please yawn with your mouth alone because a yawn from your exhaust pipe can cause Lalasticlala to ban himself unknowingly.

1 Like

Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
myfantasies:
But relationship leads to marriage undecided
I honestly don't get what you mean.

Please shed a lil light.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by myfantasies(f): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
I honestly don't get what you mean.

Please shed a lil light.
U said we should not take relationships serious

If we don't take relationships serious den how r we going to get married

Good nd serious relationships lead to marriage
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hmm smh
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Daniel2289(m): 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
Sometimes dat fun can leads to seriousness.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by MzPecs(f): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
I see...
So it's meant to be friendship first and then God's willing, it'll lead to courtship and after that marriage.

Hmmmmmm..
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Bluezy13(m): 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
Just passing...
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
myfantasies:

Well, I asked you clarify because relationship means many things.

It could be dating, friendship, courtship, even those that bleep married folks are in a relationship with them and you and I know that they are less likely to get marriaed but I ain't talking about them, rather I am talking about the modern system of dating.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
Daniel2289:
Sometimes dat fun can leads to seriousness.
Yea. Some good bokoharams sometimes do help their captives to escape but we all know their mission.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
BumBae:
Hmm smh
Please goan shake your hip on another thread.

I am not seduceableangryangry
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Mediapace: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
Abi o
myfantasies:

Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Please goan shake your hip on another thread.

I am not seduceableangryangry
Wish i had hips to shake undecided
Lol why u so tensed tonight wt happen grin

U no want make i ginger ur topic ni
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by myfantasies(f): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Well, I asked you clarify because relationship means many things.

It could be dating, friendship, courtship, even those that bleep married folks are in a relationship with them and you and I know that they are less likely to get marriaed but I ain't talking about them, rather I am talking about the modern system of dating.
Hmmmmm

So wats wrong with the modern system of dating
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by myfantasies(f): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Mediapace:
Abi o
Frm dis moment on we r no longer friends, until you do d needful angry angry
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
MzPecs:
I see...
So it's meant to be friendship first and then God's willing, it'll lead to courtship and after that marriage.

Hmmmmmm..
What to do when you're serious bout someone is to plant the seed of friendship and let it grow.

Whatever it produces, take it.

There's this Nland bae that was flashing green light and I decided to protect her ego by making a move.

I acted like I wasn't aware of all her flashingcheesy and asked for her contact.

I called her the first day and we got talking and she asked me how old I am.

I told her the honest truth and she was like "ah! And Igbo's marry at 35, that means you won't until the next ******years"

My dear, she no near me again.

Supposing I lied to her, she would have left her bra in my house the first day, her skirt the second day and before you know it, her clothes will outnumber my own in my wardrobe and boom! We are living together.

It shouldn't be so.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
BumBae:

Wish i had hips to shake undecided
Lol why u so tensed tonight wt happen grin

U no want make i ginger ur topic ni
Bum dey ur moniker and you no get hip?

Where are they hanging? What's supporting them?
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by thecultivateur(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Why date when u can simply do a research on her once you get to know her. In our igbo culture, it's simply known as "Iju ese" No need of wasting time. undecided
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Bum dey ur moniker and you no get hip?

Where are they hanging? What's supporting them?
It just God grin

Kinglekan can explain it for u

But back to the matter at hand undecided oga dis topic no make sense .. Calm down, pls just read it well how can be just for fun .. Pls take note the word you used is JUST ..

1 Like

Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by MzPecs(f): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
What to do when you're serious bout someone is to plant the seed of friendship and let it grow.

Whatever it produces, take it.

There's this Nland bae that was flashing green light and I decided to protect her ego by making a move.

I acted like I wasn't aware of all her flashingcheesy and asked for her contact.

I called her the first day and we got talking and she asked me how old I am.

I told her the honest truth and she was like "ah! And Igbo's marry at 35, that means you won't until the next ******years"

My dear, she no near me again.

Supposing I lied to her, she would have left her bra in my house the first day, her skirt the second day and before you know it, her clothes will outnumber my own in my wardrobe and boom! We are living together.

It shouldn't be so.
Spot on @ the embolden.

What an experience! Truly dating is just for fun.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
myfantasies:
Hmmmmm

So wats wrong with the modern system of dating
Nothing, if you're ready for it. It becomes a problem when

1. You're Young. Imagine a young man or woman in their early teens that instead of enjoying their teen years as they build skills and character, they are getting distracted into the quagmire of relationships that they are not equipped to conduct.

2. When you mistake it for courtship.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
thecultivateur:
Why date when u can simply do a research on her once you get to know her. In our igbo culture, it's simply known as "Iju ese" No need of wasting time. undecided
Aswear.

Juo ese then buo mmai. Ogwuchala.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by myfantasies(f): 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Nothing, if you're ready for it. It becomes a problem when

1. You're Young. Imagine a young man or woman in their early teens that instead of enjoying their teen years as they build skills and character, they are getting distracted into the quagmire of relationships that they are not equipped to conduct.

2. When you mistake it for courtship.
Wat is quagmire
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
BumBae:

It just God grin

Kinglekan can explain it for u

But back to the matter at hand undecided oga dis topic no make sense .. Calm down, pls just read it well how can be just for fun .. Pls take note the word you used is JUST ..

Dating is just for fun, nothing else. If it leads to marriage then praise God, good accidents happen.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Dating is just for fun, nothing else. If it leads to marriage then praise God, good accidents happen.
But you to take it serious to a degree whether you like it or not .. Even one night stand seff get seriousness
I.e after dat one night you get a ohone call " hello it bumi Im pregnant" * nollywood back ground music drops *

Pls is that not serious undecided grin u seff check am well
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Tallesty1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
BumBae:

But you to take it serious to a degree whether you like it or not .. Even one night stand seff get seriousness
I.e after dat one night you get a ohone call " hello it bumi Im pregnant" * nollywood back ground music drops *

Pls is that not serious undecided grin u seff check am well
You don see where cockrel dey pursue hen? You noticed the serious?

Good, it ends once his selfish goal which I believe you know has been achieved.
Re: Dating Is Just For Fun And Shouldn't Be Taken Serious. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
You don see where cockrel dey pursue hen? You noticed the serious?

Good, it ends once his selfish goal which I believe you know has been achieved.
Yh but not ended if she knocking on his door tho ...

Ok lets disagree to agree

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible For Your Boyfriend To Love You Even If He Thinks You're Ugly? / R / Will She Still Come Back? After I Have Strip Her Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.