Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29483 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Instead of running up and down to defend your IQ threatening post, i will advise you read more to help your already decaying brain cells before having kids cos i fear for them.

IQ?
Unlike you,I will have girls who would have respect for their husbands.
Unlike you,my girls would be reasonably independent and wont blame men when things go wrong.
Unlike you,my husband would love and respect me because I will be on his neck attimes and go low when neccessary.
Unlike you,my girls would respect their husband and not fight to overthrow them.
You are a feminist,I'm not.
I said those awful things because you did first.I see you and dare2.differ are a team but I still think your ideas are crazy.
Today's my birthday,so let's make peace today to war another day Bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
hmmmm.. deep

Kath5kouture:
Afterall said and done,this African mentality was and is still women's fault. Only women can change this by doing what their mothers never had the GUTS to do. This isnt the 50's for crying out loud and change is constant( by the way feminism is a good change). Looking at our family settings in Africa especially Nigeria,we can see why this trend is so deep-rooted in our culture so don't blame most men. Blame their mothers who failed to teach them how to be responsible towards themselves,women and the society at large. They forgot they aren't just raising a son but a future husband and father!
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by danbrowndmf(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kath5kouture:
If you can't tell difference between a sarcasm and a statement,then you obviously have no mentality at all! undecided BTW where is your sense of humour? Must you take everything seriously?
k
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by guyXander(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Invalid point my dear. We all know that the male and female body structure differs...that's not reason enuf..
What bout the guys with ear piercings?
What bout the guys who weave their hair?
What bout the guys who put on ladies clothing's
Oh pls..I could go on and on...Ur reason isn't REASON ENOUGH wink

What you should be doing is not being jealous of what guys can do that you can't do. But to bring stuffs up that you can do that we can't do even if we tried.
Like, I'll never be brave enough to carry a baby.
Assuming it was possible.
You have my respect for that.
Or that you guys live longer than us
Or that you guys hit a jackpot when a broke girl marries a rich guy.
I can go on and on. But do you see me complaining.
We hustle hard and dirty.
Sometimes, we scar ourselves so bad, no one will look at us.
I'm working my damn ass here already to make some girl's dream come true.
And the only thing you're worried about is that you can't cheat like we do.
We don't play in the same league but sure do play friendly matches for life.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by haul: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
onstelly:
Chimoo Lemme not talk Oga biko am having headache.
Hehehehe nothing to give headache just my submission.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
haul:

Hehehehe nothing to give headache just my submission.
Smiles ok
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
i do not understand anything you have written,in fact nothing you wrote relates to what i wrote,so what are the comparison for ,if you are trying to put a defense for women,then you fall into my second line,men and women are two different beings,they operate differently,they are not in competition,although the whites have fooled you into believing they are,men and women complement each other not compete with each other,so this comparison thing is a waste of time.men are men and would be men no matter how much the women try to turn them to behave like women .
and a simple experiment would show you that women are more problematic than men,put 5 women in one house and put 5 men in another house for 2 weeks,then you can come back here and tell me your findings

[quote author=dare2differ post=44452130][/quote]
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
guyXander:

What you should be doing is not being jealous of what guys can do that you can't do. But to bring stuffs up that you can do that we can't do even if we tried.
Jealous? Hmmm. No one is talking about jealousy here. Women can do all those things the OP mentioned and get away with it even more so now because of western civilisation and education. We are only saying in African culture especially Nigeria,which in some years to come might even not matter again undecided
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
guyXander:

I just said something like this and some ladies are branding me brainless.
Women should stop trying to be like men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
Persephenee:

Just shame? LOL
I expected more,everybody cant always agree with you.
Must you quote everybody?
Dont you have better things to worry about,you know women would be better off if we stop this blame-judge men stuff. Dont you see how most of us are wasting our lives in prostitution,shouldnt you be converting them and making something of your life?
Continue wasting your life in NL blaming men for how useless you have become.
And dont quote me again.
Instead of running up and down to defend your IQ threatening post, i will advise you read more to help your already decaying brain cells before having kids cos i fear for them.

You know you have a big problem when you equate master of sex to master of the home.

3 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
onoja12:
i do not understand anything you have written,in fact nothing you wrote relates to what i wrote,so what are the comparison for ,if you are trying to put a defense for women,then you fall into my second line,men and women are two different beings,they operate differently,they are not in competition,although the whites have fooled you into believing they are,men and women complement each other not compete with each other,so this comparison thing is a waste of time.men are men and would be men no matter how much the women try to turn them to behave like women .
and a simple experiment would show you that women are more problematic than men,put 5 women in one house and put 5 men in another house for 2 weeks,then you can come back here and tell me your findings

I am yet to see how this relates to this issue now.

The question is why do people cheat? Telling me nonsense on how different they are is nothing but BS.
Why do they cheat? Just because you are a man does not make a woman's reasons less genuine. Being a woman has not stopped women that cheat from cheating. In fact, they have succeeded in juggling their secret lives with their marital lives.

What else do you want?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
Persephenee:

We aren't trying to be like men. We only demand respect as human beings also created by God. Tell me where in the bible did God say only men can fornicate and commit adultery? Did he ever differentiate between genders except in a family setting where a man is the head of his family?? As for submission,how can you treat your wife like a lower specie than you and expect her to be submissive/respectful? Note that fear and respect are two different words with different meanings. If a man truly showers his wife with love,He doesn't need to ask because she will automatically respect him.
Men can never get pregnant talk more of carrying a baby so that shouldn't be a topic in this discussion.
Who said women live longer than men? Is there substantial evidence to prove that? Do you know that maternal mortality rate alone is enough to prove that notion wrong? Then you talk of normal circumstances women also go through everyday like men.
In this day and age,I am yet to see a male job that women cannot do including fighting in warfront.
It's just probably in Africa where of course their backward mentality and ego won't let them allow women fight.
So we also work our asses off! More so because we have to be mothers as well which men can never be.
And the last but not the least,there are more gold digging men now than ever before! Else the word 'gigolo' won't exist. That goes to say a broke man can as well marry a rich woman! Jackpot! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Daresh(f): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?

Darling who cares what anyone thinks? Live your life and just do you.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by lezz(m): 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dcholeric:

you are welcome dear.
by the way, I am just a young man.

and thanks for the complement.

you look tempting , no wonder le.zz....erm..erm......never mind grin .
That's why I find her breathtakingly irresistible!!!

And I'm not the only one; a lot of guys have her as their life's quests.

And I'm ready to fight for the crown with the last swing of my sword cheesy
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by kaycee0147(m): 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
i'll be here dear...waiting for your contribution wink

Really "The best beauty is beautiful manners".well said.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by kaycee0147(m): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
i'll be here dear...waiting for your contribution wink

Really "The best beauty is beautiful manners".well said.
onstelly:

Chimoo
Lemme not talk
Oga biko am having headache.

take panadol oo nne
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
kaycee0147:

take panadol oo nne
OK thanks
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Dcholeric: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
lezz:

And I'm not the only one; alot of guys have her as their life's quests.

And I'm reading to fight for the crown with the last swing of my sword cheesy
I concur .

I might wanna flirt as well grin .
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by guyXander(m): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Persephenee:

thankyoumybrother
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
grin grin grin

lezz:

And I'm not the only one; alot of guys have her as their life's quests.

And I'm reading to fight for the crown with the last swing of my sword cheesy
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
yes maami kiss

Daresh:

Darling who cares what anyone thinks? Live your life and just do you.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
understanding is one thing, reading is another.
The word cheating was crafted by who?if i may ask
Men are polygamous in nature ,Africans new this hence why polygamy is a way of life in Africa.
it is the white who try to tell you other wise but have ended up making there women polygamous too,let us face it a man been married 4 times with kids from 4 different women is polygamy in a stupid way

dare2differ:

The question is why do people cheat? Telling me nonsense on how different they are is nothing but BS.
Why do they cheat? Just because you are a man does not make a woman's reasons less genuine. Being a woman has not stopped women that cheat from cheating. In fact, they have succeeded in juggling their secret lives with their marital lives.

What else do you want?

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
guyXander:
thankyoumybrother
I be a chick! angry
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onoja12: 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
and secondly watch your tone,if you are here to pick a fight please,go to some else post using BS or/and statement like that are not welcome.if you are a feminist that is fine for you,but doesn't mean anybody is intimidated by you especially me

dare2differ:

What else do you want?

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
onoja12:
and secondly watch your tone,if you are here to pick a fight please,go to some else post using BS or/and statement like that are not welcome.if you are a feminist that is fine for you,but doesn't mean anybody is intimidated by you especially me

Trust me when I say Intimidation was the last thing on my mind when I was writing the reply

This is not about feminism. What does feminism have to do with the fact that married women also desire men other than their husbands? Unless you can prove otherwise, you have no argument.

I also do not like it when people start man vs woman argument for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
onoja12:
understanding is one thing, reading is another.
The word cheating was crafted by who?if i may ask
Men are polygamous in nature ,Africans new this hence why polygamy is a way of life in Africa.
it is the white who try to tell you other wise but have ended up making there women polygamous too,let us face it a man been married 4 times with kids from 4 different women is polygamy in a stupid way

You do not want to be insulted yet you want me to allow you to insult me indirectly

Our ancestors used to do human sacrifice. I swear they had a very good reason. Don't you think as true Africans we ought to continue with it.

Whites do not tell me otherwise. It is common sense. people get attracted to to other people. Why do you find that hard to understand?

Do you seriously think you would be the only guy your wife would be attracted to for the rest of her life? there are lots of women who did especially old women.

If you are Yoruba, go back to your hometown. Ask them about women who were married to more than two husbands, I am not talking about women born in the 80s o. I meant older women. I know at least three women in my family who had nothing less than three husbands. I have friends whose great-grandmothers and grandmothers had the same excperience. It used to happen in those days. It might be rare but it sha happened. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
Persephenee:
I just said something like this and some ladies are branding me brainless. Women should stop trying to be like men.
Woorrd
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Trust me when I say Intimidation was the last thing on my mind when I was writing the reply

This is not about feminism. What does feminism have to do with the fact that married women also desire men other than their husbands? Unless you can prove otherwise, you have no argument.

I also do not like it when people start man vs woman argument for no reason.

but that's bad habit
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

You do not want to be insulted yet you want me to allow you to insult me indirectly

Our ancestors used to do human sacrifice. I swear they had a very good reason. Don't you think as true Africans we ought to continue with it.

Whites do not tell me otherwise. It is common sense. people get attracted to to other people. Why do you find that hard to understand?

Do you seriously think you would be the only guy your wife would be attracted to for the rest of her life? there are lots of women who did especially old women.

If you are Yoruba, go back to your hometown. Ask them about women who were married to more than two husbands, I am not talking about women born in the 80s o. I meant older women. I know at least three women in my family who had nothing less than three husbands. I have friends whose great-grandmothers and grandmothers had the same excperience. It used to happen in those days. It might be rare but it sha happened. undecided

Don't mind him jare! Like he can actually prove women aren't also polygamous in nature! Arrant nonsense! undecided
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dare2differ: 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
pinceprinz:

but that's bad habit

Of course, it is.

That is we have to come together and crucify those who think cheating is okay. They need to know that they are not the only ones that get attracted to other people.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Not true, except the man is actually rich

In many homes especially in Nigeria, the woman shares and contributes almost the same percentage of her salary as her husband yet she is still expected to deal with most daily chores.

Very Big Fatt LIE!
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
dare2differ:

Of course, it is.

That is we have to come together and crucify those who think cheating is okay. They need to know that they are not the only ones that get attracted to other people.

Maybe it is not cheating but steps towards polygamy. Who knows?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Blows Trumpet For His Fiancee As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos / Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook? / SideChick Claims Girlfriend is her Girlfriend-in-law (Hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.