Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... (29451 Views)

Casual Sex, The Pill And Condoms Are Transforming Our Women To Feminazis / I Am Emotional Abused By My Spouse, What Shall I Do? / Marriage: A Way For Most Nigerian Women To Escape Poverty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mindfulness:
RoyalRoy, clean up this thread and send these kids back to Romance section. Thank you.

angry angry angry

Okay, I am out.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:
Trust me, I don't especially my complete profile.

I rarely snap. So 4 pics in (full-hijab) with at a least one full pic, is stretching the lie grin

*sips tea to awash the lie down*

Biko, tell your friend to get a job. I am not responsible for his misery angry
I want to believe you, but I won't. In this era of taking selfish selfies, you don't have a pic. Na wa oh.

Don't tell me the reason why you don't take one is because you're so pretty? I know your moslem men hate it when their women show off their beauty? grin
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Don't forget plagiarism. Did you get a ban?
grin grin grin grin grin Aye!!!

Plagiarism skipped me.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Trendin(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

If I knew what I look like, I would send you one wink wink

Clearly, Lezz has an idea.

Lets wait for him
hello, biitch, i learned your nu.des are making the front page soon. hope your boobs are not flappy, though? shocked ...pls don't disappoint us.. kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
DarkKnightxxx:
grin grin grin grin grin Aye!!!

Plagiarism skipped me.
Hmm. I see your moniker is the aka of my mentor, expert for the Bleep part. grin

Nice.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:
Trust me, I don't especially my complete profile.

I rarely snap. So 4 pics in (full-hijab) with at a least one full pic, is stretching the lie grin

*sips tea to awash the lie down*

Biko, tell your friend to get a job. I am not responsible for his misery angry

No full pics or hijabs. You were in a group , standing close to another pretty Muslim lady with a nice set of teeth which only help to emphasise your rare ugliness.

You were solo in another. Wrinkling, frowning, sad and aging. Black hijab, night time.

Hall way, hall lights. The false smile for the camera man didn't hide your sorrows too.

You are not aging well, Doveda. You need help fast!!!

Have I convinced you I have your pics yet?

You think I'll lie?

2 Likes

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
I want to believe you, but I won't. In this era of taking selfish selfies, you don't have a pic. Na wa oh.

Don't tell me the reason why you don't take one is because you're so pretty? I know your moslem men hate it when their women show off their beauty? grin
It is not about Muslim men. Islam itself recommends women not to show off.

Also, it is a personalty thing. I can't even take people's pictures.

Now that I remember, I used have some full pictures however they have been deleted. Kinda weird but that is me!
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
DarkKnightxxx:
No full pics or hijabs. You were in a group , standing close to another pretty Muslim lady with a nice set of teeth which only help to emphasise your rare ugliness.

You were solo in another. Wrinkling, frowning, sad and aging. Black hijab, night time.

Ball way, hall lights. The false smile for the camera man didn't hide your sorrows too.

You are not aging well, Doveda. You need help fast!!!

Have I convinced you I have your pics yet?

You think I'll lie?

Interesting, I have never taken a picture with another Muslim lady.

The last time i took pictures with mum would be during my valedictory.

Try again grin undecided
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

It is not about Muslim men. Islam itself recommends women not to show off.

Also, it is a personalty thing. I can't even take people's pictures.

Now that I remember, I used have some full pictures however they have been deleted. Kinda weird but that is me!
So you're saying you do everything Islam recommend for women?
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
And never forget, sensationality mixed with all manner of hasty generalization and non sequitor comments.

Sometimes I wonder why they never can seem to make friends with logic and reason.

They feel that as Women, they simply have the EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS for every phenomena to be in their favor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
ilawanson44:

They feel that as Women, they simply have the EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS for every phenomena to be in their favor
LMAO.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
So you're saying you do everything Islam recommend for women?
I try to do most (and I mean try).

Like I said, it is a personality thing.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

Interesting, I have never taken a picture with another Muslim lady.

The last time i took pictures with mum would be during my valedictory.

Try again grin undecided

Bwahahaha. If that's your mother then you look older!!!! Aderinsola, you've never taken any picture with anyone in your life, not even in a black hijap and wool colour gown!!!

I'll drop it on your laps with my disposable moniker on this thread. Oh, and there's one with no hijab, just your natural hair, you were still ugly and sad too.

Still disbelieving?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Hmm. I see your moniker is the aka of my mentor, expert for the Bleep part. grin

Nice.
grin grin grin grin
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Knetpro(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
unlawfulact:
I quite agree with you. Most of these ladies are in their mid and late 20s. While their male counterpart of the same age are struggling to get paid job or to feed themselves. The truth is at this age some male folks still rely heavily on their parents for survival. When these men are ready to settle down they are less likely say in their early or mid 30s they are less likely to date someone of their age . The only advice i have for ladies expecially those one in higher institutions is to change their mindset about graduating and working for a number of years before they get married.

I think you have a point there.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
DarkKnightxxx:

Bwahahaha. If that's your mother then you look older!!!! Aderinsola, you've never taken any picture with anyone in your life, not even in a black hijap and wool colour gown!!!

I'll drop it on your laps with my disposable moniker on this thread. Oh, and there's one with no hijab, jsir your natural hair, you were still ugly and sad too.

Still disbelieving?
That is my BBM moniker shocked

This is getting interesting

Send me pics. I am really curious
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:
I try to do most (and I mean try).

Like I said, it is a personality thing.
Hmm. And what does Islam say about insulting people who insult you? And what does Islam also say about women who preach feminism? I know for a fact that Islam said a woman's happiness is at the sole of her husbands shoe or even feet. So what's with all this feminism nonsense you spread about.

Mind you, before you answer, lemme quickly mention the Islamic scholars I know here, Empiree and Rilwayne001. So be careful how you answer.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Logician:

You and doveda should kindly spare my moniker from the rants. I'm sleeping, don't wake me with unending mention.
Shut up and put on an ear guard!!! If you have a moniker as simple and unimaginative like logician, prepare for a load of unsolicited mentions

2 Likes

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

kikememe@yahoo.com
Kikememe, what a hell kind of a name is that ? Sounds quarrelsome and dumb.

Aren't you in Facebook?
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by HaneefahRN(f): 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
lezz:
What were you doing up late? Hope all is well, dear?

Nothing much. Yh. All izz well. How has your day been?
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Hmm. And what does Islam say about insulting people who insult you? And what does Islam also say about women who preach feminism? I know for a fact that Islam said a woman's happiness is at the sole of her husbands shoe or even feet. So what's with all this feminism nonsense you spread about.

Mind you, before you answer, lemme quickly mention the Islamic scholars I know here, Empiree and Rilwayne001. So be careful how you answer.

Did you skil the part where I used 'most'?

Islam allows you to show people the error of their ways. I can choose to forgive them and I can choose not to

I never called myself feminist. However if you decide to call me a feminist. No wahala

It may surprise you that my religion has some feminism in it. grin
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Empiree: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:

Mind you, before you answer, lemme quickly mention the Islamic scholars I know here, Em.piree and Ri.lwayne001. So be careful how you answer.
What's gona here?. im aint scholar...just a dude.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
DarkKnightxxx:
Kikememe, what a hell kind of a name is that ? Sounds quarrelsome and dumb.

Aren't you in Facebook?

Damn! You know yourself so well grin

I don't do facebook.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

Did you skil the part where I used 'most'?

Islam allows you to show people the error of their ways. I can choose to forgive them and I can choose not to

I never called myself feminist. However if you decide to call me a feminist. No wahala

It may surprise you that my religion has some feminism in it. grin
That's exactly what I'm saying. Islam never sad you should do 'most' the laws of Islam are clearly written for its adherents to follow in its entirety, not do most and leave less.

So you show people the error of their ways by insulting them when they insult you? Bloody marvelous.

Intriguing. So you never called yourself a feminist. Hmm. I see... Can you kindly tell where Islam show or tolerate feminism?
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by joseph1832(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
Empiree:
What's gona here?. im aint scholar...just a dude.
Well your knowledge in Islam is vast. I merely mentioned you to please indulge your moslem sister doveda who call herself a feminist and believe its okay for her a woman to insult and equate herself to a man.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Trendin(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

kikememe@yahoo.com
just dey pray make your pictures no enter my hand.....you'd be forced to commit suicide.. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
That's exactly what I'm saying. Islam never sad you should do 'most' the laws of Islam are clearly written for its adherents to follow in its entirety, not do most and leave less.

So you show people the error of their ways by insulting them when they insult you? Bloody marvelous.

Intriguing. So you never called yourself a feminist. Hmm. I see... Can you kindly tell where Islam show or tolerate feminism?

Whatever suits you.

It is very funny when people pretend to know so much about my religion.

Myth 1: “Islam practices FGM (Female Genital Mutilation).”

There is no evidence to corroborate this from within Islam or otherwise.

Myth 2: “Muslim women are not allowed to receive an education. Muslims are taught against Science.”

The word “Muslim” is inclusive of both men and women.

In fact, this notion of education is so strong in Islam that Muslims are required to question the Quran itself:

“[38:29] … (They) may ponder over its Verses, and that those of understanding would be reminded.”

This is not lost in practice. Fatima al-Fihri, a Muslim woman in the 9th century, was responsible for establishing the world’s very first University (in existence to this day as the University of al-Qarawiyyin in Fes, Morocco).

Myth 3: “A wife at home has no right to any property, financial security, or to work; if she asks for a divorce, she must return her dowry and has no rights.”

Islam respects a woman’s right to financial security. Women are entitled to a limitless personal dowry upon marriage (“gift”), irrevocable in divorce or disagreement. This is in contrast to many Asian cultures where men receive the dowry.

A woman also has the right to keep her last name, property she owned prior to marriage, and any income earned during marriage. Her property is recognised as hers alone rather than “for the household” or “for the man.”

If a divorcee has children, she is entitled to child support. Islam is aware of the bitterness which can accompany divorce and preempts it:

“[2:231] When you divorce women, and they reach their prescribed term, then retain them in kindness and retain them not for injury so that you transgress (the limits) …”

Myth 4: “Women are overlooked — they have no say nor importance in Islam. If they dare to interject, they will be criminalised.”

More than half of Islam comes from a woman. ‘Aisha (RA) narrated over two thousand Hadith (major source of guidance for Muslims) and is noted for teaching eminent scholars.

The Prophet’s first wife Khadijah (twice widowed before) was a businesswoman, one of the wealthiest in Arabia. Khadijah (RA) was the first woman to accept Islam.

To disregard a woman in Islam, is to disregard the consideration given to them through Islam. Even 1,400 years ago, there were women outstanding above their male peers. To say women should not “dare to interject”, when 1.5 billion Muslims across the world look to a woman’s work in guidance of their faith, is neither logical nor sane.

Myth 5: “Showing disrespect to a woman is fine — a man’s status is higher than her.”

The Quran explicitly refutes this countless times.

“[3:195] Their Lord responded to them: “I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female — you are equal to one another.”

“[4:124] As for those who lead a righteous life, male or female, while believing, they enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice.”

“[49:13] O people, we created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another.”

At a time when equal rights between tribes was unthinkable, let alone between men and women, the Quran would constantly reinforce this notion of equality

The global attitude towards women at this time was disastrous. The West held councils to decide whether women had “souls” and regarded them as objects to be bought and sold. Practically the same situation encompassed Arabia.

Considering this, for a religion to envisage that a mother has “Paradise beneath her feet” was radical in its justice. Let alone that “Daughters are a blessing: they are kind, helpful, good companions, blessed, and like cleanliness,” or to teach that men must “Dwell with their wives in kindness for even if you hate them, you might be hating someone in whom God has placed so much good,” is progressive to say the least, and revolutionary in all fairness.

Far from a man’s status being higher than that of a woman, Islam goes as far as entitling women to natural protection should they require it.

Islam recognises the differing physiology of both sexes and puts a duty on men to spend their wealth in favour of the woman (from the Quran’s reference to “a degree above them“). Women are also given breaks from prayer, fasting, and other religious obligations depending on their necessity.

Islam not only perpetuates an unequivocal equality, but also acknowledges those inherent scientific differences and addresses them with justice, kindness, and responsibility. Yes, a religion which actually takes science into account when dealing with people.

Conclusion

It is worth contrasting this religion which enacted a woman’s right to participate in government, own property, an education, child support, welfare, financial earnings, professional development, capacity for individuality, and human rights 1,400 years ago, with those that label it a beacon of gender discrimination.

Critics label Islam a religion “of the Middle Ages” — yet the aforementioned simple extracts from this “medieval” faith show an ideology timeless in its righteousness, be it the Middle Ages or the Renaissance.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/MyMPN/islam-actually-feminist-religion-5-myths-islam/

1 Like

Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Well your knowledge in Islam is vast. I merely mentioned you to please indulge your moslem sister doveda who call herself a feminist and believe its okay for her a woman to insult and equate herself to a man.
Stop being da.ft

I can insult you and I will insult you!
There is nothing you can do to change that
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by DarkKnightxxx(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
doveda:

Damn! You know yourself so well grin

I don't do facebook.
Yeah, you don't do Facebook but I just called you by your name!!!
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Empiree: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
I Noticed This Thread Was Opened Yesterday And It Has Attracted Quiet Some Page For Me To Go Through Right Now. I Am Currently Busy

joseph1832:
I merely mentioned you to please indulge your moslem sister doveda who call herself a feminist
I consider this to be allegation against her because I glanced through the thread really quick and noticed that she said she didnt call herself feminist. That may have been your conceived notion. Can you quote her for reference?

and believe its okay for her a woman to insult and equate herself to a man.
Okay, can you quote her please. I don't want to read anything out of context. I will appreciate it. In Islam, men and women have their roles to play. Men and women are equal before God if that what she meant. But role play, different.
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by Trendin(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
DarkKnightxxx:
Yeah, you don't do Facebook but I just called you by your name!!!
leak dis thing na......let me disgrace the biatch like i did ishitlove.. grin
Re: And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... by doveda: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Empiree:
I Noticed This Thread Was Opened Yesterday And It Has Attracted Quiet Some Page For Me To Go Through Right Now. I Am Currently Busy

I consider this to be allegation against her because I glanced through the thread really quick and noticed that she said she didnt call herself feminist. That may have been your conceived notion. Can you quote her for reference?

Okay, can you quote her please. I don't want to read anything out of context. I will appreciate it. In Islam, men and women have their roles to play. Men and women are equal before God if that what she meant. But role play, different

I never called myself a feminist]

Their issue was my stance on domestic chores. Although I don't see why a woman shouldn't take on all domestic chores however it would be stvpid to expect most average homes to do that today.

I supported with reasons including the fact both sexes can do domestic chores effectively and also the fact that in Islam, it is not clear cut (The prophet used to wash his clothes, in my culture most people expect he woman too) however I am keen on some scholars' view that it should be flexible.

According to joseph1892's logic, being flexible=feminism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Behaviors To Avoid While Waiting To Marry / My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? / Man Names His Newborn Son 'Buhari' In Jos In Honour Of The President (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.