Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,446 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv (6621 Views)

I Think My Girlfriend Is In Love With Someone Else.. / "I Think I Am A Lesbian, I Need Help Please! " / Pls Yorubas Help Me Translate This To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by wolfgangg(m): 2:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
lol we are working opposite shifts, i work all night at the hospital, and he is at work an hour before I get home, we won't cross paths till tuesday!
Fine' wait till Tuesday.... don't be in a haste to make a decision that might not work out fine!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:

the beginning of the message she called him her husband and asked him not to be angry with her. Then ended it with the yoruba. She is the mother of my husbands child, conceived 5 years before we met. He said that she cheated so he didn't marry her.
To me it sounds like he is married to her, and lied to me I am not, nor will I ever be ok with that.
please come and marry me I will be faithful to u
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:

the beginning of the message she called him her husband and asked him not to be angry with her. Then ended it with the yoruba. She is the mother of my husbands child, conceived 5 years before we met. He said that she cheated so he didn't marry her.
To me it sounds like he is married to her, and lied to me I am not, nor will I ever be ok with that.
She might just be trying to get back with him.
I believe you're still together while she is far away from both of you.
This means he can't possibly have anything to do with her.

Why not try and get his own explanation about the message.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Laws a massy!!!
Do ya'll see the dudes on here that don't want this translated so this cheating man can go on so as not ta break up the marriage
It's broke now!!!! He a cheater!!!
This is why I don't like Americans.

Ya'll easily break up marriages. angry

3 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
PushPlay:

Go stand in the corner!
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by OkoAnike(m): 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Laws a massy!!!
Do ya'll see the dudes on here that don't want this translated so this cheating man can go on so as not ta break up the marriage

Who are u?
Some one need help and the help has been offered, if u know too well about the interpretation why come on these platform... The people that owns the Language says this is what it meant, you are here saying something else... U are a Home broker. Get out of this platform. Ok

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:

You say she apologised to him and is asking for forgiveness; that does shed some light on why she's sending this text. She's obviously trying to get into his good graces and sweettalk her way to his heart. Of course, this doesn't mean he's not cheating, but it doesn't mean he is either.

It sounds like you guys have some unresolved trust issues which do need to be sorted out asap. You need to talk to your husband about this to be really sure about your suspicions or you could go undercover and go through their exchange and have those translated as well before making any conclusions.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by OkoAnike(m): 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
banjo022:
please come and marry me I will be faithful to u

Idiot, Get out of here

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
OkoAnike:

Who are u?
Some one need help and the help has been offered, if u know too well about the interpretation why come on these platform... The people that owns the Language says this is what it meant, you are here saying something else... U are a Home broker. Get out of this platform. Ok
Okay Mister. What that say
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by OkoAnike(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Okay Mister. What that say

Be a home keeper, don't be a home breaker... Hence change your ways.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
OkoAnike:

Idiot, Get out of here
who released this ugly dick sync head from d mental clinic
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by OkoAnike(m): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
banjo022:
who released this ugly dick sync head from d mental clinic

My brother, it's unfortunate but God will help you.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
Lol , every day I get scammer messages, i know the game. I am not uneducated, i have spent considerable amount of of time in nigeria, and yes even in the villages.

Might be his mother sending him a message. Most yoruba mums call their male kids "Oko mi" when praising them or doind what we call "oriki".

Be sure it is from the other lady before you act.

Also, sorry about that. Lots of sweet Nigerians, just guess its the assholes most foreigners meet. Those who send you scam messages are not up to 20,000 even if we have to inflate the total number of them .

Just do a fraction and guess what 20k is in a population of 180million people. More like 0.02 % which is very minute to judge an entire country on.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by xtervaganza(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
I am trying, but being so far naija makes it difficult! Although I had a pretty good idea, just wanted to make sure before I explained to my husband that I know his dirty secret, and send him from my house back to naija with just the clothes on his back!
hold up
there

That's an oriki and African mothers usually call their sons oko mi (meaning my husband )

So calm down. No side chick or woman would know his oriki (like the one you put up there)
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by 30secs(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
emmydeep:

with this #okomigate, your husband should resign/step down immediately let me take over. My international passport is on standby, waiting for your endorsement.
Afterall, he is not performing and therefore can not give you the maximum satisfaction you need.

Anyway, happy sunday to you !!!
Don't be stupiiid please!
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Ramanto(m): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
I am trying, but being so far naija makes it difficult! Although I had a pretty good idea, just wanted to make sure before I explained to my husband that I know his dirty secret, and send him from my house back to naija with just the clothes on his back!
YOU DON'T SEEM TO GET IT. SUCH MESSAGES IN THE YORUBA TRIBE ARE SENT BY MOTHERS. DON'T GO BY THE LITERARY TRANSLATION
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Go stand in the corner!
Hell!..I'm here to help her solve her present marital problems.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
PushPlay:

Hell!..I'm here to help her solve her present marital problems.
Then do that an stop tellin' me you hate my kind(as if I cared)
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Then do that an stop tellin' me you hate my kind(as if I cared)

Ooops! Sorry.

I don't hate you.

I just don't like people who don't respect the institution called marriage.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
OkoAnike:

Be a home keeper, don't be a home breaker... Hence change your ways.
PushPlay:

Ooops! Sorry.

I don't hate you.

I just don't like people who don't respect the institution called marriage.
You disrespect an show disregard for that an your partner's love when you cheat.
I'm not the one who disrespected it.....cheaters do.

Infidelity is grounds for divorce.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Dblpleasure(f): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
PushPlay:

ahh, but not all of us, i only ask for his complete fidelity, anything else can be forgiven.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Dblpleasure(f): 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ramanto:

YOU DON'T SEEM TO GET IT. SUCH MESSAGES IN THE YORUBA TRIBE ARE SENT BY MOTHERS. DON'T GO BY THE LITERARY TRANSLATION
I do understand, but do mothers in English also use husband and say how much love the have for each other?
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Ramanto(m): 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
I do understand, but do mothers in English also use husband and say how much love the have for each other?

HUSBAND IN THIS CONTEXT MEANS 'DEAR' IT'S MOSTLY USED BY MOTHERS TO SHOW LOVE TO THEIR CHILDREN. IT'S NORMAL HERE

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
30secs:
You mean your father is? Sory man, have a responsible father next time.
BIG FO.O.O.O.OL
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
30secs:
You mean your father is? Sory man, have a responsible father next time.
BIG FO.O.O.O.OL
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Dblpleasure(f): 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
x240:

Might be his mother sending him a message. Most yoruba mums call their male kids "Oko mi" when praising them or doind what we call "oriki".

Be sure it is from the other lady before you act.

Also, sorry about that. Lots of sweet Nigerians, just guess its the assholes most foreigners meet. Those who send you scam messages are not up to 20,000 even if we have to inflate the total number of them .

Just do a fraction and guess what 20k is in a population of 180million people. More like 0.02 % which is very minute to judge an entire country on.
I know very well it is her, it said it was from her. I agree completely, honestly love love Nigeria, and the Nigerians I have met, give me Palm wine & souya under a tree with the warm sun anyday!.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
I know very well it is her, it said it was from her. I agree completely, honestly love love Nigeria, and the Nigerians I have met, give me Palm wine & souya under a tree with the warm sun anyday!.

Ok good.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by obiak4(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
Lol , every day I get scammer messages, i know the game. I am not uneducated, i have spent considerable amount of of time in nigeria, and yes even in the villages.
take a chill pill if it coming from his mother,sister or friend it a way of praise singing hi.m to do something for them
you could be wrong yoruba people know how to praise-sing someone for favour.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by obiak4(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Laws a massy!!!
serve eleyi ti sunu,si ben por, kafara anya

to whom brain is given sence is expected.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by player007(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dblpleasure:
Sangba fo. Ashiri ti tu o Jesu.
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
Grandma calls me Oko mi. mum calls me Oko mi especially after doing a hard task. . or when im vexed and shes tryna appease her sweet son. . random women call me Oko mi when i greet or help em. . .woman, relax, ur husband maynt be cheating. . . its just like when you say -dear- in yoruba . . . Ose Oko mi - Thank you dear. .
Re: Can Anyone Translate This For Me, I Think I Figured It Out, But I Am Not Positiv by OkoAnike(m): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
You disrespect an show disregard for that an your partner's love when you cheat.
I'm not the one who disrespected it.....cheaters do.

Infidelity is grounds for divorce.

And I want to ask, where is infidelity in all of this, who is the cheater here.... Huummmm
This young man is innocent stop making fire where there is no flame, what did the do? The woman u are talking about is in Nigeria you guys are US.
Let me ask you, are you in Love with the young man and you are looking for a way to have him, because I know what people like you are capable of... Hey go get a home for your self and leave them to work out their life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Teachers Who Will Make You Love Studying(Photos) / New York Dancer Leaks Explicit Photo Of Rapper Dave East Eating Her Bu**(photos) / WARNING: Be Careful With Nigerian Girls. I Almost Got Assaulted Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.